REMEMBER WHEN OBAMA SAID HE WANTED TO EMULATE ABRAHAM LINCOLN?? DO YOU THINK OLD ABE WOULD BE PROUD??

Drue-AFCL 2012/05/05 17:01:43

• Lee David 2012/05/10 12:07:03 (edited)
    Lee
    lol

Are you looking in the mirror and talking to yourself again?

Put your clothes back on.

Ugh
  • ☆GrayBeard☆ ~PWCM~JLA~ 2012/05/06 04:23:52
    NO
    ☆GrayBeard☆ ~PWCM~JLA~
    +1
    Not only
    NoBma
    But HELL NO!
  • sharkhead 2012/05/06 04:23:27
    NO
    sharkhead
    +1
    Lincoln would slap him upside the head.
  • BlytheSpirit~bn0 2012/05/06 04:18:19
    YES
    BlytheSpirit~bn0
    +3
    Whether Lincoln would be proud or not is beside the issue. The mere fact that Mr. Lincoln would have a huge issue with a black person being president would override anything else he'd be feeling. Lincoln wanted to send all black people out of the country and didn't believe that whites and blacks could, or should, live together in the same society. After reading through the replies to this question, it's obvious that people know virtually nothing about Abe Lincoln, what he did during his presidency, what he really thought about the slavery issue and people of color in general, the liberties he took during his term in office and what the American people thought about him, his wife and the job he was doing. Really people, learn your history!!! It is your country you're talking about after all.
  • Keith BlytheS... 2012/05/06 06:39:48
    Keith
    +2
    Exactly he didn't end slavery because he wanted to help out the blacks in the US he did it because he felt slavery was unjust and didn't belong in a civilized society. Still he did pave the way for change but not the way he envisioned it.
  • Lee BlytheS... 2012/05/09 14:23:00
    Lee
    +1
    Lincoln was a product of his times.

And according to the common wisdom of the time, dark-skinned races were inferior.

Even many of the most vocal Northern abolitionists shared that racist view.
  • BlytheS... Lee 2012/05/10 00:07:51
    BlytheSpirit~bn0
    I'm aware of that, but unfortunately too many Americans are not and insist that he was ahead of his time. I'm not trying to damn the man. I just think it is important to know history as it was, not as we wish it had been.
  • D D 2012/05/06 03:57:22
  • Herbtheman 2012/05/06 03:00:37
    NO
    Herbtheman
    +1
    obummer might make Lincoln sorry he freed the slaves.
  • Texas Johnny 2012/05/06 02:54:13
    NO
    Texas Johnny
    +1
    Lincoln fought like hell to preserve the union,B.O. is trying to destroy it.
    Maybe B.O should remember this quote for Ol' Honest Abe since he so fond of quoting former presidents: " A house divided against itself cannot stand".
    He is playing on the ignorance of his voting block.
  • Lee Texas J... 2012/05/10 12:15:43
    Lee
    Obama is also trying to preserve the Union.

Lincoln's most vocal opponents were anti-government states-rightist ultra-Conservative Nut Jobs.

And guess what?

Obama's most vocal opponents are anti-government states-rightist ultra-Conservative Nut Jobs.
  • Texas J... Lee 2012/05/10 16:07:28
    Texas Johnny
    I see. Then I guess Obama pitting class against class is a great unifying tactic?
    Saying that everyone must pay their fair share but 47% of Americans don't pay income taxes and his biggest supporter ,Warren Buffet owe billions and refuses to pay.
    Sounds like a plan bro!
  • Lee Texas J... 2012/05/11 00:42:09
    Lee
    Obama is not pitting class against class.

Republican propagandists like to say that, but Republicans lie a lot you should know that.

How is Obama "pitting class against class?"

Sources . . . Real sources . . . and some lying right wing nut job bs.

OK ???
  • doc moto 2012/05/06 02:40:38
    NO
    doc moto
    Nope, look at this picture, Abe would be one of two persons; the one thinking about jumping off of the bridge or the one with the expression and where is Abe's bread? He pulled all the hairs out just on the thought of such a thought! NOBAMA would make ABE rest much easier!
    bridge expression abes bread pulled hairs nobama abe rest easier
  • Vitalani 2012/05/06 02:28:46
    NO
    Vitalani
    And he would want to do that why? Why would someone emulate another person who would refuse to shake their hand because their skin is darker?
  • snipe Vitalani 2012/05/06 03:16:27
    snipe
    Bet you were taught that in School, huh?
  • Vitalani snipe 2012/05/06 03:19:46
    Vitalani
    No actually they teach kids that Abe was a wonderful man who's mindset about racism was lightyears ahead of his time. You've got things backwards.
  • snipe Vitalani 2012/05/06 03:22:47 (edited)
    snipe
    Then how do you know Abe wouldn't shake obama's hand? I doubt obama would shake Abe's hand.
  • Vitalani snipe 2012/05/06 03:27:06
    Vitalani
    +1
    No? He even said himself that he would have preferred NOT to free the slaves but that it was necessary. Are you trying to say that the TRUTH about the person he was is taught in our schools? Because it certainly is not.

"If I could save the Union without freeing any slaves, I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves, I would do it, and if I could do it by freeing some and leaving others alone, I would also so that"

“I will say then that I am not, nor ever have been in favor of bringing about in anyway the social and political equality of the white and black races – that I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality. And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race. I say upon this occasion I do not perceive that because the white man is to have the superior position the negro should be denied everything.”
  • snipe Vitalani 2012/05/06 04:05:51
    snipe
    Now, you have to remember that Lincoln was a Politician and running for office at the time. I'm not defending Lincoln's words, but you have to remember it was 1858 not 2012. What you copied and pasted was said in his 4th debate with Douglas. In his first debate with Douglas he said that African Americans were entitled to the rights of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness as stated in the Declaration of Independence, although there was still racist (for our times) rhetoric in that debate as well, so please don't copy and paste what he said in the first debate I know what he said. Lincoln didn't believe in the sovereignty of the States. Now, that's the thing about Lincoln that obama's trying to emulate cause he sure doesn't believe in State sovereignty either!
  • Vitalani snipe 2012/05/06 04:38:28
    Vitalani
    And the first quote? And ALL the other ones? What about the racist comments in private letters which he sent? He was a racist by today's standards. That was my point.
  • marcuss LIBERALS ARE TRAITORS 2012/05/06 02:28:18
    NO
    marcuss LIBERALS ARE TRAITORS
    +2
    He is reverse emulating. 0WEbama is enslaving all of us to gubment debt.
  • Jimbo marcuss... 2012/05/06 04:57:19 (edited)
  • marcuss... Jimbo 2012/05/06 14:34:06
  • AL 2012/05/06 02:28:00
    NO
    AL
    +2
    I think If Lincoln was able to come back from his grave, he would kick Obamas marxist ass!
  • Firefly 2012/05/06 02:14:18
    NO
    Firefly
    ummm...

Dude was shot,

was he NOT ?!?!

There's a silly goal,

dontchya think ?

SMH, LOL, an'

~ jus'sayin' ~

Peace :0 )
  • Gregaj7 2012/05/06 01:42:30
    NO
  • David 2012/05/06 01:37:30
    YES
    David
    But emulate Abe without a civil war, impossible!
  • AL David 2012/05/06 02:29:52
    AL
    +1
    Oh! Don't worry, Obama is about to start one now anyway!
  • David AL 2012/05/06 02:36:43
    David
    And I thought that was the birthers and their elk!
  • AL David 2012/05/06 02:54:26 (edited)
    AL
    LOL! Nice try, yet I'm not one of Obamas far left idiots starting all the trouble and violence of the occupy movment myself
  • David AL 2012/05/06 03:01:47
    David
    Al I'm not sure that I agree with you about the Occupy movement for I blieve that the diverse group have some very real points to make. But the truth is that there idiots everywhere whether they be right wing militia groups training to take government by force or something else!
  • AL David 2012/05/06 05:40:51
    AL
    LOL!I really don't care if you agree or not! Since I don't back Marxist A** holes that Riot to get their own way myself! Yet how much violence and property damage have you seen from the tea party so far?????????????
  • David AL 2012/05/07 02:16:12
    David
    To be perfectly honest I have followed neither group that closely to comment!
  • AL David 2012/05/07 03:33:00 (edited)
    AL
    LOL! I'm sure you don't! I wonder why that is?
  • Lee 2012/05/06 01:34:55 (edited)
    YES
    Lee
    +2
    Obama has a lot more in common with Abe Lincoln than do the pathetic Right Wing rabble who took Lincoln's Grand Old Party and perverted it into a sick, twisted organization dedicated to opposing all progress.
  • marcuss... Lee 2012/05/06 02:29:01
    marcuss LIBERALS ARE TRAITORS
    +1
    We oppose STUPIDITY unlike you LWNJ ass clowns.
  • Lee marcuss... 2012/05/06 02:34:36
    Lee
    +1
    Do have anything worth saying.

. . . or are baseless insults all you have to offer.

. . . yeah . . that's what I thought.
  • marcuss... Lee 2012/05/06 02:52:56
    marcuss LIBERALS ARE TRAITORS
    Factual insults.

Seemy YOU support the party dedicated to opposing all progress.

Keystone XL is a fine example of YOU AND YOUR ILK opposing progress.
  • Lee marcuss... 2012/05/06 03:38:26 (edited)
    Lee
    +1
    Keystone XL has the potential of causing immense damage to ecosystems and to human beings for generations to come if a rupture should occur.

Why do you think the state of Nebraska absolutely REFUSED to allow the pipeline to run through the state?

Fortunately, we have a far-seeing Democratic administration in place who sees the value in doing a thorough cost benefits analysis of such an undertaking and not just haphazardly give the OK to something that could do such damage.

That's another example of the difference in values between Dems and the Repugs.

Republicans traditionally have ignored the long term safety and security of the nation if that would allow immediate profits to be made by rich and influential political pressure groups.

That behavior brought about the financial crisis. Laissez Faire Reaganism with its hands off governance allowed shady derivatives of derivatives to be created, bought, and sold . . . to the benefit of Wall Streeters and to the detriment of everyone else, including idiotic Republiclones who are too dumb to know what's good for them.

Come on marcuss, admit it . . . what has been the traditional viewpoint of Repulicans on these issues??

Taxation - Avoid it at all costs and thereby build up a huge national debt to pass on to our children.

The Environme...

The Environment -: Exploit it, Destroy it, and let future generations worry about it.

Global Warming - Deny it exists and let our grandchildren deal with its horrible consequences.

When it comes down to it, Right Wingers, who claim to be so moral and family oriented really don't give a damn about the health and welfare of their own Grandchildren.

There is nothing more disgusting than the filthy Right Wing infestation that burdens this nation today.

2014/10/21 00:51:34