Rick Perry King of Porn? Say it aint so!

\V/ 2011/08/17 10:00:55
EXPOSED: Governor Rick Perry’s Porno Profits; the Devil’s in the Details.

Conservative Texas Governor Rick Perry’s Hypocritically Invested in Nation’s Largest Pornography Distributor.

Austin, TX—Via his campaign’s website, Governor Perry criticizes his
opponent—Carole Strayhorn—claiming she, “is sadly not above exploiting
child tragedies … What a despicable thing to do.” FN1. Despicable
indeed. Yet, as a private citizen, Perry has profited from his
investments in Movie Gallery, Inc—America’s largest pornography
distributor—a company that profits from exploitation and violence
against women. FN2.

When running for Lieutenant Governor, Rick Perry combined his publicly
traded stocks into a blind trust—Perry Blind Trust, Inc. FN3. Thus,
Perry’s subsequent Personal Financial Statements reveal little about his
stock holdings. FN4. However, Perry’s 1995 Personal Financial
Statement—the final revealing record of Perry’s assets—shows that he
invested in thirty-two stocks, including Movie Gallery, Inc. FN5.
While the precise amount of the investment is not revealed, Perry listed
the stock in category “B”—meaning that the stock was worth between five
and ten thousand dollars. FN6. Most of Perry’s stock fell into the
class “B” category. FN7

Based in Dothan, Alabama, Movie Gallery boasts being the second largest
North American home-entertainment specialty retailer after Blockbuster;
Movie Gallery has more than 4700 stores located in all fifty states,
Mexico, and Canada. FN8. Movie Gallery is also both the largest
distributor of pornography in America and the only major retail chain to
sell pornography in its flagship stores. FN9.

As reported in Forbes, Movie Gallery possesses a winning business model,
which has allowed it to acquire the much-larger franchise Hollywood
Video. FN10. Forbes reports that pornography increases Movie Gallery’s
profits enough to lowball the prices on regular, non-pornographic
rentals. FN11. Pornography is a unique product that many stores are
reluctant to sell. Movie Gallery’s practices have forced small, locally
owned rental chains out of business. FN12.

Zealously boycotted by the conservative, two-million-strong American
Family Association (AFA), Movie Gallery faces two lawsuits because of
its allegedly illegal business practices. FN13. Smaller competing
video stores claim that Movie Gallery illegally distributes porn across
state lines. FN14. Movie Gallery’s Interim Chief Financial Officer,
Thomas D. Johnson, Jr., described these lawsuits as “frivolous.” FN15.

Coincidentally, Rick Perry used similar language when signing the
tort-reform bill that limited the liability—thereby increasing
profits—of companies like Movie Gallery. FN16. Perry said the bill
would “remov[e] the incentive for trial lawyers to file frivolous
lawsuits.” FN17. Continuing Perry said, “we will save thousands of
jobs, generate millions in new revenue to the state;” only some of those
jobs come at the price of young girl’s physical and psychological
health. FN18.

The AFA has undertaken a nationwide campaign—advertising in USA Today
and Washington Post—urging government officials to investigate Movie
Gallery. FN19. Many local authorities—like the U.S. Attorney in the
Northern District of Texas—are allegedly dragging their feet. FN20.
With Gov. Perry owning stock in Movie Gallery, his financial interests
contravene the success of any such investigation.

Titles that Gov. Perry helps bring to Texas’ shelves include Teens with
Tits Vol. 1, Teen Power Vol. 4, and Teens Never Say No. FN21. Such
titles serve as political ammunition to his opponents—independents Kinky
Friedman and Carol Keeton Strayhorn. Ironically, the Jewish Friedman
continually caters to religious conservatives by advocating prayer in
school, and Strayhorn has recently criticized the Governor over sexual
abuse in Texas’ foster-care program. FN22. Rick Perry claims to be
“proud of his extensive record as a pro-life, pro-family conservative,”
and revelations about his pornography investments jeopardize crucial
votes for this fall’s election. FN23. Rick Perry has a sizable lead
over his opponents—polling at 38% to Friedman’s 20, Strayhorn’s 19, and
Democrat Christopher Bell’s 14 in the most recent poll. FN24.

While many disagree over society’s correct policy towards pornography,
Perry’s political posturing caters to pornography’s opponents.
Duplicitously, Rick Perry’s supposed politics contravene the interests
of his own pocketbook. There is the Governor who endorses a plan to
monitor sex offenders with satellites; then there is businessman who
enjoys profits by funding such titles as Bisexual Barebacking Vol. 1 and
Big Tit Brotha Lovers 6. FN25. There is the proud husband and father
who announced an award of $7.4 Million to the S.T.O.P. Violence Against
Women Act programs; then there is the man who invested in North
America’s largest pornography distributor. FN26. In the coming weeks,
there will doubtlessly be the ignorant, apologetic Governor, but under
that thin veneer of good hair is the cunning financier who still hides
his assets in a blind trust fund.

governor veneer hair cunning financier hides assets blind trust fund

Read More: http://www.burntorangereport.com/diary/1219/

• DeeB 2011/08/17 10:53:09
    DeeB
    +9
    This doesn't surprise me one bit. It's just another case of a politician saying, do as I say not as I do. It's just like the drug war scam, they bring in the drugs but arrest and jail the people that purchase them. Whatever it takes to make the money.

• Cathy 2011/08/21 14:17:15
    Cathy
    Rick Perry sound like a "devil" in "sheep" clothing to me!
  • Fillmore 2011/08/20 03:18:10
  • Dee 2011/08/20 03:09:20
    Dee
    When there was a Movie Gallery in my town, it was the same as going to Blockbuster. I never saw ANY "porn" in that store. Popular movies and video games and lots of families looking for movies to rent for the weekend.
  • \V/ Dee 2011/08/20 03:42:01
  • Dee \V/ 2011/08/20 03:58:17
    Dee
    No. But living in the same state as Perry, he probably saw the same Movie Gallery's pop up in Austin and thought it would be a good investment. He probably had it in his portfolio and never gave it a thought.
  • \V/ Dee 2011/08/20 04:12:45
  • Dee \V/ 2011/08/20 04:33:33
    Dee
    I thinks it's quite disingenous of you to say Perry belongs to this "cult" with no proof to back it up and also to bring up some shares of stock Perry owned in 1995.

He's been on the scene for only a week and already you start the mudslinging. What is it about Perry that makes you quake in your boots? Are you afraid he can beat Obama?
  • \V/ Dee 2011/08/20 16:31:27
  • Dee \V/ 2011/08/20 16:57:14
  • \V/ Dee 2011/08/20 17:49:05
  • Dee \V/ 2011/08/20 17:55:45
    Dee
    I don't listen to this network, so I am unaware of it. He said he would support it, not do it. Do you know when Perry made that statement?
  • Dee Dee 2011/08/20 18:24:43
    Dee
    This is what Perry actually said. Yahoo took "journalistic license" with the actual quote:

" But I do respect a state's right to have a different opinion and take a different tact if you will, California did that. I respect that right, but our founding fathers also said, 'listen, if you all in the future think things are so important that you need to change the constitution here's the way you do it'. It takes three quarters of the states deciding that this is important, it goes forward and it becomes an amendment to the United States Constitution. I support that for issues that are so important, I think, to the soul of this country and to the traditional values which our founding fathers, on the issue of traditional marriage I support the federal marriage amendment. And I also support the same with the issue of abortion, and I also support that same process for a balanced budget amendment to the United States Constitution so Washington will finally get the message of 'hey, quit spending all the money and quit mortgaging our kids future'. So, those are not incompatible, they're actually what our Founding Fathers meant for this country to do. There were a few things, enumerated powers in the constitution. The Tenth Amendment says that the powers not delegated to the United Sta...

" But I do respect a state's right to have a different opinion and take a different tact if you will, California did that. I respect that right, but our founding fathers also said, 'listen, if you all in the future think things are so important that you need to change the constitution here's the way you do it'. It takes three quarters of the states deciding that this is important, it goes forward and it becomes an amendment to the United States Constitution. I support that for issues that are so important, I think, to the soul of this country and to the traditional values which our founding fathers, on the issue of traditional marriage I support the federal marriage amendment. And I also support the same with the issue of abortion, and I also support that same process for a balanced budget amendment to the United States Constitution so Washington will finally get the message of 'hey, quit spending all the money and quit mortgaging our kids future'. So, those are not incompatible, they're actually what our Founding Fathers meant for this country to do. There were a few things, enumerated powers in the constitution. The Tenth Amendment says that the powers not delegated to the United States nor prohibited to it by the state are reserved for the states respectively or to the people. It's so eloquent, it's so simple. The federal government was created by the states to be an agent for the states not the other way around and we've really gotten away from that. I suggest, and I hope that we can have this kind of lengthy conversation over the next 17, 18 months that wouldn't America be stronger economically if we removed all those strings that have been attached to everything. Things like, whether it's our EPA regulations, or whether it's the way we deliver health care or what the heck business is it of federal government to tell us how to educate our kids. Remove all these strings and really let these states go out there and be laboratories of innovation."

http://blogs.cbn.com/beltwayb...
  • \V/ Dee 2011/08/20 16:36:22
  • Dee \V/ 2011/08/20 17:10:39
    Dee
    Well, I guess I belong to a cult and didn't realize it. And, I'll go out on a limb and say 99% of the country also belongs to this cult.
  • \V/ Dee 2011/08/20 17:52:24
  • Dee \V/ 2011/08/20 18:32:53
    Dee
    Why would Rumsfeld mention it at all? It makes no sense. BTW, all of the data is backed up every single day and stored off site. Why isn't Jessie talking about that or demanding to see the back-up files? I back up my laptop every now and then, don't you think the government does too?
  • \V/ Dee 2011/08/20 18:48:44
  • Dee \V/ 2011/08/20 18:58:21
    Dee
    What started out as a post about Rick Perry has morphed into 9/11 conspiracy theories. It was fine when we were on topic, but I don't want to play anymore.
  • xscd 2011/08/18 23:56:31 (edited)
    xscd
    +2
    Presidential hopeful Texas governor Rick Perry has more problems than just investment in the porn industry.

HAVE YOU EVER HAD SEX WITH RICK PERRY?

A full-page ad paid for by a supporter of Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul in the Austin Chronicle asks, "Have you ever had sex with Rick Perry?"

The eyebrow-raising message comes less than one week after the Texas governor announced his candidacy for president of the United States. Justin Elliot at Salon calls attention to the ad in the newsweekly and notes that there is no evidence that Perry has engaged in an extramarital affair.

Text in the ad reads, "Are you a stripper, an escort, or just a 'young hottie' impressed by an arrogant, entitled governor of Texas? Contact CASH [Committee Against Sexual Hypocrisy], and we will help you publicize your direct dealings with a Christian-buzzwords-spouting, 'family values' hypocrite and fraud."

The Lone Star State Republican's wife Anita has been spotted by his side on the campaign trail this week.

Earlier this summer before Perry jumped into the GOP primary mix, Politico reported that the Texas governor's camp was prepared to combat unfounded rumors dating back to as early as 2004 that Perry is gay should he run.

Perry himself addressed allegations roughly seven years ago that he and...

HAVE YOU EVER HAD SEX WITH RICK PERRY?

Perry himself addressed allegations roughly seven years ago that he and his wife planned to divorce and that he was gay. He told the Austin American-Statesman at the time that he was being targeted with a "smear campaign" being conducted by his political enemies.

The AP reported in 2004:
    Perry said the rumors "are not correct in any shape, form or fashion. These are irresponsible. They're salacious. They're hurtful to my family." ... "I don't think a rumor can just get to critical mass by itself," Perry said. "I think you have to have a well thought-out, organized effort to disseminate that kind of information and keep it going day after day after day after day."

A message at the bottom of the ad taken out in the Austin Chronicle reads, "Note to gay people. If you know the truth about Rick, please QUIT covering for him."
  • \V/ xscd 2011/08/19 00:31:40
  • Live Free Or Die 2011/08/18 12:52:43
    Live Free Or Die
    +1
    This and the Gardasil vaccine that he tried to push on 11 year old girls in Texas as a mandate. Yet this man claims to be a man of God. He really is the devil in disguise. Beware, that's all I have to say.
  • \V/ Live Fr... 2011/08/18 15:09:17
  • Live Fr... \V/ 2011/08/18 15:10:19
    Live Free Or Die
    You're welcome.
  • jumpboots 187th PIR 2011/08/17 23:23:50
    jumpboots 187th PIR
    The fear of PERRY..........Rember when you were a kid? Some of the saying....Call me this and call me that!!!But call yourself a dirty rat... This is what is going on today... Anyone who is a threat to obungle's,will come under their attack....Get with with it please.
  • \V/ jumpboo... 2011/08/18 03:10:28
  • jumpboo... \V/ 2011/08/18 03:35:12
    jumpboots 187th PIR
    I'll be backing him.. ill backing texas state flag
  • atmer jumpboo... 2011/08/18 07:47:28
    atmer
    +2
    Of course you will, as will most redneck fools who believe any tripe fed to them by Faux and LIEmbaugh. It's a damn shame that YOU and other brainless bufoons have the right to vote. The pole tax should be reinstated for the good of America and to weed out ignorant traitors from Texas and other 'states' that hate our Country.
  • jumpboo... atmer 2011/08/18 19:20:26
    jumpboots 187th PIR
    Hey! Unconscious;Here is a picture of you're hope. hey unconscioushere picture hope
  • atmer jumpboo... 2011/08/19 12:52:11
    atmer
    Ahhh... showing your stupidity. Anyone can post a BS picture. I see that YOU, like most RWAHs can't debate the facts so you move right on to silly crap that you think insults your opponent. Instead it shows just how week minded you are... but that's typical of RWAHs.
  • \V/ atmer 2011/08/19 14:46:05
  • jumpboo... atmer 2011/08/19 18:53:20
    jumpboots 187th PIR
    When ignorant people like you,call me a red neck and other names. The only answer I can give you is the same..liberals can only name call,no facts,just lies... Pointless to debate someone as stupid as you... END:::::Don't call me
    I'll call you.
  • atmer jumpboo... 2011/08/18 07:44:20
    atmer
    Do your own research if you have a problem with the source. From everything I've heard, Perry is the moronic clone of Shrub... and the WORLD can't handle that! BTW... it's PRESIDENT Obama.
  • Brosia 2011/08/17 19:58:21
    Brosia
    +2
    Funny, funny, but not really surprising.
  • Racefish 2011/08/17 17:00:35
    Racefish
    +1
    At least he wasn't running a gay house of ill repute out of his basement.
  • \V/ Racefish 2011/08/17 17:10:45
  • dancer \V/ 2011/08/17 18:52:06
    dancer
    +5
    You folks are talking like none of that ever happened... and it should have got them both impeached and imprisoned!!

I still can't believe how the GOP was able to have their constituents refuse to acknowledge both scandals, which went public and/or simply choose not to know both Bushes were doing men and boys AFTER it WAS all dragged through court cases and reported in the PRESS for two days before they managed to squelch the media... but we saw it and we talked about it...and there was a TON of evidence in court - victims and witnesses too...!!!!

All your heroes are evil and you refuse to know it. That is called brainwashing.

That's BLIND faith for ya.... keeps you ignorant and unable to see who your real enemies are!
  • DeeB dancer 2011/08/17 20:58:31
    DeeB
    +2
    Oh, I was just replying to you about this on the next page!! LOL! The Bush's are the biggest crime family, or should I say one of them. But these people will never believe the truth, you are right, they are brainwashed. I read another piece about GW, that he raped a black woman and she was pressing charges, and low and behold she was murdered.
  • \V/ dancer 2011/08/18 15:34:51
  • BobJessen \V/ 2011/08/18 14:46:33
    BobJessen
    He Isn't?!
  • dancer Racefish 2011/08/17 18:41:20
    dancer
    +2
    Like Bush jr did at the White House? Remember the whole Jeff Gannon scandal?

And that was after the Franklin scandal linking Bush Sr to torture, mind control experiments and sexual slavery of children IN THE WHITE HOUSE!.

2014/07/23 16:09:22