Read why you should Boycott Nestle Pure Life Water: Will you join in boycotting Nestle Water?

CAPISCE 2012/11/10 22:40:47
YES
I don't care
Washington 2010: Barack Obama is keeping his promise to lower the sea levels, and he’s starting with the drought plagued Midwest where Lake Michigan water is being shipped by the boat loads over to China! By using a little known loophole in the 2006 Great Lakes Compact, Obama admin are allowing Nestle Company to export precious fresh water out of Lake Michigan to the tune of an estimated $500,000 to $1.8 million per day profit. Come on Mr Obama we need your help, By draining the precious jewel of the Great Lakes in the middle of America, our federal water managers are allowing the export of our water out of our country across thousands of miles of oceans into the Asian basin plagued by huge population centers who are suffering from their constant lack of fresh water. How’s that for cutting America down to size?
The water is being sold at a “240 times markup,” that is, well over 240 times its production costs. (2) In 2006, then President George W. Bush signed into law a set of agreements aimed at safeguarding and maintaining the Great Lakes which hold 20% of the world’s fresh water. But clever bureaucrats and corporate profiteers discovered they could use a loophole to bottle and sell Lake Michigan water, water intended for use by its surrounding states and their watershed. By saying “this loophole allows for Great Lakes water to be labeled a COMMODITY,” our public water officials are allowing the huge supply to be tapped and sold off to companies like Nestle at a very low price. This water can then be flipped for huge profits! Surrounding wildlife and water critters depending on fresh Lake Michigan water now are feeling the shortage, and our much needed relief from the horrible Midwest drought of 2012 must compete with foreign countries for water that belongs to America! If anyone is wondering if this current Administration really does have the concern of America at its heart, then this little publicized Water War should be a huge wake up call for all of us.
Gorgeous Flathead Lake in northwest Montana boasts one of the largest fresh water lakes west of the Mississippi River. It will come into their cross hairs soon, if we don’t get busy and start contacting our do nothing Congress about this travesty at 1-
877-762-8762. Montana and other western states already are up in arms about this all out attempt by Democrats to shut off irrigation water in the Klamath Falls River Basin.

Four dams are slated for permanent destruction. Who can forget what has been done to America’s breadbasket, California’s Central Valley, along with the San Joaquin Valley? Our American farmers, our citizens now must compete with foreign countries for our own American water. When will Barack Obama’s insane war on America’s fresh water supply end?

• Tiger Jo 2014/04/06 00:30:20
    YES
    Tiger Jo
    http://newswatch.nationalgeog...

It's a ridiculous myth that Obama is selling water to China - really - try reading and using common sense. Is Nestle taking water from people - YES - BOYCOTT them - they're horrible. But, read the facts.
  • damon.molaei 2013/04/19 19:02:52
    YES
    damon.molaei
    +1
    Boycott all Nestle Products!!

Like our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Boyc...

And don't forget to boycott!
  • CAPISCE damon.m... 2013/04/19 21:39:47
    CAPISCE
    Thank you---you are doing our water supply a big favor
  • sfa35000 . damon.m... 2013/06/12 13:02:20
    sfa35000 .
    +1
    I think all water should be pump out of the ground and sold, it is a resource like any other. If you want to drink you should pay, as you would for oil and gas.
    Why should you have water for free, its a disgrace. Also think of the jobs in bottling factories.
  • CAPISCE damon.m... 2013/06/12 13:05:26
    CAPISCE
    Been driving that point home for several years-----Boycott Nestle Water !
  • schjaz 2012/11/12 17:22:22
    YES
    schjaz
    +1
    Well, isn't that good to know. As our water supplies diminish (all over the U.S.) we sell what we have. The killing of America from every angle possible is upon us.
  • Searchin' 2012/11/12 02:33:32
    YES
    Searchin'
    +2
    The Chinese need to take some of our American dollars and start cleaning up their water. I get so weary of being brow beaten for our trash and need to recycle. But consider the sheer number of Chinese only drinking bottled water due to their water pollution, our waste is barely a drop in the bucket.
  • Ashley 2012/11/12 00:31:52
    YES
    Ashley
    +1
    I don't drink bottled water.
  • Mytstar ~PWCM~JLA 2012/11/11 20:06:16
    YES
    Mytstar ~PWCM~JLA
    +3
    Pilfering the resouces of the American people is just more Government theft
  • schjaz Mytstar... 2012/11/12 17:24:20
    schjaz
    +1
    and what ppl do not understand because it isn't being reported, is that in the near future, we will endure serious water shortages.
  • Mytstar... schjaz 2012/11/12 17:47:41
    Mytstar ~PWCM~JLA
    True... Las Vegas... gets its water supply from Lake Mead ... When you look at it .. it might seem far fetched...But there are serious issues about how long till the lake goes dry
  • schjaz Mytstar... 2012/11/12 20:35:35
    schjaz
    Vegas is a perfect example. But its all over the country. Just scary and not being reported.
    http://www.theroot.com/views/...
  • Classical Liberal 2012/11/11 17:45:43
    YES
    Classical Liberal
    +3
    I don't care about the profit margin. I care that the federal government is allowing Nestle to destroy an ecosystem while trying to tax other companies over a little carbon.
  • EvilMonkey 2012/11/11 16:44:32
    I don't care
    EvilMonkey
    What an awesome use of a natural resource. Selling it at a markup of 24000%. To a country we have a huge trade imbalance with. Magnificent. Providing good jobs for Americans. I have family members who work at Nestle Waters and make good money. We need to tap more natural gas and coal and sell it to the Chinese as well. Why would you oppose this. Destroying the Klamath dams and shutting off San Joaquin canal water are being done by EPA and enviro nuts to save fish. One is Pacific Salmon which arent endangered and the other for Delta Smelt which are supposedly threatened by the pumps chewing them up.
  • Mytstar... EvilMonkey 2012/11/11 19:49:43
    Mytstar ~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    Ah .... who gets that money....the American people or Nestles and the Obama Choom Gang
  • Mytstar... EvilMonkey 2012/11/11 21:52:02 (edited)
    Mytstar ~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    Selling the resouces of America is not Magnificent......It is Theft from the people of this country ..unless it is privately owned resources say like timber from private property or coal or oil that has been contracted from the land owners...
  • EvilMonkey Mytstar... 2012/11/12 04:37:20
    EvilMonkey
    All resources should be in private hands or held by by the STATES. The Federal Government should be owning any property other than what it needs for administrative offices and military bases. It's in the Constiution.
  • Mytstar... EvilMonkey 2012/11/12 12:38:34
    Mytstar ~PWCM~JLA
    The Federal Government doesnt own anything....The purpose of government is to simply manage what belongs to the people ....... some how that seems to keep being forgotten
  • OPOA912 2012/11/11 15:05:18
    YES
    OPOA912
    +1
    And while you're at it, boycott California for raising taxes on everyone and everything.
  • Bevos 2012/11/11 13:49:42
    YES
    Bevos
    +2
    I don't buy bottled water, because I don't believe it should be sold. PERIOD!!! It is like AIR!!!
    And it is time to STOP catering to China!!!
  • Noor Bevos 2012/11/12 16:05:37
    Noor
    WELL said regarding water and air!
  • 2sly 2012/11/11 12:00:12
    YES
    2sly
    +1
    I don't buy much water as I have my own filtration system for drinking water. But I talked to my brother the other day and he said the water level is so low in Michigan that he can't get his boat out of a lake thats connected to Lake Michigan because the chanel is to low.
  • Dan ☮ R P ☮ 2012 ☮ 2012/11/11 09:02:04
    YES
    Dan ☮ R P ☮ 2012 ☮
    +2
    I Boycott bottled water in general for two reasons. One, I can produce safer/cleaner water out of my well for a fraction of the cost. Two, i'm sick of such companies selling the great lakes, so I refuse to participate in the fraud.
  • Noor 2012/11/11 03:56:48
    YES
    Noor
    I already do boycott them as part of my boycott on Israel.
  • CAPISCE Noor 2012/11/11 14:45:10 (edited)
    CAPISCE
    You boycott Israel?
  • Noor CAPISCE 2012/11/11 19:16:33 (edited)
    Noor
    I have been boycotting Israeli products for years. And those of many companies that support Israel. I am just one little person but I live according to my ethics.

For example, no longer do I use beauty products that are affiliated with Israel. To colour my hair I found a fabulous natural Swiss product that is much better, I found, than the usual Oreal or whatever products. The bonus? My hair has never been longer or healthier ~ after 45 years of constant colouring.

It is the BIDS movement.
    bidss
  • EvilMonkey Noor 2012/11/12 08:51:29
    EvilMonkey
    I'm going to support all those companies.
  • Noor EvilMonkey 2012/11/12 16:07:13
    Noor
    You, sir, are rather foolish. But that is your option. Judging by your other responses other places, you appear to revel in short sighted silliness. Have a great life.
  • goatman112003 2012/11/11 02:36:48
    I don't care
    goatman112003
    +1
    Obama made sure we can't export anything because he made it too costly so the only thing we have is raw materials and water is one of them. He intended on destroying this place and this is only the beginning.
  • Mariann... goatman... 2012/11/11 04:06:14
    Marianne723
    New petition please sign!!

Please share!

http://www.petition2congress....
  • A Founding Father 2012/11/11 02:00:10
    I don't care
    A Founding Father
    What does the President have to do with Nestle, a company from Switzerland? Sounds like you have told another story of the greed and corruption from America's Wall Street crowd and the Reagan Banks that finance such operations. I can't imagine anyone paying to ship the water from here to there. But, with the Arctic glaciers melting at an astounding rate, the water levels of the lakes are rising and threatening to flood the cities on the shores, including Chicago. So, if the Chinese and Swiss can work out a deal to lower the water levels, let's go fo it and save on the "flood insurance".
  • mark 1 2012/11/11 01:47:00
    I don't care
    mark 1
    +2
    You wanted OB you got him
  • Mariann... mark 1 2012/11/11 04:06:58
    Marianne723
    New petition please sign!!

Please share!

http://www.petition2congress....
  • joefj2 2012/11/11 01:19:33
    YES
    joefj2
    +1
    Everyone should have boycott Obama and not have voted for him.
  • Mariann... joefj2 2012/11/11 04:07:11
    Marianne723
    New petition please sign!!

Please share!

http://www.petition2congress....
  • Louis Shipman 2012/11/11 01:04:34
    YES
    Louis Shipman
    But basicly because I don't bother with bottled water in the first place. If I want to drink water I either get it out of the fridge door or the tap.
  • Max 2012/11/11 00:36:10
    YES
    Max
    +1
    If it doesn't happen in my lifetime, future generations will be hurting for water if this sort of thing is allowed to continue. It was bad enough this past summer with all the drought conditions in the Midwest.
  • Mytstar... Max 2012/11/11 19:58:44 (edited)
    Mytstar ~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    I lived in Arizona my entire life...i moved to the midwest last year... the drought here in the midwest makes Arizona look like an oasis... a neighbor had a pond that had been there for over 100 years... it went completely dry this year for the first time...
  • gimini210 2012/11/10 23:59:49
    I don't care
    gimini210
    I could care less how they keep their profits growing so they keep their employees in jobs. I think that if you don't like something for some reason then that is your issue not mine or anyone else's. But to try to boycott a company and endanger jobs is a little over the edge. After all China ships enough crap here why not ship back and get some of our money paid back into our companies. Why is it every time some company does something a few don't like they start calling for a boycott?
  • Mariann... gimini210 2012/11/11 04:13:15
    Marianne723
    It's called SURVIVAL!!!!
    Survival is the struggle to remain alive and living.

Boycotts work, and they are necessary.

2014/04/18 00:26:34