Romney is going to make pitch to black voters at NAACP’s annual meeting. How do you think that will go?

bob 2012/07/11 14:20:16
Recent polling reveals Romney has virtually no hope of making major inroads with the black community before this November
Not well!
Swimmingly!!
Mitt Romney is committed to competing in the black community despite the odd
I don’t believe the black community will buy what Romney is selling
Romney’s plan to produce more jobs for African-Americans is to put them to work those farmer’s fields and other jobs vacated by those illegal aliens.
After Romney privitizes schools, The black childern will become janitors to pay for their schooling.
Romney will explain his voter supression policies to the NAACP

• Ozzyboy 2012/07/11 16:56:28
    Not well!
    Ozzyboy
    +7
    Blacks vote black no matter how bad their guy is. Marion Barry, Charlie Rangel, Maxine Waters, Jefferson, to name a few. Morals, values, jobs don't appear to be of concern to a lot of blacks.
    There is hope though, when the black churches are saying they have had enough of the
    regime of 0 and his policies.

• PapaHemp 2012/07/14 21:33:25
    PapaHemp
    +1
    He might get lynched, if he's not careful!
  • Saye Saye 2012/07/12 22:51:00
    Saye Saye
    +1
    The black community has already made their vote. It is a racial thing. Black support black
  • Red 2012/07/12 19:22:37
  • Mark Twain 2012/07/12 17:23:03
    Mark Twain
    +1
    Romney showed the NAACP respect by accepting the invitation. Master Obama sent his guard dog Holder down to show them who Boss Man was. Reporters needed to show two forms of photo ID to get in even though Holder said you dont need any to vote. Amazing the progress we have made in racial harmony we have made in the last 50 years!
  • ehrhornp 2012/07/12 15:36:19
    Not well!
    ehrhornp
    +1
    He had a chance and the first part of his speech was politely received. He had an opportunity to open a discussion with the Blacks but it was obvious his speech was for the white people watching. (the Bigots)
  • mind-pilot 2012/07/12 15:30:29
    Recent polling reveals Romney has virtually no hope of making major inroads w...
    mind-pilot
    +1
    I saw it. His condescending arrogance wreaked because, as a cult member, he can't stand black people. Because they are "the offspring of Cain and not allowed into the Glory of Heaven"( in his cult they, somehow believe Cain is the son of satan????). He thinks the blacks are stupid. They are not! They did see right through the man. There is definetly more holy inspiration in what they are "feeling" about this sneaky scoundrel. Why did the superpacks even think of giving us this manequin? God bless the blacks for their faith in God and not Romney. God does not want him to be president of the United States. Vote Ron Paul
  • John Galt jr or Ron/jon 2012/07/12 13:51:03
    John Galt jr or Ron/jon
    +2
    Have to admit he does have some balls just for showing up...

LOL
  • gaylehelen 2012/07/12 13:44:55
    Not well!
    gaylehelen
    +1
    Sorry, I had to jump in late and saw how bad it went.
  • A.Oscar 2012/07/12 10:06:56
    A.Oscar
    My opinion both of them are a greed creatures, not just for money or wealth, also for power. Either one not by themselves; others already with good wealth and power, doing the power and whatever win will do the show. The only problem would be for another world war; and we never know if the chance to write the way come up too or went is their wishes.
  • cddjmikey 2012/07/12 03:55:40
    cddjmikey
    +2
    You really are scraping the bottom of the barrel now ! How scared are you ! I will say this much, AT LEAST HE SHOWED UP ! Obama sent Biden to speak to a primarily black audience ! He is taking them for granted and hopefully they will notice and vote accordingly !!
  • leslie 2012/07/12 03:47:39
    leslie
  • Stan Kapusta 2012/07/12 03:04:33
    Not well!
    Stan Kapusta
    +2
    Kinda like theToyota man at a UAW picnic. Like Hellary at a NRA meeting. Like Obama in a confessional booth. Like a Nun at Mardi Gras. Congress in an ethics class.
  • akhippie Stan Ka... 2012/07/12 10:06:52
    akhippie
    Funny stuff.
  • freethinker 2012/07/12 02:59:09
    freethinker
    +2
    Even tho' the NAACP is nothing but another Racist/Class Warfare organization..
  • Stan Ka... freethi... 2012/07/12 15:02:39
    Stan Kapusta
    +1
    true so true.
  • RS 2012/07/12 02:52:58
    RS
    +2
    Every vote counts and he is looking to be everyones president...I belive that was something Obama said. I hate when people take for granted that a GOP candidate has no chance in the African American community. It seems racist. How would it sound if I write does Obama have a cance with white voters. Good for Romney for meeting with them.
  • sunniday RS 2012/07/12 04:41:57
    sunniday
    Finally,a person with sense its all about votes& Romney is learning that, truthfully Obama is the one who appears racist,even as far back as his campagning,with his down home folkse ways.Take Jesse Jackson [who some of you may not like] he pulled his race up proved he was as good as any. He had a dream & he made it come true for many.
  • Rod 2012/07/12 01:11:18
    Rod
    +2
    Overall it will probably not go well. The racists in the audience will all be voting for Obama just because he is black or because they are concerned about their welfare checks.
  • SW 2012/07/12 00:48:30
    SW
    He should advise them to start their own business... "just borrow from your parents..." maybe sell them a drugged up dressage horse.
  • SW SW 2012/07/12 02:18:37
    SW
    http://www.politicususa.com/m...

Hahah he tried to rig it by flying in his own black people! hahah omg there's your guy Romney voters... a regular Honest Abe....
    Swimmingly!!
    +3
    Mitt Romney told them the truth, go to work, I'm not going to give you freebies. Of course they hated the truth. Crack dealing is more profitable that work.
  • SW Mike 2012/07/12 00:50:06
    SW
    ...cause black people dont work their just lazy leeches who want freebies... not like Romney who worked hard for his massive inheritance.
  • freethi... SW 2012/07/12 03:03:40
    freethinker
    More Tripe Of Course!! IF you knew what the hell you were talking about you would know he GAVE his inheritance away!! Been then Sheep such as yourself, just spend More time spening your Food Stamps!!! lol.
  • EricVanSingleton 2012/07/11 23:28:06
    EricVanSingleton
    I think it speaks volumns that we are are trying to win or lead "...one nation under God..." by appealing to its facets. I still remember that Richard Pryor film that offered "none of the above" as a choice. Comedy or prophecy?
    Brewster s Millions
  • gvc 2012/07/11 22:46:11
    gvc
    +2
    How did you expect an organization based on racism to respond to a candidate that wasn't black? You can't honestly be serious with this question.
  • Mike gvc 2012/07/12 00:09:13
    +1
    The black KKK. They'd rather hang him that listen to him.
  • SW gvc 2012/07/12 00:52:28
    SW
    Thats ridiculous. Black people voted overwhelmingly for Clinton when jessie jackson was in the primaries. Nice try playng the race card though.
  • gvc SW 2012/07/12 06:01:18
    gvc
    +1
    Big freaking deal, they thought Clinton was going to give them something free...which he did...loans on new homes they couldn't afford. Resulting in the beginning of the end of our economy.
    The NAACP should be shut down, it's a hate group complied of some of the most racist people on earth. It's the KKK for black folks, and has outlived it's purpose.
    I will credit the majority of the black population with this though, they knew even Clinton was a better man then Jesse Jackson, of course, that wouldn't require much effort on Clinton's part, as Jackson is totally corrupt. Oh wait, so was Clinton!
  • SW gvc 2012/07/13 20:13:52
    SW
    Clinton didn't give anybody loans. Bankers who got filthy rich on credit default swaps and derivitve products did. Getting into a loan you can't afford isn't "free." Everything you said is ridiculous. And Clinton was a saint compared to the next guy. 8 years of record job and GDP growth... stopping 15 terrorist attacks, and leaving a budget surplus! Oh what terrible "corruption!" Oh hey remember that housing crisis when Clinton was president? Me neither. Remember that stock market crash and bank bailout when Clinton was president? Yeah I don't remember that either...

And later consumers didn't get loans they couldn't afford... they could afford them.. until Bush gave their company a tax break to move their job to China.
  • gvc SW 2012/07/15 01:55:10
    gvc
    The Democrats forced banks to give subprime loans to people who could not afford houses. It's fact buddy, no way you can deny or hide from it. It takes time for sorry ass policies to crash a market you moron.
    Clinton stole money from Social Security to balance his so called budget, money btw that has to be paid back. He balanced NOTHING. And damn sure didn't leave a surplus.
    I really don't expect common sense from Liberals, it just does not happen. You are no exception.
  • CHUCK - Liberal in Seattle 2012/07/11 22:38:35
    Not well!
    CHUCK - Liberal in Seattle
    Booooooooo!
  • freethi... CHUCK -... 2012/07/12 03:05:42
    freethinker
    Yep! That's what I Did to Hussein when his lieing ass showed up here in MinneDopa!! lol..
  • CHUCK -... freethi... 2012/07/12 20:50:48
    CHUCK - Liberal in Seattle
    Expected!
  • T A 2012/07/11 22:30:02 (edited)
    T A
    +2
    Doesn't matter. That's not a room of potential votes.

Why'd you use a picture of Tmot? He's a Libertarian.
  • CHUCK -... T A 2012/07/11 22:39:14
    CHUCK - Liberal in Seattle
    +1
    I guess we all look alike!
  • T A CHUCK -... 2012/07/11 22:41:39
    T A
    +1
    I dunno. I don't' recall ever seeing him smile. ;0)
  • SoCalEx-Dem 2012/07/11 21:19:54
    SoCalEx-Dem
    +2
    I have no idea about the NAACP or which black folks participate, I have many black friends and family that don't support Obama that might listen to Romney if he is speaking facts to them. He was invited by the NAACP as was Obama, seems Obama doesn't need to speak with them and is instead sending Biden. Now that should be interesting!
  • SW SoCalEx... 2012/07/12 00:54:48
    SW
    If Romney ever spoke any facts. The way he panders hell probably come out with gold chains a backward baseball cap and try to rap his speech. Whatever he says, you can be sure hell say the opposite next week.
  • freethi... SW 2012/07/12 03:06:53
    freethinker
    +1
    You Of Course mistake him for Your Panderer Hussein!! lol.
  • SW freethi... 2012/07/12 18:40:08
    SW
    Hardly. Did you see Romney when he went to Georgia and talked about eating "grits" and being all down-homey? It was like watching a 50 year old try to talk to teenagers using the "cool lingo." and failing miserably. I shudder at the thought of Romney trying to talk to foreign leaders. Absolutely sickening. Can you give me any examples of Obama "pandering?" I kinda doubt it. But then Obama-haters don't need facts or examples or anything.

2014/10/25 19:54:21