Read and Comment

Southern Man 2010/09/10 21:53:33
Related Topics: The Bible, Bible, Obama
I find it interesting that much is being made of this "burn the
Koran" day but where was the outrage from leaders and others when
our military was ordered to burn the Bible in Afghanistan. They
were taken away from the Christian soldiers and burned so that the
Muslim's wouldn't be offended or evangelized too. Nothing much said
about it but it's clear on many web sites that it happened. Even
reported by CNN (communist news network). Check out the internet
sites on it. This is clearly to inflame and start something between
the O's administration and his brother Islamic's. That's clear
enough evidence to me that Obama IS a Muslim. He sides with them at
every venue but won't stick up for his own Christian Nation.

• Randice 2010/09/10 23:15:11
    Randice
    +3
    I admit I go back and forth on this, pending on my mindset. It's no doubt it is a double standard.... and no doubt, I think those that burn the bible are awful.... that said, I believe everyone (everyone) has in their hearts something burning in them for something more. I believe that call is Jesus.
    I know many that read the bible daily and claim to be christians, while they gossip, lie, cheat, steal, etc... and at the same time, know those that don't read the bible and seem more christianlike than those that profess it.
    When the day is done, it comes down to a persons heart. I do however believe that burning of the bible could potentially be blasphemy (the only unforgiveable sin - even that of murder), but, that's just MPO. I hope I'm wrong. And I only hope those guilty of this repent.

• Torchmanner ~PWCM~JLA 2010/09/11 11:22:29
    Torchmanner ~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    http://www.reuters.com/articl...

U.S. military says Afghan bibles have been destroyed

KABUL | Tue May 5, 2009 5:12am EDT

KABUL (Reuters) - Bibles in Afghan languages sent to a U.S. soldier at a base in Afghanistan were confiscated and destroyed to ensure that troops did not breach regulations which forbid proselytizing, a military spokeswoman said.

The U.S. military has denied its soldiers tried to convert Afghans to Christianity, after Qatar-based Al Jazeera television showed soldiers at a bible class on a base with a stack of bibles translated into the local Pashto and Dari languages.

U.S. Central Command's General Order Number 1 forbids troops on active duty -- including all those based in Iraq and Afghanistan -- from trying to convert people to another religion.

"I can now confirm that the Bibles shown on Al Jazeera's clip were, in fact, collected by the chaplains and later destroyed. They were never distributed," spokeswoman Major Jennifer Willis said at Bagram air base, north of Kabul.

Military officials have said the bibles were sent through private mail to an evangelical Christian soldier by his church back home. The soldier brought them to the bible study class where they were filmed.

Trying to convert Muslims to another faith is a crime in Afghanistan. An ...

http://www.reuters.com/articl...

KABUL | Tue May 5, 2009 5:12am EDT

Trying to convert Muslims to another faith is a crime in Afghanistan. An Afghan man who converted to Christianity was sentenced to death for apostasy in 2006 but was allowed to leave the country after an international uproar.

"It certainly is, from the United States military's perspective, not our position to ever push any specific kind of religion, period," chairman of the U.S. Joint Chiefs of Staff Admiral Mike Mullen told a Pentagon briefing Monday.

(Reporting by Peter Graff)

Why doesn't the military burn our flag as well? Stop trying to rebuild an enemy country into the same murdering mindset.
    Let us be fair and apply a similar law against their religion here. Death penalty to any muslim who tries to convert a US citizen or practices openly.
    IMO we should have sent nukes over there instead of soldiers.
    +2
    Libs are ok with bible or flag burning but not the koran--what a bunch of weasels!
  • jlbcalif 2010/09/10 23:29:27
    jlbcalif
    +2
    As usual O is up to something, he wants us to watch his right hand while his left hand is ???
  • Dora Rachael 2010/09/10 23:19:49
    Dora Rachael
    +2
    This is shameful! There is no doubt in my mind that Obama is a Muslim!
  • Randice 2010/09/10 23:15:11
    Randice
    +3
  • sam 2010/09/10 21:58:59
  • keeper 2010/09/10 21:55:13
    keeper
    +3
    It is double standard time....

2014/08/20 18:36:41