Romney Camp Sends Out Memo Explaining Why He’ll Lose The Debates

ProudProgressive 2012/09/28 20:31:49

For months now, America has watched the Right Wing Media spin like they've never spun before in an effort to control the damage Mitt Romney does to his own campaign every time he opens his mouth. But now it looks like they've stepped it up a bit - they now seem to be ready to explain Mitt's endless gaffes and failures before he even makes them! No wonder so many Republicans are already getting their "Jeb 2016" signs ready. Let's at least hope that this time Mitt skips the fake tanning.

Article excerpt follows:

September 28, 2012
By Don Hamel

According to a memo released to “interested parties” by Romney adviser Beth Myers, you don’t need a crystal ball to know who will win the presidential debates; Hell, you don’t eve need to watch. It’s Barack Obama, by a landslide. In a new twist on the on the old adage, the best defense is a good offense, the Romney campaign has already declared Obama the victor, but will tell you the game doesn’t matter.

Owing to their rather sudden assessment that the President is “widely regarded as one of the most talented political communicators in modern history”, they’ve already conceded the battle, if not the war. By Myers’ own admission, public sentiment also regards the debates — which don’t begin until next Wednesday — as a done deal: “Voters already believe –- by a 25-point margin –- that President Obama is likely to do a better job in these debates.”

Here’s the memo in full:

From: Beth Myers, Senior Advisor
To: Interested Parties
Date: September 27, 2012
Re: 2012 Presidential Debates

In a matter of days, Governor Romney and President Obama will meet on the presidential debate stage. President Obama is a universally-acclaimed public speaker and has substantial debate experience under his belt. However, the record he’s compiled over the last four years – higher unemployment, lower incomes, rising energy costs, and a national debt spiraling out of control – means this will be a close election right up to November 6th.

Between now and then, President Obama and Governor Romney will debate three times. While Governor Romney has the issues and the facts on his side, President Obama enters these contests with a significant advantage on a number of fronts.

Voters already believe – by a 25-point margin – that President Obama is likely to do a better job in these debates. Given President Obama’s natural gifts and extensive seasoning under the bright lights of the debate stage, this is unsurprising. President Obama is a uniquely gifted speaker, and is widely regarded as one of the most talented political communicators in modern history. This will be the eighth one-on-one presidential debate of his political career. For Mitt Romney, it will be his first.

Four years ago, Barack Obama faced John McCain on the debate stage. According to Gallup, voters judged him the winner of each debate by double-digit margins, and their polling showed he won one debate by an astounding 33-point margin. In the 2008 primary, he faced Hillary Clinton, another formidable opponent – debating her one-on-one numerous times and coming out ahead. The takeaway? Not only has President Obama gained valuable experience in these debates, he also won them comfortably.

But what must President Obama overcome? His record. Based on the campaign he’s run so far, it’s clear that President Obama will use his ample rhetorical gifts and debating experience to one end: attacking Mitt Romney. Since he won’t – and can’t – talk about his record, he’ll talk about Mitt Romney. We fully expect a 90-minute attack ad aimed at tearing down his opponent. If President Obama is as negative as we expect, he will have missed an opportunity to let the American people know his vision for the next four years and the policies he’d pursue. That’s not an opportunity Mitt Romney will pass up. He will talk about the big choice in this election – the choice between President Obama’s government-centric vision and Mitt Romney’s vision for an opportunity society with more jobs, higher take-home pay, a better-educated workforce, and millions of Americans lifted out of poverty into the middle class.

This election will not be decided by the debates, however. It will be decided by the American people. Regardless of who comes out on top in these debates, they know we can’t afford another four years like the last four years. And they will ultimately choose a better future by electing Mitt Romney to be our next president.

You have to hand it to Ms. Myers. She polished up the pile of excrement she was given as well as possible under the circumstances. And what are the circumstances?

-- Mitt Romney can’t debate on his ideas, because he won’t tell us what they are. Romney has been pressed repeatedly to offer specifics on policies he’d bring to the oval office, but he’s been consistently vague. If he has a plan more substantive than, “It’d be awesome if I were president,” he hasn’t shared it. And it’s a good bet he won’t do so in the debates. Myers’ memo hopes to shape public opinion in advance, so that when Romney pleads the fifth in the debates, we’ll think he’s being victimized by a “90 minute attack ad.”

-- Mitt Romney is an incredibly poor public speaker. He’s boorish and he has a terrible sense of humor. He either doesn’t understand or can’t stick to the script. And truth be told? He comes off as a pompous, over-privileged jackass.

-- Nobody really likes him. From his fake Twitter followers to his crash and burn ‘Goodwill tour‘ over the summer, it’s clear that people just don’t like Mitt Romney. Not even Republicans really like him. He became the nominee simply because he started running in 2007, and has been running ever since. Mitt Romney just outlasted everyone else in the 2012 field of Republicans contenders, almost all of whom were every bit as bad an idea as Mitt.

Political pundits will tell you this a good strategy: If you say your guy is going to lose big, if he does at all well, you can claim it as victory. Conspiracy fans might theorize the Romney people are trying to get the President’s guard down, and then sandbag him with some sort of surprise revelation. And in any other year, I’d say they might have a point. But really, as anyone who has been watching this campaign for any length of time can tell you, they are really just trying to cushion the blow, for when an erudite man of convictions and ideas makes their candidate look like a fool in comparison.

Read More: http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/09/28/romney-wil...

• One of Y'shua's,דָּנִיֵּאל
    +1
    BOGUS ARTICLE..it has been verified as a OPINION ARTICLE. The "ADDICTING INFO" that worded the lead in as they did, are IDEOLOGUES..so we can nullify their supposedly factual report in reality as AN OPINION PIECE...here is some facts as they TRY TO PROMULGATE there PRINT as TRUTH -TELLERS ....quoted form the SITE PAGE

"About Us
    December 31, 2010
    By Matthew Desmond
    Addicting Info started as a resource to discredit all the lies and propaganda that the right-wing spreads. When I undertook the project I thought I would probably have about 100 different articles about a number of different myths, and people could sort through them at will. Eventually that expanded to news and other info, and I quickly realized the DAUNTING task of actually trying to discredit EVERY right-wing myth that is in existence, especially with the constant creation of new ones."

in there ABOUT US, they declare and draw a line..THEY ARE IDEOLOGUES that disseminate MISINFORMATION and MISDIRECTION and LIES. their HIT PIECE and MISINFORMATION PIECE regarding ROMNEY is nothing more than a IDEOLOGUES OPINION......NOT A FACT.....later..
  • SABLE 2012/09/29 11:19:07
    SABLE
    +1
    Just wondering if he's been holding off on telling people what he plans on doing for the country until the debates to catch Obama off guard. But I agree, I believe Obama will win the debates. I liked Romney before he started this presidential run. I thought he was a smart man with good ideas from when he was in Massachusetts. I come from NH. But now I found that our Governor Lynch did better than he did for their states. He improved Massachusetts but not as much as I thought he did. You learn so much more when they delve into their records. And he proved himself the snob of all snobs when he was secretly video taped at a fund raiser of very rich people. He is definitely a flip-flopper especially on the Healthcare issue.
  • ProudPr... SABLE 2012/09/30 14:49:18 (edited)
    ProudProgressive
    +1
    I would hope that Romney would come out with some specifics, though I doubt he will. That's what debates are supposed to be for - each candidate discusses what they will do as President, and each opposing candidate gets to question it. If one or both of them spends the debate just talking about what's wrong with the other candidate then the time is completely wasted.
  • A Founding Father 2012/09/29 04:33:02
    A Founding Father
    +1
    She could have shortened the letter to just one sentence, like "Our candidate is a complete failure and hasn't fooled more than ten percent of the voters, all that remain after he has tossed aside all females, retired, military, students, parents, minorities, and the 98% who aren't living in his neighborhood".
  • EdVenture 2012/09/29 03:48:19
    EdVenture
    The depressing fact of your post is that we are even having this discussion. It should be no surprise that we're falling behind from an educational measure. Sad.
  • Sir_Smoksaloth 2012/09/29 03:21:55
    Sir_Smoksaloth
    They are "pre-emptively doing retro-active damage control"... Figures... ;)
  • Louisa - Enemy of the State 2012/09/29 02:11:17
    Louisa - Enemy of the State
    If this is true, then Romney deserves not to win. We don't need another lame idiot in the Oval Office. However, either way, we have a big problem ahead because obama isn't capable of running a faucet. But with obama I think we can almost guarantee a revolution, which would be a good thing. With Romney, we would probably just sit back and wait another four years to see if he can do anything.
  • ProudPr... Louisa ... 2012/09/30 14:52:00
    ProudProgressive
    +2
    You know, there's a reason the Republicans quickly stopped asking "Are you better off than you were four years ago?" They didn't like that most of the answers they were getting were "Yes". If Romney is elected, I don't think any of us will be able to just sit back, unless you like economic recessions and a nation at war in Iran and God knows where else.
  • Louisa ... ProudPr... 2012/09/30 14:59:07
    Louisa - Enemy of the State
    I can't imagine anyone saying that they are better off today than they were four years ago.
    Seriously, I don't know anyone who is better off. They may live in the same house, own the same cars, or better, do the same things they've always done, but isn't conclusive.

Of my friends, there are several of us who outwardly don't appear to have lost anything. But then, no one sees our bank accounts or investments.

No one can possibly be better off today. No one except obama.
  • wtxwoman Louisa ... 2012/10/01 06:13:10
    wtxwoman
    ME, I'm better off by far than I was four years ago. A little of it is because of this administration. My Medicare went down in 2012 by a few dollars, my student loan was wiped out, and I got a small COLA. The rest of my good fortune was due to a small inheritance, a new tenant and my daughter leaving my home. But, I AM better off.
  • Louisa ... wtxwoman 2012/10/01 19:15:12 (edited)
    Louisa - Enemy of the State
    +1
    Good for you! My Medicare stayed the same, but I'm reading that it's going to go way UP under obamacare. That worries me! Oh, maybe not Medicare itself, but the (optional) Supplemental policy. And you paid your student loan off! Equally a relief! Grandson still owes $16k. But I hope to God I don't inherit anything if you know what I mean!! And I also GAINED a grandson who goes to college in my neck of the woods. But we're doing ok. We got also got a new tenant for our warehouse space and a 5 yr lease!! But overall, we lowered our rents to fifty-two cents a sq. ft. Which is very, very low!

However, no matter how well I am or am not, the rest of my family is struggling and that's as hard on me as if it were myself. My grandson goes to University next semester and they accepted him as a Junior etc and I paid a fee with the application and now get a letter saying Welcome and you owe $300 for admissions! And $6,000 for tuition..........

Never stops!!
  • wtxwoman Louisa ... 2012/10/01 22:25:09
    wtxwoman
    +1
    If you are referring to the article about Medicare going up over $250 in 2014, that has been debunked. It's a lie some ulter-rightwing group put out to discredit Obama. Repeat.....IT'S NOT TRUE!
    I didn't pay my student loan off. I was paying on it until I hurt myself and am now disabled, so they are going to forgive the last $5000, which is a relief. With a $1100 monthly income, even $107 coming out was painful.
    I get a little rent from my roommate, but he could leave any minute, so I don't count it. My two grandchildren who are still in town are always coming around with their hands out, so what I get from him mostly goes to them. At least I break even! LOL!
  • Louisa ... wtxwoman 2012/10/01 23:41:30
    Louisa - Enemy of the State
    +1
    lol......I thought retirement was going to be a lot different from what it is. First mistake, I got two smallish dogs. We NEVER leave them alone! I thought we were going to travel but gasoline & dogs prevent us. I thought when my grandson moved in he would watch the dogs once in while.........he hate's the dogs, we won't leave them alone with him. Neither did I realize when I signed for his new motocross bike that "I" was going to be making the payments!!

Just bunches and bunches of stuff thrown at us every day. You could recognize me anywhere! I'm the one ducking even when nothings coming!!
  • wtxwoman Louisa ... 2012/10/02 00:00:36
    wtxwoman
    +1
    I know what you mean. I recieved a small inheritance from my husband. My son borrowed a 1/8th immediately for a 'business venture', which never materialized. Now, he says it was an investment. Needless to say, I will NEVER do another thing for him. I've very disappointed and feel taken advantage of. Now, I don't tell anyone how much or where my little dab of money is!
  • Louisa ... wtxwoman 2012/10/02 02:49:20
    Louisa - Enemy of the State
    +1
    Take care of yourself! We didn't have children so that we could be responsible for them for the rest of our lives. And over the years I've been told by a dozen people who have loaned money to relatives that they never saw a dime in repayment.

Whatever you have, YOU need! We could end up living a lot longer than what we think! In fact, I always say, "I'm not afraid to die. I'm afraid to LIVE!"
  • wtxwoman Louisa ... 2012/10/02 04:13:50
    wtxwoman
    +1
    I've had good luck with relatives outside my immediate family. I've helped several with a few thousand here and there. Everyone has paid me back but my son. My youngest daughter I helped because she still has children at home, but I took one of her breeding dogs to recoup my money the other day. I'm losing my patience with everyone!

You are right, I have never been afraid to die. It's living past my ability to care for myself that bothers me. With the way my kids live, I'm afraid I might outlive them.
  • Louisa ... wtxwoman 2012/10/02 14:55:11
    Louisa - Enemy of the State
    +1
    I left you a message at your profile place.

Even though our politics are poles apart, I can identify with your plight, if not from my own experiences, from those I'm close to! Nothing to do but to make the best of everything otherwise it makes you miserable.

We're having a very dull dreary rainy day in MD and in spite of it, I'm not going to let it get my outlook depressive.

When I opened my eyes this morning the first thing my husband said was that he had to turn the electric of one of our tenants back into the company's name. I sat bolt upright and thought, "It IS in our name!! We HAVE been paying it!!" Not a good way to start the day!!

I'm getting too old to run a company! I just don't want to actually 'think' any more................
  • wtxwoman Louisa ... 2012/10/02 17:59:56
    wtxwoman
    +1
    That's exactly how I feel. It seems like I have been working harder since I retired than before. I spent 15 years caring for my husband and I wanted some me time since he passed, but everyone else seems to think I need to do for them now. I fell like running away from home or taking a broom to whomever shows up here with a problem for me to solve.
  • Louisa ... wtxwoman 2012/10/02 18:57:09
    Louisa - Enemy of the State
    +1
    Maybe you need to invite your kids to dinner and then tell them that you love them and always will, but that you want to experience just one week of not being called on to do something, only to be ask what YOU would like or where YOU would like to go for dinner. Tell them it's all about YOU! That's not selfish. It's therapeutic.

When my kids were small and so close in age, I had a fantasy that I was sitting around a pool and painting my nails! That was heaven.

Now that I'm retired, I have a fantasy that I go to a motel without telling anywhere I am, no TV, no telephone, only silence and stay until I feel like leaving.

To soothe myself I just keep repeating "And this too shall pass."
  • wtxwoman Louisa ... 2012/10/02 20:22:21
    wtxwoman
    +1
    That's exactly what I tell myself all the time. Also, like Scarlette O'Hara said, "I'll think about it in the morning." That one has got me through some really tough times.

I did tell my youngest that and took her dog. My son has a home in ETX but came out here to work and live free off me. I think I'd have to get an eviction notice to get him out of my house. I am very disappointed in my kids, except for one daughter. She has done well financally, but is very bitter.
  • D.C. Willis 2012/09/29 00:33:37
    D.C. Willis
    I will probably have already voted by the 5th of October. There will be no need to watch the fiasco.
  • ProudPr... D.C. Wi... 2012/09/30 14:52:40
    ProudProgressive
    +1
    for comic relief?
  • D.C. Wi... ProudPr... 2012/09/30 14:53:51
    D.C. Willis
    +1
    The fact that Romney has made it this far makes the issue to painful to laugh.
  • wtxwoman D.C. Wi... 2012/10/01 06:15:18
    wtxwoman
    +1
    Not for me. I laugh about something one of them does everyday. Today it was the remark Ann made about Mitt's mental health. LOL!
  • wtxwoman ProudPr... 2012/10/01 06:14:31
    wtxwoman
    Definitely! That's why I'm going to watch. Also, I get to rub it in my ex's face.
  • Phantom 2012/09/29 00:19:01
    Phantom
    +3
    The Romney camp is trying to soften the blow of the slaughter.
  • Tarheel 2012/09/29 00:12:36
    Tarheel
    +4
    I think he comes across as a "pompous, over-priviledged jack ass" because that's what he is.
  • ☆WILLIAM☆ 2012/09/28 23:54:51
    ☆WILLIAM☆
    +4
    Gees, this poll is dead. want me to invite some people over? :-)
  • No nonsense NanC...don't BS... 2012/09/28 23:53:15
    No nonsense NanC...don't BS me!
    +2
    Is this another one of your lies?
  • ProudPr... No nons... 2012/09/30 14:55:12
    ProudProgressive
    I don't lie. Feel free to verify it for yourself.

Would these sources provide a little more reliability for you? New York Times, ABC News, CNN, Slate?

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytime...

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/p...

http://www.cnn.com/2012/09/28...

http://www.slate.com/blogs/th...

How about FOX NEWS?

http://www.foxnews.com/politi...
  • Mopvyzo 2012/09/28 23:49:33
    Mopvyzo
    +4
    [Click This To Volunteer]
  • ProudPr... Mopvyzo 2012/09/30 14:56:29
  • A Founding Father 2012/09/28 23:28:36
    A Founding Father
    +4
    Well, I have to agree with Ms Myers. Mitten will be shown for what he is - a pompus and boring rich boy who has no credentials to hold the office of POTUS. So, I've bought two bottles of my favorite grape and have some terribly expensive and flavorful ripe cheese, and a box of crackers. All set for an hour and more of fun, and then the spin, whine, and
    explanations of what Mitten intended to say but didn't say and how he meant to say what he didn't and why what he said differes from what he said last week, last month, last year,
    before he denied having said it at all. Big evening, can't wait.
  • C. C. Rider 2012/09/28 21:57:24
    C. C. Rider
    +14
    lol I think we all know why he will lose....it is what he does best...

lol lose
  • Tarheel C. C. R... 2012/09/29 00:13:56
    Tarheel
    +6
    Did you see the SNL spoof about that? It was pretty funny and spot on!
  • C. C. R... Tarheel 2012/09/30 16:03:41
    C. C. Rider
    +1
    lol Missed it but I am sure it was great. The con party gives comedians their best material. For a while there they thought times might get lean with Failin Pailin out of the picture..BUT IT GOT BETTER!!! LOL Now the comedians are rich!! LOL
  • Tarheel C. C. R... 2012/09/30 16:09:41
    Tarheel
    +1
    You can probably find it on hulu. I saw it on some news broadcast. To quote the guy on Seinfeld, "It's gold,Jerry, gold"
  • C. C. R... Tarheel 2012/09/30 16:24:14
    C. C. Rider
    +1
    lol I will look into it. Thanks
  • A Found... C. C. R... 2012/09/29 00:45:43 (edited)
    A Founding Father
    +3
    Love that one.... Let's all meet here after the debate next week and invite the RWNJs to share their impressions of their hero after he faces his campaign thus far.
  • C. C. R... A Found... 2012/09/30 16:04:26
    C. C. Rider
    If we can find any after they get their con asses whipped! LOL

2014/10/26 01:07:45