Romney and Obama to have lunch today at the White House! If invited, would you have lunch with Obama?

Drue-AFCL 2012/11/29 16:18:55

• keeper 2012/12/03 20:48:30
    NO
    keeper
    +1
    He would make me puke the first time he opened his mouth!!
    puking
  • Quazimoto 2012/12/02 01:39:23
    NO
    Quazimoto
    +1
    You couldn't pay me enough to have lunch with this narcissist. "Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall."
  • Aqua Surf BTO-t-BCRA-F 2012/12/01 15:39:01
    NO
    Aqua Surf BTO-t-BCRA-F
    +1
    I wouldn't break bread with such evil. Just looking at him or hearing his voice makes me feel violated.
  • Kaye 2012/11/30 17:58:39
    NO
    Kaye
    +1
    I'm baby sitting
  • Rand 2012/11/30 15:27:48
    YES
    Rand
    +3
    If I was Romney? Yes! Why you may ask? Romney is a gentleman. It is not his nature or character to behave has a rude competitor. History will be kind to Romney. History will not be to Obama and his minunions.
  • clasact 2012/11/30 11:33:40
    YES
    clasact
    Of couse I would want to have lunch with the most powerful man in the free world.I didnt like Bush but I would still have like to sat down with him also
  • T A 2012/11/30 09:46:42 (edited)
    NO
    T A
    +3
    I wouldn't eat with a thieving murderer.
  • William Gill~PWCM~JLA 2012/11/30 08:44:13
    YES
    William Gill~PWCM~JLA
    +2
    Lunch at the Whitehouse and a chance to tell him what I think, you bet I would. He would not like what I have to say and I would probably be thrown out in the first few minutes but it would be worth it.
  • redhorse29 2012/11/30 06:48:42
    NO
    redhorse29
    +3
    I would not eat with Clinton either. They do not share the same moral or ethical standard that I expect.
  • Tennessee3501 2012/11/30 06:28:47
    YES
    Tennessee3501
    I would love to as long as he picks up the tab!
  • cut and paste king 2012/11/30 05:06:20
    YES
    cut and paste king
    +1
    The pussie of romney went to kiss obamas ass for a job. A typical republican ass kisser
  • illinoyed cut and... 2012/11/30 07:26:09
    illinoyed
    It's the only way Romney could get into the Oval Office! I bet Romney would have cleared the dishes to get there!
  • cut and... illinoyed 2012/11/30 08:58:50
  • Rand illinoyed 2012/11/30 16:40:45
    Rand
    +2
    I don't think so. You do not understand Romney. He belived in order to play his part in US History , He had to give all he could to help save America. The outcome is very unfortunate. If you believe that every man and woman has their agency to choose, then the unfortunate outcome will be that many Ameiricans will suffer due to this President and his policies. Romney left it all on the field, his time , money and ego have been parked. We are left with a mess, and the guy that could of straitened it up has lost. May God have mercy on America. Because if not , Obama and his minions will ruin it.
  • Kaye Rand 2012/11/30 18:01:52
  • illinoyed Rand 2012/12/02 23:52:57
    illinoyed
    I don't think so. I understand Romney better than most of you. He was a political opportunist, plain and simple, an opportunist who had been running for president for years and only wanted the position because he had watched his father run and lose in 1968, and he wanted to succeed where his father had failed. Romney went to Harvard for the exact same reason, because his father had always wanted to go to Harvard but had not had the opportunity, so Romney did Harvard for dad also.

Romney was planning to run for the presidency before there even was a Barack Obama, Romney was planning this during the Bush administration, long before the right would admit that America needed "saving". Romney didn't give his all for the good of the country, Romney would have taken the Presidency any year and under any circumstances. He wanted it for his father, the glory of the Romney name and for the glory of the LDS Church, none of which involve what is best for America.

Romney was a opportunist who finally got his chance because he was the least flawed candidate in a field of misfits. A strong Republican contender would have knocked Romney out in the primaries, and may even have beat Obama. Romney lost because he never was that strong contender. Romney only wanted the title of President, he never really wanted the JOB. The American people saw that.
  • Rand illinoyed 2012/12/03 02:45:18 (edited)
    Rand
    Well you just admitted you are a biggot. By attacking his relegious beliefs, that he made a point not to bring up. You do not understand Romney or his personal desire to serve. Service without pay . You are giving yourself alot of credit of knowing him. I think you just went way over your credit limit with those foolish comments. I see the clerk coming now. Im sorry sir you have no credit.
    Romney has been said to be one of the most decent men to of run for the presidency since Washington. Way over talented. Good luck with your opinion. I look forward to the day you will have to account for it.
  • illinoyed Rand 2012/12/03 04:44:46
    illinoyed
    I never heard Romney say he wouldn't take a paycheck as President. Could you show me where he said that?

You can also show me where I attacked Romney's religious beliefs.

Who said Romney was one "of the most decent men to run for the presidency since Washington"? Fox News? Rush Limbaugh. American Thinker? Breitbart.com?! SodaHead?

I think Romney is a decent guy too, but he wanted the Presidency for selfish reasons, not because he wanted to serve. He's rich, retired and bored. I've read he's still at lose ends trying to figure out what to do with his life now. So much money, so many choices, and still so bored!

I think Obama is the most decent man the presidency has seen in a long time. The American people re-elected the best man for the job.
  • Rand illinoyed 2012/12/03 16:02:24
    Rand
    As Governor: took no pay check. Fact
    Olympics : Took no pay check. fact
    Speaking events: Donated the money to charity. Fact
    Firewall: Bill Whittle , Falling on principals. Utube Romney the most decent man since Pres: Washington>

Senator Obama: Pro Infantcide. That is not the character of a decent man.
  • illinoyed Rand 2012/12/05 09:23:16 (edited)
    illinoyed
    True, Romney took no pay check as Gov of Mass.

But I never heard him say he would be president for free. Did you? Or are you just assuming this because he has more money than God?

Who cares what some person posts on YouTube? Making a YouTube video makes something true? I disagree, George Washington had a reputation for honesty. Mitt Romney didn't know the meaning of the word and proved this multiple times during his campaign.

Obama is pro-choice, not pro-infanticide. If your argument stood on it's own merits, you wouldn't need to exaggerate to make a point.
  • Rand illinoyed 2012/12/05 17:57:58
    Rand
    Look at his record on the issue of infanticide from his time as Chicago house member. I think you will find your own answers on that crime.
    No exaggeration. Just facts.
  • illinoyed Rand 2012/12/06 08:09:06 (edited)
  • Yoru 2012/11/30 04:42:55
    YES
    Yoru
    of course
  • rustyshackelford 2012/11/30 04:23:21
  • lclon 2012/11/30 04:14:54
    YES
    lclon
    If Obama invite me, I would be glad to go and lunch with him. President Obama inviting Romney to see if he has ideas on job growths seem silly. Romney has a record of creating jobs and shipping them over sea. He also make all the money and put it in investments in other countries. Who would want to get someone like that to get advice or information from. President Obama has a big heart to do that. I wouldn't.
  • Kaye lclon 2012/11/30 18:03:32
    Kaye
    +1
    There have been plenty of democrats who sent business overseas.Lets start with Kerry!
  • lclon Kaye 2012/12/01 02:29:01
    lclon
    That doesn't make it right no matter who sends it oversea.
  • Independent Thinker 2012/11/30 03:58:33
    YES
    Independent Thinker
    I would love to pick his brain on a variety of topics. A face-to-face would give vital information.

People should be judged by their actions (and not words). I supported him the first time but his actions speak to who he really is. My conversation would relate to his lack of follow-through. He has been a big disppointment.

In terms of his winning....he won (but by much less) than before. For sure he does not have a mandate and his inability to unify (collaborate, etc.) shows where this country is heading.
  • marty 2012/11/30 03:20:50
    NO
    marty
    +5
    I wouldn't have lunch with any of them.
  • WGN 2012/11/30 02:57:43
    YES
    WGN
    +1
    Of course, it would be an honor. Something that the Boston Bruin's gaolie Tim Thomas does not understand.
  • Indepen... WGN 2012/11/30 03:59:28
    Independent Thinker
    +1
    Mmm....whatever that means.
  • WGN Indepen... 2012/11/30 13:31:20
    WGN
    When the NHL Champion Bruins were invited to the White House for a congratuatory luncheon, the Bruin's goalie Tim Thomas refused to go, citing political reasons.

He put his politics before his team, before America, and before common sense. He, like many who said "no" to this question, are just childish asses!
  • Kaye WGN 2012/11/30 18:04:41
    Kaye
    +2
    I don't blame him
  • WGN Kaye 2012/11/30 20:52:38
    WGN
    Just goes to show you what team players the conservatives are. Selfish to the Nth degree
  • Aqua Su... WGN 2012/12/01 15:45:13
    Aqua Surf BTO-t-BCRA-F
    I say give Props to Thomas for having the courage of his convictions and not taking that political bullet!
  • WGN Aqua Su... 2012/12/02 20:39:02
    WGN
    It still shows how much he values his team!

There is no room for that kind of crap when you are part of a team.
    Thomas can be as individual as he wants on his time, but when he is part of the Bruins, it is a different story. He "manned" up n the wrong way. If he had any character, he would have gone to support his team (not all of whom support Obama either) and been a real man!

Just goes to show what a wuss he is!
  • Indepen... WGN 2012/12/01 17:29:21
    Independent Thinker
    I believe in freedom of choice. To say that those who disagree with your observation are "childish asses" speaks to your obvious feeling of self-importance.

I would go (not because people like yourself believe I should) but because I would like to discuss/debate/pick his brain.

Even though we are on the same page (in terms of this question) I do not want to align myself with someone like you.
  • WGN Indepen... 2012/12/02 20:39:32
    WGN
    Then get lost!
  • Indepen... WGN 2012/12/05 01:23:56
    Independent Thinker
    Great response which speaks to who you are as a person, someone who is extremely self-absorbed.

I will let your comment stand but plan to share it in my next discussion with my college class. Civility in this country is gone; you are a prime example.
  • WGN Indepen... 2012/12/05 02:47:24
    WGN
    As I said....

2014/11/01 11:38:01