Rick Santorum Ends His Campaign: Were You Rooting for Him?

Politics 2012/04/10 18:47:52
We're just seven months away from the 2012 election, and until now the Republican primary has still been a variable. Now Rick Santorum, the only other candidate capable of winning the nomination (though it would have taken a miracle), pulled the plug on his candidacy, essentially handing the nomination over to Mitt Romney. He made the announcement in Gettysburg, PA, on Tuesday.

During a news conference, Santorum said "I met a lot of folks I will never forget ... I want to thank all of you for what you have given ... which is a voice to those who, in many cases, are voiceless ... Against all odds, we won 11 states, millions of votes ..." But then Santorum went on to deliver the bad news to his supporters. "We made a decision over the weekend that, well, this presidential race is over for me, and we will suspend our campaign effective today." Still, Santorum maintains that he's "not done fighting" and he will "continue to fight for those voices." Were you rooting for Rick Santorum in the upcoming 2012 presidential election?

Read More: http://www.sodahead.com/survey/featured/2012-elect...

• Sheila Simeon~... 2012/04/11 14:09:02
    Sheila
    Funny how THIS response seems well thought out and makes sense. I don't agree with it any more than the last one, but this one makes you look intelligent as opposed to the last one!! Stay with this style and you will be taken seroiusly as an adult not pooh-poohed off as a foulmouthed child!!!
  • Sheila Space I... 2012/04/11 14:07:23
    Sheila
    LOL, and most do...have you noticed?
  • Sheila Simeon~... 2012/04/11 14:26:35
    Sheila
    I did. You got my point. Dear.
  • Bibliop... Sheila 2012/04/10 20:09:37
    Bibliophilic
    +5
    A heart-felt response to Santorum's 4uck3ry does not require grammatical correctness!
  • Sheila Bibliop... 2012/04/11 14:10:02
    Sheila
    Garmmer had nothing to do with my response to his post and if you are who your screen name says you are then you should understand my comment.
  • Melizmatic Simeon~... 2012/04/10 20:20:24
  • Bibliop... Melizmatic 2012/04/10 22:49:55
  • the fuze 2012/04/10 19:45:37
    the fuze
    +3
    Still rooting for him, whatever his endeavors are.
  • in vino veritas 2012/04/10 19:45:33
  • Concerned Citizen 2012/04/10 19:43:40
    Concerned Citizen
    +3
    Regret seeing him drop out.
  • FatherL... Concern... 2012/04/10 19:50:31
    FatherLiberty
    What about Santorum did you like? Your SodaHead name says you are "Conservative". So, how does a conservative like Santorum?
  • Concern... FatherL... 2012/04/10 22:14:47
    Concerned Citizen
    I just like him for what I find to be his conservative views and Christian beliefs,.....hope it's ok with you. .
  • FatherL... Concern... 2012/04/10 23:15:24 (edited)
    FatherLiberty
    Yes, you are entitled to any belief and opinion you want. I was asking specifically what makes Santorum conservative in your opinion? I ask because I dont see him as being very conservative, or having a record that holds up to traditional conservative principles. But then again, most of the people who call themselves conservative are not in my opinion. Also, it is fine that you have Christian beliefs, but will you support someone because of their religion, or for their strict adherence to the Constitutional law (that we are losing) of our republic, which also demands the seperation of Church and State.
  • Morrison FatherL... 2012/04/10 23:36:07
    Morrison
    Christian Dominionists have been engaged in history revisionism for a long time now, and part of that march of lies is to insist that separation of church and state doesn't and has never really existed, and that the FF''s were born again Christians trying to set up a new Theocracy on this continent. Oh and that children shared picnics with dinosaurs. Things like that. They are Americas walking joke.
  • FatherL... Morrison 2012/04/10 23:45:33
    FatherLiberty
    They dont claim chidren shared picnics with dinosaurs, they claim that dinosaur fossils were put here by God to test their faith.

• Morrison FatherL... 2012/04/10 23:58:32
    Morrison
    Yes, some do say that humans and dinosaurs shared the planet at one time - but that's not the point - religious people all over the world believe in some of the most ridiculous things humans can imagine. That's nothing new. The concern is that they gain positions of leadership and fundamentally damage our nation. There are many places in the middle east and Asia where Theocracy chokeholds a nation. Fundamentalism, regardless of what religious affiliation, is a mental disease. You'll never defeat human stupidity, but they must be marginalized and mocked where appropriate. To put it simply, people who believe the return of Yahweh, or Allah, or Vishnu or (fill in the blank god) is almost here and immenent destruction prophesied and unavoidable, should NEVER be leaders of nations
  • FatherL... Morrison 2012/04/11 02:17:15
    FatherLiberty
    +1
    I agree.
  • Concern... FatherL... 2012/04/11 12:31:06
    Concerned Citizen
    ....and just what are you sir? Your own profile information is void of so much. Never be ashamed to state your own beliefs,.....as folks like me have no idea where folks like you are coming from.

Santorum to me is just a middle of the road American who has worked his way up to where he is now,....and is also in my eyes a devout Christian. Someone who would be good to lead a country that (whether you like it or not) was founded under the same fundamentals the he still respects.
  • Ferηαηdo 夢 2012/04/10 19:42:30 (edited)
    Ferηαηdo 夢
    +11
    I wish his daughter the best in her health but good riddance to his candidacy. He is a sexist homophobe and would have been a destructive as president.
  • Max7 2012/04/10 19:42:19
    Max7
    +2
    No I wasn't rooting for him, but I felt that perhaps he was a more logical candidate than any of the other Republican candidates.
  • TheMadChameleon 2012/04/10 19:40:28
    TheMadChameleon
    +3
    Actually, after Bachmann dropped out, he became the one who I supported the least. I don't like Romney terribly much, but after Huntsman was gone he was the best of the Republicans. Good that he ended it.
  • zero resistance 2012/04/10 19:40:14 (edited)
    zero resistance
    +6
    Here's hoping Romney and Gingrich drop out next.
    ron paul 2012
  • TimothyBrianFoley 2012/04/10 19:39:50
    TimothyBrianFoley
    unless the pron industry wants to complain they are happy wank out santorum wank out santorum
    who did he got angry here better take care of his daughter so she isn't a victim of death and don't bully porn stars they are just doing their jobs.
  • Rick4Ro... Timothy... 2012/04/10 20:12:31
    Rick4Ron - Paul☮2012
    I love prons. Marinated in EVO, garlic, then grilled... Yum!
  • FRED 2012/04/10 19:39:46
    FRED
    +9
    He is full of hate, the hypocrite Gingrich will be next.
  • t.eliot, topbard 2012/04/10 19:37:48
    t.eliot, topbard
    +10
    Hell no! He's a sanctimonious, hypocritical windbag with dangerous and backward ideas rooted in the19th century. Good riddance.
  • Headhun... t.eliot... 2012/04/10 20:09:18
    Headhunter 13
    +3
    You give him to much credit. He is rooted in the Dark Ages. The 19th century was way too enlightened for him
  • Jordan 2012/04/10 19:36:52
    Jordan
    +5
    He's an ass, just a few more to drop out and it's over. Another right-wing idiot bites the dust.
  • Fred Jordan 2012/04/10 20:19:59
    Fred
    +1
    And in November your left wing freak Obama will be through and it will be about time for the no talent socialist...LAND SLIDE BABY
  • mich52 2012/04/10 19:33:55
  • Fred mich52 2012/04/10 20:18:01
    Fred
    +1
    Well looks like the libs are flying above .... round and round till the can land and spread their hate . They fear us Christians so much they have to take shots at every turn.
  • mich52 Fred 2012/04/10 20:54:51
  • Fred mich52 2012/04/10 20:59:44
    Fred
    +1
    playing the old Lame, very lame card ...... lol
  • Morrison Fred 2012/04/11 02:34:52
    Morrison
    +1
    Fear? Not at all. They are being mocked. Why? Because we live in a country where we are free. America is not a Theocracy and Christians or Islamists or any other supernatural worshipping group of people don't to get legislate religion and morality code. You are perfectly free to worship JC, Allah, Satan, the Sun or the alien you think lives in your underwear drawer if you want - people died for that freedom. But you don't get to use your religion to construct and enforce law. There are already a handful of countries in the East and the Middle East that govern this way - they'd love to have you Fred if a Theocracy appeals to you.
  • Fred Morrison 2012/04/11 13:46:28
    Fred
    Where did I say that the goverment has to be a theocracy. Have never said that and will never say that. I believe in the seperation of church and state. But every day I come on here some non christian wether agnostic or atheist whatever they chose to call themselves is attacking christians .... why? Could it be fear ... maybe not but why do you feel it nessacry to attack a person for his/her faith. There has never been an American president that made everyone be christian and the whole idea is that people of all faiths have the right to practice their faith wether a believer or non believer. Why do so many no believers feel like that have to attack christians constantly ... just gets a little old. Over the last few years the govermant has attacked organized faiths. If the goverment came out and said that everyone had to be christian .... I would be the first to speak out to defend anyone that choses not to be a believer in Christ.... why because if the goverment can make other have to be christians , they then have the power to punish me for my faith
  • Morrison Fred 2012/04/11 15:55:20 (edited)
    Morrison
    I was referring directly to Santorum and his Theocratic views, not yours. Santorum was very open about his desire to legislate his own religious views into law. Secondly, this "attacking" cry is what is getting old. Any criticism of your faith at all is met with wailing and gnashing of teeth and its a joke to non-Christians. This country is the most favorable and easiest place on earth to be a Christain. Your President and the majority of Congress are all Christians. In many parts of this country you could randomly stop people and they declare their Christianity. It is literally *impossible* to be President in America if you are not a Christian. Impossible. Your government is not, not has it ever attacked your faith. It's simply that when the government upholds a law that conflicts with your particular brand of supernatural, you call it an attack. I've been fortunate in my life to do quite a bit of traveling, and I can assure you - there are places on this globe where your faith is *actually* attacked and it's dangerous to be a Christian (or any other of the worlds religions not sanctioned by the local government) Christians living and dying in those conditions laugh at American Christians and their whining about faith in America. On a simple trip to the store, I pass T...
    I was referring directly to Santorum and his Theocratic views, not yours. Santorum was very open about his desire to legislate his own religious views into law. Secondly, this "attacking" cry is what is getting old. Any criticism of your faith at all is met with wailing and gnashing of teeth and its a joke to non-Christians. This country is the most favorable and easiest place on earth to be a Christain. Your President and the majority of Congress are all Christians. In many parts of this country you could randomly stop people and they declare their Christianity. It is literally *impossible* to be President in America if you are not a Christian. Impossible. Your government is not, not has it ever attacked your faith. It's simply that when the government upholds a law that conflicts with your particular brand of supernatural, you call it an attack. I've been fortunate in my life to do quite a bit of traveling, and I can assure you - there are places on this globe where your faith is *actually* attacked and it's dangerous to be a Christian (or any other of the worlds religions not sanctioned by the local government) Christians living and dying in those conditions laugh at American Christians and their whining about faith in America. On a simple trip to the store, I pass THREE Christian churches complete with their dogma message of the week on the big sign. I have at least eight 24-hour Christian only TV stations constantly broadcasting their perspective. There is not ONE single other religion that has its own channel - and there are hundreds upon hundreds of religions and gods worshipped on our planet. Attacked? Get some perspective Fred.
  • Fred Morrison 2012/04/11 17:00:07
    Fred
    So now your coming on here and telling me that Im not being attacked ...is that not something for me to determine. And for the christian TV stations ...its alright you can change the channel or delete the chanel the pope isnt going to send the papel police. Yes you are correct Im sure it is impossible to be elected in the united states with out a christian back ground. And yes I have been to all parts of the United States and no one ever check for for religious card. Im sorry about the churches you have to pass on the way around town but Im sure your not the only one in town. Here in the Dallas Ft Worth are we have a Muslim station that plays services that I have flipped to and thats alright. Im sure they would have an atheist service ... but what would they talk about.

I have problems with people complaining about crosses or other religious things being in grave yards or monuments . When people complain about the Ten Commandments posted on a wall in the Texas supreme court. How do these things hurt anyone . Why would anyone care ...the fact that you refer to a religon as dogma and Im not gnashing my teeth . It just gets old to watch TV and listen to people like Letterman , Colbert and that putz Jon Stewert ripping Christianity and conservatives and claim it in the name of c...

I have problems with people complaining about crosses or other religious things being in grave yards or monuments . When people complain about the Ten Commandments posted on a wall in the Texas supreme court. How do these things hurt anyone . Why would anyone care ...the fact that you refer to a religon as dogma and Im not gnashing my teeth . It just gets old to watch TV and listen to people like Letterman , Colbert and that putz Jon Stewert ripping Christianity and conservatives and claim it in the name of comedy. How Sarah Palin is ridiculed for a comment made by the women from SNL saying that she knows about Russia cause she can see it from Alaska. Sarah Palin never said such a thing .... yet most liberal these day get the news from so called comedy shows credit Sarah Palin as saying that ridiculouis comment

I am not a holy roller and I will not be talking about my faith with starngers. Im not gonna be on the street corner shouting my christian values at anyone. And as I said before that if religon was ever forced on you ... I would say 95% of christians would be there to defend your rights. But please Im tired of hearing the stupid chants coming from the left that we christians are all out to turn you into good little chosen ones. And for the Westboro Baptist church ... their just crazy
  • Tink123 2012/04/10 19:33:36
    Tink123
    +3
    I wouldn't vote before I would cast a vote for Santorum. But that's just me.
  • Rave 2012/04/10 19:32:33
    Rave
    +10
    He openly oppressed freedom, many times stated that he believed a "collective good" was better than an independent good, he believed the government had a right to dictate other people's morals and be in their business, because he believed the government knows what is best for society, and therefore your private rights don't matter if they don't fall into what the government believes is best for society.
  • Morrison Rave 2012/04/11 03:36:49
    Morrison
    Excellent post. If only the blind would see. Now *that* would actually BE a miracle.

2014/11/27 06:43:01