Restaurant Owner Annoys Atheist With Discount – Lawsuit Filed

doofiegirl BTO-t- BCRA-F ~PWCM~ 2012/07/14 00:20:40
Sharon Prudhomme is one of the owners of Prudhomme Lost Cajun Kitchen in Columbia, Pennsylvania which has been in business for over twenty years. Just the sound of anything cajun makes my mouth water and apparently it does the same for a host of people in the area. However, one customer’s appetite left him and now he has filed a lawsuit against the restaurant. The owners provide a ten percent discount on Sundays for customers who bring in a church bulletin. Apparently you don’t even have to have attended church, just bring in a bulletin to get the discount.

Athiest John Wolff filed a complaint with the Pennsylvania Human Relations Commission and claims that he is being discriminated against because he does not attend church. When he should have been laughed out of town for such a claim, the Commission is now investigating. “The agency should have looked at this thing and just thrown it out from the get-go because they’re not supposed to investigate claims that are frivolous,” Wenger asserts. “Here you’ve got somebody who’s basically just saying hey — church attendance is a good thing, and anybody who brings in a church bulletin, we’re going to give a ten-percent discount on Sundays.” “I’m an American. This is an independent restaurant. I can do as I wish and I’m going to continue to offer the church-bulletin discount.”

When the State suggested that she sign an agreement the offers discounts to any civic organization in town, Mrs. Prudhomme blasted them. She told Fox News, “I said, ‘Wait a minute – you’re asking my husband and I to give anybody coming through my door a discount?’”

“They said yes.”

“This is our business. We’re the ones paying the taxes. We need the people coming in. Our life is in this – and then to have someone come along and tell me what I can do and what I can’t do?”

The State has no business regulating the discounts of business owners. They just don’t.

Read More: http://freedomoutpost.com/2012/07/restaurant-owner...

• Striker 2012/07/14 01:11:07
    Striker
    +7
    Prudhomme is RIGHT. It is their PRIVATE business on their PRIVATE property. I don't claim to be a "Christian" but no matter, it is a PRIVATE business which is wholly entitled to set it's prices and service as they wish. May they have booming Sundays.

• Navin Johnson (The Jerk) 2012/12/05 16:55:57
    Navin Johnson (The Jerk)
    +1
    another ridiculous lawsuit,if the guy dosen't like it,then he dosen't have to eat there.
  • natwebb 2012/07/15 02:59:16
    natwebb
    +2
    The State has no business regulating the discounts of business owners
  • Anna 2012/07/15 01:27:07
    Anna
    +2
    If they were a publicly owned business it'd be one thing, but this is a private business that isn't providing a service necessary to life. It is there choice who they give a discount to. If they want to give someone a discount because they like that person's shoes or the place they go to church it is no concern of the government's.
  • rightside 2012/07/14 08:37:03
    rightside
    +2
    Its their right and they can do whatever they want. Nice people would just go someplace else, but no, the atheist have to make a big deal about it.
    sad they are.
  • artistheweapon 2012/07/14 07:37:01
    artistheweapon
    it would only be fair if another major religious or non religious group was offered a similar discount.
  • Radical Ed 2012/07/14 07:03:40
    Radical Ed
    i think i'll leave this one to the law, i'm on the fence for this one.
  • Farnsworth 2012/07/14 03:42:16
    Farnsworth
    +2
    Pennsylvania, nuff said. the Kalifornia of the east coast.
  • gogleer 2012/07/14 03:24:46
    gogleer
    This is a means of attracting church going customers on Sundays, I've never been there but if it is like here, where I live, they more than likely compete with other restaurants for the same customers. How much money are we talking about $3.00 or maybe $5.00 at the most. REALLY ! This atheist doesn't think much of his belief's does he ?
  • Ozzyboy 2012/07/14 02:22:43
    Ozzyboy
    +1
    Prudhomme's will benefit from all the attention, so Wolff is helping her business, especially in this religious area. I haven't been there in a long time but I will see to it that
    I support them. They are good people and no disrespect was intended for anyone.
  • Mechelle 2012/07/14 01:35:37
    Mechelle
    I dont know about There, but here in Washington State, private bison.es owners have the right to refuse service to ANYONE. If its the same There then they could just refuse to serve Athiest on Sunday. By the way, why does she not just make a special discount for athiest? They are human beings and have a right to their beliefs as well as spiritual people. I don't belong to a church so should I sue as well because I don't get a pamplet from a church? I'm spiritual and believe and pray to God.? How stupid this lawsuit is.
  • Bibliophilic 2012/07/14 01:30:41 (edited)
    Bibliophilic
    +1
    It's good that this is in the spotlight. Now atheists will know not to patronize this business and its BS discounts.
  • Cal 2012/07/14 01:23:36
    Cal
    +3
    BOO HOO. Poor atheists. Private business owner is allowed to do what private business owner wants.
  • ed 2012/07/14 01:16:58
    ed
    +4
    what atheists will do to grab the spot light
  • Striker 2012/07/14 01:11:07
    Striker
    +7
  • Primiti... Pixie·Ÿ... 2012/07/14 00:45:06
    Primitive Christian
    +4
    No it's not the same thing. Anyone can get a Church bulletin and get the discount. She's not telling Muslims they can't have the discount she's simply telling them they need to bring a Church bulletin to get it.
  • Pixie·Ÿ... Primiti... 2012/07/14 00:49:39
  • Primiti... Pixie·Ÿ... 2012/07/14 00:53:17
    Primitive Christian
    +2
    These types of cases have already seen the inside of courtrooms. In this case the bulletin works as a coupon. Everyone has equal access to those coupons thus no discrimination occurs. Now if the business owner would refuse to accept a church bulletin from an Atheist, or a Muslim etc. then you would be correct. I doubt this will make it to trial but if it does there is ample precedent.
  • Pixie·Ÿ... Primiti... 2012/07/14 01:04:51
  • Primiti... Pixie·Ÿ... 2012/07/14 02:16:41
    Primitive Christian
    +1
    I don't know but it doesn't matter. If the bulletins are equally available and the discount is given to anyone with the bulletin there is no discrimination.
  • ed Pixie·Ÿ... 2012/07/14 01:16:11
    ed
    +2
    well it's not
  • Kat ♪ ~ ♪ 2012/07/14 00:33:08
    Kat ♪ ~ ♪
    +5
    This is what can be expected if we keep letting the government get away with all the garbage. They will think they can dictate anything.
  • greatwhyte2 2012/07/14 00:31:01
    greatwhyte2
    +4
    the owners the word own is the clue they can do what they want.
  • Stryder 2012/07/14 00:27:14
    Stryder
    +5
    This atheist douche isn't being discriminated against. He's free to go to the church and pick up a bulletin. He chooses not to. This lawsuit will be tossed.
  • Primiti... Stryder 2012/07/14 00:47:38
    Primitive Christian
    +4
    He doesn't even really have to go, most churches will mail their bulletin to anyone who calls and asks.
  • Stryder Primiti... 2012/07/14 00:54:51
    Stryder
    +3
    Exactly. He has every opportunity to get a bulletin.
  • Striker Stryder 2012/07/14 01:14:06 (edited)
    Striker
    +3
    No lawsuit should never have even begun. The right to discriminate is necessary for humans to even hope to make rational decisions! Insanity cannot run this world.
  • Bibliop... Stryder 2012/07/14 01:30:10
    Bibliophilic
    +1
    How is he a douche?
  • Stryder Bibliop... 2012/07/14 05:01:00
    Stryder
    +2
    Seriously? Suing a mom and pop restaurant? He's a douche.
  • themadhare ~IJM 2012/07/14 00:23:08
    themadhare ~IJM
    +6
    John Wolff should be required to pay all the costs his complaint caused.
  • Kat ♪ ~ ♪ themadh... 2012/07/14 00:34:57
    Kat ♪ ~ ♪
    +5
    Plus some for loss of revenue being in court if necessary.
  • Primiti... themadh... 2012/07/14 00:45:56
    Primitive Christian
    +4
    In some States he could be but I'm not sure about Pennsylvania.

2014/12/19 22:43:48