Republicans Wrong Again: Over 50% Of Small Businesses Want To Keep ObamaCare

ProudProgressive 2012/06/18 18:50:11

What do you know, the Right Wing gets it wrong again. Next thing you know the sun will be rising in the East.

Article excerpt follows:

By: Ray Medeiros
June 18, 2012

You would think by the way the Republicans have been talking that a clear majority of businesses want the Affordable Care Act be overturned. That is not the case at all, as shown in a recent poll of 800 small businesses throughout Florida, Illinois, Louisiana, Michigan, Missouri, New York, Texas and Virginia.

Only 30% of small businesses want the healthcare law overturned while 50% want it to stand with minor or no changes, according to the Small Business Majority.

Remember when Nancy Pelosi said, you have to learn what is in it to like it? Well it turns out she was right. As more and more businesses and people find out what is actually in the law, the more support it gains.

A 66% majority of small business owners say they would use their state exchange or at least consider using it, compared to 8% who say they would not consider using it when they provide benefits.

Nearly 8 in 10 owners support prohibiting health plans from denying coverage based on preexisting conditions, 72% support requiring insurance companies to spend at least 80% of small group premiums on patient care and quality improvement (as opposed to plan administration, marketing and profits) and 65% support allowing states to review and potentially reject excessive premium rate increases.

Nearly half of small business owners say they would be more likely to extend coverage to employees if they qualified for the small business healthcare tax credit.

46% identified as strong Republican or independent-leaning Republican, 39% identified as Democrat or independent-leaning Democrat and 12% identified as Independent.

Of course Republicans wouldn’t want Americans to know what is in the report. For instance, elderly Americans can now go for wellness visits at no cost. This means, because of the Affordable Care Act, our elderly citizens can now stay healthy by going to their primary doctor and it will not cost them anything, including no co-pay.

Add on the other popular provisions, like Americans can no longer be denied coverage for pre-existing conditions,and keeping young adults on their parents insurance up until the age of 26.

The Supreme Court will be deciding the fate of the law this month. Republicans have yet to come up with a replacement for the law as they have promised. In fact there have been some chirps by the GOP that popular provisions should stay intact, such as the ban on denying coverage for pre-existing conditions and keeping young adults on their parents insurance until they are 26.

This shows that the GOP is on the wrong side of the issue, once again. Just like they were 75 years ago, when they were staunchly against Medicare and other programs to help average Americans.

Read More: http://www.politicususa.com/50-small-businesses-af...

• closinyou 2012/06/18 19:05:19
    closinyou
    +5
    AD POPULUM FALLACIES don't dictate right from wrong. It's quite possible the majority is wrong... as shown by the election of Obama!

• dallas 2012/06/19 05:05:46
  • Flamingo Flame Gem *AFCL* 2012/06/18 21:37:07
    Flamingo Flame Gem *AFCL*
    +2
    Wrong......... No we don't !
  • Chris - The Rowdy One! #187 2012/06/18 21:20:15
  • Flaming... Chris -... 2012/06/18 21:37:46
    Flamingo Flame Gem *AFCL*
    Here, here now.
  • R. 2012/06/18 19:42:44
    R.
    +2
    Still at it are you ? You had to search pretty hard to find this nano sliver
    of progressive propogandain the ocean that IS the msm.
    As was pointed out in another response to this piece , when you poll such a small number of businesses, the poll is not a fair representation of the reality of sentiment toward this bill. See ya at the polls in November AFTER the SCOTUS has struck this
    down.
  • Simmering Frog 2012/06/18 19:33:10
    Simmering Frog
    +3
    America does not want socialized medicine.
  • None 2012/06/18 19:20:33
    None
    No surprise there.
    Small business drops coverage...pays the fine...gives employees modest raise...BIG SAVINGS !
  • Evil 1 2012/06/18 19:18:56
    Evil 1
    +2
    There are over 30 million small businesses (this is a business with 500 or less employess according to the SBA) in the United States and they polled 800 of them. That's not even close to 1/10 of 1%. Not a very realistic representation of small businesses. In fact it is outright ridiculous to even state that this is a valid represenatation. Seems like the pollster is doing nothing but grasping at straws. But he did showcase his foolishness.
  • whitewulf--the unruly mobster 2012/06/18 19:09:28
  • closinyou 2012/06/18 19:05:19
    closinyou
    +5
  • ehrhornp 2012/06/18 19:02:06
    ehrhornp
    +2
    The GOP unfortunately threw Richard Nixon under the bus. Shame today's republicans have so little respect for their past leaders.
  • closinyou ehrhornp 2012/06/18 19:08:18
    closinyou
    +4
    Hasty generalizations regarding republicans level of respect while proving your own disrespect of others proves to be self defeating on several levels! Now thats a shame!
  • ehrhornp closinyou 2012/06/18 19:35:34
    ehrhornp
    +3
    ??? What hasty generalizations have I made? Do you deny that republicans have called Obama a pinko commie due to his health plan? So to be consistent wouldn't they also call Richard Nixon a pinko commie today as he basically pushed the same thing? Tell me where I am wrong.

Say have you read Eisenhower's 1956 platform? yes or no. If I show any disrespect it because I really hate hypocrisy which is what you republicans practice today. Past republican leaders are spinning in their graves.
  • closinyou ehrhornp 2012/06/19 04:09:22
    closinyou
    +1
    You're so bought into this Dem vs Rep BS it's funny! "What hasty generalizations have I made?" Let me see... Your next sentence is a great example. "Do you deny that republicans have called Obama a pinko commie due to his health plan?" I can answer that many ways. Yes, but only some. No, republicans as a whole have not, but some have.
    Since were talking about hypocrisy, did it ever dawn on you that as you point out your opinion of Republican hypocrisy you mindlessly and publicly display your own hypocrisy? The reality is, we are all hypocrites, you and me alike. Your statement requires hating your own last post, which is riddled with hypocrisy!
    I will say it's pretty entertaining! Not everyone can offer self refuting arguments and remain in a position of hypocrisy, void of logic, without realizing it as long as you can! Great job!
  • ehrhornp closinyou 2012/06/19 07:42:57
    ehrhornp
    +1
    As you have bought into Dems, repubs being all the same. I think the republicans as a whole have called Obama basically a pinko commie. I remember the tea party. What nuts.

Have it ever dawned on you that the president next year will be Obama or Romney? One will work to improve the economy. The other will work to make the rich richer. But you go ahead and bury your head in the sand and hide. I find you pretty entertaining as it is people like you which help explain why this country is on a downward slope.
  • closinyou ehrhornp 2012/06/19 10:29:31
    closinyou
    +1
    Your full of fallacious arguments aren't you? Talk about entertaining. Every response so far, from you, has been illogical and therefore invalid. One thing remains consistent among bigots and bandwagon junkies. That is, they deflect and project their insecurities and failures towards whoever will accept it! I won't. The proof is in black and white, in every one of your answers!
  • ehrhornp closinyou 2012/06/19 15:51:13
    ehrhornp
    lol, you make a number of charges but no substantiation to them. You make no sense because your arguments are incomplete.
  • closinyou ehrhornp 2012/06/20 15:54:42
    closinyou
    Did you just repeat what I told you? The " I know you are, but what am I" defense, is reserved for kindergarten through 2nd grade!
  • ehrhornp closinyou 2012/06/20 16:12:49
    ehrhornp
    As I have said you have no substantiations to your charges. This is just called backing up your statements which you have failed to do. If you make a statement, you need to be able to back it up. You have failed to do that.
  • closinyou ehrhornp 2012/06/20 20:54:16
    closinyou
    This is your response to my request of you to back up your statement? You reply with what it means to back up a statement! Thanks for that lessonin the obvious. Now that we all know you know what is required, maybe you could back up, just one of your claims!
    I doubt it though! All you will do is change the wording and repeat back to me what I request of you. If you need something to back up my reasoning, you need only to look back at your responses!
    I'm not interested in your twist of what I say. I'm interested in your inability to answer a question and your inability to provide anything supportive of your claims!
  • ehrhornp closinyou 2012/06/21 03:35:27
    ehrhornp
    What claim are you referring to? You are good at changing the subjects but won't give clear cut answers. So I will just take it one step at a time.
  • closinyou ehrhornp 2012/06/21 03:50:06
    closinyou
    Like I said, You'll change the wording and repeat it back to me! It's no fun when you're that predictable!

"What claim are you referring to?" There's more than one...Let me list a few for you!

1. "The GOP unfortunately threw Richard Nixon under the bus"
    2. " ...today's republicans have so little respect for their past leaders."
    3." I really hate hypocrisy which is what you republicans practice today. Past republican leaders are spinning in their graves."
    4. "As you have bought into Dems, repubs being all the same."
    5. "One will work to improve the economy. The other will work to make the rich richer."
    6. "it is people like you which help explain why this country is on a downward slope."
    7. "lol, you make a number of charges but no substantiation to them. "
    8. "You make no sense because your arguments are incomplete."
    9."This is just called backing up your statements which you have failed to do."
    10. "You are good at changing the subjects but won't give clear cut answers."
  • ehrhornp closinyou 2012/06/21 04:30:47
    ehrhornp
    The GOP threw nixon under the bus when they rejected Obama's health care plan which was very similar to Nixon's. Today's republicans obviously have little respect for their past leaders, Do you think today's republicans would pass Eisenhower's 1956 platform? Most of my life republicans have preached fiscal responsibility but as soon as they took over the gov. in 2001 that went out the window. Giving tax cuts during a time of war is not being fiscally responsible. In fact not sure when this was done before.

You said You're so bought into this Dem vs Rep BS it's funny! My comment was just in response to this.

5. It is a fact that the economy does better under democratic leadership. Fact is democrats work to improve the economy for everyone while the republicans just work on improving the situation for the rich. Why the hell do you think the rich has gotten richer during the past 30 years?

I will let you respond to these.
  • closinyou ehrhornp 2012/06/21 11:34:27
    closinyou
    Your 1st and 2nd paragraph have no substantial point whatsoever! I will say, my comment regarding your beliefs between dems and rep. doesn't actually give any insight at all into how I feel about the subject!

5. If that is a fact as you say it is, explain to me how Eisenhower a republican brought about a surplus of over 2.2 billion. What our country has gotten better at under democratic leadership is compromise of morals! We've been taught to look the other way! From A Jackson to B Clinton!
  • ehrhornp closinyou 2012/06/21 16:05:23
    ehrhornp
    Under Eisenhower the marginal tax rate was something like 90%. (something today's republicans would not stand for) Also after WWII there was a lot of pent up demand so lots of money to be made. While some of it was bad, most was good. Eisenhower could have been either a republican or a democrat but he went with the republicans. He would not get along with todays republicans who are only interested in making the rich richer. some republicans back then were actually concerned with the entire country, not just the rich.
  • ehrhornp closinyou 2012/06/21 16:09:51
    ehrhornp
    You make a point that my first two paragraphs have no substantial point but I disagree. I think it is pretty pathetic when a party blasts the other party for doing something it had previously proposed. I am surprised you think this is all right. It is not. It just shows the republicans have no values, no consistency, just nothing. So why take republicans seriously if they are going to dump their present position in the future?
  • closinyou ehrhornp 2012/08/07 06:34:12
    closinyou
    And we come full circle! More hasty generalizations! Why does ones political views, being different from yours, permit insulting that individual? Dems and reps aren't the problem here, those who want them to be the problem are the real problem!
  • ehrhornp closinyou 2012/08/07 07:26:05
    ehrhornp
    How is it a hasty generalization? Today's republicans would not accept past republican presidents today. Do you disagree with this? Eisenhower, read his 1956 platform, Nixon the true founder of Obama care, Reagan Increased taxes and wanted to do away with nuclear weapons entirely. Papa Bush increased taxes weeks after he was sworn in. (increased user fees)
  • closinyou ehrhornp 2012/08/07 16:43:01
    closinyou
    Are you sure your statements apply to every Republican?
  • ehrhornp closinyou 2012/08/07 17:10:53
    ehrhornp
    Ever heard the saying exceptions that prove the rule?
  • Cuppajo 2012/06/18 18:50:54
  • Flaming... Cuppajo 2012/06/18 21:40:15
    Flamingo Flame Gem *AFCL*
    +1
    I second that.

2014/04/19 02:08:54