Rick Santorum Says Abortion Is A Cause Of Breast Cancer

★~DoctorWhoGuru~★ 2012/02/06 02:44:03
During an appearance on Fox News on Sunday, Rick Santorum suggested to Chris Wallace that abortion causes breast cancer. Santorum told Wallace that he agreed with the Susan G. Komen Foundation’s announcement to cut funding to Planned Parenthood because he thinks Komen shouldn’t associate with an organization that performs procedures that cause cancer. Komen was pushed to make their decision by VP Karen Handel, a failed Republican candidate in Georgia who ran on an anti-abortion platform. Santorum has made it clear that he opposes abortion, even in cases ofrape and incest, and wants to ban all forms of contraceptives and birth control methods. He also stated that there was a link between abortion and breast cancer.

Here’s what Santorum said on Fox:

“I’ve taken the position as a presidential candidate and someone in Congress that Planned Parenthood funds and does abortions. I don’t believe that breast cancer research is advanced by funding an organization where you’ve seen ties to cancer and abortion. So, I don’t think it’s a particularly healthy way of contributing money to further cause of breast cancer, but that’s for a private organization like Susan G. Komen to make that decision.”

Here’s the video
http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/david/santorum-suggests-a...

Santorum is pushing the false notion that abortion causes breast cancer, which is a good way to scare women into not having abortions, but his claim has no science to support it. According to theNational Cancer Institute, there is no connection between abortion and breast cancer. Santorum’s theory is based upon small poorly conducted studies that have since been debunked by larger studies.

Breast cancer is a serious disease that we should be fighting to cure at all costs. And the right wing is not helping by pushing theories that have no basis in fact. Their obsession with their crazy abortion beliefs have blinded them to what is really important. Preventing countless women from dying from a horrible disease should be their real pro-life position. But considering their support of Komen’s decision to cut funding from Planned Parenthood, it’s clear that conservative extremists are willing to sentence millions of low income women to death to advance their anti-abortion agenda

Read More: http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/02/05/rick-santo...

• NatAlex23 2012/02/06 03:41:57
    NatAlex23
    +7
    Rick, this is no longer a right vs left issue. You're making every person in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania look like a moron. DROP OUT.

• Carabella 2012/02/07 03:07:14 (edited)
    Carabella
    +1
    On top of this moron's idiocy, I'd have to also consider anyone who buys into his blatant lies intellectually deficient.
  • Algor. Mortis. - ҎԊǢɬ Physician
    +1
    I think he actually believes that abortion causes breast cancer, like a naive child that doesn't understand that correlation does not equal causation
  • suejkw 2012/02/06 21:20:30
    suejkw
    +1
    Breast cancer is genetic for the most part altho some women do get it without a family history.Abortion has nothing to do with it.Another religious nut trying to push his religious views.I'm not for abortion on demand;that's what contraception is for so one should use it.But in the case of rape,the mother's life in danger,or severe birth defects,it's should be an option if one chooses.
  • **StarzAbove** 2012/02/06 19:39:59
    **StarzAbove**
    +2
    This guy proves every time he opens his mouth that he's a moron!
  • elijahin24 2012/02/06 17:25:09
    elijahin24
    +2
    The more this ass-hole speaks, the more I think his Google reputation, is far too high praise for him. Lying about something like this is astonishingly low.
  • StaceyB 2012/02/06 14:34:46
    StaceyB
    +5
    He wants to ban all forms of birth control??!! What year do we live in? I would bet the farm that if he was the one getting pregnant, he would change his tune pretty quickly. KEEP YOUR POLITICS OUT OF MY VAGINA!!
  • Zammo 2012/02/06 14:08:00
    Zammo
    +1
    Keep it up, Rick. You're making Mitt a happy man.
  • Medulla Oblongata 2012/02/06 13:56:42
    Medulla Oblongata
    +3
    Dumbass.
  • oros 2012/02/06 10:42:45
    oros
    +5
    Good Grief!
    Peanuts
    +3
    Santorum is an ASS.

These republican politicians seem to be more interested in what a woman is doing with HER OWN crotch than fixing the REAL problems!
  • Pam 2012/02/06 07:49:06
    Pam
    +6
    Yeah that is a big thing they put on billboards around here "Please Mommy don't kill me and give yourself breast cancer" or some crap like that. Anti-choice fanatics will say anything to try and repeal Roe V. Wade and force women into the back alleys again.
  • Lady Wh... Pam 2012/02/06 10:04:42
    +1
    agreed
  • elijahin24 Pam 2012/02/06 17:26:16
    elijahin24
    You must live in the Lou. I've seen that billboard. I cringe every time I see it.
  • Pam elijahin24 2012/02/07 19:45:22
    Pam
    Exactomundo!
  • elijahin24 Pam 2012/02/07 19:48:03
    elijahin24
    Lindbergh, and I-55, or is there another one?
  • Pam elijahin24 2012/02/07 19:51:33
    Pam
    Thats the one, if you want to see worse, keep going down 55 toward Cape, that's Rush Limbaugh country, they actually have a "graveyard" of little white crosses for all the abortions that are done.
  • elijahin24 Pam 2012/02/07 20:57:14
    elijahin24
    I grew up in southern Indiana. I saw that idiocy all the time. Honestly, I don't mind those as much. It's cheap, but if they honestly see abortion as murder, it sticks on topic. But to use a scare tactic, that is just an all-out lie; is enraging to me. Do you know, what their justification for the claim is?
  • Pam elijahin24 2012/02/10 10:42:59
    Pam
    There was a study done that found a correlation between abortion and breast cancer, it was a little far fetched but the anti choice movement ran with it. I havent read the study for a long time, but I'm going to Google it as soon as I get off here.
  • elijahin24 Pam 2012/02/10 21:05:12
    elijahin24
    As it was explained to me: there is a study that SUGGESTS, not proves, but suggests an inverse relationship between breast-cancer, and breast feeding. If a woman aborts her "baby", she won't be breast-feeding; and therefore won't be reducing the risk. That's it.
    By this logic, they should be telling high school kids that they should be having babies in order to reduce their breast cacncer risk. Idiots.
  • A Founding Father 2012/02/06 06:04:44 (edited)
    A Founding Father
    +6
    It is rather amazing that one so grossly ignorant and unable to hide it can actually be a candidate for a public office, much less the office of POTUS. How can anyone support
    this man in his misguided efforts that are so obviously destined for failure? Like Donald Trump, Sarah Palin, Rick Perry, and Herman Cain, he is just being used by the media to fill endless hours of broadcast that must have pictures and stories between commercials. Soooo sick and sad.
    +5
    This guy is as nutty as the nut cases he gets his copy from.
  • Níl mé leat 2012/02/06 05:37:22
    Níl mé leat
    +4
    What the f*ck! Is he for real?
  • Curmudgeon 2012/02/06 04:35:29
    Curmudgeon
    +5
    Statements like this make me wonder how he remembers to breathe, maybe he should simply drop out of the race and focus on his daughter's health issues?
  • Beautiful_Syn 2012/02/06 03:52:55
    Beautiful_Syn
    +5
    If you put two things together that people dislike in this case being abortion and breast cancer, you have wackos like Rick Santorum believing in the fact that he actually knows what he is talking about.
  • NatAlex23 2012/02/06 03:41:57
    NatAlex23
    +7
  • Lady Wh... NatAlex23 2012/02/06 10:05:30
    +1
    agreed!
  • Andy 2012/02/06 03:29:19
    Andy
    +1
    I have liked the guy for quite a while... this statement is a bit concerning!!
  • Karl Marx Andy 2012/02/06 03:31:32
    Karl Marx
    +3
    What's more concerning is the fact that you liked the guy before.
  • Andy Karl Marx 2012/02/06 03:42:28 (edited)
    Andy
    +1
    I appreciate his stance on Right to Life and Family issues... this though is a bit over the top!!
  • Beautif... Andy 2012/02/06 03:54:37 (edited)
    Beautiful_Syn
    +5
    You do know that this man you like for Family issues is the same man who on national television said that he resisted loving his youngest daughter because she is handicapped so that when she died it would hurt less to lose her yet now since she is sick he is pandering to the voters about how emotional it is to be a parent of a child with a handicap and how much he loves her.
  • Andy Beautif... 2012/02/06 03:55:41
    Andy
    I had not heard that one... I will investigate
  • Beautif... Andy 2012/02/06 03:59:03
    Beautiful_Syn
    It was from either a 2008 or 2009 interview possibly early 2010 though...it is on youtube.
  • elijahin24 Andy 2012/02/06 17:30:07
    elijahin24
    I'll let Camron handle the concern over your having liked him before. Here's my thing: I think the anti-abortion position, though wrong, is a legitimate opinion. But do you understand that every time a guy like Santorum says something like this, or every time a Scott Roeder shoots an abortion provider in the head; it makes ALL of you look like fanatics? These guys make YOU look extreme. Why is it that the rational people who hold your position, don't call these guys out for the liars, and fear-mongers that they are? Every time Santorum opens his mouth, someone writes a check to Planned Parenthood. They're hurting YOUR cause. There is a reasonable debate to be had on this issue, and I think there is even common ground to be found, but you guys are letting the inmates run the asylum; and as long as that is the case, you will NEVER reduce the number of abortions taking place.
  • Andy elijahin24 2012/02/07 17:03:35
    Andy
    You are correct...there is never a place for EXTREMISM... whatever the issue, as they become blinded to their thought process, and can't see the other side. I look for the other side... while I may not agree, I will still give an Ear to the situation.
  • elijahin24 Andy 2012/02/07 19:41:38
    elijahin24
    People like you, need to get ahold of the reigns of your side. My mother, who was about as anti-abortion as anyone I've ever met, now considers herself pro-choice, because she feels that our side is doing more to prevent abortion, than the "pro-lifers". I really hope that happens. There are a lot of things our two sides can do, if people like Santorum and Ann Coulter would stop demonizing us.
  • santanasmooth 2012/02/06 03:24:59 (edited)
    santanasmooth
    +5
    Rick is sorrily misinformed on this issue , but that is true everything he says.
  • flrdsgns 2012/02/06 03:22:46
    flrdsgns
    +4
    As obsessed as Santorum is with gays, I think he is probably a closet homosexual.
  • A Found... flrdsgns 2012/02/06 06:10:40
    A Founding Father
    +1
    He is an identical personality and face to the "trainer" at my health club that is known to be a raving sex addict for all the gay men there. Sometimes I think they must be one and the same person, or at least twins, Makes me mistrust the trainer even more.
  • Idiot repubs 2012/02/06 03:16:47
    Idiot repubs
    +7
    The biggest lie in the anti-abortion book of lies.
  • Lady Wh... Idiot r... 2012/02/06 10:06:22
    +2
    agreed

2014/04/23 16:57:59