Richard Lugar goes down. Will other RINOs follow?

Temlakos~POTL~PWCM~JLA~☆ 2012/05/09 18:09:29

The Tea Party is alive and well. Last night they won a singular
victory. Their favorite, Indiana Treasurer Richard Mourdock, beat
long-time Senator Richard Lugar (R-IN). Mourdock thus shows what the Tea
Party is now doing: reforming the Republican Party from within.

Breadth of the Tea Party win

Mourdock won 61 percent of the Republican primary vote, to Lugar’s 39 percent. At once he gave credit
to the Tea Party for his win. Specifically, the Tea Party fielded
“thousands of…volunteers,” who “helped” with his campaign. That, he
said, made the difference between winning and losing.

Lugar, for his part, proved a sore loser. An hour after he conceded defeat, he said his in writing:

If Mr. Mourdock [wins in November], I want him to be a
good senator. But [to do that, he must] revise his stated goal of
bringing more partisanship to Washington. He and I share many positions.
But [he] embrace[s]…an unrelenting partisan mindset. [That] is
irreconcilable with my philosophy of governance and my experience of
what brings results for Hoosiers in the Senate. In effect,… he has
promised reflexive votes for a rejectionist orthodoxy and rigid
opposition to the actions and proposals of the other party. His answer
to the inevitable roadblocks he will [meet] in Congress is merely to
campaign for more Republicans [of like mind]. He has pledged his support
to groups whose prime mission is to cleanse the Republican party of
those who stray from orthodoxy as they see it.

Richard Lugar, the latest RINO ousted by the Tea Party

Senator Richard Lugar (R-IN). Photo: The United States Senate

Lugar can only mean the Tea Party. And Tea Party activists everywhere do not apologize for that. And Tim Stanley of The Daily Telegraph (London, UK) says
they shouldn’t. Stanley is “spot-on” about what the Tea Party stands
for today: reforming the Republican Party, to offer a “real choice” to
the people.

Folks are sick and tired of party candidates saying one
thing during the primary season, another thing during the general
election, and then ignoring both when they get into office. If you pay
good money and spend precious time working to [help elect] a candidate,
shouldn’t you expect to see them do what they promised…? Yet men like
Lugar seemed to regard their local parties as a mix of rubber stamp and
perennial nuisance. The feeling, it turns out, is mutual.

Or, as a Tea Party activist in Indiana told Politico.com:

The message to the establishment is: You’re our servants.
We’re the masters. Do what you’re supposed to do, adhere to the
Constitution or we’ll fire you.

Follow the link to the article to play a video of Mourdock's acceptance speech, and some more interesting quotes.

Read More: http://www.conservativenewsandviews.com/2012/05/09...

Yes. RINO's, your days are numbered.
    +13
    Orrin Hatch, you might as well throw in the towel right now.

The Tea Party are alive and well. And we have had it with your clubbish, never-mind-the-rubes attitude. You have patronized us for the last time.

What the United States Senate needs, is an enema. And it's going to get one.

• PJ Sweet Cheeks 2012/08/15 16:28:28 (edited)
    Yes. RINO's, your days are numbered.
    PJ  Sweet Cheeks
    +1
    Richard Lugar was my senator and he needed to go...he was our senator since 1977 and was only republican in name! He proved his true colors siding with Obama and we the people voted his butt out! Sickening how these politicians become millions pocketing money from the special interest groups after they learn how to use the system....we the people need to keep a better eye on them!!! I don't care from which party you are...you start screwing the people you go bye bye!

Richard Mourdock will be our new Indiana Senator!

Joe Donnelly is another typical liberal and needs to go next :)
  • RastaFan 2012/05/13 05:15:55
    Yes. RINO's, your days are numbered.
    RastaFan
    +1
    Jeebus ... are they that stunned by what they have been told to their face is going to be the fate for those that have disgraced this nation?

Middle America has been awoken from a complacent slumber. Nov 02 was the precursor and the Mighty Tea Party is just now rolling up our sleeves for one of the main events. We know what is necessary and it starts inside the GOP. We'll clean our own house first, then clean the clocks of the effing Marxists who have dared to try and take us down.
  • Hamilton 2012/05/13 04:20:27
    Yes. RINO's, your days are numbered.
    Hamilton
    +2
    If ya wanna be a Republican -- BE a Republican.
  • Mel the Witch POTL PWCM~JLA 2012/05/12 13:08:27
    Yes. RINO's, your days are numbered.
    Mel the Witch POTL PWCM~JLA
    +2
    Rinos and Left wing stooges....
    I wish the Tea Prty/ GOP / repbulicans / Conservatives would all just GO AWAY and let the REST of us fix the REAL problems!!!
  • RastaFan Lady Wh... 2012/05/13 05:19:47
    RastaFan
    +1
    We've had enough of left wing 'fixes'. They're anything but.
  • Walt 2012/05/11 02:21:47
    Yes. RINO's, your days are numbered.
    Walt
    +2
    Any RINO's are in the wrong party. If they wanted to be liberals, they should have run as Democrats. We don't want 'em and we don't need 'em.
  • abycinnamon BN-1 2012/05/10 21:50:29
    No. This is a fluke. Call me again after Richard Mourdock inevitably loses.
    abycinnamon BN-1
    Oh - you mean an experienced, highly qualified, reasonable (ie, not insane) politician got ousted by a woman hating bagger?

yeah that's just fabulous. A great opportunity for a democrat.
  • RastaFan abycinn... 2012/05/13 05:20:53
    RastaFan
    +1
    Did you not fully understand what Nov 02 meant?.
  • abycinn... RastaFan 2012/05/13 21:49:18 (edited)
    abycinnamon BN-1
    why would you say that? This was a primary. The baggers have again taken over a seat and are running a candidate as I described. So, in NOVEMBER, it's a great opportunity for a democrat if people don't want to be ruled over by an insane woman-hating bagger As opposed to the reasonable, moderate republican who was actually capable of governing that the morons got rid of.

what part of that is confusing you?

Oh wait - you're a bagger. It's all confusing you.

Never mind.
  • RastaFan abycinn... 2012/05/15 16:17:05
    RastaFan
    +1
    The very fact you use such a foolish desciption as "insane woman-hating bagger" pretty well displays your over-emotional mindest .... a favorite target of progressive liberals.

Progressive liberalsim is going to be punched in the face. Freedom from government is the order of the day.
  • abycinn... RastaFan 2012/05/16 04:11:04
  • RastaFan abycinn... 2012/05/16 06:39:28 (edited)
    RastaFan
    +1
    That's fine. Progressive kids often resort to tongue-tied childish crap when they find themselves unable to defend the utter failures they have supported as leaders.

I mean, my God! Can you imagine being put in the position of sitting amongst a group of hard working average Americans and trying some dumb *uck line like, "I'm so proud of my representative, Guy Smiley, because he really got along with the stinking, Marxist Liberal Progressive Socialist bastards in the seats near him. What a peach!"

Oops ....... um, you did that, didn't you.
  • abycinn... RastaFan 2012/05/16 21:10:51 (edited)
  • RastaFan abycinn... 2012/05/17 06:48:27
    RastaFan
    +1
    Well, right ... like I said. You're behaving like pill addled tramp.

In lieu of understanding the current dramatic and long overdue shift away from progressivism, you've opted for flailing about with name calling and little pictures. I'd suggest you put on your big girl panties and learn to wipe your smelly a$$ before you venture into anything with me. Being a snot-nosed runt doesn't earn anyone creds.
  • abycinn... RastaFan 2012/05/17 19:51:39
  • RastaFan abycinn... 2012/05/18 00:04:32 (edited)
    RastaFan
    +1
    Well no, actually the exact opposite occured. Look back at my first response. It was making the point that Nov 02, was a clear indication that Constitutional Conservatism was going to be overwhelmingly supported by the American middle class. The Mighty Tea Party made it's first significant hit to the Marxist's guts on that date.

To which you launched in to a personal attack ..... 'morons', 'T baggers', 'confused' etc ....... you see? It was you, little girl, who began behaving like a snotty nosed twat.

Nice try kid. Yo'll have to provide some evidence that the Conservative trend is not carrying forward to this day .... and I'd suggest you do it while pretending to be an adult.

Get to it, kid.
  • abycinn... RastaFan 2012/05/18 01:00:13 (edited)
  • RastaFan abycinn... 2012/05/18 04:51:28
    RastaFan
    +1
    See? What you do is simply declare an opposing POV stupid.

You don't bother to demonstrate by what reason it should be considered stupid .... just that it opposes your POV. THAT, is textbook Critical Theory. It is Marcusian 'Cultural Marxism', applied.

That is why you Liberals are about to be hit so very hard. You've built a societal construct on crap like that and now, that a widening swath of Middle America is having the foundations of American style Marxism laid out clean on the table for critical analysis ..... the full-a-sh*t, bullsh*t essence of Marxism in the current Liberal mindset, is quite easy to spot.

And since Marxism is as shabby, outdated and proven to be a failed ideology, (some would say idiotology) as it is ...... we're rolling up our sleeves for a street fight. And we're no bloody pushovers. We're the true hardworking, backbone of this country and we're armed and ready to fight this stinking Marxist mob to the floor.
  • abycinn... RastaFan 2012/05/19 00:44:44 (edited)
    abycinnamon BN-1
    you really shouldn't make so many assumptions. Telling me what I think because you think you have put me in a box, and then condemning me for what you have decided I believe - without actually bothering to find out what I believe - is a very big flaw in this entire tirade you have constructed against me.

If you think that calling me names and accusing me of being childish is going to be an effective way to get me to talk to you - it's not. It hasn't worked so far. That's not an accident.
  • RastaFan abycinn... 2012/05/19 04:38:11
    RastaFan
    +1
    Like I thought. You'll dissect every meaningless minutiae and completely disregard the glaringly open assertion.

~It's the Marxism Stupid~

It's why the Mighty Tea Party is knocking down RINOS. It's because RINOS are cuddling with Democrats and since Democrats are being lined up along the wall, the RINOS had better be prepared to cuddle with them there as well.

Bang, bang.
  • abycinn... RastaFan 2012/05/19 06:21:00 (edited)
  • RastaFan abycinn... 2012/05/19 14:44:12
    RastaFan
    +1
    Aww ... gee. Now you're mad at me. I thought we were starting to be such great buds too.

I didn't say you were a Marxist. Alot of the current crop of 'Progressive' Democrat supporters aren't Marxist. They still think the collectivist policies and practices of Liberals are inspired by a unversal divine harmonious OMMM. They can't get their heads past the utopian vision. They don't know the radical 60's cultural revolution expressly designed by hard core Marxists. So ... no. I don't think you're necessarily a Marxist. You could very well be a sheeple zombie of the Marxists. One of the useful idiots, if you will.

But, that's ok. I forgive. I'm generous that way.
  • BlueRepublican 2012/05/10 20:26:10
    Yes. RINO's, your days are numbered.
    BlueRepublican
    +4
    Career politician Dick Lugar's been suckling from the Federal teat for 36 years!!
    It's time for some term limits y'all!!
  • Avenged7 2012/05/10 19:47:52
    Avenged7
    +1
    This was a gift to the Democrats. Lugar was no RINO, and he had a high score with conservative groups. The only difference with Senator Lugar, he's a civil Conservative, something that is missing with the right wing Republicans in today's politics!!!!!
  • Temlako... Avenged7 2012/05/10 21:13:07
    +3
    Your idea of "civility" means caving in to you when it matters to you. We've had it. You've had your way for too long, and you have brought this country to rack and ruin. Now MOVE OVER.
  • Avenged7 Temlako... 2012/05/11 16:36:44
    Avenged7
    You gave me a good laugh. thank you for that. I think you have it backwards, but you already know that. The Tea Party has already made the statement that it's there way or no way. This country is being held hostage by the no compromise right wing politicians.
  • Temlako... Avenged7 2012/05/11 17:19:22
    +2
    Move over, or we'll shove you out of the way. It's that simple.
  • Avenged7 Temlako... 2012/05/11 23:56:07
  • Temlako... Avenged7 2012/05/12 02:53:31
    +2
    And you are just throwing off on me and my allies. It has always been Obama's way or the highway since he usurped the office. And it has always been the liberals' way or the highway in Congress. "Bi-partisan compromise" means conservatives giving in.

No more. That game ends here, and now.
  • Avenged7 Temlako... 2012/05/12 12:43:34
  • Temlako... Avenged7 2012/05/12 13:01:43
    +2
    God? You don't know the meaning of the Word.

Maybe you have to quit watching (P)MSNBC, NBC-TV's "Yesterday" show, and reading The New York Slimes and The Washington (Com)Post.

But I know that's asking too much. Because I might as well be talking directly to the managing/executive editor.
  • Avenged7 Temlako... 2012/05/12 16:36:17
    Avenged7
    The trouble with you, you have been talking to the right wing echo chamber with other right wingers that blather the same old crap as you do. None of you really know what the hell is going on in the real world!!!!!
  • RastaFan Temlako... 2012/05/13 05:25:22
  • Mel the... Avenged7 2012/05/12 13:07:28
    Mel the Witch POTL PWCM~JLA
    +1
    Gee the tea party has never sent out Union Thugs? like, well you people. Nice try......no compromise right wing......((((Snicker)))))
  • Avenged7 Mel the... 2012/05/12 16:38:05
    Avenged7
    Yeah union thugs. Is that related to the corporate thugs that have shut down unions all over the country???????? You got anymore lies?????
  • Mel the... Temlako... 2012/05/12 13:05:34
    Mel the Witch POTL PWCM~JLA
    +1
    Is this not the truth. Don't agree with the left. they ram the lies down your throat..
  • DougE 2012/05/10 17:26:33
    Yes. RINO's, your days are numbered.
    DougE
    +4
    Despite the meida's attempts to discredit the TeaParty, the Democrats, Unions, Racists and Biggots all attacking, the TP stands true and sends a message not only to opposition party members, but our own. Enforce the will of the people, follow the Constitution, govern for the greater good, or you will be be dispatched!
  • DougE DougE 2012/05/10 17:27:29
    DougE
    +2
    Hey John Boehner, SUCK IT!
  • Christopher Kirchen 2012/05/10 15:46:49
    Yes. RINO's, your days are numbered.
    Christopher Kirchen
    +2
    I certainly hope so.

2014/09/23 14:31:54