Researchers Predict Robot Prostitutes in Near Future: Sexy or Sick?

This kind of takes "sex doll" to a whole new level. According to "Robots, Men And Sex Tourism," a research paper by Ian Yeoman and Michelle Mars of the Victoria Management School in Wellington, New Zealand, robot prostitution could be a possibility by 2050. They would be made of "bacteria-resistant fiber," of course.

The paper agrees with a 2007 study done by David Levy, a Netherlands student who completed his PhD on human-robot relationships. He claimed that humans would be sleeping with robots -- and marrying them -- by 2050. He speculated that they would be so life-like, humans could actually fall in love with them. So what do you think? We know we have a few decades 'til it comes, but is the idea of sex robots sexy or sick?

• DDogbreath 2012/04/21 00:35:04 (edited)
    Sexy
    DDogbreath
    +16
    I'm Volunteering as a test subject on one in a "new tab". Great Idea!!!

volunteering test subject tab hot rosy bing bing

After all I am a "Paulbot" and I always found something "hot" about "Rosie" BING! BING!

• malkerian Shamshi... 2012/04/24 05:30:53
    malkerian
    liar. I can see you sucking a robot dick now. Fag!
  • Shamshi... malkerian 2012/04/25 05:07:40
    ShamshirMkII
    LOL XD!
  • Tigger Too 2012/04/24 01:00:03
  • haShe 2012/04/24 00:59:35
    Sexy
    haShe
    There is a need for this especially in the sex industry. I'm not sure in marriage. "The Robots of Dawn" discusses this relationship. I'm thinking the sex workers will not be happy with this at all and some nations economies rely on it. Those who pimp the dolls will make a good living. Imagine being an IT or robotics person who services the workers. It would be a whole new industry on many levels.
  • addie 2012/04/24 00:49:23
    Sick
    addie
    +3
    Not sick exactly, just sort of icky.
    There are already vibrating dolls for men. I mean if they do not care if the hole is real or not...it is there business.
  • 2585661 2012/04/24 00:25:47
    Sexy
    2585661
    +1
    Would you rather them be real human sex slaves? WTF is wrong with you idiots.
  • addie 2585661 2012/04/24 00:50:44
    addie
    The alterantive is not sex slaves. Unless you are using the expression differently than I am.
  • Shadow_... 2585661 2012/04/24 01:37:32
    Shadow_Wolf
    The idea of a sex slave being a substitute even comming to your mind proves their something wrong with you. No I rather there be no robot sex and no sex slaves at all. Go out and get yourself a real person, there are just some things you don't do with a machine. Go masturbate or something.
  • yazan 2012/04/24 00:16:51
    Sick
    yazan
    +2
    I can't think about it :p
  • MiMi 2012/04/24 00:08:47
    Sick
    MiMi
  • Bali 2012/04/23 23:56:39
    Sick
    Bali
    +4
    i am alergic to rubber unless it is an outfit my gal is wearing.......no thanks.
  • Nan 2012/04/23 23:55:35
    Sick
    Nan
    +4
    What if suddenly they malfunctioned? Wow..lots of Big Trouble in Little China if you ask me.
  • kerrtoons 2012/04/23 23:50:24
    Sexy
    kerrtoons
    +2
    This is so stupid on so many levels. No more "I've got a headache" jokes would be the redemption of this notion. I wish the doodlebugs at SodaHead would give you more than two options. It's not sexy and it isn't sick. Beauty is in the eye of the robot.
  • dimwit 2012/04/23 23:31:42
    Sick
    dimwit
    +3
    On the other "hand", would they prove to be cost effective??
  • Jericho 2012/04/23 23:20:29
    Sick
    Jericho
    +3
    The only ones who go for it are people who don't care that there is another person that needs fulfilling, and that is part of the joy.
  • Michael 2012/04/23 23:17:14
    Sexy
    Michael
    +2
    I think it's a great idea. No STDs, and no more having to go through the typical feather fluffing a man usually has to do to get a girl. Not only is being a guy expensive but it's annoying with all the hoops with trying to get your rocks off without all the in between crap to get there. Besides, most women these days are pretty terrible as far as attitude. Bring on the robots!
    Sexy
    +1
    Gotta go buy me one of these newfangled sexin' machines!
  • addie Andrew 2012/04/24 00:52:06
    addie
    Men just weird! lol
  • Patrick 2012/04/23 22:55:52
    Sexy
    Patrick
    Let's see... there are vibrators, the Trojan Twister, videos, probably sex holograms, so why not robots… safe, clean, and perhaps even better looking than what some of Amsterdam now has…..Ro-Bo-Butt may Rock, who knows!
  • BILL 2012/04/23 22:54:21
    Sexy
    BILL
    +3
    Who really knows a well built Android maybe, but a plastic sex doll now that is SICK doll
  • Call me... BILL 2012/04/24 23:14:07
    Call me Mark willya?
    if they're living intelligent beings we get into the question of slavery and/or exploitation. robots could be made to feel like real people in every aspect it's not impossible... Wouldn't be plastic more like silicone or latex... softer warmer to the touch etc...
  • Call me Mark willya? 2012/04/23 22:35:00
    Sexy
    Call me Mark willya?
    +2
    well I'm certain that someone out there has already mentioned this but you can already buy a doll that will do everything but think feel and move. I for one fully believe that there will be sex robots soon, I also believe that it's just a natural step in human sexual evolution. like the dildo which has been around since man first learned how to shape and polish wood or stone.

I am a firm believer that Prostitution should be legalized, Go to a brothel in Nevada if you need a good reason. The women are clean, and well treated, and subject to regular physical exams to ensure that they remain disease and drug free. Whereas in states where it's illegal if a man wants to go to a prostitute (which obviously they do or there would be no prostitutes) he takes his chances with any number of dangerous/unhealthy variables including the fact that in legal brothels Condoms would be mandatory. I guess in a robot brothel a good antivirus program will be all they need. I only wonder how long it will be before someone decides we're exploiting the robots and starts a robots rights movement.

Brothels being illegal makes as much sense to me as making alcohol illegal. People want it so it's going to happen...

Wake up people every time I go to Wal-Mart I see at least 3 of our dozen or more...

Wake up people every time I go to Wal-Mart I see at least 3 of our dozen or more prostitutes walking the beat. It is GOING to happen. Would you rather spread disease or would you rather use a nice toy that can be completely sterilized between uses, and that doesn't have to worry about being beaten by a pimp!!!

Besides there will always be the guys/girls/whatever that believe doing it with a machine is sick and would rather take their chances with Suzy syphilis Gloria gonorrhea or their much meaner child, Amy aids... By the way, those same guys are usually the ones that think wearing a condom is like wearing a raincoat in the shower... Idiots... If worn properly, condoms make almost no difference whatsoever, (aside from making it last a little longer short round!)

All right guys be safe out there.
  • PhillipDavis 2012/04/23 22:27:55
  • Cubatista92 2012/04/23 22:26:59
    Sexy
    Cubatista92
    +1
    If you can get a vibrator why not the entire body?
  • Tanner Hansom 2012/04/23 22:00:50
    Sexy
    Tanner Hansom
    I want one that looks like edi....
  • charles nelson 2012/04/23 21:58:28
    Sexy
    charles nelson
    +1
    Gotta be sexier than my blow up doll.
  • Princess emo 2012/04/23 21:57:25
    Sick
    Princess emo
    +5
    There going to take over the world
  • sokoyah 2012/04/23 21:56:46
    Sexy
    sokoyah
    +2
    I want one
  • Princes... sokoyah 2012/04/23 22:03:06
    Princess emo
    +1
    I hope u know it's not as best as the real person right. Ur just going to deadicate ur life to robots its not right there not human. There going to take over the world. Plus they might die of battery or be freezeing or they can't be in rain because of water.
  • Cubatis... Princes... 2012/04/23 22:28:12
    Cubatista92
    +2
    I'm guessing you are about 13...
  • Shadow_... Cubatis... 2012/04/24 01:39:11
    Shadow_Wolf
    I'm guessing your like 12
  • Cubatis... Shadow_... 2012/04/25 18:41:57
    Cubatista92
    You are not even sure how to spell... what makes you think I asked your opinion?
  • Shadow_... Cubatis... 2012/04/26 01:02:46 (edited)
    Shadow_Wolf
    You're missing a word, so I don't need you to ask FOR my opinion.
  • Builder Cubatis... 2012/04/25 12:26:30
    Builder
    Hahahahaha
  • Princes... Cubatis... 2012/05/12 14:25:30
    Princess emo
    Why r u guys trying to guess my age? I just watched way to many robot moves that end in them trying to take over the world.
  • Carson Princes... 2012/04/23 23:45:22
    Carson
    +2
    And then it might get stuck.
  • sokoyah Carson 2012/04/24 19:25:51
    sokoyah
    STICKING IS GOOD , MOST OF US JUST WANT TO USE THE HEAD ANYWAY
  • sokoyah Princes... 2012/04/24 19:24:45
    sokoyah
    LOOK, WE'LL ALL BE DEAD BEFORE IT BECOMES A REALITY FOR THE AVERAGE JOE AND JEAN, CALM DOWN.
  • Call me... Princes... 2012/04/24 23:10:51
    Call me Mark willya?
    +1
    What's up Buttercup? You have to understand, Robots are never going to take over, and there will never be zombies, Santa Claus and the Easter bunny... not real. You see for a robot to be able to take over the world, they'd have to be intelligent, and right now the best computers in the world (which is what their brains will be, computers,) can't think for themselves. They're just really fast at remembering things and doing what they're told. Unless we tell one to become ruler of the world and then tell it exactly how to do that, it's just not gonna happen.

Now go watch Powerpuff girls grownups are talking about grown up stuff here.
  • Princes... Call me... 2012/06/25 01:58:06
    Princess emo
    Stop being such an ass. I know Santa claus and the Easter bunny arnt real I'm not 7. And there are some retaurds like u that might tell them to take over the world so they could be powerful. So stop being an ass and learn to be nice once in a while.

2014/09/20 11:59:08