Romney is a Bishop in the Mormon Church ~ does that matter?

matthew.kennedy.31586 2012/08/20 03:25:59
You think you know Mitt Romney?

Here's a documentary that shows why YOU should be very concerned!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9djYmyumHKs

• Tombo 2012/08/20 04:40:13
    Tombo
    It might to some goofy liberal but not to any sound thinking person.
    goofy liberal sound thinking person
  • FAWKES' NOOSE ~ ΔTX 2012/08/20 04:25:53 (edited)
    FAWKES' NOOSE ~ ΔTX
    YES

Romney held several specific positions in the local lay clergy, which generally consists of males over the age of 12. Around 1977, he became a counselor to the president of the Boston Stake. He served as bishop of the ward (ecclesiastical and administrative head of his congregation) at Belmont, Massachusetts, from 1981 to 1986. As such, in addition to home teaching, he also formulated Sunday services and classes using LDS scriptures to guide the congregation.

Personally, I could give a crap what a President's religion is. But when a candidate for the Presidency not only belongs to a religion, but has taught "scripture" to the congregation as a Bishop of the Ward, which has doctrine such as THIS.. YOU BET his religion matters. This is not someone I want in charge of the country. Teaching this from a pulpit under the guise of a religion is no different than screaming it from under a hood in front of a burning cross.

"And [God] had caused the cursing to come upon them, yea, even a sore cursing, because of their iniquity. For behold, they had hardened their hearts against him, that they had become like unto a flint; wherefore, as they were white, and exceedingly fair and delightsome, that they might not be enticing unto my people, the Lord God did cause a skin of blackness to come upon them. And thus saith the Lord God; I will cause that they shall be loathsome unto thy people, save they shall repent of their iniquities." (Book of Mormon: 2 Nephi 5:21)
  • Sgt Major B 2012/08/20 03:57:16
    Sgt Major B
    Doesn't matter at all.
  • ThickAzABrick 2012/08/20 03:40:35
    ThickAzABrick
    Does it matter? What, that he's a responsible man within his church? That he's trusted? I'm not a Mormon, but I'm glad we have a squeaky clean guy running for office.
  • matthew... ThickAz... 2012/08/20 04:14:14
    matthew.kennedy.31586
    DO you know the difference between 'squeaky clean' and 'evil'?

'Cuz that man is evil.
  • ThickAz... matthew... 2012/08/20 04:27:58
    ThickAzABrick
    Right!

Hitler, Satan, Pol Pot and Mitt Romney. You are so devoid of anything other than "talking points" that you can't even start an intellectual conversation. Have a nice day and go listen to some more Ed Schultz.
  • matthew... ThickAz... 2012/08/20 06:15:43
    matthew.kennedy.31586
    I'd put him into that group - no problem.

Watch the video.
  • ThickAz... matthew... 2012/08/20 12:58:27
    ThickAzABrick
    I watched the video, you owe me for wasting an hour of my life.

Again, Rachel Maddow, Ed Schultz and Al Franken are probably more your style. Enjoy your bigotry.
  • matthew... ThickAz... 2012/08/20 20:51:05
    matthew.kennedy.31586
    Actually I like Mike Malloy -

At least he cares what happens to others.
  • GoodEncounter 2012/08/20 03:34:18
    GoodEncounter
    No. Why should it matter?
  • matthew... GoodEnc... 2012/08/20 03:35:57
    matthew.kennedy.31586
    It matter a lot - just watch the video - at the end, you'll be running from this candidate!

2014/09/02 17:02:07