Romney didn't win, because voters just didn't trust him. Agree or disagree?

Mopvyzo 2012/12/04 15:30:44
Related Topics: Voters, Romney, Voter
12923_10151103499696275_1316139483

• C. C. Rider 2012/12/04 17:43:30
    C. C. Rider
    +13
    HE flip flopped so much I thought he was gonna fall off the stage. No one trusted him in the end. Even his wife had doubts about him.. mitt binders of women

• MeiLin 2012/12/29 16:25:10
    MeiLin
    Rom who?
  • Cuckold 2012/12/06 06:42:14
    Cuckold
    Hmm, it could be "Better the Devil you know" type of thing going on.
  • darthtbone Cuckold 2012/12/06 12:20:32
    darthtbone
    +1
    agreed.
  • RageFury 2012/12/06 03:14:55
    RageFury
    +3
    Amusing pic. Though I must say Rmoney was predicted to lose way back in the primary by folks like myself.
  • Mopvyzo RageFury 2012/12/06 10:31:22
    Mopvyzo
    +3
    I thought that way too.
  • sneekyfoot 2012/12/06 02:05:57
    sneekyfoot
    +1
    he became the minority
  • Edwin 2012/12/06 01:18:00
    Edwin
    I disagree. I think Romney lost because voters didn't like him. Most of his votes were anti-Obama votes, and you can't win by simply being against the incumbent unless the incumbent is REALLY awful. Obama was only sort-of awful.

In recent history, the only incumbents who lost did so because their challengers were very charismatic, likable people (Reagan, Clinton). Romney was not like those two presidents.
  • corey 2012/12/05 23:46:02
    corey
    +1
    True I agree.
  • StarWarsBob 2012/12/05 23:42:33
    StarWarsBob
    +1
    Trust was just one of the reasons why Romney lost. There are many others. On the trust issue, the Romney campaign continually lied on everything from President Obama removing the work requirement for welfare to Chrysler sending all their Jeep jobs to China. Other reasons include the fact that this country has never elected a former CEO of a corporation to the White House, and we have never elected an ordained minister either. Romney qualifies as both. This country has only elected three Presidents that were 65 or older, and the only one in the 20th century was Ronald Reagan, and Romney was as far from being like Reagan as a politician could get.
  • scbluesman13 2012/12/05 22:17:28
    scbluesman13
    +4
    Romney lost because he openly didn't give a sh*t about 98% of Americans, and no matter how hard his campaign staff tried, they just couldn't train him to hide that fact whenever he opened his mouth.
  • Lady Wh... scblues... 2012/12/06 10:39:31
    +2
    B I N G O !
  • Mark P. 2012/12/05 21:30:07
    Mark P.
    Obama's lies were more believable.
  • Dogman 2012/12/05 19:56:40
    Dogman
    +5
    He lost because he only cares about the richest 2% of Americans. How he ever got beyond 2% of the vote is mind boggling. But, there are many out there working to convince the middle class that the GOP is on their side.
  • Erickzl 2012/12/05 19:10:10
    Erickzl
    I think he lost because people distrusted Obama less.
  • leslie 2012/12/05 17:31:18
    leslie
    +4
    He Lied --- about taxes.
    He Cheated ---- in regards to taxes and WHO KNOWS what all else.
    He Hurt People ---Sending Jobs to China and India, costing people their incomes and retirements.
    He Dodged the Draft in the Name of Religion.
    He is shifty and untrustworthy.
    He had an Anti Women Agenda.
    He had an Anti Choice Agenda.
    He had an Anti Gay Rights Agenda
    He alienated 47% of the country.
    He had massively flawed campaign strategies.
    He engenders nothing but mistrust with that fake smile, and Winey "I CARE Attitude"
    I could go on!!!!!!!
  • Firedog 2012/12/05 17:18:12
    Firedog
    +4
    Disagree. Voters re-elected probably one of the least trustworthy presidents in our history (Obama). Romney didnt get elected because he wanted to put people back to work and thats a bad word to people who don`t want to work and want to recieve handouts and free stuff from the gov`t.
  • Carol 2012/12/05 17:14:59
    Carol
    +5
    Exactly. I don't think Romney can define the word Trust.
  • tdterry1999 2012/12/05 16:46:26 (edited)
    tdterry1999
    +2
    Mop .when are you going to start posting about all the great things Obama is doing.Are you waiting till he comes off from his vacation?
  • scblues... tdterry... 2012/12/05 22:19:01
    scbluesman13
    +2
    Why don't you just visit the whitehouse.gov site and see for yourself? Obama's administration posts quite a bit of updates on policy, legislation and planning there.
  • tdterry... scblues... 2012/12/06 10:34:11
    tdterry1999
    +1
    Why I can get the same lies here.
  • ALofRI 2012/12/05 16:03:24
    ALofRI
    +1
    "....because voters didn't trust HIM." I disagree. It's because the "majority of voters" didn't trust the entire, voter suppressing, Teapublican Party....OR him.
  • Thom Payne 2012/12/05 15:28:21
    Thom Payne
    +2
    Nope. I think he lost because Americans trusted him to do the wrong thing.
  • mblack 2012/12/05 14:02:47
    mblack
    +1
    Romney failed because of flawed campaign strategies. In some regards he acted like a campaign surrogate for Obama.
  • ALofRI mblack 2012/12/05 16:07:01
    ALofRI
    +1
    The "flawed campaign strategy" was running Rmoney in the first place...or Gingrich, or Perry, or Bachmann Or "999", or....
  • mblack ALofRI 2012/12/05 17:58:49
    mblack
    +1
    "Strategies" I agree they all sucked.
  • 81sp 2012/12/05 14:00:11
    81sp
    +2
    that is one of many reasons. he ran a terrible campaign was among others.
  • Risk 2012/12/05 13:39:16
    Risk
    +4
    No, I think his flip flops got more attention from the Liberal MSM the Obama's flip flops !

MSM loves obama cartoon
  • ALofRI Risk 2012/12/05 16:08:17
    ALofRI
    Plus, he SINGS, MUCH better than Rmoney.
  • Risk ALofRI 2012/12/05 17:04:29
    Risk
    yup .. that too. ; )
  • Bali 2012/12/05 13:20:50
    Bali
    +4
    Romney lost because voters have been dumbed down by the leftist media. any more stupid questions?
  • 81sp Bali 2012/12/05 14:02:46
    81sp
    +2
    that is a ridiculous comment at best and completely wrong. he ran a terrible campaign and made unforced error after un forced error. to actually think the media killed his message is
    pure fantasy.
  • Bali 81sp 2012/12/07 01:52:46
    Bali
    +1
    you are living proof of how accurate my comment is. Thanks
  • 81sp Bali 2012/12/07 15:01:02
    81sp
    if that is what you think you will be losing elections for a long time. you have completely missed the point. let my try to explain to people such as yourself that
    probably started paying attention this time around.
    failure to expand the map in the summer, failure to understand that it takes a minium
    of 60 days to get your message across. and he violated the prime rule in american politics, the PRIME RULE. DEFINE YOURSELF BEFORE YOUR OPPONENT DEFINES YOU. this is the prime rule, bush understood this in 2004 and romney completely forgot to pay attention to this rule.
    now yoy can blame the media all you want but in the end these are unforced errors
    that romney made himself, the campaign just simply made way to many errors.
    also ryan was a bad choice at vp, another unforced error. ever watch a tennis match
    the person that commits the fewest unforced error wins most od the time, same way in politics. the right has made a cottage industry out of beating up on the media
    and at times they are correct, the media is dumb at times, but not all the time.
    romney and his campaign team made more than fair share of unforced errors.
    also one should not forget about changing demographics in this country.
    this sounds new but it is not.
    people that i work with asked me many times who was going to win an...

this sounds new but it is not.
    people that i work with asked me many times who was going to win and i replied everytime that they need to look at the percentage of the white vote and that will tell you everything you need to know. i told people before the election that the white vote
    needed to be 74% or more for romney to win. however the white vote has dropped
    every four years since the 1980's. the white vote in this election cycle was 72%
    and will be less four years from now. on average this figure has dropped 2% every election cycle.
    now you can talk about the media until the cows come home but it will not change the facts on the ground.
  • Bali 81sp 2012/12/09 12:45:33
    Bali
    +1
    Facts on the ground are as follows: If obama ran on his record (dismal record) no one in their right mind would have voted for him. america is dumbed down beyond repair.
  • 81sp Bali 2012/12/09 23:08:47
    81sp
    no i think you are wrong. the republican argument was clever but wrong.
    the economy was improving, however the public wants things to happen as fast they can get a mcdonalds hamburger, that is not going to happen in a slowly improving economy. truth is we are coming out from a very deep hole and the idea that we were going to recover like a rocket ship is simply put not factual.
    the problem is and it is easier to sell the republican argument. so hence go after romney and bain capital. you said nothing regarding this in your retort.
    i am sure you had no problem wuth bush going after kerry in 2004.
    well turnabout is only fair play. you just simply do not like it when it happens to the guy you like. on that point i would agree with you.
    america is not dumbdowned as you say, simply put demographics are changing
    and to not understand this is political suicide.
    one could say that was america ever not dumbdowned. hence the contradiction.
    remember my friend there are two sides to every issue. and two or more ways
    looking at every issue.
  • RageFury Bali 2012/12/06 03:25:46
    RageFury
    I agree the MSM helped, however he needed his entire base of Rs, most of the Independents and some from across the Aisle.
    He ostracized part of his base, RNC Chicanery up to and including the scripted Tampa Convention. Not to mention he had already lost many of their votes from his Flipflopping and support of Obama policies.
    He didn't appeal enough to the Independents, Flipflopped worse than John Kerry did.
    He didn't appeal to any across the aisle, why vote for Obama Lite when they had the real deal?
  • Bali RageFury 2012/12/07 01:54:08
    Bali
    +1
    he was one turd that would have been less damaging than the kenyan cricket.
  • RageFury Bali 2012/12/07 02:57:41
    RageFury
    In your opinion.
  • Bali RageFury 2012/12/07 13:08:37
    Bali
    +1
    thats right, and if you look at his record it backs my words.
  • RageFury Bali 2012/12/08 06:46:55
    RageFury
    I have looked at your boy and quite frankly he supported just about all of Obama's policies that matter, when he wasn't contradicting himself. So if you had actually looked at your boy you wouldn't be having this conversation with me.
    I'll let your Boy prove my point for me:

2014/12/20 09:43:02