Republicans ignored it when Bush said he did not believe in the Bible, yet they call Obama the Antichrist ! Are they being hypocritical ?

grizzly 2009/02/09 21:05:41

• Civic Minded 2009/02/09 22:07:35
    Civic Minded
    Your question is inaccurate, as to imply that he does not believe in Christ. Which he does. Many people think the Bible is a collection of stories that are divinely inspired. We cannot know all the facts, but archaeological research has found much evidence to support many things in the Bible. Here is a brief article about the interview with Bush:

Bush: Bible, evolution not at odds
    Dec 8, 2008
    WASHINGTON (AFP) — US President George W. Bush said in an interview Monday that the Bible is "probably not" literally true and that a belief that God created the world is compatible with the theory of evolution.
    "I think you can have both," Bush, who leaves office January 20, told ABC television, adding "You're getting me way out of my lane here. I'm just a simple president."
    But "evolution is an interesting subject. I happen to believe that evolution doesn't fully explain the mystery of life," said the president, an outspoken Christian who often invokes God in his speeches.
    "I think that God created the Earth, created the world; I think the creation of the world is so mysterious it requires something as large as an almighty and I don't think it's incompatible with the scientific proof that there is evolution," he told ABC television.
    Asked whether the Bible was literally true, Bush replied: "Probably n...'"
    "''"

Bush: Bible, evolution not at odds
    Dec 8, 2008
    Asked whether the Bible was literally true, Bush replied: "Probably not. No, I'm not a literalist, but I think you can learn a lot from it."
    "The important lesson is 'God sent a son,'" he said.
  • socko 2009/02/09 21:59:15
  • Its Ms.MiMi,b!tch 2009/02/09 21:44:54
    YES
    Its Ms.MiMi,b!tch
    of course,its the conservative way..
  • CelebratingTheEndOfTheGOP 2009/02/09 21:26:37
    YES
    CelebratingTheEndOfTheGOP
    +2
    When are Republicans NOT hypocrites?
  • I'm Left, You're Wrong 2009/02/09 21:24:09
    YES
    I'm Left, You're Wrong
    +2
    If you look up "hypocrisy" in the dictionary there will be a picture of the Republican Party as the definition.
  • Bob™ the Union Ironworker 2009/02/09 21:21:26
    YES
    Bob™ the Union Ironworker
    +2
    Bush did let that slip but denied it to reconnect with the "base". Did anyone see the hypocrite go to church. If you ask me Bush has a 666 under his hairline.

bush slip denied reconnect base hypocrite church bush 666 hairline
  • Angel 2009/02/09 21:14:00
    Angel
    I never heard Bush that statement......can you prove he did
  • flaca BN-0 Angel 2009/02/09 21:55:56
    flaca BN-0
    Asked whether the Bible was literally true, Bush replied: "Probably not. No, I'm not a literalist, but I think you can learn a lot from it.''
  • Angel flaca BN-0 2009/02/09 21:58:52
    Angel
    thank you flaca
  • ☠Marz555☠ 2009/02/09 21:07:59
    ☠Marz555☠
    +2
    Bush really said that... come on, he is not that smart.

2014/09/23 10:21:25