Resist Biometrics - Your Liberty Depends on It

irish 2012/01/29 16:39:39

Resist Biometrics - Your Liberty Depends on ItResist Biometrics  Your Liberty Depends on It

by Chris Goodmenbetter

(henrymakow.com)

http://poorrichards-blog.blogspot.com/2012/01/resist-biometri...

It's official. The biometric cataloging of the human race has begun. India's intent to record
it's entire nations' 1.2 billion people by iris and fingerprint scans
signals a devious high tech human monitoring and control agenda.

Although no one ever asks for such systems, biometrics will be sold to
the populace as cool, sexy, convenient, safe and secure but will
eventually prove to be a living hell for everyone on planet earth. Most
just don't know it yet.

--- To surveil and identify, sold as to serve and protect

In order to recognize biometrics as the human equivalent of a dairy
cow's ear tag, a brief explanation is in order. One of many current
biometrics systems is referred to as "facial recognition" technology.

When someone volunteers to get their drivers' license or passport,
photos are required to have an unobstructed, relaxed, static,
straight-on portrait face. The subjects' photo is then digitized and
entered into a computer.

Via biometric software algorithms, the constant inter-relational
dimensions are measured, such as height, width, relation of the nose to
the eyes, mouth to chin's end etc.

Facial expressions, such as smiling for instance, alter these ratio
calculations and are no longer allowed during photography. Based upon
these unique facial landmarks, an identifying number is arrived at,
assigned and data based. Biometrics standards are also
internationalized.

Similar biometrical examples in sporadic use include fingerprint, palm,
retinal & iris scans, gait and speech recognition and cranial
thermal ( measuring unique thermal heat signatures of a persons' scalp)
recognition.

In order to operate, these biometrics systems require some kind of
input device to connect the real world with database, such as a person
placing their hands on a scanner or peering into one.

Facial, cranial and gait recognition rely on vast networks of
un-invited CCTV video cameras which, not surprisingly, account for
their dramatic weed-like proliferation into society.

The physically dangerous full body x-ray scanners used at U.S. airports
(now thankfully banned in several countries which initially had them)
can peer right through clothing and record and store a 360 degree
biometric profile for future use (travelers' personal ticket and/or
passport info is stored in conjunction with their scan.)

Similar existing street level systems can scan anyone's body as they
walk down the sidewalk without their even knowing it. These real time
scans can then be compared to existing databases (which a subject
previously provided at the airport, as example.)

Ultimately, biometrics offers a means to identify, surveil and monitor
an entire populace's actions and whereabouts in real time. (see DARPA's Total Information Awareness Network)

BUILDING THE DATABASE AND GROOMING THE POPULACE

In February 2008, at a cost of one billion dollars per year, the FBI
awarded a ten year contract to Lockheed Martin to develop a giant
database of biometric data including fingerprints, iris scans, and DNA,
which the FBI refers to as the "Next Generation Identification" (NGI).
The goal is to have such personal data from every human being on file.

How perfect it is then that Lockheed Martin also be responsible for both the Canadian and British Census.

Like with any indoctrination form, it's important to get children
friendly with biometrics as early as possible. SONY and Microsoft use
facial recognition in their latest Playstation and XBOX. Why not -
it's fun! Many schoolchildren are thumbscanning to get school lunches
or take out library books. Childrens' cartoons abound with biometric
references.

Familiarizing society with biometrics is critical to it's adoption.
Through "patient gradualism" (or in similar military terms, "mission
creep"), the slow change takes place while minimizing resistance and
reaction. Humans are the most adaptable beings on the planet and if
perceptions appear natural, we tend to accept them.

PERSONAL STATEMENT

I refuse to submit to a biometrics photo, iris or thumb scan. As a
result, I am no longer able to legally drive a car, or get on a
commercial airplane (international or domestic), despite 23 years on the
road without a single accident or ticket (an insurance company's
actuarial dream), as driver's licenses and passports now employ this
loathsome technology.

You have to ask yourself: 'what's your own personal line in the sand'?

Michael Collins was instrumental in gaining Ireland's' independence from the British Crown.

He proved an indefatigable adversary who overcame Britain's' best not
only because of his highly unorthodox (read: CREATIVITY) tactics but
also undoubtedly due to the fact that the British authorities had no
knowledge of him!

They had no known pictures, profiles or whereabouts of the man. Such
un-predictable wildcards terrify monolithic oligopolies. Collins
managed to free the Irish, from the back of a bicycle. If alive today, I
doubt Collins would have submitted to biometrics either.

I recommend the movie "Michael Collins" with Liam Neeson as an introduction to the man.

We still have the power of choice, for the most part, as to who gets
what information about ourselves but the only sure way to secure this
information is to never divulge it in the first place. In an information
war, databases are the weapon of your foe.

Observe wild animals in nature. They carry no I.D., roam as they
please, occupy no database and yet somehow they are able to thrive.
They are free.

As it stands, your average crow stands freer than most humans.

-------------------------

--- References and suggested reading:

Citibank to roll out voice biometrics
http://www.zdnet.com.au/citibank-to-roll-out-voice-biometrics...

http://www.marketwire.com/press-release/New-Iscon-Whole-Body-...

http://www.dutchnews.nl/news/archives/2010/01/dutch_police_de...

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/01/17/nypd-testing-gun-scann...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/6309917.stm ( make sure to take in readers' comments at that link )

http://www.geek.com/articles/mobile/malls-go-big-brother-with...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/6309917.stm

http://www.wiseupjournal.com/?p=837 "One generation is all we need"

http://www.wethepeoplewillnotbechipped.com/main/news_cats.php...
( excellent biometrics & implantable microchip news archive )

• Dave0626 2012/01/30 05:15:39
    Dave0626
    +3
    I've read the book '1984' back to front several times ...even have the movie made in 1984....I will resist Big Brother till my dying day!!..
    resist Big Brother

• Kiara 2012/02/01 17:49:24 (edited)
    Kiara
    +1
    I would think the Government would have better things to do like solving our Economic Crisis. They already have too much control over us and more ID information could be dangerous. While DNA has finally freed a lot of innocent people it could work the other way. For instance, identical twins ave the same DNA.
  • irish Kiara 2012/02/02 11:59:02
    irish
    +1
    they never use logic to think ,do they?
  • Kiara irish 2012/02/02 13:06:19
    Kiara
    +1
    When it comes to our Government I think they do not know how to use logic.
  • irish Kiara 2012/02/02 13:07:18
    irish
    +1
    isn't that the truth!
  • Dave0626 2012/01/30 05:15:39
    Dave0626
    +3
    resist Big Brother
  • Gregaj7 2012/01/30 05:14:40
    +1
    No contract, no jurisdiction.
  • I'm History 2012/01/29 22:34:54
    I'm History
    Biometrics ain't the bad guy here, pwople are.
    That's why biometrics are being developed, to keep the criminal from commiting crime.
    Methods for uniquely recognizing humans based upon one or more intrinsic physical traits is the only thing that will stop corrupt people from crime.
    No one can get into my computer with any password because there is none, I have to swipe my fingerprint across a biometrics scan window to gain access to it. If any attempt is made to force access everything is deleted with a program I put in my computer.
    That keeps it safe from criminals.

The collection of biometric identifiers raises privacy concerns about the ultimate use of this information because the people in the industry themselves can't be trusted. As in the end you are only as safe as the people protecting you are honest, that's the problem, not the science itself, the science works as it is intended.
    Now all we have to do is trust our fellow man to do the right thing, and that ain't so easy, as in any situation!
    The FBI and CIA have been using biometrics for years now with no break-ins, because the science works, people however have to be watched to do the right thing, and they are watched by computer naturally, have to be to keep them honest.

You put cameras at every stop si...

That keeps it safe from criminals.

You put cameras at every stop sign in America and you won't see anyone running a stop sign, but a drunken fool, that's a fact. But we don't do that because of privacy issues, so instead you have 70+ killings a year from people running stop signs alone, and they are sober!!!!.
    That is the reality of an honest society, some people will not follow the rules unless they think they are being watched, and then they scream privacy issues.
    There are no solutions to trusting people to do the right thing, only precautions that catch them if they don't, then punish them for it.
    That is the real world, if you want to live in a world where you have to trust a stranger, great,
    but then don't complain to the justice system when one of yours is killed when someone breaks the law that could have been avoided.
    People are the problem not the science, and people will never get it right, never have, so thank god for the science that will guide them to doing the right thing.

Otherwise live in a private chaotic society.

Hell the Mormons have one of the biggest databases on the American people in the world, underground in limestone caves, they know more about you than the government, that's for sure, and all their sources are from public sources and your courts and city halls, available to anyone.
    We are allready known about!
  • wtw I'm His... 2012/01/30 04:24:37
    +2
    Not many of us have those capabilities!
  • I'm His... wtw 2012/01/30 14:34:56
    I'm History
    There is really not anything people can do. I mean people tell you "Do Not Obey",,and that's crap in reality, you can't 'not obey' if your gonna live your life. If you don't want your government to know everything about you then buy and RV that has it's own power abilities, like solar power, a generator and all that stuff, drive it out in the woods, or some out of the way rural desolate area, and live like a hermit, with no contact with the real world but to drive in to town for supplies once a month, and pay cash, because they can track your credit card. lol !
    And as odd as that sounds, some people do that because they are paranoid of their government, and paranoid of " What If ".
    Governments have to be more secure unless they want their enemies to find out everything about them, and then overtake their information.
    But on the most part, your government don't care about your information, they don't even know who YOU are in reality. All information has to be secure so biometrics is the future if you don't want someone else using YOUR information to scam the system, then leave YOU holding he bill for that scam, because that is happening now, today.
    There is no such thing as "DO NOT OBEY", it's like saying don't spend legal tender dollars, because they can track your movemen...

There is no such thing as "DO NOT OBEY", it's like saying don't spend legal tender dollars, because they can track your movements, so then your not gonna spend money, or have money?????? Not gonna happen.
    Most people got nothing to worry about, won't affect their lives in the least.
    BIometrics is all about keeping bad people from getting at your private information, and to tell you the truth, most of that information is public knowledge anyway, only the sensitive information is secure.
    You don't need Capabilities, all you have to do is live your life without paranoid people freaking you out. lol!!!!
  • Freight85 I'm His... 2012/02/07 19:58:11
    Freight85
    That's some of the dumbest s--t i've ever read.
  • I'm His... Freight85 2012/02/08 03:20:04
    I'm History
    That's because you don't understand what you read.
  • Freight85 I'm His... 2012/02/08 15:23:33
    Freight85
    If your scared... give me a call, I'll check under your bed for the "boogey man."
  • I'm His... Freight85 2012/02/09 00:47:58
    I'm History
    Lol, that's a good one my friend, but I'm not scared in the least, I'm prepared, always have been since I got out of the North Tower of the World Trade Center at 9:05 a.m. without a scratch, even though security guards said everything was OK and people could go back inside, and some did.
    But something told me to get the hell out of there and I acted on my gut feeling.
    I have been trusting my gut feeling ever since.
    Sometimes the boogey man is tragedy telling you to act, and when you don't, sometimes you die!
    You have a nice day friend!
  • Freight85 I'm His... 2012/02/09 04:19:45
    Freight85
    +1
    I'm glad you got out. God bless you, and God definately blessed you to get out. I don't agree with giving up our liberties to be safe. Biometrics has far reaching invading, invasive and devastating effects that will make all of our lives a virtual prison in real time. This is a slippery slope [biometrics] that we are sliding down daily. There's a book you should read: Spychips by Katerine Albrecht. Right back at you friend.
  • I'm His... Freight85 2012/02/09 22:40:15
    I'm History
    I don't beleive giving up our liberties to be safe either, and I'm not myself, I make sure of it by knowing what they are doing, and how they do it, then I protect my sources so Government can't know my life. There are ways, but I won't discuss them here, but there are ways to protect yourself.
    Indeed I will check out that book, I do enjoy reading up on all the latest research, as I'm kinda in that industry, nuff said on that.
    Take care my friend and keep your friends close, and keep your enemies closer, lol.
  • Freight85 I'm His... 2012/02/10 15:17:02
    Freight85
    +1
    I'll do that.
  • Autarchic 2012/01/29 16:54:13
    Autarchic
    +3
    Do not obey!
  • cuz 2012/01/29 16:53:07
    cuz
    +2
    Coming to a country near you.
    nazi tattoo
  • irish cuz 2012/01/30 15:19:54
    irish
    +1
    sad isn't it?
  • cuz irish 2012/01/30 15:49:29
    cuz
    +1
    Yes, but predictable.
  • irish cuz 2012/01/30 15:50:46
    irish
    +1
    i agree. again,round and round we go and never learn.

2014/11/27 06:53:19