Remember the Balanced Approach the Democrats and Obama campaigned on?

KCurtis 2012/12/01 13:20:28

Well as it turns out, just like shovel ready jobs weren’t as shovel
ready as they hoped; neither is the balanced approach as balanced.
During the campaign, President Barack Obama indicated he wanted a
balanced approach to avoiding the fiscal cliff and balancing the budget—
an approach that included both new revenue and spending cuts

By now you’ve heard of the “fiscal cliff,” the billions in automatic
spending cuts and tax increases scheduled on Jan. 1 that will affect
virtually every American. Meanwhile, however, an expanding cadre of
Democrats and liberal groups have called on Congress to address the
January tax hikes and spending cuts without making any reductions in
federal benefits or cutting spending in a way that would cause job
losses. That means, well, no cuts in federal spending.

In fact, Obama doubled down, “Barack Obama’s proposal to
avoid the fiscal cliff by boosting revenue by $1.6 trillion over the
next decade would be a “crippling blow” to the economy and leave the
nation’s debt problems unresolved.”Speaker Boehner said.

Not to mention there is no offer to reduce spending, in fact Obama’s
offer increases spending under his 2013 Budget with no offer to reduce
any spending whatsoever.

Once more Barack Obama has no intentions of compromise, and what’s
more; he never did. I guess all the dumb masses that voted for him have
been taken again.

Read More: http://www.followingjohngalt.org/remember-the-bala...

• Charu ∞ijm♥∞ 2012/12/01 13:31:01
    Charu ∞ijm♥∞
    +17
    We all knew it was BS and so the "end" is here....
    IMHO....the conservatives should vote "present"
    and obama totally own this one.
    This will hit home to his devoted followers and
    they will see what we have been talking about years.
    just sayin........

• dominic garcia 2012/12/04 01:43:11
    dominic garcia
    +1
    Is there anybody out there, who can trust Obama's word?
  • ehrhornp 2012/12/03 16:17:08
    Liberal Lies
    ehrhornp
    Phony conservatives are so funny. To talk about lies when you had the biggest liar in G W Bush. Say have you found those WMDs yet? How about getting your buddy Bin Laden?

You know if you phonies actually worked instead of setting up road blocks, this country would be in better shape. But no you idiots fought Obama every inch of the way. You still lost. lol
  • KCurtis ehrhornp 2012/12/03 23:59:26
    KCurtis
    Do you mean those WMDs that the congress believed were in place when they voted to go to war? Those WMDs or are you talking about some other WMDs?
  • ehrhornp KCurtis 2012/12/04 00:20:12
    ehrhornp
    The WMDs that Scott Ritter said could not possibly exist. You know he was a weapons inspector and knew what he was talking about. Congress, if they believed they exist, only did so based upon the Lies of the Bush administration.
  • KCurtis ehrhornp 2012/12/04 00:22:30
    KCurtis
    Sure OK like they did when they voted for Obamacare? Cry me a river.
  • ehrhornp KCurtis 2012/12/04 00:44:47
    ehrhornp
    lol, what does Obamacare, a republican invention have to do with anything? If there are lies connected with it, again it has its source is with republicans.
  • Drue-AFCL 2012/12/03 00:05:07
    Drue-AFCL
    +2
    SAme old story, same old song and dance . . . .my friend!

• Ministerofblog 2012/12/02 23:30:54
    Ministerofblog
    +1
    Absolutely! But the problem is they actually think its OK because the end result JUSTIFYS the lying they do, so no foul! But maybe one of those EXTRA 7 states that Obama said existed voted him over the top?

57 states
  • belle 2012/12/02 18:27:09
    belle
    +1
    When Obama was out spreading his lies for re-election, they were just empty words. Meaning nothing if he didn't back them up, which he never will or at least not for the good of the American people.
  • mk, Smartass Oracle 2012/12/02 17:04:53
  • Charles R. Anderson 2012/12/02 14:42:27
    Charles R. Anderson
    +1
    The socialist claim that redistribution of income is good for the General Welfare is so false that any socialist has to become a master liar. Obama lied about his past, lied that he intended to put racism behind us, lied that he cares about the little guy when all he cares about is corruption and disobeying the law, lied about having a transparent administration, lied about our being able to keep the health care insurance we liked, lied about bringing down the cost of health insurance for most Americans, lied that most Americans would get better medical treatment, lied about the cause of the Great Recession, lied the man-made CO2 emissions are causing a catastrophic global warming problem, lied that we had little in the way of petroleum and natural gas so drilling more would not produce many jobs and would not reduce our energy costs, lied that coal use is causing much more harm than it is, lied that wind, solar, and biomass would would create large additions of energy and jobs, lied that his green energy grants were not just rewards to campaign contributors, lied about Fast and Furious, lied about Benghazi, lied about the dangers of the Keystone XL pipeline, and lied that he has not increased taxes on the middle class. Yet this sick con man won re-election. What kind of suckers voted for this con man?
  • Seonag 2012/12/02 14:08:23
    Seonag
    +1
    I am so tired of the BS. Personally, I'd just as soon see us go back to the Clinton tax rates at this point AND THEN WORK on the changes needed in the tax code. What Obama has proposed will only take us deeper into debt. Oh, and yes, my taxes would go up, and you can bet I'll be pestering my congress representatives to get on the ball and do some major tax reform!
  • Rebecca 2012/12/02 14:05:34 (edited)
    Rebecca
    +1
    Balanced Approach:
    b alanced
  • redhorse29 2012/12/02 07:35:31
    Lies
    redhorse29
    +1
    Yea ===== LIES
  • Rodney 2012/12/02 07:06:33
    Rodney
    +1
    And once again he promises cuts, but in the future (after he leaves office of course). I honestly think he is delusional, Does the public realize that the Payroll Tax relief is actually shorting the Social Security fund by billions? Like we can afford to short the SS Trust?
  • Dan 2012/12/02 03:56:31
    Dan
    +2
    Of course and Libtards would say it never happened. Obi Del Sol never lies and always come through with the welfare check. To keep his idiots I mean supporters happy. Just like a bunch of Sheep that they are.
  • rbeas Dan 2012/12/02 04:04:13
    rbeas
    U do realize there are only 4.3 million people on welfare dont you?
  • Dan rbeas 2012/12/02 11:59:27
    Dan
    +1
    There are 47 million on some kind of Government assistance.
  • rbeas Dan 2012/12/02 13:59:50
    rbeas
    U said welfare check. Of which there are only 4.3 million on welfare. There are 46,700,000 on food stamps. In my state food stamps for one person is $ 236 for a single person. That is $7.86 a day. A gallon of milk is $4. A loaf of bread is $3. That is all you get for one day.
  • Dan rbeas 2012/12/02 14:03:31
    Dan
    +1
    Is not welfare Government assistance?
  • rbeas Dan 2012/12/02 14:09:50 (edited)
    rbeas
    They are two totally different things. Which you need to know and to understand. One is a check which is a direct deposit into your bank and the other you get on an EBT card. You never get the full amount of food stamps at one time, they break that up into 2 or 4 different installments depending on the state and only if you are found to be still in need of the help.
  • Dan rbeas 2012/12/02 15:09:10
    Dan
    +1
    Right and the EBT card can be used to buy anything including beer and steak. At tax
    Payers expense a total waist of money when all Obie Del sol has to do is get his Jack Boot off the economy by reducing regulations and let people WORK.
  • rbeas Dan 2012/12/02 15:15:54
    rbeas
    If you can buy beer and steak on an EBT card then it is your state not the national government that is permitting it, #1. And #2, if they buy beer and steak, they still get the same $7.86 a day, so spend it.
  • Dan rbeas 2012/12/02 15:25:03
    Dan
    +1
    Pffft and who it paying for it? The taxpayer.
  • rbeas Dan 2012/12/02 15:43:48
    rbeas
    The taxpayer in the state which it is happening. Move to a state where there are less of your dollars being wasted in your mind. The only reason so many people are on food stamps is because of an ecomonmic downtrurn. You have to realize this is a temporary situation not a permanent one. You may not like the way the recovery is being handled, but it is being handled. There are more economic indicators pointing in the right direction than the wrong direction.

As part of its public opinion research, the Pew Research Center surveys attitudes on issues involving the economy, labor, personal finance and consumer behavior. The center collects data through several methods, including public opinion polling, online surveys and empirical studies.

Economic subjects studied have included: the federal deficit; online banking; Americans’ savings habits; the changing status of many consumer products from luxuries to necessities; and the politics of free trade.

The data aid journalists, academics, economic analysts and others in finding out more about how Americans perceive economic issues in general and, at the consumer level, how they approach issues directly affecting their pocketbooks. The latest Pew poll show 76% of all Americans have a favorable rating on the overall economy. Which in my opinion is a direct result in the Christmas shopping numbers being up 5%.
  • Dan rbeas 2012/12/02 15:50:21
    Dan
    +1
    Posting propaganda does not change facts. The U6 Unemployment rate is near 24 percent.
    http://www.shadowstats.com/al...

Go ahead and beleive the lies coming out of Washington that is only ment to keep you asleep.
  • rbeas Dan 2012/12/02 16:51:59
    rbeas
    Posting right wing propogand does not change the facts either. For unemployment to be 24% this economy would have already collapsed just as it did in 1929 when the unemployment rate was at 15%. At its highest during the Great Depression was 25% in 1933. This trend, though diminished, continued until after WWII.

Nothing I posted came from Washington. It came from Pew a well respected polling firm admired by both parties. The sales figures I gave you came from the retailers themselves. Thats the folks who count the money at the end of the day, not some left leaning intrest group.
  • KCurtis rbeas 2012/12/02 14:03:39 (edited)
    KCurtis
    +1
    Well there is the alternative, you could get a job! Even McDonalds pays $9 an hour to start.
  • rbeas KCurtis 2012/12/02 14:14:33
    rbeas
    Do you work at Mc Donalds?
  • KCurtis rbeas 2012/12/02 20:47:46 (edited)
    KCurtis
    Why no I have advanced degrees. I worked to get them and paid for my own education, but had I not, a job is a job. It's better than collecting welfare. Anyone can learn to ask, "Would you like fries with that?"
  • rbeas KCurtis 2012/12/02 21:02:17
    rbeas
    I can tell by your answers your advanced degrees have created some sense of holiness about you and soured your view of the world. The average person at Mc Donalds makes $7.64 and works 32.5 hours a week. Those are not sustainable wages for even a high school student much less a single mother or father.

Your advanced degrees should have afforded you the ablility to know that of the 300 plus citizens here in the United States only 4.3 million are actually on welfare should you choose to look for reality.

I too have advanced degrees. At one time I thought my lifes ambition was to be a professional student. I have never given up on the quest for knowledge and always look for solutions. In the mean time I try to put myself in the positions of those less fortunate than me and never look down my oversized nose which may or may not obstruct my view of them.
  • KCurtis rbeas 2012/12/02 22:43:44
    KCurtis
    Sorry but your argument doesn't work. Here's why. Even with my degrees when I have needed a job I have agreed to work any hours, weekends, holidays, travel anywhere in the US and commute 100% of my schedule if needed. I started as a waitress, moved up to a bartender. As a waitress I made $1.10 per hour plus tips. I did that for 10 years while I put myself through school.

A person with morals and standards would rather work than take a handout. Those less fortunate? Give me a break. When people are hungry for food or success they find a means to earn it. People like you think giving them a free cup of coffee will help them out more.

teach a man to fish
  • rbeas KCurtis 2012/12/02 23:13:04
    rbeas
    With all of your degrees you must have learned that not all people are as resilient as your self, nor as self assured, nor did they have the same developmental skills as yourself. What you percieve as a lazy person I see as less skilled.

Your bitterness is not that someone is given a helping hand on occassion, your bitterness is because you never perceived you were in a needy enough position to ask.

Maybe your ex-boyfriend or husband never beat you into submission. Maybe you were told all your life by your parents you were the golden child. Maybe just maybe you need to walk a mile in someone elses shoes before you sumarily dismiss the lot as worthless.

You may have agreed to work any hours, weekends, holidays, travel anywhere in the US and commute 100% of your schedule if needed. You cant do that if you have kids or the only caregiver of a mom or dad. If you were in either position, and still agreed to your course of action I feel for the loved ones you left to fend for themselves.

You chose to live your life in black and white and expect others to do the same. Why? No one else is exactly like you and I have to say thank God. We have enough callosed, self righteous, indignant individuals in the world we do not need another with a napoleonic complex.

You claim all of these people are on welfare, but there are only 4.3 million welfare recipeints. You never addressed that. Why?
  • KCurtis rbeas 2012/12/03 00:45:27
    KCurtis
    Sorry but that's a bunch of crap. I was a single Mom of 2 and traveled to 26 cities in 18 months. It's simply called PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY. I would not expect you to understand, you'd rather people like me fork over money to pay for someone else whose primary goal is to have one more kid to up their benefit payment by another $300 a month.

They're called morals. They don't teach them in school. I know not only did I earn my degrees; I also graduated from the school of hard knocks and I still came our standing.
  • rbeas Dan 2012/12/02 04:11:32
    rbeas
    How can the spending cuts to medicare, medicade and social security possibly be done before the end of the year. It is easy to raise the rate from 35 to 39 but quite another to get all of it done.
  • Dan rbeas 2012/12/02 12:01:15
    Dan
    +1
    It will happen automaticaly unless there is a deal done. It is called the fiscal cliff, I am sure you have heard of it.
  • rbeas Dan 2012/12/02 14:07:49
    rbeas
    Well how do you get the deal done unless you negotiate? Treasury Secretary Timothy F. Geithner presented the House speaker, John A. Boehner, a detailed proposal on Thursday to avert the year-end fiscal crisis with $1.6 trillion in tax increases over 10 years, $50 billion in immediate stimulus spending, home mortgage refinancing and a permanent end to Congressional control over statutory borrowing limits. In exchange for locking in the $1.6 trillion in added revenues, President Obama embraced the goal of finding $400 billion in savings from Medicare and other social programs to be worked out next year, with no guarantees. He did propose some upfront cuts in programs like farm price supports, but did not specify an amount or any details.

The Republicans said it was laughable and dismissed it. It may be laughable, but if that is all you hear, then how is that negotiation? This is like buying a house, you offer and they counter. Parties continue until the deal is done. If either party insults the other, chances are the deal would never get done.
  • KCurtis rbeas 2012/12/02 20:49:24
    KCurtis
    Negotiate, big word, look it up. Autocracy, big word, look it up. Learn the difference.
  • rbeas KCurtis 2012/12/02 23:16:29
    rbeas
    My dear super educated individual, I do indeed know the difference. The difference between my understanding of the terms and yours is I havent lost touch with reailty in my self-absored world.
  • santa6642 2012/12/02 01:55:19
    santa6642
    +1
    socialist liberals in action.

2014/11/01 03:23:47