Romney and Obama Call Each Other Dishonest: Who Is the Bigger Liar?

Chris D 2012/07/13 19:00:00
The war of words is getting to new heights in the 2012 election. We know all politicians lie to get elected, but which presidential candidate is worse: Mitt Romney or Barack Obama?

FOXNEWS.COM reports:
The battle between President Obama and Mitt Romney reached new levels of rancor Thursday, with each campaign accusing the other of lying over Romney's tenure at private-equity firm Bain Capital.
thursday campaign accusing lying romneys tenure private-equity firm bain capital

Read More: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/07/12/preside...

• Reichstolz 2012/07/31 13:52:44
    Both
    Reichstolz
    Politicians and words are crap and toilet paper, if you believe anything worthwhile is going to come of either of them, you are a fool.
  • U-Dog 2012/07/31 07:44:52
    Both
    U-Dog
  • wqerwqerwe 2012/07/31 04:40:59
    Both
    wqerwqerwe
    They are both on the same level. The difference is Obama lied about his campaign years ago and has taken action in his lies. Romney's lies are not in action quite the same.
  • TortoiseWrath 2012/07/29 05:28:46
    Both
    TortoiseWrath
    Really? This is a question? ... They're politicians...
  • Centrist_Bill 2012/07/29 04:21:26
    Both
    Centrist_Bill
    Its election season.
  • TJ 2012/07/28 18:12:02
    Both
    TJ
    I am Barack Obama all the way but c'mon. To succeed and get to the level of political notoriety that both Mitt and Barack have achieved , you have to be a good liar.
  • Cat 2012/07/28 14:58:26
    Barack Obama
    Cat
    He's not afraid to launch big whoppers and double down on them. He's way more brazen than Clinton or Nixon at lying with a straight face on national TV.
  • Torchmanner ~PWCM~JLA 2012/07/25 22:51:12
    Barack Obama
    Torchmanner ~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    This was an easy question.
  • horselo... Torchma... 2012/07/28 08:43:13
  • Garland Bennett 2012/07/25 16:32:58
    Both
    Garland Bennett
    Either one I don't trust at this point. Sad, since I gotta find someone to vote for in the upcoming elections.
  • Both
    Яᴇv☠Doɴɴγ☠Dooᴍ☠Aɢɴosᴛɪc
    That is just the way of the politicians!!
  • Peter Combs 2012/07/19 06:50:22
    Barack Obama
    Peter Combs
    The Washington Post has given more Pinocchio's I think to Obama than GW at this point..

He got FOUR for the Bain issue alone.
  • Saye Saye 2012/07/17 16:43:57
    Both
    Saye Saye
    They are both lying
  • Tigger Too 2012/07/17 03:00:31
    Mitt Romney
    Tigger Too
    +1
    This is a tough call to make with politicians, but I think that Mitt Romney is overwhelmingly a bigger liar than President Obama. Romney won't release his tax returns, which even conservatives like George Will are criticizing, because it indicates something's just not right about his finances. He also lied about how long he worked for Bain Capital. The worst part about Romney's fibs is that he acts as if he doesn't say ANYTHING to explain himself, all of this pesky questioning will just go away. NEWS FLASH, Mitt: These issues are NOT going to fizzle out. People want answers about your shady financial dealings, and that's the least of what Americans deserve. Something is rotten in Denmark...
  • Michaelene Tigger Too 2012/07/17 14:31:44
    Michaelene
    +2
    Romney has released two years, Obama only released one.
    Why would anyone care more abuot Romney's personal money than the money being spent and borrowed by US, the taxpaying American citizen?
    These issues should fizzle out, Romney's tax returns have been filed.
    Our politicians and the POTUS have been spending TRILLIONS of dollars a year plus, money we dont have.
    Obama spent 4 times more than Mitt Romney's personal wealth in his last election and will spend another BILLION this year.
  • Tigger Too Michaelene 2012/07/17 18:55:39
    Tigger Too
    +1
    I beg to differ. Mitt Romney is outspending and bringing in more campaign donations than President Obama, thanks to those lovely Super PACs, brought to us courtesy of the Supreme Court's decision on Citizens United. A candidate for public office has ALWAYS had his personal finances questioned and scrutinized. Romney knew this was coming, yet the guy didn't even have enough sense to tell his accountants to do some "creative bookkeeping" before the presidential race began. The issues about Romney's personal wealth and his questionable time at Bain Capital are NOT going to "fizzle out." Bottom line, this guy has some serious 'splainin' to do. I stand by my comments.
  • Michaelene Tigger Too 2012/07/18 11:15:30
    Michaelene
    +1
    Obama has already spent almost 2 Billion dollars to be POTUS it's not even over yet.
    Individual Contributions $878,897,235
    PAC Contributions $1,329,353
    Candidate self-financing $12,606
    Other $176,795,967

Your suggestion of creative bookkeeping is not even funny.
    Like I said, your concern over Romney's millions is a wate of America's time, when we have a POTUS spending our trillions and borrowing more in our name.
    The difference is that no one cared about John Kerry's, the Kennedy's or anyone else personal wealth, unless of course, the campaign strategy is to knock down ROmney because he wealthy instead of discussing the real issues, Obama's economic record and the detrimental effects is has on our nation.
  • Tigger Too Michaelene 2012/07/18 11:40:08
    Tigger Too
    +1
    Whoa, your numbers are WAY off. President Obama hasn't spent anywhere NEAR $2 billion thus far in his campaign. In fact, before the presidential campaign began, the media was all agog that Obama might raise as much as $1 billion. I'm relatively sure that Mitt Romney has raised close to a billion dollars through his secret Super PAC money, where wealthy individuals and businesses can donate money on the down-low and with impunity. Romney's personal wealth DOES matter in a sense, because he's ALWAYS had money. He was born with the proverbial "silver spoon" in his mouth, and he's never had to worry about finances in his entire life. (Well, other than where to hide his money.) Romney is completely out-of-touch with the middle class, working poor, elderly and disabled, and our brave military veterans and their daily struggles just to keep the wolf from the door and their heads above water. Any guy who says he's never been to a NASCAR race, but he has friends who own NASCAR teams, tells us that he drives TWO Cadillacs, is installing a car elevator in the garage of his new California home, and declares that corporations are people, too, doesn't have a clue about the lives of average folks.
  • Michaelene Tigger Too 2012/07/18 13:42:02
    Michaelene
    +1
    So sorry I didn't post the sources (votesmart.og and opensecrets.org) and happy you responded. I don't edit my posts and forgot to include Obama's final total numbers.
    Total Receipts: $1,057,035,160
    Total Spent: $931,537,419

Look up Romney's campaign finance numbers instead of speculating or "being relatively sure". You'll see he hasn't come close to Obama's spending. How much was the Obama's 2008 1/2 hour commercial? $433 million. Look up all the details, breakdowns, charts, endorsements from the official legal forms are available for every politician, every race. Voting records, Pacs, top industries, bundlers, unions, etc.

Big Deal? Romney's always had money, his father and his before worked for what is theirs. He donated his inheritance to an educational foundation charity and medical research and he created his own money too, of which he donated millions for the needy. He knows health care reform (the good and bad along with the unexpected repercussions and financial underestimates), his wife has MS, he understands disabled trust me, the elevator is necessary or they'd have to move.

When was the last time you put your house up for collateral on a business plan?
    Have you ever not taken a salary for six months to ensure your employees get paid and the business survives? He empl...

Total Receipts: $1,057,035,160
    Total Spent: $931,537,419

Have you ever not taken a salary for six months to ensure your employees get paid and the business survives? He employed people from all skill sets and abilities, "classes" is so divisive.

Are you kidding me about the NASCAR friends? Really?
    Obama's friends are OK with you right?

*Tony Rezco (arms dealer, slumlord who got money to build and repair, but didn't, helped Rep. Obama buy his home and adjoining property)
    *Bernadine Dohrn and Bill Ayers (fugitives, domestic terrorists bombers /murders)
    *Rev Wright, pastor, mentor, insiration religious ADVISOR (black liberation theology-look it up)
    *Van Jones, Communist- bundler and recipient of tax dollars for radicalizing and perpetuating a sense of race/class revolution
    *Frank Marshall Davis- Communist, a man on a watch list fbi, cia, et al.
    *Jessee Jackson Jr. and Rod Blogoveich, buying Senate seats

Yes, Obama's fundraising is slow but it will pick up when he puts out another edict like his recent EO's or his recent refusal to enforce our laws while endangering our security. He'll pander to get the gullible or buy votes with more borrowed money.

Obama has demeaned our veterans, voted against funding them while in harm's way, and has classified all veterans care reports across the nation after two seperate devastating PA and VA newspaper investigations came to light in Aug/Sept 2009 by EO.

I have rich successful friends and do not envy them, I'm not jealous of their good fortune. I also have friends who are struggling to keep the lights on and when I can I help them.
    Big governemnt is drowning us, every possible tax I pay has been increased in the last 3.5 years! Every one, except the paltry SS Med funding (payroll tax) which means less money in my SS account. You too.
  • Cmo Michaelene 2012/07/28 00:55:46
    Cmo
    +1
    I think you crushed him!
  • Michaelene Cmo 2012/07/28 12:40:33
    Michaelene
    I hope I opened it's eyes instead.
    I can't beliebe how much they complain about Romney's private money while Obama is spending our tax dollars like a kid in a candy shop.
    Romney's millions are miniscule to those who support Obama and their many Obama contributions which are in the millions.
  • Cat Michaelene 2012/07/28 15:04:52
    Cat
    +3
    You sold me on that debate. I am a Dem planning to vote for Romney but I still have doubts about voting for a big money guy.
  • Michaelene Cat 2012/07/29 16:13:10
    Michaelene
    There are already many big money men in Obama's administration, Jeffrey Imment, (GE no tax paid) James Johnson FNMA (90 mil golden parachute) and so much spending but no recovery.
    obama s economic record obama s economic record
  • Tigger Too Michaelene 2012/08/02 22:58:43
    Tigger Too
    I'm certainly not denigrating wealthy folks who earned their millions by the sweat of their own brows. The campaign donations for Barack Obama and Mitt Romney are those that we KNOW about. Evidently, Romney has much more secret Super PAC financing than Obama, adding credence to Mitt's statement, "Corporations are people, too." Also, we're talking about political contributions here, NOT the president's taxing and spending policies.
  • Michaelene Tigger Too 2012/08/06 12:36:56
    Michaelene
    You say "Evidently Romney has more secret super pac financing."
    Where is the evidence of this?
    Obama has several PAC's. One Obama super PAC is named The Bridge, ironically they are the ones who set up the campaign stumps in front of two bridges, both bridge projects were outsourced to foreign companies hiring their foreign workers within the US. Yes, Chinese firms working in America with imported Chinese employees, instead of Americans.

Infrastructure jobs, Obama has discussed this in his 2008 campaign, now again in his 2012 campaign. It comes as no sursprise that Charlie Rangel and Robert Reich want to come up with a new formula on WHO to hire, "no highly skilled or white construction workers."

• Tigger Too Michaelene 2012/08/25 19:24:58
    Tigger Too
    +1
    Your altruism for helping your down-and-out friends is touching, but don't you think you may be enabling them by giving them financial aid? Just like the welfare system is making poor folks dependent on government entitlement benefits, helping your friends and neighbors during these tough economic times carries the danger of making them turn to you for a handout whenever their money runs short. I think it's high time for you to exercise a little "tough love" and tell your leeching pals that the financial well has run dry, and that you're cutting them off. After all,people are destitute because they WANT and LIKE being poor. It's their own damn fault.
  • Michaelene Tigger Too 2012/08/26 03:38:11
    Michaelene
    I guess we will just have to disagree on people who are destitute.
    Not everyone has been given a sound education in budgets, saving and spending for wants vs needs and far to many people do not plan on LIFE happening, like a job loss, death, or divorce, etc.

I give because that's what I was raised to do, help those less fortunate than myself. Of course, there is a limited amount of help, it's more than financial. The people I help are kids whose family sucks and I teach them the things they need like the value of education, respect, trust, honor, etc

The payback is that they don't become another statistic, but go on to college, getting a good job, and learning a great thing like being a parent and cooking family dinner.
  • ACE BOO... Tigger Too 2012/07/21 00:53:51
    ACE BOONE COONE
    Romney doesn't have to explain anything , Its not public information, There is no law stating he has to show his tax records. Golden Boy Bill Clinton himself said Romney had a sterling Record. I mean Id much rather hear about Obama's dealings with weather underground when he was blowing up federal buildings with Ayers. If Romney Owes money to the IRS they would be after him Rite?
  • MkB Michaelene 2012/07/25 03:14:02
    MkB
    +1
    I'd like to see BO's real b/c and his college transcripts.
  • Michaelene MkB 2012/07/25 12:03:47
    Michaelene
    Yeah me too, I'd like to read his thesis and see how he paid for his education, since he and his wife cry poor. Middle class maybe, but poor, no way.
  • Cmo Michaelene 2012/07/28 01:00:41
    Cmo
    +1
    I always have said that if an illigal can come up with fake paper the POTUS should have no problem. The release of the BC was stratigic, planned, and most likely fake. He college docs had to be doctored so as not to show that he was there as a foreign student and thats probably why they went "missing."
  • Michaelene Cmo 2012/07/28 12:42:46
    Michaelene
    Even worse is Obama's excuse for losing his Senate records, now that's a disgrace and a smack in tha face of all of his constituents.
  • Tigger Too Michaelene 2012/08/25 19:03:54
  • Michaelene Tigger Too 2012/08/26 03:53:07 (edited)
    Michaelene
    I did not make up anything, Obama himself said he LOST his senate records! You should look something up before you cry wolf!

The Illinois State Archives told Judicial Watch that they never received any request from Senator Obama to archive any records in his possession.

In 2007, Obama told Tim Russert that his records were “not kept.”

Here is the transcript of Meet The Press 11/11/2007 interview:

MR. RUSSERT: You talked about Senator Clinton having records released from the Clinton Library regarding her experience as first lady, and yet when you were asked about, “What about eight years in the state senate of Illinois,” you said, “I don’t know.” Where, where are the—where are your records?

SEN. OBAMA: Tim, we did not keep those records. I...

MR. RUSSERT: Are they gone?

SEN. OBAMA: Well, let’s be clear. In the state senate, every single piece of information, every document related to state government was kept by the state of Illinois and has been disclosed and is available and has been gone through with a fine-toothed comb by news outlets in Illinois. The, the stuff that I did not keep has to do with, for example, my schedule. I didn’t have a schedule. I was a state senator. I wasn’t intending to have the Barack Obama State Senate Library. I didn’t have 50 or 500 people ...

MR. RUSSERT: Are they gone?

SEN. OBAMA: Well, let’s be clear. In the state senate, every single piece of information, every document related to state government was kept by the state of Illinois and has been disclosed and is available and has been gone through with a fine-toothed comb by news outlets in Illinois. The, the stuff that I did not keep has to do with, for example, my schedule. I didn’t have a schedule. I was a state senator. I wasn’t intending to have the Barack Obama State Senate Library. I didn’t have 50 or 500 people to, to help me archive these issues. So...

MR. RUSSERT: But your meetings with lobbyists and so forth, there’s no record of that?

SEN. OBAMA: I did not have a scheduler, but, as I said, every document related to my interactions with government is available right now. And, as I said, news outlets have already looked at them.

MR. RUSSERT: Is your schedule available anywhere? Are—the records exist?

SEN. OBAMA: I—Tim, I kept my own schedule. I didn’t have a scheduler.

MR. RUSSERT: Senator Durbin, your colleague, publishes his schedule each day. Would you do that?

SEN. OBAMA: Well, you know, these days I have a public presidential schedule that I think everybody has access to.

MR. RUSSERT: Tony Rezko, who is he?

SEN. OBAMA: He is a developer in Illinois. He was a friend of mine for, for over 10 years. He was, he was a supporter of Democrats and Republicans back in Illinois. He was indicted recently for issues completely unrelated to me, but obviously it’s a source of concern because he’s not only a friend but also a supporter of my campaign.

MR. RUSSERT: It appears that he raised or contributed about $168,000 for you over the course of your

editted to add link- http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/2...
  • Cat Cmo 2012/07/28 15:09:23
    Cat
    +2
    Ya think he's secretly negotiating with the grays for a vacation at their colony on the dark side of the moon, too?
  • Cat MkB 2012/07/28 15:06:40
    Cat
    +5
    And his term papers, theses and dissertations too! Are they all about the merits of socialism?
  • MkB Cat 2012/07/30 01:38:42
    MkB
    +1
    I think so. And Clinton did her senior thesis on Saul Alinsky.
  • Studied 2012/07/17 01:19:58
    Barack Obama
    Studied
    +1
    Has lived a life built on nothing but lies. Wouldn't recognize the truth if it bit him.
  • Sinister Ken Doll™ 2012/07/16 21:02:19
    Both
    Sinister Ken Doll™
    +2
    Everyone in politics lies!
  • Cat Siniste... 2012/07/28 15:10:53
    Cat
    +4
    Leave out the words "in politics" and your statement still stands true.

2014/08/28 09:24:20