Rick Santorum Ends His Campaign: Were You Rooting for Him?

Politics 2012/04/10 18:47:52
We're just seven months away from the 2012 election, and until now the Republican primary has still been a variable. Now Rick Santorum, the only other candidate capable of winning the nomination (though it would have taken a miracle), pulled the plug on his candidacy, essentially handing the nomination over to Mitt Romney. He made the announcement in Gettysburg, PA, on Tuesday.

During a news conference, Santorum said "I met a lot of folks I will never forget ... I want to thank all of you for what you have given ... which is a voice to those who, in many cases, are voiceless ... Against all odds, we won 11 states, millions of votes ..." But then Santorum went on to deliver the bad news to his supporters. "We made a decision over the weekend that, well, this presidential race is over for me, and we will suspend our campaign effective today." Still, Santorum maintains that he's "not done fighting" and he will "continue to fight for those voices." Were you rooting for Rick Santorum in the upcoming 2012 presidential election?

Read More: http://www.sodahead.com/survey/featured/2012-elect...

• KateLenn 2012/05/06 16:17:03
    KateLenn
    Separation of Church and State.
    That and the women should stay at home and let their men support them…
    While they stay barefoot and pregnant.
    Yep, preacher men should stay in church and not politics.
  • Joseph Atticus 2012/04/17 03:58:19
  • Michaelene 2012/04/17 00:10:19
    Michaelene
    As a PA resident I looked forward to voting against Santorum again!
    As an American I look forward to voting against Obama again!
  • Evolvedtg 2012/04/16 18:52:13
    Evolvedtg
    Never a fan of the Religious Reicht, just another cult with just as rabid cult following. Dead behind the eyes lunatics. Scary just how far they got, though. Gloves off.
  • Karl 2012/04/16 07:00:27
    Karl
    Sigh, poor Jon Stewart.
  • SundayStoleYourCookieDough 2012/04/15 18:21:08 (edited)
    SundayStoleYourCookieDough
    Thank Polokus. x.x Guy's a nutcase

EDIT: Meant to say no ;A;
  • apaтнeтιc lycanтнrope 2012/04/14 20:24:02
    apaтнeтιc lycanтнrope
    Lol, no. Mofo be cray-cray.
  • JimTheGeek 2012/04/12 15:55:04
    JimTheGeek
    +2
    Like I'd root for a root canal. Like I'd root for a pile of sh*t. Like I'd root for an IED.
  • mae 2012/04/12 07:31:11
    mae
    He gave it his best shot. Maybe next time. He had a lot on his plate, I think he made the best decision.
  • my2cents mae 2012/04/14 01:58:09
    my2cents
    +2
    And most of what Rick had on his plate HE put there.
  • No
    Яᴇv☠Doɴɴγ☠Dooᴍ☠Aɢɴosᴛɪc
    +4
    I've never been a big fan on people who would if given to chance impose their religious beliefs on me. ive fan people chance impose religious beliefs
  • juice 2012/04/12 04:34:10
    juice
    It seems to me that conservatives have been unable to face the truth about the republican party being in the pocket of the 1% and that if your a blue collar worker that supports their platform your cutting your own throat when you vote there conservative values or they have short memories about those conservative values driving wallstreet bailouts and driving the economey into recession.They seem to discount the fact that it was a republican administration that also was resposible for the 1929 recession and a democrate administration that instituted reforms that brought us out of that recession?????.
  • Evolvedtg juice 2012/04/16 18:55:29
    Evolvedtg
    It was crap served up to the masses with a big cross and hallelujah on it, which blinded them all to the fact that, after elected, it's business as usual, sleeping with the 1%. They never realize that they're being used because they're raised to be sheep.
  • James 2012/04/12 02:54:02
    James
    1 nitwit gone, 1 nitwit to go then it will be Ron Paul vs. Mitt Romney at the convention...woo hoo!!! :-p
  • Deb Thiessen 2012/04/12 01:36:22
    Deb Thiessen
    +2
    Santorum thinks everyone should believe what he believes. As a President he would have been horrible and taken America backwards. He wants to turn back the clock and have women be barefoot, pregnant and in the kitchen, and subservient to men. He thinks that women who have been raped should carry the pregnancy to term. I think that every woman forced to carry a pregnancy to term no matter what the circumstances, should all send their babies to him and ask him to take care of them, feed them, clothe them, pay for their keep, etc. Okay, I'll stop. I'm just glad he bowed out. The world does not need yet another narrow-minded religious zealot for a leader.
  • Evolvedtg Deb Thi... 2012/04/16 18:56:47
    Evolvedtg
    Santorum should have been forced to carry out his candidacy to full term instead of aborting. after all, his thought that he could be president was conceived long before.
  • moshe 2012/04/11 23:37:13
    moshe
    I believe there are still two viable candidates for President Newt Gingrich and Ron Paul who are more worthy of the nomination than Mitt Romney former Governor of Mass. His time as Governor troubles me and I don't really know where he really stands on the issues. I was rooting for Santorum but now I probably will support Newt Gingrich. Personally I would like to see a hung convention and someone nominated that is worthy but not an ego-maniac to be President like President Obama and Mitt Romney are. Someone like George Washington that had public service thrust upon him by the American people without running for office.
  • ..::loc... moshe 2012/04/12 00:54:42
    ..::localeye::..
    +2
    I agree with you thoughts on Ron Paul being a more viable candidate then Romney its just a shame he would never get the nomination. Ron Paul is the only Republican (at this point) that would get my vote.
  • moshe ..::loc... 2012/04/12 01:40:04
    moshe
    Have you voted yet in your primary? If not go vote your conscience and lets have a brokered convention where the delegates look for an alternative to Mitt Romney or anyone running.
  • ..::loc... moshe 2012/04/12 01:41:15 (edited)
    ..::localeye::..
    I live in PA...not until the 24th and I am a Democrat. I changed from the Republican party in 2005.
  • moshe ..::loc... 2012/04/12 01:48:10
    moshe
    I was a Democrat in Scranton and Philadelphia too when I lived there but a pro-life one like the Govenor Casy and his son now a Senator. I know you have to declare your party there which I decided as an independent conservative was for local elections Democrat.
  • jas wats 2012/04/11 22:29:18
    jas wats
    +4
    As a socially liberal conservative, I could not support his religious zealotry.
  • Merry 2012/04/11 19:39:53
    Merry
    +5
    But I am pissed that he dropped out. If Santorum is no longer relevant, how will I make fun of American politics? What will I have to talk about? Mitt Romney's not even funny!

Damn you, Santorum. Even when you do something good I still hate you for it.
  • mm61675 Merry 2012/04/13 04:16:56
    mm61675
    +1
    Rommney's wife says some stupid stuff. I get a chuckle out of her.
  • Donna 2012/04/11 19:34:29
    Donna
    He would make a terrible President!
  • graceishere 2012/04/11 17:46:31
    graceishere
    Santorum's record is dismal. He pretended to befriend the Tea Party when he couldn't stand what they stood for. Newt is the only one I've wanted in there since Herman Cain dropped out. Since then, I've strengthened my support for Newt in every way. He is the only one who can face off with Obama and beat him. Santorum sold out conservatives years ago. Newt's record is one of saving this country from debt, and of a Revolution that brought us back from the brink. He is a proven warrior, and he has my back.
  • 13_JunkyardDog 2012/04/11 17:42:18
    13_JunkyardDog
    +1
    Hell no
  • Bronar 2012/04/11 17:36:57
    Bronar
    +1
    The guy is against recreational sex. He's a loon. Ten to one he dropped out now because he knew he would lose his own state (where he got voted out once before).
  • moshe Bronar 2012/04/11 23:45:29
    moshe
    Sounds like you have a sexual addictiuon that is out of control when you base how you vote on this kind of reasoning. Denial, then Anger, then Bargaining, then Acceptance in a good twlve step repentance program to wake you us is what it sounds like you need before you hit bottom or maybe after you hit bottom.
  • Bronar moshe 2012/04/12 08:12:22
    Bronar
    You bet your ass I enjoy sex. Try it sometime.
  • moshe Bronar 2012/04/22 18:11:50
    moshe
    All of us do but there are commandments the Creator put in place for the activity. If you don't follow them the consequences can be very sobering and negative. It is like the laws of gravity they are consequences that are built in. This time it says if you defile the temple of your body that the Creator will bring destruction to that temple, 1Corinthians 5-7.
  • Bronar moshe 2012/04/22 18:17:26
    Bronar
    I don't believe in any sect's writings, Christian, Muslim or other.
  • moshe Bronar 2012/04/22 18:20:29
    moshe
    The evidence in the consequences make it obvious they are not secret writings but facts you choose to ignore to your peril.
  • Bronar moshe 2012/04/22 18:22:37
    Bronar
    Approaching 50 and no peril yet, just a loving family and healthy relationships.
  • moshe Bronar 2012/04/22 18:32:16
    moshe
    Must not have followed the wrong path in your choices then. Commited relationships with the opposite sex no doubt lead to the right consequences. I'm 51 and have good relationships because I changed some things I was doing that did not lead to good consequences. The Creator built in certain consequneces but he is long suffering and warns us. Lots of us will never get what we deserve in this life, while others because the consequences are slow in coming think they won't suffer them. Others see small things leading to those consequneces and change. I am a sinner and only by grace and correction of my behavior have I not suffered worse consequences.
  • Evolvedtg moshe 2012/04/16 18:58:31
    Evolvedtg
    You sound insane.
  • moshe Evolvedtg 2012/04/22 18:21:42
    moshe
    Insane is not what I am but I have come to expect that reaction. You are not logical enough to show me how I am insane.
  • Evolvedtg moshe 2012/04/26 01:27:54
    Evolvedtg
    Just sayin, you are both babbling and showing magical thinking. In my book, that means loony tunes. That's what ended it for Santorum, too. He is a brainwashed cultist. So are you and your creator. Down with religion.
  • moshe Evolvedtg 2012/04/27 11:33:11
    moshe
    One day you will face the Creator and it will be you that is fooled.
  • Chelsea 2012/04/11 17:01:34
    Chelsea
    +1
    I predict Mitt Romney will lose in the event he is the Republican party's candidate. There will be four more nation destroying years of Obama. The worse is yet to come.

2014/12/21 22:21:30