Remember when Obama was photographed with this book in his hand? Why do you think he was reading "THE POST AMERICAN WORLD"?

Drue-AFCL 2012/12/05 15:11:10
Related Topics: Obama, BP, American

Remember when Obama was photographed with this book in his hand  Why do you think he was reading  THE POST AMERICAN WORLD   Remember when Obama was photographed with this book in his hand  Why do you think he was reading  THE POST AMERICAN WORLD

• ProudProgressive 2012/12/05 15:36:06
    He was reading it because. . . . . . . .
    ProudProgressive
    +20
    He's literate and intelligent and well informed. You generally don't see Republicans reading actual books because they are not interested in the real world and don't want to listen to any opinions except their own.

On the other hand, when the fate of the nation hangs in the balance, Republicans WILL stop for a little important reading.....

bush my pet goat

• jumpboots 187th PIR 2012/12/13 02:22:21
    jumpboots 187th PIR
    +1
    He was reading it because he was checking out the best golf courses. obama playing golf
  • Scrappyang 2012/12/11 18:18:17
    Scrappyang
    He reads a variety of books. I recall the conservatives claiming PTUS would do all they are spouting in this thread. i don't s4ee how people can do that withhout even regarding something about the book itself.
  • Quazimoto 2012/12/11 17:44:02
    Quazimoto
    +1
    He want's to get ideas how to make sure America as a super power, will never hold this title again. Credit rating agency Egan-Jones is downgrading its rating on U.S. debt to AA- from AA, citing Federal Reserve plans to try to stimulate the economy. One step at a time the man is dragging down this country.
  • Stan Kapusta 2012/12/07 07:12:15
    Stan Kapusta
    +1
    It's called a prop.
  • Irene Cochran 2012/12/07 05:57:44
    I really have no idea why he would be reading THAT book
    Irene Cochran
    +1
    Probably just trying to look good on Camera.
  • timothy.hill.14 2012/12/07 04:36:31
    timothy.hill.14
    +2
    I don't know the man's taste in literature but maybe there could be something to learn from the author. I'd like to read it one day soon and see if there's anything to fuss about it.
  • Sheila 2012/12/06 19:34:47
    Sheila
    +2
    Owners manual. Or his playbook. Depends what way you want to look at it.
  • ReconMarine~PWCM*AVA*BTTB*JLA* 2012/12/06 19:29:55
  • iamthemob ~ the 444th Guru ~ 2012/12/06 17:30:55
    iamthemob ~ the 444th Guru ~
    +1
    ....it's an interesting book and topic?
  • Barbara Hasler 2012/12/06 07:02:27
    Barbara Hasler
    +3
    Maybe he was just posing for a photo op to show that he can actually read. Most libs when confronted about their politicians cannot even recognize a picture of Biden. They read or hear nothing about the candidates except to go for the freebies and that they must be good children and love Obama. \\

It is a well know fact to Conservatives that the current regime is in favor of One World government with borderless land masses run by a dictatorship and the UN General Assembley. He is reading up on it with, God forbid, hopes of being the Dictator in Chief.
  • GAC 2012/12/06 03:44:33
    GAC
    +2
    ...he believes in a one world government. Period.
  • BlytheS... GAC 2012/12/06 07:34:40
    BlytheSpirit~bn0
    +1
    Not what the book is about. Period.
  • Matt 2012/12/06 03:10:23
    Matt
    +1
    Obama was photographed with that book because politics in America closely resembles the hype that accompanies professional wrestling. Republicans and Democrats are like Hulk Hogan versus The Undertaker.
  • nails 2012/12/06 03:05:42
    nails
    +2
    He's the reason the book was written.He enjoy's dwelving into the future.
    +1
    who cares?
  • Judog10 2012/12/06 01:29:00
    Judog10
    +3
    INFORMATION IS POWER, WHEN YOU READ YOU INCREASE YOUR KNOWLEDGE OF THE WORLD IS INCREASE.
  • KarenInKenoshaWisconsin 2012/12/06 01:05:58
    KarenInKenoshaWisconsin
    +3
    I would imagine that a president or other person who works with others from different nations might like to know the variety of different mindsets and directional forces out there so that he can come to his own conclusions.

A president in a small world reality bubble probably wouldn't make a very good one.

Let the 'guilt by association' and 'got to be one to read one' crap just fall by the wayside with all the other logic errors and just really dumb ideas.
  • BlytheS... KarenIn... 2012/12/06 07:36:08
    BlytheSpirit~bn0
    +1
    The book in question was written by an American citizen.
  • Wanda5245 - Citizen Activis... 2012/12/06 00:00:08
    Wanda5245 - Citizen Activist Who Wants Spunkysmum Back On SH
    +8
    For ideas and inspiration on furthering his plans to destroy our way of life.
  • BlytheS... Wanda52... 2012/12/06 07:36:46
    BlytheSpirit~bn0
    Not what the book is about. Try again...
  • Dogman 2012/12/05 23:49:38
    Dogman
    +5
    He wants to learn. Isn't that why people read? I remember an interview with one of Clinton's aides who said Clinton read books constantly. Obama seems to have the same thirst for knowledge that Clinton did. That's not a bad thing.
  • rightside 2012/12/05 23:48:01
    rightside
    +9
    He wants to know what happens after he destroys America????
  • BlytheS... rightside 2012/12/06 07:37:06
    BlytheSpirit~bn0
    +1
  • Georgia50 2012/12/05 23:44:22
    Georgia50
    +4
    My only guess as to why is because he's already finished Mein Kampf. Honest injun, the wiki profile suggests it's not all that bad. Some reviewers describe it as prose with a journalistic flourish, but with no new research. Thus it's only slightly beyond Obama's grasp. (Hopefully there are lots of pictures.) Bush Sr.'s "new world order" comment was and is more troubling to me inasmuch as I oppose the elimination of national sovereignty.
  • Jim 2012/12/05 23:42:26
    Jim
    +6
    He wants to destroy America as we know it. He wants to be king. He is reading this book to get ideas on what to do to fulfill his dream.
  • BlytheS... Jim 2012/12/06 07:37:40
    BlytheSpirit~bn0
    +1
  • Frank Stephens 2012/12/05 23:40:10 (edited)
    Frank Stephens
    +4
    Author Fareed Zakaria praised Barack Obama for his nuanced understanding of what Zakaria has called the “Post-American World.” Nuanced understanding?

Where to start with Mr. Zakaria’s indictment of America and praise for Obama understanding America should retreat to 3rd world status? George Bush traveled frequently to “emerging nations,” as did Bill Clinton. The former’s multibillion-dollar initiatives to help battle AIDS in Africa have saved millions of lives. Long before Obama, the G-something meetings were ALREADY more than “the old Western club.” Unlike Obama in Libya or Clinton in Serbia, Bush did NOT intervene in Afghanistan or Iraq without first obtaining congressional support. Bush obtained United Nations approval for our intervention in Afghanistan and tried to for Iraq. In contrast, Clinton did not go to the U.N. before bombing Serbia, and Obama obtained U.N. resolutions to enforce a no-fly-zone in Libya and offer humanitarian aid, and he then summarily far exceeded both by bombing ground troops.

So many lies – so many places to start with condemning Obama.
  • realityjunkie 2012/12/05 23:39:58
    realityjunkie
    +4
    It is a best seller and many other people read it too. It is a book about where we were and where we are going. The gist of the book is that America is getting stronger and we are moving toward a peaceful and prosperous world.
  • A. J. Kenner 2012/12/05 22:36:48
    A. J. Kenner
    +7
    ....he is a Neo Nazi/Soviet Fascist who, as we are seeing, is bent on destroying the United States with the help of the NDPA, the UN and Moslem Terrorists where they can be utilized to his benefit. Terrorist help wil never happen for him, but he will continue to find a way.
  • BlytheS... A. J. K... 2012/12/06 07:38:22
    BlytheSpirit~bn0
    +1
  • silentart 2012/12/05 22:36:31
    silentart
    +3
    Can not make good or bad points because I have not read that book...
  • BlytheS... silentart 2012/12/06 07:38:43
    BlytheSpirit~bn0
    +1
    Finally. A resonable answer.
  • mind-pilot 2012/12/05 22:20:54
    mind-pilot
    +3
    Why did we read 1984? Why did we read the Bible? We already know the answer why? Why did he read Profiles in Courage?
  • syl 2012/12/05 21:47:36
    syl
    +8
    It's been his design to let our economy slide further down the tank, along with our credit rating now AA-. he's dissing our allies-(Israel, & Mubarek), strengthening our enemies-(Muslim, Arab countries), & hasn't put a stop to Iran building their nukes.
    China is holding most of our debt.
    Our debt is unsustainable.
    He's not doing anything to reign in his super-spending ($6 trillion in 4 yrs.)
    He's trying to change our country into a socialistic one.
    He's written 923 Executive Orders to place himself in power completely if he declares a national emergency.

Just when was he reading this book?
  • BlytheS... syl 2012/12/06 07:39:07
    BlytheSpirit~bn0
    +1
  • syl BlytheS... 2012/12/06 19:08:34
    syl
    +1
    I posted what he's DOING, not reading, but wouldn't doubt it coincided with the book.
  • BlytheS... syl 2012/12/06 19:26:13
    BlytheSpirit~bn0
    +1
    Again, you are answering a question when you have no idea what you are talking about. I know you won't READ the book because the author has a "funny" sounding name. But, you should at least read a review of the book before you make comments that make no sense. You don't have to like Obama. I don't like him much either. But his reading this book has nothing to do with that.
  • syl BlytheS... 2012/12/07 22:30:42
    syl
    Listen bimbo, you're the one who doesn't know what you're talking about-nothing I say makes sense to YOU, because you know nothing about what I'm talking about!
    Hello? anybody home in there?
    If you knew anything about politics & what Obama has done-his track history-maybe you'd begin to understand!

You have no sense, so give it a rest.
  • BlytheS... syl 2012/12/08 07:23:47
    BlytheSpirit~bn0
    +1
    No where in my reply did I suggest that I am an Obama supporter. The ignorance is yours because of your assumptions, all of which are inaccurate. You need to calm down, learn some critical thinking skills and, as you say, give it a rest. I understand that when you are caught saying something incredibly stupid the first thing you want to do is come out swinging and call people names like "bimbo." To prevent this from happening in the future, all you have to do is think before you write. I'm not sure you are capable of doing this, but you might want to give it a try.
  • syl BlytheS... 2012/12/11 19:39:16
    syl
    Try reading my original post. You are the rude commenter, & only twist words which you seem to enjoy doing. I do not.

Go somewhere else.

2014/10/24 14:46:27