Romney: “Of course I’ll win, I’m the white guy”. Really?

Deborah 2012/05/27 14:35:24
He will win because he's the white guy
Yes, being an idiot has nothing to do with it
Romney's in for a rude awakening
If this is the only choice, NEVER
It's going to be Obama all the way.

What could have been a game changing moment in Mitt Romney’s campaign turned into a horrendous gaffe Tuesday afternoon when the former governor was having lunch with a few of his supporters. Romney was hoping to show America how well he relates to the average working American by having a press recorded lunch at a local pancake house in rural Kentucky where the primary elections were taking place. However, what turned from a nice preplanned lunch with “common-folk conversation” ended up getting off track when one of Romney’s supporters asked him how he was so certain he would win. Romney turned to the man seated on his left and seemingly forgetting the ten plus reporters in the room said, “Well between you and me, we have to think about the reality of the situation. Obama is a popular guy and his supporters are hell-bent in getting him reelected. There is one thing that his campaign seems to keep forgetting over and over, and that is how many Americans can’t stand the guy for an obvious reason. Of course I’ll win, I’m the white guy.”

The Romney supporter looked at Romney with a look of agreement yet bewilderment. The chatter within the room got quite loud as reporters grabbed at their phones and took rapid notes. It’s not every day that a candidate is so brutally honest with his supporters.

One of Romney’s aides quickly tapped the former governor on the shoulder and whispered something into his ear. Romney’s face had a stone cold expression that can only be described as terrified. After talking with his aide for a minute or so, Romney turned back to the table and smiled saying, “It’s a good thing we all know how to take a joke here, huh? Of course the reason that I know I’m going to win in because I’m the guy that will stand up for true conservative values and economic prosperity. Which of course is what the American people will want come November.
After Romney finished speaking he stood up from the table and was ushered outside to a waiting car. In hopes that he was able to successfully spin his verbal gaffe, Romney made sure to get a spot on Fox News’ Hannity as soon as possible to further clear up any “liberal spin” that may occur.

Only time will tell if he can recover from this clear opinion of his true beliefs in why he thinks he will win this upcoming November.http://www.freewoodpost.com/2012/05/22/romney-of-course-ill-w...Romney  u201COf course I u2019ll win I u2019m the white guy u201D Really

• Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru 2012/05/27 14:46:46
    Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru
    +20
    You are aware that this was a satire piece correct? This never even happened. Free wood post does satire pieces.

Sigh, some people should not be allowed to surf satirical sites such as the onion and free wood posts.

• Brosia 2012/06/22 23:09:34
    Romney's in for a rude awakening
    Brosia
    +1
    Wow, finally, proof that he is a racist.

What a tool.
  • Flamingolady 2012/06/21 13:27:02
    Flamingolady
  • Active Dolphin61 2012/06/14 10:53:40
    If this is the only choice, NEVER
    Active Dolphin61
    +1
    I would have loved to be in the room when he said that. OMG that is funny/scary!
  • Active ... Active ... 2012/06/14 10:58:07
    Active Dolphin61
    +1
    Crap I shouldn't read this stuff at 4:00 AM of course its not true. Silly me.
  • Daryl 2012/06/12 04:22:43
    Daryl
    +1
    Almost as funny as that story about Obama raping puppies in a Kenyan Muslim ceremony.

What a knee-slapper!
  • Twitch 2012/06/11 01:57:52
    It's going to be Obama all the way.
    Twitch
    +2
    I'm just going to go with my Boss on this one! Oorah Mr. President!
  • YouSirName 2012/06/07 17:59:11
    YouSirName
    +2
    Satire aside, Romney's real position: "Of course I'll win, I'm the rich guy."
  • SW 2012/06/07 12:21:15
    SW
    +1
    Romney says enough stupid s#$% --you don't need to present this as though it's a real quote... wait is it a real quote? I wouldn't put it past him.
  • Dawn Jacquelyn 2012/06/07 04:22:15
    Romney's in for a rude awakening
    Dawn Jacquelyn
    +2
    Romney's an idiot - I'm voting for Obama again!
  • David Lindner 2012/06/06 22:03:44
    David Lindner
    satirical piece. back to reality.
  • Proggy 2012/06/06 20:30:37
    It's going to be Obama all the way.
    Proggy
    +2
    Hahahaha! Though this is parody, it's still no so far from the truth.
  • michael 2012/05/30 00:11:57
    michael
    This is PURE simple Democractic propaganda driven non-sense that will only further inflame any and all racial tension in this country.
  • Proggy michael 2012/06/06 20:24:44 (edited)
    Proggy
    Trust me! It's not the Democratic party inflaming racial tensions.... http://is.gd/I5GIxK
  • michael Proggy 2012/06/07 14:52:46
    michael
    If what you are saying is true .......then we have a real problem in Tennessee-becuas most of the people behind the opposing the Murfressboro mosque battle call themselves Democrats
  • Proggy michael 2012/06/08 15:04:06
    Proggy
    So do these so-called fake DINOS....

There a few (thank goodness VERY FEW) of these types of democrats customary of places like Tennessee, West Virginia, Kentucky, and rural everywhere else. Bigotry, ignorance, stupidity, and cowardice does cross party lines. But this is a prime example of a point I made in another blog about the shifts in the two parties. While these people may be Democrats, they're certainly NOT liberal/progressives.
  • michael Proggy 2012/06/08 16:47:17
    michael
    so you are agreeing with me at least in the sense that party labels mean NOTHING at all by your statement "Bigotry, ignorance, stupidity, and cowardice does cross party lines" since that is true then what is the difference beween them??? Also the chain of logic you are suggesting naturally raises the question that if there is NO real difference why do people really buy into the two party system other that it is simply tradition??
  • Proggy michael 2012/06/09 02:36:20
    Proggy
    Tradition and MONEY! Thank you Citizens United!
  • michael Proggy 2012/06/09 02:44:50
    michael
    so values mean nothing at all and money means everything....I have a hard time beleaving that.
    American democratic politics is more complex than a simple quest for money--after all why did so many Northern states fight to end slavery..remenber , slavery was profitable to Northern companies but people still chose the democratic ideals over money.......right???
    My main point was/still is simply this people shouldn't give up their common sense and humanity to politicans and political parties--after all that is a sign of decline and decay of a country's moral standards especially a democratic country.
  • John 2012/05/29 22:06:05 (edited)
    John
    I'd really like to see the facts about him supposedly making that statement. It seems more like something a not-too-bright Obama supporter might make up.

Edit: After looking around the web, it appears this is a phony story. (Euphemistically called "a satire.") But of course it will spin around as if it's true. Just like it has here on SodaHead,
  • jay 2012/05/29 02:45:59
    jay
    +1
    I cant stand obama, I am a democrat and one time supporter of the socialist until I came to my senses.

The only way I think obama loses if if a couple things happen
    1, 13th-15th amendments are repealled. No way he wins then,
    2, more white people get pride in their heritage along with patriots of other races no way Obama could win if 65% of the white vote acts white and acts in their intrest.
    3 People who contribute nothing to society ( 3rd generation welfare mother who lives in public housing, gets food stamps and has hardley ever worked and has 4 kids by 4 baby daddy's two of which are in jail) are barred from voting.

Short of that I am not sure how he loses and see a civil war over that disgrace.
  • T. James H 2012/05/28 20:42:09
  • Deborah T. James H 2012/05/28 22:20:15
    Deborah
    +1
    Thank you very much, very well said.
  • John T. James H 2012/05/29 22:13:43
    John
    Most here who are against Obama would probably vote for Allen West or Thomas Sowell in a heartbeat. Both of them are "twice as Black" as Obama.
  • T. James H John 2012/05/29 23:53:47
  • John T. James H 2012/05/30 13:07:08
    John
    I agree with much of what you said. I don't care for Romney. I think he's a RINO at best trying to package himself as some kind of slightly right-of-center slightly conservative. (B/t/w... I myself am an ultra-conservative. And please don't mistake that for some kind of right-wing big-gov statist with differing agendas being the only difference between them and big-gov lib statists.)

However, I'll vote for Romney. I rarely do that, vote for a candidate I don't really agree with. I voted for Paul in 1988 (Libertarian), but I don't support him now. (Twenty-four years can change a candidate.) I didn't really care for any Republican candidate. (Santorum being the closest.)

However like I said I'll vote for Romney. I think this election is too important to lose to Obama. I believe our country is truly at the brink of an irreversible headlong plunge into Socialism and another term of Obama will do it. I think a great many otherwise very conservative voters think the same way.

And so, like the US being allied with Soviet Russia in World War II, "The enemy of my biggest enemy is my friend."

When you're travelling down the highway in the wrong direction, the first thing to do is pull over and stop the car. And then take the time to look at the road-map and re-plan your new route.
  • T. James H John 2012/05/30 18:51:49
  • John T. James H 2012/05/31 14:32:54
    John
    I respect your steadfast adherence to your principles. (And I sincerely mean that.) For the majority of my voting life I've done the same. Which usually meant third-party or even write-in candidates.

Like I said, I've voted for Paul in the past. However I disagree with him on quite a few issues now including his more recent (as within the last twenty-five years) views that seem divisive if not slightly bigoted. Also his apparent view that America should immediately pull out of virtually all alliances, treaties, interventions, etc. While I agree that America should have never been a party to them in the first place and should disentangle itself from the world-stage in an orderly way as soon as possible, starting with a withdrawal from the UN, I think that an abrupt change would result in a great deal of danger, chaos and unintended consequences that would be harmful, most importantly, to America as well as to the world in general.

I honestly hate to take the pragmatic view in this election. I've always believed, when others have said to me "You're just wasting your vote." that to vote for a lesser of two evils candidate was the true "wasting" of one's vote.

But there is a time for pragmatism. As I mentioned above for example the alliance with Russia in WWII to fight the m...

But there is a time for pragmatism. As I mentioned above for example the alliance with Russia in WWII to fight the more immediate threat of Nazism. Shooting an intruder who is about to do physical harm to your family because there's no time to use reason to defend them. Or Moses, as commanded by God, putting to the sword even the infant children of the Hittites or the Amorites. To give medical attention to an injured serial murderer is not "to participate in the sin they commit" if they might commit another murder in the future. Sometimes pragmatism or immediacy can become the moral imperative.

And I truly believe this is one of those times where pragmatism is morally justified. A vote split between varying degrees of conservatism (and even RINOism) is a guaranteed win for Obama. And in every way, he is truly the vastly greater of two evils.
  • T. James H John 2012/06/07 02:12:06
  • John T. James H 2012/06/07 12:51:59
    John
    +1
    Yes, I'd vote for Paul if he were the nominee. Again, not my choice but "better than Obama." I agree with much of what he says, and I agree with you that disentangling America from non-security treaties and agreements, etc should be a priority and would ultimately lead to an economic boom and other social benefits as well. However much of this needs to be done gradually and cautiously.

We couldn't safely say for example "As of Jan.1, 2013 all American forces will be withdrawn to American territory, all international treaties will expire and all military and economic aid to foreign nations will cease."

It would create havoc, especially for America's security. Had we never gotten so entangled over the last fifty or more years things might be different now, but we did and we have to deal with today's realities. We have enemies who hate us and strategic interests that at least for now we need to maintain. For example we need bases for American forces worldwide and maintain some key allies related to that security. For now we need bases in Asia, Europe and the Pacific region. We need Israel at least for now as some kind of "off-set" in a region that basically hates America. (Contrary to what most libs and a few conservatives believe, if America immediately abandoned Israel it w...

It would create havoc, especially for America's security. Had we never gotten so entangled over the last fifty or more years things might be different now, but we did and we have to deal with today's realities. We have enemies who hate us and strategic interests that at least for now we need to maintain. For example we need bases for American forces worldwide and maintain some key allies related to that security. For now we need bases in Asia, Europe and the Pacific region. We need Israel at least for now as some kind of "off-set" in a region that basically hates America. (Contrary to what most libs and a few conservatives believe, if America immediately abandoned Israel it wouldn't make all the Islamic nations in the Middle-East our buddies or stop hating us. Maybe if we'd never been involved with Israel (and other issues as well over several decades) they'd now hate us less, but as I said above, we have to deal with the realities of today as they are.

America should begin this disentanglement, while at the same time begin to build a national defense that is virtually impermeable and so powerful, both nuclear and conventional, that no one would dare try to do us harm. And then begin to pull out of these entanglements, police-actions and the rest, with an admonishment to the nations of the world that we intend to stay out of the destinies of other nations except when they threaten our own national security. But if and when they do we are prepared to respond immediately and with extreme force.

If I have a belligerent and very unfriendly next-door neighbor who some morning walks out on his porch drunk with a shotgun screaming "I'm going to kill you all" as he begins loading it with shells, I'm not going to wait until he shoots my dog and grandson playing in the front yard before I put a bullet through his forehead with my AR-15.

In the same way, a "saber-rattling" by another nation (for example Iran or North Korea) would be treated the same way. If North Korea has acquired a nuclear capability and announces its next goal is to develop ballistic missiles that can deliver a nuclear warhead to Anchorage, Portland and Seattle I wouldn't wait until those missiles were on their way over the Pacific (whether we had the defensive ability to stop them or not before they struck) before I would lay North Korea to waste.

Anyway, yes. I'd vote for Ron Paul if he were the nominee. A senile old coot conservative is a better alternative for president than an incompetent Marxist.
  • T. James H John 2012/06/10 16:52:58
  • Jim 2012/05/28 20:06:25
    Jim
    I'll vote for Romney because Obama back in the White House would be a disaster and the downfall of America as we know and like it.
  • Deborah Jim 2012/05/28 22:21:24
    Deborah
    +2
    So being Bush-whacked taught you nothing right?
  • Cat 1017 Deborah 2012/05/29 19:53:07
    Cat 1017
    +1
    LOL...It appears he learned NOTHING!!!
  • Nanjing03 2012/05/28 16:35:26 (edited)
    Nanjing03
    Of course he never said that. But he will win if enough people who see the immediate danger of a second Obama term, are willing to hold their noses and throw the Romney lever in the voting booth. This shouldn't be a vote of confidence for Romney, but actually wising up to the reality of the moment and picking the lesser of two evils to buy time for something better.

Even after a Romney victory, the American people need to stand on his toes just as hard as they are standing on Obama's toes now. The two established political parties need to be thoroughly gutted from the inside-out and only the current angry American citizenry -- at the grass roots level -- can make it happen.
  • w2xad 2012/05/28 16:33:52
    w2xad
    Obongo is white too. You just can't toss away your genes by just saying so!
    This November no matter who wins the presidency the losing streak for all Americans will continue!
  • BackWoodsMike 2012/05/28 15:15:52
    BackWoodsMike
    +1
    Satire piece (just like you see on SNL) Deborah.

For a Post Grad (according to your profile), you certainly didn't use those skills in the area research on this.

Allow me to enlighten you on this.. It was “satire” and it “never happened”.

Have a safe day..
  • OPOA912 2012/05/28 15:08:23 (edited)
    OPOA912
    +2
    Romney would have to make 20 gaffes a day just to get close to Biden's gaffes. And if you think telling people your white is a big deal, then why does OZbama keep reminding us he's black?????
  • Jim OPOA912 2012/05/28 20:17:39
    Jim
    Half white half black.
  • OPOA912 Jim 2012/05/29 14:01:01
    OPOA912
    I keep forgetting, that's so he can relate to either group?? Politics you know.
  • Dave 2012/05/28 15:05:29
    Dave
    +2
    The world of Liberals is a sad one because they have absolutely NO sense of humor.

Of course, had the Dear Leader commented "Of course I'll win; I'm the black guy," the Libs would have become giddy with adoration of his keen wit and matchless sense of humor.
    We don't even want to consider what body part on Chris Matthew would quiver over having heard such Obama wittiness.

2014/07/24 14:43:50