Republicans should get real and let tax cuts for the rich expire. Agree or disagree?

Mopvyto 2012/12/03 11:36:32

• OPen Minded 2013/02/06 19:25:42
  • mama sew,gung ho 2012/12/08 02:53:03
    mama sew,gung ho
    +1
    Agreed!
  • prayer warrior 2012/12/08 00:46:47
  • Gloria 2012/12/05 14:45:42
    Gloria
    +1
    Agree.
    I emailed the White House and legislators this morning.
    Don't touch Social Security.
    Don't raise tax rates until a million dollars.
  • Beccy 2012/12/05 00:06:47
    +4
    These tax cuts were put in place in such a way that there would be a war trying to get rid of them. They should have never happened in the first place
  • trentin... Beccy 2012/12/05 08:11:03
    trentinafur
    +3
    Yeah...like how they were set to expire AFTER Bush would be long-gone??

Like setting a ticking time bomb - to explode two years after he's out of office. What a god-awful President that guy was.
  • Beccy trentin... 2012/12/06 00:36:03
    +2
    Yes and if we had that extra money all along we would be in better shape now. What people don;t realize is most of this debt they are talking about is the money that bailed out the banks which happened on little george's watch.
  • keeper 2012/12/04 20:11:37
    keeper
    +1
    Tax everyone who makes more than one million dollars a year at the rate of 50%. That would help the deficit.
  • Flash,aka,Mr.Lightning 2012/12/04 19:32:24
    Flash,aka,Mr.Lightning
    "findthelight2000" is a jackass moron that calls you an idiot and fails to answer your question and then blocks you from responding. Does a cut & paste libtard posting on deficit reduction and states Obama has cut the budget and can't show any specific cuts.
    Retard jackass of a mule's son. Lol!
  • Tarheel Flash,a... 2012/12/08 00:39:16
    Tarheel
    Well, you're doing a pretty good job of acting like one.
  • TombstoneJim 2012/12/04 19:11:36
    TombstoneJim
    I agree the loyal opposition to the democrats should stop all efforts to do what they perceive as correct, or to recommend policy that is at cross purposes to the Democratic Agenda. They should be supportive of any imitative put forward by Mr. Obama, Mr. Reid or Ms. Boxer.....no amendments, changes or improvements should be submitted. They should vote present for each and every legislative action. When asked their opinion, they should respond – “elections have consequences, and the American people by a slim margin have indicated they wish Mr. Obama’s agenda to move forward, while we do not approve of these legislative actions, we will stand aside and let that agenda progress. “
  • ShakibSays... 2012/12/04 18:17:01
    ShakibSays...
    +2
    I will be very happy if this happens because obama will give us the free stuff that we were promised!!!! Love it!!!
  • Flash,a... ShakibS... 2012/12/04 19:34:45
    Flash,aka,Mr.Lightning
    +1
    You tell 'em Bro! Did you get your free cell phone yet?
  • ShakibS... Flash,a... 2012/12/04 21:27:42
    ShakibSays...
    +2
    Not yet...but I hope I do.
  • Flash,a... ShakibS... 2012/12/04 21:44:31
    Flash,aka,Mr.Lightning
    Is your woman(s) collecting? There's a bunch of stuff you can get and never have to work again man. If you do do some work make sure you only get paid in cash that way you can still get the free stuff we be entittled to! Screw the man. Hang in there Bro!
  • ShakibS... Flash,a... 2012/12/05 00:39:15
    ShakibSays...
    +1
    Got it!! I knows how the system works and love it!! My woman don't work.
  • Flash,a... ShakibS... 2012/12/05 00:46:59
    Flash,aka,Mr.Lightning
    +1
    My woman works for cash only. If you ever in Jersey we could cruise the strip. Hey what your basketball team man? The Brook Nets paying off for me big time!
  • ShakibS... Flash,a... 2012/12/05 00:49:55
    ShakibSays...
    I hear you, I will keep that in mind when in Jersey. I like the Lakers but they suck big time.
  • Flash,a... ShakibS... 2012/12/05 00:53:45
    Flash,aka,Mr.Lightning
    +1
    Cause they gots them 2 white dudes man!
  • ShakibS... Flash,a... 2012/12/05 00:55:15
    ShakibSays...
    +1
    it ain't so... the whole team sucks and I hate kobe.
  • Flash,a... ShakibS... 2012/12/05 22:08:53
    Flash,aka,Mr.Lightning
    Hey did you get your free phone yet from Obama? I gots 4 of them. If you need help I'll give you the low down on it. Hang in there.
  • trentin... ShakibS... 2012/12/05 08:22:55
    trentinafur
    +1
    mudskipper

Wallowing in the mud again, eh mudsucker? I mean you....you with the lyin'ass profile and photo.

You're pondscum, my friend. Pond. Scum. WTF are you doing in my liberal state. Git'cher cracker-ass to Texas or Arizona where you belong, mud-boy. GIT!
  • PJ Sweet Cheeks 2012/12/04 17:08:25
    PJ  Sweet Cheeks
    +1
    DISAGREE! Because Obama and the democrats end up putting so much other crap in these plans it is do what we want or we blame it on you!
    So sick of this crap...we need these Bush tax cuts!
    We will all be paying more for this Obama care in 2014...you want to even pay more taken out per year!!! I figured it out...Between Obamacare and losing this married tax cut...I will be paying close to $5,000.00 more per year in taxes!!!
    Wait until you Obama voters get your premiums and taxes, lmao...only problem is it is too late!
    How ironic is it that Congress writes these tax laws, then points fingers at each other for abusing them?
    Sorry Democrats but you are wrong about who pays more! Stop trying to brainwash the people!

http://www.heritage.org/resea...

http://www.american.com/archi...
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news...
    BOTTOM LINE FOR CONSUMERS;
    Q: What will happen to my insurance premiums?

A: Most consumers can expect to keep seeing increases in premiums and co-payments because the underlying cost of health care is expected to rise. The law contains a few mechanisms to curb premiums, but it also requires that many insurance providers make their benefits more generous, which will raise their cost.

More links about it;
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/d...
    THINK ABOUT THIS ABOUT WHAT THEY SAY...

http://www.heritage.org/resea...

http://www.american.com/archi...
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news...
    BOTTOM LINE FOR CONSUMERS;

More links about it;
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/d...
    THINK ABOUT THIS ABOUT WHAT THEY SAY HERE;
    Existing federal laws already cover the poor, the elderly, and the roughly 60% of Americans who get their insurance through their employers. Those laws provide free or low-cost care to just about anyone who needs it, and ban practices like charging higher rates for people with preexisting conditions in employer-based plans. The law won’t help them much and could make them worse off, if you agree that the minimum standards for health insurance policies and broader access to subsidized healthcare by the poor will drive taxes and costs up instead of down.

One more link;
    http://www.washingtontimes.co...

The so-called Bush tax cuts are scheduled to expire at the end of the year. Although some of the cuts retain bipartisan support in Congress and may yet be extended, as of now, Washington has some severe changes in store for you and your family.

[Click here to check savings products and rates in your area.]
    More from SmartMoney.com:

• Negotiating Estate Tax Gridlock

• Self Employed? Remember the Roth IRA Option

• Divorce and Your Retirement Accounts

Higher Tax Rates for All

You may have been led to believe that only individuals in the top two brackets will face higher federal income taxes when the Bush cuts go bye-bye. Not true! Unless Congress takes action and President Obama goes along, rates will go up for everyone -- not just a sliver of the wealthiest Americans. The current six rate brackets of 10%, 15%, 25%, 28%, 33% and 35% will be replaced by five new brackets with the higher rates of 15%, 28%, 31%, 36% and 39.6%. Just a few months ago, it seemed like a safe bet that Congress would make a fix to keep the existing 10%, 15%, 25% and 28% rate brackets to help out lower and middle-income folks. That bet is now looking iffy.

link provided:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news...
  • geenaroses 2012/12/04 16:10:37
    geenaroses
    Agree...Why aren't we listening to what the top 2% are saying? It is THEIR money being affected. They aren't arguing about this - the Republican party is, but why??
  • Guru_T_Firefly 2012/12/04 14:56:02
    Guru_T_Firefly
    Agree.
  • SABLE 2012/12/04 13:39:12
    SABLE
    agree
  • Flash,aka,Mr.Lightning 2012/12/04 13:09:34
    Flash,aka,Mr.Lightning
    This 'get the rich' tax thing is a lie. In 2010 the Dem congress passed bill and Obama signed to eliminate previous tax cuts starting in 2013. EVERYONE's taxes going up,- rich, middle class and the working poor. Child deductions cut to $500,- your parents leave you something the inheritance tax is back. Plus Obama Care penalties kick in as the government FORCES you to buy their product (muslims are exempt). Obama trimmed no entitlements in past 4 years and offers none now. You fools re-elected him and now you will pay in Obama's Revenge. He wants income to continue spending to bankrupt America and give billions to new muslim brotherhood nations like Egypt & Libya and for Brizil oil drilling. If the government printed $1 a second to print a trillion dollars it would take 38 years to print it. Don't even understand the magnitude of the debt.
  • Maynard 2012/12/04 12:52:52
    Maynard
    +1
    1; Obama had the House and Senate, NEVER REQUESTED HIGHER TAXES on the rich, WHY NOW?

2; IF our side gives on taxes, WILL YOUR SIDE AGREE TO SOME CUTS? Name them.
  • scottcleaves 2012/12/04 06:20:49
    scottcleaves
    Yes. It is the will of the people.
  • David 2012/12/04 04:58:08
    David
    Of course and vote for keeping the Bush tax cuts for those earning below 250,000 when it come up tomorrow!
  • jdemme 2012/12/04 03:51:04
    jdemme
    +1
    Agree. I'd rather pay a little more than watch the middle class suffer.
  • RogerCoppock 2012/12/04 03:46:29
    RogerCoppock
    +1
    Agree.
  • Cn2012 2012/12/04 03:31:48
    Cn2012
    I agree, but democrats also need a reality check. They need to finally open up their ears to real ideas on social reform. There has to be a more cost effective way of providing valuable services to our citizens, who are in need, than our current system which is wrought with corruption and waste.
  • TXGirl 2012/12/04 02:56:11
    TXGirl
    +2
    Completely agree!!
  • rk 2012/12/04 01:11:21
    rk
    +2
    No new taxes for anyone!
  • Georgia50 2012/12/04 01:08:24
    Georgia50
    +2
    First, there never were any "tax cuts for the rich." The Bush tax cuts were based on money paid in. Lots of rich people paid little or no tax and therefore got little or no tax refunds.

Secondly, the Democrats are not taxing the rich. They SAY they are taxing the rich. Anything below $500k in wages per year (and wages is kinda the point here) is not rich. RichER than some, perhaps, but not rich.

Let the Democrats start talking about entertainers, athletes, and the net worth of millionaires if they're serious about taxing the rich. They can't, they won't and they know it.
  • Kaleoku... Georgia50 2012/12/04 03:05:47
    Kaleokualoha
    +2
    "The rich" are defined as the upper 2% of income.
  • Georgia50 Kaleoku... 2012/12/04 15:51:37
    Georgia50
    Yep. And Congress defines "below poverty level" at a point above my first annual salary after college (1987, $21k/year). No offense, but I don't give a rat's ass about congressional definitions.
  • Kaleoku... Georgia50 2012/12/04 18:45:48
    Kaleokualoha
    What do you define as the cutoff between upper class and middle class? $500K/year?
  • Georgia50 Kaleoku... 2012/12/04 23:11:09 (edited)
    Georgia50
    Hadn't really thought about it. The larger point is why Washington is so focused on wages instead of the static wealth of high net worth individuals who may or may not have a paycheck. The idle rich need to be taxed more than the working rich.

2014/09/21 22:12:27