Richard Lugar goes down. Will other RINOs follow?

Temlakos~POTL~PWCM~JLA~☆ 2012/05/09 18:09:29

The Tea Party is alive and well. Last night they won a singular
victory. Their favorite, Indiana Treasurer Richard Mourdock, beat
long-time Senator Richard Lugar (R-IN). Mourdock thus shows what the Tea
Party is now doing: reforming the Republican Party from within.

Breadth of the Tea Party win

Mourdock won 61 percent of the Republican primary vote, to Lugar’s 39 percent. At once he gave credit
to the Tea Party for his win. Specifically, the Tea Party fielded
“thousands of…volunteers,” who “helped” with his campaign. That, he
said, made the difference between winning and losing.

Lugar, for his part, proved a sore loser. An hour after he conceded defeat, he said his in writing:

If Mr. Mourdock [wins in November], I want him to be a
good senator. But [to do that, he must] revise his stated goal of
bringing more partisanship to Washington. He and I share many positions.
But [he] embrace[s]…an unrelenting partisan mindset. [That] is
irreconcilable with my philosophy of governance and my experience of
what brings results for Hoosiers in the Senate. In effect,… he has
promised reflexive votes for a rejectionist orthodoxy and rigid
opposition to the actions and proposals of the other party. His answer
to the inevitable roadblocks he will [meet] in Congress is merely to
campaign for more Republicans [of like mind]. He has pledged his support
to groups whose prime mission is to cleanse the Republican party of
those who stray from orthodoxy as they see it.

Richard Lugar, the latest RINO ousted by the Tea Party

Senator Richard Lugar (R-IN). Photo: The United States Senate

Lugar can only mean the Tea Party. And Tea Party activists everywhere do not apologize for that. And Tim Stanley of The Daily Telegraph (London, UK) says
they shouldn’t. Stanley is “spot-on” about what the Tea Party stands
for today: reforming the Republican Party, to offer a “real choice” to
the people.

Folks are sick and tired of party candidates saying one
thing during the primary season, another thing during the general
election, and then ignoring both when they get into office. If you pay
good money and spend precious time working to [help elect] a candidate,
shouldn’t you expect to see them do what they promised…? Yet men like
Lugar seemed to regard their local parties as a mix of rubber stamp and
perennial nuisance. The feeling, it turns out, is mutual.

Or, as a Tea Party activist in Indiana told Politico.com:

The message to the establishment is: You’re our servants.
We’re the masters. Do what you’re supposed to do, adhere to the
Constitution or we’ll fire you.

Follow the link to the article to play a video of Mourdock's acceptance speech, and some more interesting quotes.

Read More: http://www.conservativenewsandviews.com/2012/05/09...

Yes. RINO's, your days are numbered.
    +13
    Orrin Hatch, you might as well throw in the towel right now.

The Tea Party are alive and well. And we have had it with your clubbish, never-mind-the-rubes attitude. You have patronized us for the last time.

What the United States Senate needs, is an enema. And it's going to get one.

• voice_matters 2012/05/10 14:59:30
    voice_matters
    +1
    i undersatand that libs think working with the other party is wrong and that is why america will continue it's downward spiral. the divided states of the libs will have it's economy collapse, borders open, unemployment at 50%
  • ordman 2012/05/10 14:58:55
    Yes. RINO's, your days are numbered.
    ordman
    +3
    It’s past time to put RINO’s on the endangered species list with a D.N.R. order.
  • voice_m... ordman 2012/05/10 15:00:13
    voice_matters
    at least we know you are not looking or another reagan.
  • Jimbo ordman 2012/05/10 17:08:07
    Jimbo
    +1
    The brilliant Norquisters in the GOP walked away from a 4-1 spending cut to revenue ratio in the big WH deal last summer. Newsflash, my way or the highway will see sequester cuts (debt extension) of 1 trillion and Dubya tax cuts ending increasing revenue by 4 trillion. That ratio is the opposite for those that cheer on Tea Party nuts in congress. Taxes on the middle and top will be going up in 2013, only a trillion will be cut, your reps have failed you.

• Temlako... Jimbo 2012/05/10 21:14:08
  • Kitt1288 2012/05/10 14:49:17
    Yes. RINO's, your days are numbered.
    Kitt1288
    +3
    The Tea Party has dropped the radical pose to obtain the Constitutionally limited gov't that we all need to have in this country. Working hard to save the country is what they do now.
  • voice_m... Kitt1288 2012/05/10 15:00:55
    voice_matters
    +1
    wokign to destroy america is all they are doing. but seeing they are libs really not a surprise that they will follow the pelosi policy
  • mich52 2012/05/10 14:20:53
  • Temlako... mich52 2012/05/10 21:15:03
    +3
    Your way? No way, Jose! Move over! We're talking over the controls, and will try to pull the aircraft of State out of the crash dive that you threw it into.
  • mich52 Temlako... 2012/05/10 22:39:29
  • Temlako... mich52 2012/05/11 01:22:49
    Throwing off on me, as usual.
  • ronbo 2012/05/10 14:10:09
    ronbo
    +2
    I sure hope so but it,s hard to tell if this is an isolated event or the start of something big. I,d like to see more of the RINOs leave. They vote half the time with the Democrats and don,t stand on any principles.
  • voice_m... ronbo 2012/05/10 15:01:50
    voice_matters
    can you tell me why you think workign with the other party is wrong?
  • Temlako... voice_m... 2012/05/10 21:15:30
    +3
    Because the way of the other party is disaster!
  • Diane Spraggs Yates 2012/05/10 14:09:18
    Yes. RINO's, your days are numbered.
    Diane Spraggs Yates
    +5
    Watch out Obama will be calling you terrorist if you become too sucessful !!!!! Tea Party lives !!!!!
  • Walt Diane S... 2012/05/11 02:31:14
    Walt
    +2
    He already is.
  • boneman1 2012/05/10 13:29:31
    Yes. RINO's, your days are numbered.
    boneman1
    +6
    For everybody that thought the Tea Party wouldn't last, guess what - they're still here.
  • Hawkeye 2012/05/10 13:03:05
    Yes. RINO's, your days are numbered.
    Hawkeye
    +3
    Has anybody noticed that whenever the subject of Comprimize comes up,, whenever there's a call to work with the other side,, it's ALWAYS a demand from the left ( and the MEDIA ) aimed at Republicans and SOME Republicans seem all too eager to respond like puppets dancing on a string???

Have you noticed that nobody EVER asks a Democrat to "Comprimize" or work with the Republicans or,, to be more precise,, on the rare occasion when they do,, they're accused of OBSTUCTIONISM???

Have you noticed that NOBODY is more passionate in their opposition to Lugar's removal then those on the LEFT??? It's the same thing whenever a R.I.N.O. bites the Dust.. They did the same thing just last week when one of those R.I.N.O s from the Northeast announced her decison to leave Politics..

Do you remember the Howling from the Left when one of the R.I.N.O. Presidential candidate DARED to select a Conservative woman as his VP instead of choosing a Left Wing Liberal named Leiberman?? DO you remember how they went after her??

Does it escape your notice that when Conservatives and Republicans rise up in a Grassroots Movement,, when they hold PEACEFUL rallies numbering tens if not hundreds of thousand of American Loving Citizens they are called Tea Baggers yet when a fringe Left Wing riot breaks out ...

Does it escape your notice that when Conservatives and Republicans rise up in a Grassroots Movement,, when they hold PEACEFUL rallies numbering tens if not hundreds of thousand of American Loving Citizens they are called Tea Baggers yet when a fringe Left Wing riot breaks out with rape,, defecation in Public and destruction of Private Property all amid Anti American Slogans and wailings THOSE people are celebrated as HEROS who represent the TRUE American Spirit and the President of the United States comes out and declares support for them??
    \
    And that the WORST thing that's happened in ALL of American History is that COnservatives and republicans should ACTUALLY elect who they want into these Public Offices??

Have you noticed all of that?? That it's just about a CRIME in America today to NOT be an extreme Left Winger..

I mean REALLY... LOOK what's happening..

EVERYTHING having to do with Obamacare gets passed except single payer and the Republicans get accused of Obstructionism and the really frustrating thing about THAT is that it wasn't even the Republicans that removed single payer from the Bill.. It was DEMOCRATS..

Now I don't BLAME the Left for doing this.. THIS is to be expected and Frankly,, If Republicans could get away with it they'd probably do it as well.. The problem IS,, the Republicans CAN'T get away with it and never HAVE been able to do so.. I've watched Democrats get away with doing this for my entire lifetime..

Like I said.. I don't blame the left at all.. I blame the Republicans who have bought into this.. Republicans who spend MORE time appeasing the other side of the aisle then the people who put them into office.. Hell,, EVEN when the Republicans are in POWER they let the Democrats call the shots.. It's TIME for the Republican Party to assert itself again and STOP being a Second String Democrat Party.. It's TIME to get rid of R.I.N.Os who play second fiddle to Democrat ideologues and Luger is a FINE place to start..

Let the Democrats make comprimizes for a change.. Let THEM cross the aisle to work with Republicans for the first time in their miserable lives..

It's a change that AMERICA can REALLY hope for and find hope IN...
  • Always ... Hawkeye 2012/05/10 17:05:44
    Always Right
    +2
    Yes, I've noticed!
  • Elleryqueen 2012/05/10 12:42:59
    Yes. RINO's, your days are numbered.
    Elleryqueen
    +6
    I certainly hope so. There need to be purging on both sides of the aisle. One thing is for sure, if the United States needs an enema, DC is where to stick the hose.
  • jimmy Elleryq... 2012/05/10 12:52:06
    jimmy
    +3
    couldn't of said it better, its time to flush the toilet starting with obamanut all the way to congress
  • voice_m... Elleryq... 2012/05/10 15:05:08
    voice_matters
    +1
    and yet all the tea libs are trying to do is make it impossibel to help america. the lib motto of do nothing is best is why america faili
  • mrdog 2012/05/10 07:08:49
    mrdog
    +3
    Hopefully many of the old rascals will fall away...bark
  • rknothead 2012/05/10 06:57:55
    Yes. RINO's, your days are numbered.
    rknothead
    +5
    Taxed Enough Already!! Go get em...finally you've awakened the sleeping giant majority!
  • Ishmael 2012/05/10 05:55:46
    No. This is a fluke. Call me again after Richard Mourdock inevitably loses.
    Ishmael
    +3
    I'm no fan of Dick Lugar. But my questiion to richard Mourdock is this. Will HE play the same vanguard role in the Senate that Lugar did to prevent nuclear weapons proliferation, a job I give Lugar full repect for accomplishing during his 36-year tenure in the Senate?
  • Bowman 2012/05/10 05:33:55
    Yes. RINO's, your days are numbered.
    Bowman
    +5
    Republican house and Senate this fall. Republican super majorities. Bye bye Obama Even if Obama wins he's somewhat marginalized until he becomes Dictator
  • Lady Wh... Bowman 2012/05/10 12:35:24
    dream on
  • Bowman Lady Wh... 2012/05/11 09:31:26
    Bowman
    +1
    Bet on it.
  • S* 2012/05/10 05:29:11 (edited)
    S*
    +2
    Lugar ran a poor campaign, but in reality, he never really had real opposition before, so this was new. Hard to read. I do not believe the Republican Party is assimilating the Tea Party well, but the TP has stopped trying to suggest they are moderates at least, so progress is being made on many fronts.
  • nonnonsenseguy 2012/05/10 05:08:48
    Yes. RINO's, your days are numbered.
    nonnonsenseguy
    +3
    Let us hope so. They are useless.
  • debrarae POTL _ PWCM 2012/05/10 04:56:15
    Yes. RINO's, your days are numbered.
    debrarae POTL _ PWCM
    +2
    And we much be the ones, to make those RINOS fall. Once again Politics need to be about ideals.

Conservatism

http://www.dailymotion.com/vi...

http://careysgang.blogspot.co...

http://able2know.org/topic/88...
  • Wolfman 2012/05/10 04:56:07 (edited)
    Yes. RINO's, your days are numbered.
    Wolfman
    +5
    They thought 2010 was a fluke. LOL. They thought the TEA Party was dead. LOL You communists ain't seen nothing, yet.

tea party rino target tea party rino target tea party donkey target target rino
  • Ishmael Wolfman 2012/05/10 06:00:22 (edited)
    Ishmael
    Actually, we HAVE seen this before:

cpusa
  • Wolfman Ishmael 2012/05/10 06:09:38
    Wolfman
    +3
    That's what we're going to stop.
  • Ishmael Wolfman 2012/05/10 06:35:33
    Ishmael
    Then Physician. Heal THYSELF.
  • Wolfman Ishmael 2012/05/10 06:42:53
    Wolfman
    +1
    That's what we're doing.
  • Ishmael Wolfman 2012/05/10 14:43:58
    Ishmael
    +2
    In your dreams maybe. If the Republican party would promise to abolish the Patriot Act and restore the Rule Of Law, I'd VOTE for them. But they WON'T. They want a privatized corporate/Fascist state. I see no difference between that and a Communist state.BOTH are TYRANNY from where I stand.
  • Wolfman Ishmael 2012/05/10 16:21:30
    Wolfman
    +1
    Nobody is going to abolish the PA. The only thing I know about the PA is the standing warrants on cell phones, and that doesn't bother me at all. What bothers you about the PA?
  • Ishmael Wolfman 2012/05/10 16:41:43 (edited)
    Ishmael
    Oh, I don't know. Maybe it's the fact that the NSA exceeded it's mandate by installing optical splitters and Semantic Traffic Analyzers in all the DOMESTIC telephone switching offices INSTEAD of at the oceanic cable terminals in places like Los Osos, Ca, where they would have been more effective, cost less taxpayer dollars and allowed the NSA to remain WITHIN THE LAW by only montoring OVERSEAS communications. Or perhaps it's the spiffy new Data Mining center in Utah chock full of supercomputers that are used to surveille AMERICAN citizens without warrants OR Due Process.If you really think the government is getting warrants for all the data they're mining, you need to check your premises and do a little more reading. I recommend James Bamford and Mark Klein for starters. For people who advocate "Limited government" and rail at Tyranny, Conservatives seem quite comfortable with having a Bi-Partisan Surveillance/Security/Police State erected before their very eyes. It never seems to occur to them that THEY'RE being spied upon TOO.
  • Wolfman Ishmael 2012/05/10 16:54:19
    Wolfman
    +1
    You seem to be confused. I asked you what you didn't like about the PA and you tell me about things that NSA did that were not "WITHIN THE LAW". If they were not "WITHIN THE LAW" then they were not authorized by the Patriot Act.

I think your emotions have got the best of you. Maybe you need to check your premises and do a little more reading.

2014/08/02 02:25:21