Romney: "I'm going to take advantage of our energy resources: Oil, coal, gas, nuclear, renewables, wind, solar. North America will be energy independent by the last year of my second term."

jt 2012/08/23 20:49:32

• Dwight PWCM 2012/08/23 20:56:45
    Yay
    Dwight PWCM
    +6
    That will take a bit of effort, but it is doable. Mite need to sterilize the Greenies first to make it easier.

• ★Calliope★ 2012/08/31 23:48:03
    Yay
    ★Calliope★
    It's not that difficult.

We are sitting on huge - HUGE amounts of oil and natural gas and coal. All resources can and should be used to insure our independence.

No more funding those jerks that operate against us.
  • wildemanne 2012/08/25 19:59:03
    Nay
    wildemanne
    he would trade us for money like he did everything else and outsource energy
  • frank 2012/08/24 17:49:14
    Yay
    frank
    +1
    Romney has the plan that will help put an end our energy problems, unlike Obama who's only plan was to shutdown America’s energy systems and waste trillions on his friends green energy
  • MR. 2012/08/24 08:01:15
    Yay
    MR.
    +1
    Finally, we get to "Drill Baby Drill". *(Investing in Our Nations new energy resources of tomorrow wisely, not picking "winners and losers".) This is America's greatness, just unleash the horses and "let em' run!" *(ROMNEY/RYAN 2012') -"God Speed!"-
  • Borat Obama 2012/08/24 07:50:06
    Yay
    Borat Obama
    +1
    Better said, better plan. King Odumba's energy plan costed the US almost a trillion dollars in losses.
  • Stan Kapusta 2012/08/24 07:13:53
    Stan Kapusta
    +1
    He must have found another politicians soapbox laying around for that one.
  • nbarton2 2012/08/24 05:01:01
    Yay
    nbarton2
    +3
    About time we have a leader who will do something with our resources we have the technology to get these things to be pretty clean
  • mich52 2012/08/24 02:38:58 (edited)
  • jt mich52 2012/08/24 06:11:12
    jt
    +1
    Keep all the regulations U want and borrow money from neighbours right?
  • Al C. mich52 2012/08/24 10:23:28
    Al C.
    +2
    We need to compete to win dumb-dumb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• mich52 Al C. 2012/08/24 13:13:06
  • Al C. mich52 2012/08/24 13:56:07
    Al C.
    +1
    If we announce that we're pursuing an aggressive policy of drilling for oil and natural gas in this country believe you me the the Middle east will lower its prices in a heartbeat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • mich52 Al C. 2012/08/24 14:00:58
  • Al C. mich52 2012/08/24 14:06:28 (edited)
    Al C.
    +1
    That's the first time we've ever agreed on anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Balladeer-PWCM-POTL 2012/08/24 02:23:11
    Yay
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    +1
    The tree huggers and Enviro Nazis will kill him before that happens
  • Torchmanner ~PWCM~JLA 2012/08/24 02:21:22
    Yay
    Torchmanner ~PWCM~JLA
    +4
    Democrats put us into this mess. Democrats are keeping us in this mess.
  • mich52 Torchma... 2012/08/24 02:42:55
  • Al C. mich52 2012/08/24 12:27:06
    Al C.
    +1
    Bill Clinton stated in an interview right after the collapse, quote: "I tried to get Congress to tighten up on lending regulations during my administration and got one hundred percent support from the Republicans but zero support from my own party."
    So what do you think of that?????????????
  • mich52 Al C. 2012/08/24 13:14:45
  • Al C. Torchma... 2012/08/24 12:12:15
    Al C.
    +1
    Barney sucks and he pitches too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • candida.carter 2012/08/24 00:32:17
    Nay
    candida.carter
    +3
    Where we get our energy is not the problem. It’s that we use altogether too much. The 27 Nations of the European Union with a population of approx. 503,000,000 uses around half the energy per capita in comparison to the United States with a population of approx. 314,000,000 and in most cases the European Union nations would achieve a similar or better quality of life. Let’s also not be completely idiotic and forget that simply upping supply by any means possible will also have a huge impact on an already unstable environment. Lastly just throwing nuclear in that statement shows how little he knows about the process. Nuclear reactors can take anywhere from 3 to 10 years just to not including any of the time it takes to get them on the grid and running and continuing to use outmoded ones or doing retrofits greatly increase the potential for disaster. Nuclear is a fine option but it cannot be rushed.
  • Joel B... candida... 2012/08/24 03:57:33
    Joel	 Buccellato
    +2
    Keep in mind everything is closer in Europe, so they do more walking than over here. And it's a cultural thing for them too
  • nbarton2 candida... 2012/08/24 04:56:56
    nbarton2
    +4
    They also have rail lines that go all over Europe I could go from Germany to Italy on a train down the street in a day here I have to drive 3 hours to get on a train and well I don't even know how many trains run in this country. While I pay 4.00 for gas out in the country where there is no public transportation it is almost .20 cents cheaper in the city because of the population and location while they have 2 or 3 modes of public transportation. Europe also doesn't have an issue with Nuclear energy as Americans, not to mention coal energy to supply our industry, we are the largest producer of coal and yet can't seem to make it run clean? As for Nuclear we don't even make the steel necessary in this country anymore the last I read Japan was the only country making steel for reactors so that could be a boon for the steel industry if we could start something in this country. Yet we as a society can't keep our head in the sand and say "no don't do this there is a different way look at Europe" There are also 613 Million of us in America and the last time I was in Europe the electric grid in the Eastern Bloc wasn't the greatest
  • candida... nbarton2 2012/08/24 15:25:58
    candida.carter
    +1
    613 Million of us in America? I would also like to point out that my comparison was with the member states of the European Union and not with the whole of Europe, there is a difference between the two.
  • nbarton2 candida... 2012/08/24 19:06:44
    nbarton2
    +1
    I've been to many place in Europe you can walk to almost anywhere or catch the rail to anywhere for cheap, so comparing its oil consumption to Americas is Apples to Oranges in my opinion. We were building and populating this country while Europe was already built and populated with road connecting towns, villages and cities. Europeans added rails while we were still taming the west. Hell they were inventing cars while we were laying down railroad from East to West and displacing the native population.

My point wasn't even population (even though I somehow put the most wrong number ever 6 and 3 aren't even close on the keyboard I would like to take this opportunity blame the beer) but in density of the population to area. The European Union has higher population density about 3X more people per square km than the US plus rails all over You expect us to stop consuming energy in less populated areas as easily as it would be in a more densely populated area where public transportation could be readily used? The Midwest and other areas can't easily say we will consume less oil because it isn't good for the environment when the closest store is 10 miles away, as is the case for me in upstate NY and other rural areas
  • candida... nbarton2 2012/08/24 20:20:01
    candida.carter
    +1
    I am not saying that we don't need cars in some areas of this country but we could conserve by driving less or driving smaller cars. I was in Sweden last summer and though the majority of people live near the three major cities which all have elaborate transportation systems you still need to take a car or train to get to a lot of rural areas as well but people aren't driving hummers and huge suvs either. The cars there are so much higher efficiency then ours and the higher taxes on gas make people think more about driving to the corner store. I live in a small town in western Washington and my family's energy usage is somewhere at or below that of the average swede so I know it can be done. We don't drive a car unless we have to go to Seattle which is only maybe once every few months, the rest of the time we walk or bike, with our three children as well. We buy local food, we minimally eat meat and animal products, with the exceptions being free range locally raised. We shop local for our necessities and used whenever possible. We pay a little more for better quality, and go with wood, metal or glass instead of plastic when possible, rather than replace things over and over. Lastly we keep our waste lower by not buying as much stuff with over packaging. I also want to say te...
    I am not saying that we don't need cars in some areas of this country but we could conserve by driving less or driving smaller cars. I was in Sweden last summer and though the majority of people live near the three major cities which all have elaborate transportation systems you still need to take a car or train to get to a lot of rural areas as well but people aren't driving hummers and huge suvs either. The cars there are so much higher efficiency then ours and the higher taxes on gas make people think more about driving to the corner store. I live in a small town in western Washington and my family's energy usage is somewhere at or below that of the average swede so I know it can be done. We don't drive a car unless we have to go to Seattle which is only maybe once every few months, the rest of the time we walk or bike, with our three children as well. We buy local food, we minimally eat meat and animal products, with the exceptions being free range locally raised. We shop local for our necessities and used whenever possible. We pay a little more for better quality, and go with wood, metal or glass instead of plastic when possible, rather than replace things over and over. Lastly we keep our waste lower by not buying as much stuff with over packaging. I also want to say ten miles is not two far to bike back and forth. You are right there can be several things that hinder cutting back but it doesn't mean people can't I live in a rural area and do but I also don't need to go to a mall everyday and walking four miles is not to much for me or my healthy 17, 8 or even 6 years old. I was merely trying to say that any plan for energy independence needs to include reduction not just be about lets up our production by any means possible..
  • lee 2012/08/24 00:22:52 (edited)
    lee
    +2
    nice goal... no specifics

pretty much sums up his campaign.

he had better not plan on offering any loan guarantees... conservatives HATE those.
  • A Founding Father 2012/08/24 00:09:03
    A Founding Father
    +1
    Didn't that come from an Obama speech of a few month's ago? Of course Mitten doesn't mean it, as he is a puppet of the existing Wall Street crowd that depend on carbon resources, oil, gas, and coal.
    Yay
    +3
    It's what we should have been doing all along.
  • Big brother 2012/08/23 23:42:07
    Nay
    Big brother
    +2
    He is a suit and he is in league with big business aka Oil . He will never do what he claims he will . He wants to be president and will do and say anything to reach that end. Please mittens, lol......
  • jt Big bro... 2012/08/24 00:07:38
    jt
    +3
    This is what we got from Obama. How long you can live in a fantasy land?
  • Ballade... jt 2012/08/24 02:24:49
    Balladeer-PWCM-POTL
    +3
    JAKADs can live for decades in fantasy...that is why they are JAKADs,,,that is how obama got elected in the first place
  • Borat O... Big bro... 2012/08/24 07:56:47
    Borat Obama
    +2
    We had tried Obama's and he failed. He sucks. It is better to give somebody else a crack at it. Giving Obama a second term failure wil be a catastrophe for America.
  • Nate Hubert 2012/08/23 23:07:03
    Nay
    Nate Hubert
    +2
    "Nay" as in, I don't think Romney is the man that can make it happen.
  • Borat O... Nate Hu... 2012/08/24 08:00:44
    Borat Obama
    +1
    We had seen Obama tried it. We saw the results. How many of the govt. funded energy companies that filed for bankcruptcy? Was it 16 out of 19 companies that went bankcrupt? You are a DemonRat and you will say he did a good job in making tax payers pay for it.
  • Nate Hu... Borat O... 2012/08/24 22:39:21 (edited)
    Nate Hubert
    +1
    I'm a "DemonRat?"

For starters, what's with the derogatory term? I'm an American, first and foremost, but I'm also a realist and I just don't think Romney will do a thing to make America "energy independent" within 8 years. In fact I'm pretty sure that that would be impossible for anyone.

Also, I'm a conservative. Thanks.
  • Borat O... Nate Hu... 2012/08/30 04:34:26
    Borat Obama
    I am a Conservative like yourself. My point is that Obama had shown he can't be a good president. I would vote for anybody at this point. Obama is understanding the US Constitution in a different way. He is making people angry and divided.
  • Al C. Nate Hu... 2012/08/24 10:25:46
    Al C.
    +1
    Romney has a tremendous record of success at everything he's run whereas the only thing Obama's ever run is his mouth and he's still running it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • TimothyBrianFoley 2012/08/23 23:03:19
    Nay
    TimothyBrianFoley
    +1
    borrow money from your parents to pay for college he should get real
  • Borat O... Timothy... 2012/08/24 08:01:45
    Borat Obama
    +2
    Better your parents than me to have to pay for it. That is for real.

2014/09/02 14:23:27