Romney is going to make pitch to black voters at NAACP’s annual meeting. How do you think that will go?

bob 2012/07/11 14:20:16
Recent polling reveals Romney has virtually no hope of making major inroads with the black community before this November
Not well!
Swimmingly!!
Mitt Romney is committed to competing in the black community despite the odd
I don’t believe the black community will buy what Romney is selling
Romney’s plan to produce more jobs for African-Americans is to put them to work those farmer’s fields and other jobs vacated by those illegal aliens.
After Romney privitizes schools, The black childern will become janitors to pay for their schooling.
Romney will explain his voter supression policies to the NAACP

• Ozzyboy 2012/07/11 16:56:28
    Not well!
    Ozzyboy
    +7
    Blacks vote black no matter how bad their guy is. Marion Barry, Charlie Rangel, Maxine Waters, Jefferson, to name a few. Morals, values, jobs don't appear to be of concern to a lot of blacks.
    There is hope though, when the black churches are saying they have had enough of the
    regime of 0 and his policies.

• SW Jackie ... 2012/07/12 01:17:36
    SW
    Especially if there ARENT ANY. Its just an excuse to suppress non white voters. Period.
  • Jackie ... SW 2012/07/12 03:54:54
    So what you are actually promoting is that minorities are so uninterested or so stupid or so lazy that it is impossible for them to get ID needed to do virtually everything in their lives. As a minority, I find your hypocritical attitude towards us disgusting.
  • SW Jackie ... 2012/07/12 19:13:00
    SW
    How in the hell do you get that from what I said? I'm saying that they're using a trumped up charge of "voter fraud" to do everything they can to make it as hard as possible for minorities to vote. The effect is to try to stop the 0.0007% of actual voter fraud they end up suppressing 20% of actual voters. In Florida they would have 20 places to vote with 20 voting machines each in a mostly white neighborhood with no waiting time or anything while in other places there was one or 2 and sometimes 4 or 6 hour wait times. They sent out fliers giving wrong information about where to vote --little Republican tricks like that.

I say Republican tricks because to this date, ONLY republicans have ever been convicted of election fraud.
  • Starman BigKwell 2012/07/11 20:15:43
  • freethi... Starman 2012/07/12 03:21:55
    freethinker
    Wrong!! The Real Treasonist is YOUR Hussein!! Hanging is too good for that pos!! lol.
  • Starman freethi... 2012/07/12 04:38:28
    Starman
    Wow, dude, check your meds.
  • SW freethi... 2012/07/12 19:14:55
    SW
    ...and yes we get it his middle name is Hussein. Oooh scary. He must be bad if his middle name is Hussein. It's a very simple easy to understand world you live in isn't it.
  • EDWARD G 2012/07/11 16:39:48
    EDWARD G
    +7
    I applaud him for making the effort but I doubt it will matter much. On the other hand, if he didn't go the NAACP would be wailing.
  • Nikki 2012/07/11 16:38:59
    Recent polling reveals Romney has virtually no hope of making major inroads w...
    Nikki
    even though i'm sure a few took the speech into consideration.
  • D Hanes Nikki 2012/07/11 18:22:45
    D Hanes
    +2
    I highly doubt that!
  • Waldorf 2012/07/11 16:38:56
    Waldorf
    +2
    He will have a hard time speaking over the interjections. This is the same way blacks are accustomed to behaving in church. They can't sit there quietly and listen.
  • flaca BN-0 2012/07/11 16:31:11
    flaca BN-0
    +1
    It will go well if Romney gives some specifics about what he's gonna do that will bring a miracle to the US. Despite the global downturn, even in China, who are we going to export to and boost our economy through? If the middle class is getting bashed and only the wealthy are getting richer, who's gonna buy all the products to get the economy moving again? Romney will not be specific: he doesn't know how to turn the economy around and nor does he plan to tackle the deficit (he wants to add $850 bn on to it with tax cuts for everyone).

Will he say I have decided to stop cutting government jobs? Nope. But since blacks are more representated in govt. jobs than private sector jobs as a percentage, how will that make blacks feel secure since they know many of their jobs are already disappearing?
  • Farnsworth 2012/07/11 16:17:48
    Farnsworth
    +4
    Piss poor choices but......

"I don’t believe the black community will buy what Romney is selling" because the dependency class doesn't have the brain nor the courage to be anything but piglets attached to the emaciated corpus of the state sow...

Gates open on the plantation, but you folks still shuck and jive for your masters in the Democratic party....
    +3
    I think he may do well since Obama has done NOTHING to help them. The fact that he's willing and wants to talk at the NAACP says much for his character and his concern for all Americans.
  • ajracestables1 2012/07/11 15:58:48
    ajracestables1
    +1
    All the choices are n/a. Let's here what he has to say to these folks and what they have to say about him after they hear him, then we will know how well he will do with them.
    +4
    God but you are a racist. This is the first in a longwhile Republican who asked the NAACP to aallow him to speak. I think I'd listen to him It will be a Hell of a lot more truthful thz the Marxist Kenyan's speechs
  • Starman jackola... 2012/07/11 20:33:24
    Starman
    +1
    You make statements like that, and you wonder why African Americans HATE conservatives.
  • freethi... Starman 2012/07/12 03:25:32
    freethinker
    Really>?? ALL of my American African friends are ALL Conservatives!! Would Love to see you Try to spew your rhetoric at them!! lol...
  • John Hall 2012/07/11 15:44:25
    John Hall
    +2
    Romney is going to try to explain to the black voters why he's better than Obama . The biggest problem he faces is there mostly democrats and the race barrier .
  • 16 2012/07/11 15:35:46
    16
    +2
    LOL Hell nah.
  • waterlady 2012/07/11 15:35:05
    Not well!
    waterlady
    +2
    Many black people vote for a person who looks like them. In a diverse society, people vote for people of the same race or culture.
  • D Hanes waterlady 2012/07/11 18:23:56
    D Hanes
    +2
    ... and that just shows how dumb that is!
  • jon 2012/07/11 15:28:45
    jon
    +1
    You will not like it, after all they are your slaves HUH?
  • jacktown kid 2012/07/11 15:25:03
    Not well!
    jacktown kid
    +2
    won't cut the mustard
  • gfreeman BN-0 2012/07/11 15:17:33
    Not well!
    gfreeman BN-0
    +2
    Poor to very poor. Also, cringe-worthy.
  • tdterry1999 2012/07/11 15:17:00
    tdterry1999
    +3
    Sadly the blacks still thinks the dems are helping them.Every year the dem's tells them the same thing.Were here to help.Every year they getr poorer and poorer.
  • Don 2012/07/11 15:16:23
    Don
    +3
    He'll do the right thing and reach out to them, but it's a waste of time.
    They'll respond with a snarky reply like Julian Bond did to Bush.
    They are race baiters and are perfectly content to not wander off the democrap plantation.
    obamabot
  • darlenedoskas1969 2012/07/11 15:13:58
    Not well!
    darlenedoskas1969
    +2
    ...something rather like a lead balloon, I suspect
  • George Zook 2012/07/11 15:11:29
    George Zook
    +3
    Romney already said that he thinks that the average american just doesn't get whats going on ... perhaps he will illuminate the poor confused NAACP about the truth ... as soon as he clears his etch-a-sketch
  • HiYa 2012/07/11 15:06:09
    HiYa
    +4
    Romney has no soul, no personality and no platform. His only offering is that he is NOT Obama. Some people are in such opposition to Obama, that, that is enough. The simple fact that they could have a different man in the white house is enough. They are prepared to cut off their noses to spite their face.

Most people who have decided to hate Obama are the same dumb-asses who sat around slack jawed and stupid as Bush made mincemeat out of this economy and encouraged companies to send jobs overseas for TWO terms, but they expect President Obama to get us out in just one term (while working with Republican Senators who vote against him just for the hell of it). Most Blacks understand that to whites you have to be three times better just to be considered 'half' as good. Romney isn't fooling anyone but impatient, rich, stupid or just plain racist voters.
  • SoCalEx... HiYa 2012/07/11 20:15:04
    SoCalEx-Dem
    +2
    Good Lord, your rant is full of lies. The Senate is controlled by the Democrats, hence no budget in 3 years. I realize its hard to keep up with the daily talking points of the Democrats. You need to stop telling lies on an open forum. Some of us didn't particularly care for Bush, but Obama is worse. Country before Party Always!
  • HiYa SoCalEx... 2012/07/11 20:22:05
    HiYa
    +1
    I could start by asking exactly which part is a lie, but as I said, I have no interest in going back and forth with you.

You're a troll and want to fight with anyone who isn't as narrow in their thinking, racists, short sighted and small minded (as your unsolicited response) shows you are.
  • freethi... HiYa 2012/07/12 03:30:46
    freethinker
    +1
    HiYa Sheep!! Hussein had 2 years with his puppets to do all the Damage he wants to do to America!! But yet the punk still blames Everyone and Everything for him being such a Fantastic Failure!! Racists Always bring up that word first!! Now be a good lil sheep and go back to your trough of koolaid!! lol...
  • JL freethi... 2012/07/12 11:39:30
    JL
    PARDON THE PIGGYBACK...HIYA, SEEMS TO HAVE ME BLOCKED...JUST A THANK YOU TO ANOTHER FOOL SPOUTING LIES AND ANXIOUS TO SHARE THEIR IGNORANCE...KEEP IT UP, BOOBY!
  • HiYa freethi... 2012/07/12 18:48:25
    HiYa
    Your insults are run of the mill... They don't evoke anything at all, and your unsolicited response is pointless and it makes no sense. I am above trading insults with a faceless, brainless drone on a public opinion site.
  • JL 2012/07/11 15:00:26
    JL
    +2
    I KNOW MANY FRIENDS THAT WOULD LISTEN...THEY ARE FED UP WITH B. HUSSEIN OBAMA...TAKING THE COUNTRY DOWN DOES NOT BENEFIT ANYONE IN THIS COUNTRY...NOTHING TO DO WITH RACE!
    THERE ARE MANY CONSERVATIVE BLACKS THAT HAVE BEGUN TO SPEAK..THEY HAVE OUR SUPPORT, WE HAVE THEIR BACKS...AND THE LEFT, PROG, LIBERALS WILL CALL THEM "UNCLE TOMS"...AND, WHO ARE THE RACISTS???
  • freethi... JL 2012/07/12 03:31:21
    freethinker
    +1
    Bravo!
  • JL freethi... 2012/07/12 11:39:48
    JL
    HUMBLE THANKS!
  • Peacock 2012/07/11 14:56:38
    Peacock
    +1
    The NAACP is a rough call, but all Blacks do not favor President Obama! Romney has a good shot a reaching them. Personally, I know Black Baptists, formerly Pro-Obama, who will NOT vote for him, at this time, because of his stance on Gay Marriages. I think it was one of the FEW things he did, that was of benefit to our rights, but I'm not very Religious. It is an area of conversation I avoid...Blacks are quite into the Bible..nothing negative, but no different from the White Southern Baptists.
  • Starman Peacock 2012/07/11 20:44:46
    Starman
    President Obama has a 90% approval rating with black voters. http://www.washingtonpost.com...

Blacks who do not support the President are at best outliers.

2014/12/20 23:49:08