Romney digs in against releasing more tax returns

Sinpac 2012/07/17 19:50:02
Monopoly man
RWIN, Penn. (Reuters) - Republican Mitt Romney shrugged off growing pressure on Tuesday to release more of his tax returns, and his campaign lashed out at President Barack Obama in an effort to turn the campaign debate away from Romney's business and financial record.

Romney said he
would not give in to mounting attacks over his refusal to release his
tax returns prior to 2010, including calls from some Republican allies
to disclose the records and end the controversy.

"In the political environment that exists today, the opposition research of the Obama campaign
is looking for anything they can use to distract from the failure of
the president to reignite our economy," Romney said in an interview with
the conservative National Review Online.

"I'm simply not
enthusiastic about giving them hundreds or thousands of more pages to
pick through, distort and lie about," he said.

The Obama campaign
put up a new television ad in swing state Pennsylvania raising questions
about why former executive Romney will not release the tax returns. The
release of candidates' tax returns is voluntary but traditional.

Monopoly man broke

• Rebel Yell 2012/07/17 20:32:45
    Rebel Yell
    +8
    Come on, Willard. We know you're getting desperate. America wants to see those returns, and while you're at it, how about those college transcripts and a genuine birth certificate. It better have the right stamp, too ! No fake looking parchment paper. Time to prove you weren't born in Mexico.

Step to it, Mitt. Hubba Hubba. Your excuses are wearing thin.

• Lee 2012/08/08 02:12:08
    Lee
    I can't understand why Right Wing Peons never get tired of licking the boots of the Plutocrats who walk all over them.

Obama has divulged all his tax records. But Romney refuses to do so.

Not only that, but the main premise of Romney's campaign is that he is some sort of financial Wziard . . .And yet he won't allow us to see anything about his own finances, not even his personal tax records. That calls into question his claim of dominance in financial manners. And STILL he refuses to divulge his tax records.

Obviously Romney is hiding something that would absolutely sink his candidacy if it became known to voters.

And here come the RWNJ Peons out of the wood work . . . . making excuses for him . . .

. . . And trying to deflect attention from the FACT that Romney is not at all honest and forthright enough to divulge his tax records as other Presidential candidates have done for years.

Anybody would have to be a FOOL to vote for Mitt Romney.

And that is EXACTLY why RWNJ's will vote for him.
  • ComeOnNow 2012/08/08 00:14:07
    ComeOnNow
    This is nothing but the democrats trying to distract from their failed ideology. You can bet that Obama would have sicked the IRS on him if he hadn't. Besides, Romney is a republican. It is the tax everyone else democrats that do not pay their taxes. Remember when Obama could not even find democrats that actually paid their taxes to fill his cabinet positions? Remember Charlie Rangle?
  • Avenged7 2012/07/21 21:03:22
    Avenged7
    Well Ann Romney claims the Obama campaign wants Miitens to release his returns so they can find things to attack Mr. etch a sketch. Robnme claims they are looking for anything to use against him. All these excuses just puts more gas on the fire, for him to release his forms. It seems like he does have a lot to hide from the public!!!
  • CAROLYN NTARWNJBS 2012/07/18 01:34:05
    CAROLYN NTARWNJBS
    +3
    Waiting....waiting...waiting. Never going to happen. Romney probably will announce his running mate soon in a desperate attempt to kill the story. I hope it never dies.lol
  • Seriously Folks 2012/07/17 23:21:45
    Seriously Folks
    +4
    Mr. Romney you don't have to release anymore TAX RECORDS for me to prove who you really are. When I saw your very first Speech in running for President, that was all I needed to see your total FAKE AND PHONINESS and RUNNING AWAY FROM being Governor of Massachusetts.

You went to the NAACP Conference and Insulted African Americans, a Group of highly professional Intelligent voters who know the issues. You could not get back to your White Crowds fast enough to tell them that all the African Americans Want are FREEBIES.

These 2 Words are your go to WEAPONS to Describe Minorities to your Red Meat Crowds, FREEBIES AND ENTITLEMENTS for anyone asking for Fairness in the System.

Now for everyone else, I guess they need a little more PROOF that you would be a total DISASTER for this Country as President.

Grover Nordquist, already said all they need is someone to sign. I though we had that with George Bush. Bush had to tell us he was the "Decider", because everyone knew that Chaney was really running the Country. Mr. Romney the Republicans want another George Bush, someone to sign and put out Front.

For You , Mr. Romney, it is Ego Driven to go further than your father and win one for the Mormon Church, while most Evangelicals dislike and don't trust you. They are will...

For You , Mr. Romney, it is Ego Driven to go further than your father and win one for the Mormon Church, while most Evangelicals dislike and don't trust you. They are willing to go into a Voting Booth and hold their noses and punch for you, because they HATE THAT "Kenyan Muslim African American that was Not Born, Other Worldly Fella Socialist" we have in the White House now. Even Though the President is still trying to CLEAN UP THE MESS Bush and Republicans put the Country into, and are STILL BLOCKING ANYTHING to help Ordinary Americans.

It does not matter that you, Mr. Romney, Hide Money overseas from Taxes from the Country you Claim to Love and those like you. ALL the RIGHT KNOWS, is that they HATE Obama More.

You want an APOLOGY Mr. Romney, it is you and your SURROGATES like Former Cabinet Official, Governor, John Sununu that need to STOP TRYING TO TELL your Right Wing Crowd Constantly IN AS many DOG WHISTLES as you can come up with, that this President is somehow not of this World and IS NOT An American.

So Can you Mr. Romney and Mr. Sununu explain to me what CONSTITUTES AN AMERICAN. Will your Description include ANY MINORITIES?
  • Sinpac Serious... 2012/07/18 00:39:38
    Sinpac
    +3
    Hell we knew what he was many years ago!
  • Serious... Sinpac 2012/07/18 01:51:11 (edited)
    Seriously Folks
    +2
    Sinpac, I cannot say it enough about the Bigoted Rhetoric these people are using to win this election. What they are doing is inciting those nut cases out to think someone is taking something from them other Than Republican Policies. The Crowds they are trying to appeal to are in the same boat as the rest of us. When you want to talk about DIVIDING THE COUNTRY, it is Romney and the Republican Party.

When I hear the Terms, FREEBIES AND ENTILEMENTS, I want to throw up. They act if no one else works or have ever worked in this Country except the Rich. We pay the Taxes when Companies like Bain sweep in and Sell off these Cos. for major profits, and the Government finishes paying for the Retirements at a much lower rate to those lucky enough before their jobs are shipped overseas to have a retirement on Something they have paid into all of their work lives.

I am saying this much to you because your questions seem to ask people to think about who they want to turn the reins of the Country over too on BullS$$$T Lies and maybe become informed voters.
  • Sinpac Serious... 2012/07/18 02:48:44
    Sinpac
    +2
    I know, it seems to get worse with each passing election of course they have been bashing since President Obama took Office. These Jack@sses had 4 years to bring someone to the plate and they failed again.
  • Lee Serious... 2012/08/08 10:05:54
    Lee
    +1
    We the People deserve much better than a sneaky bastard like Mitt Bundy . . . a man intent on covering his tracks.
  • Cat 1017 2012/07/17 23:00:27
    Cat 1017
    +1
    I wonder why?...HMMmmm...what is it that he is fearful may expose himself....hmmmm
  • Pet Rock Whisperer 2012/07/17 21:09:41
    Pet Rock Whisperer
    +3
    Of course he's digging in. As a 1% er, he has a lot to hide. By releasing his tax record it will show the obvious. He's not concerned with working America, only his corporate cronies! I'm certainly no fan of Obama, but anyone that thinks flip flop Mitt is the answer is a damn fool!
  • Idiot repubs 2012/07/17 20:43:48
  • Rebel Yell 2012/07/17 20:32:45
    Rebel Yell
    +8

• 3052457 Rebel Yell 2012/07/17 20:37:08
  • Samantha 2012/07/17 20:06:58
    Samantha
    +6
    He doesn't want the American people to know his tax rate is lower than the tax rate of working class Americans.
  • Cat 1017 Samantha 2012/07/17 23:06:09
    Cat 1017
    +1
    I think you are right...and if they go back far enough that he was getting paid frrm Bain when he was working on the Olympics,,,,
  • Mark In... Cat 1017 2012/07/18 03:01:13
    Mark In Irvine
    WOW!! Death by truth!! I bet that's it!!
  • Mark In... Samantha 2012/07/18 03:01:26
    Mark In Irvine
    i bet that this is it!
  • BigFig#9 2012/07/17 20:05:19
    BigFig#9
    +6
    Good God - this issue is causing me high levels of embarrassment and consternation. I now have to admit that the collection of fools masquerading as Republican Presidential Hopefuls - People such as Santorum, Gingrich, Bachman, Perry, Cain et. al. were CORRECT about one thing - BAIN is a killer for Mitt.
  • Mark In... BigFig#9 2012/07/18 03:00:07
    Mark In Irvine
    it is ... are you ready for this ... the BAIN of Romney's campaign! ha ha ha!!!

(get it - bain ~~~ bane ... bwahaha)
  • Mark In... BigFig#9 2012/07/18 03:00:55 (edited)
    Mark In Irvine
    he's just bringing more attention to tax return-gate by not releasing them!
  • BigFig#9 Mark In... 2012/07/18 03:03:57
    BigFig#9
    +1
    So he can finally confirm at the end that HE WILL IN FACT always cave finally? I think he's just engineered himself into a no win situation unless the taxes disclosed he donated 100% of his income to charity and was simply not wanting to participate in self aggrandizement....
  • Mark In... BigFig#9 2012/07/18 03:06:29
    Mark In Irvine
    now THAT would be a refreshing change of pace from the usual greedy megalomania ...
  • BigFig#9 Mark In... 2012/07/18 03:23:40
    BigFig#9
    +1
    I'll qualify it as 'unlikely'...
  • Mark In... BigFig#9 2012/07/18 03:27:05
    Mark In Irvine
    i'd wager you'll win this bet ...
  • BigFig#9 Mark In... 2012/07/18 16:39:41
    BigFig#9
    +1
    One of those worthless prohibitive bets cause nobody will take the action on the other side.
  • Mark In... BigFig#9 2012/07/18 22:47:01
    Mark In Irvine
    true ...
  • morris44 2012/07/17 19:58:33
    morris44
    +7
    By law he doesn't have to.

But why not just do it?

Even George Will believes if he doesn't, he must be hiding something.
  • Sinpac morris44 2012/07/17 20:01:34
    Sinpac
    +6
    He is hiding something. I wish SEC would release the documents
  • BigFig#9 morris44 2012/07/17 20:02:51
    BigFig#9
    +3
    It's not just George Will on the right - it's a whole bunch of others as well... There's got to be some bad poop in there that makes his one release look 'good' - and it wasn't very appetizing!
  • PetrifiedElephantPoop 2012/07/17 19:55:07
    PetrifiedElephantPoop
    +5
    Where is his long form birth certifcate???
  • Sinpac Petrifi... 2012/07/17 20:01:02
    Sinpac
    +4
    Thats what I want to know!

2014/07/31 13:37:58