Rave this question if you ACTUALLY support FREEDOM OF RELIGION!

iamthemob ~ the 444th Guru ~ 2012/09/12 14:34:28
Yes...I respect freedom of religion and raved this question and shared it with everyone!
No...freedom of religion means no (Muslims, Mormons or [insert irrational fear of religion here])
Freedom of religion means that you do NOT attempt to force your religion on others through the law.

It means that you do NOT attempt to legislate other religions...be they Muslim, Mormon, Scientology or Christianity.

It means respecting the strength of our First Amendment and not being scared of "others."

Get it together and respect our Constitution.

That is all.

• Tim Terror 2012/09/12 16:55:22
    Yes...I respect freedom of religion and raved this question and shared it wit...
    Tim Terror
    +31
    I just wish that they'd respect my decision not to believe. Humble

• Scandalf Character 2012/09/20 18:03:01
    Scandalf
    "However, one reason is because Christ does not impose himself on anybody"
    I completely agree, I'm not very religious but this is true about his message: proselitism with no violence and no imposition. That's why I despise all the false Christians that used this religion as a tool and an excuse for profit and domination...
  • wilsonmja shadow76 2012/09/18 05:31:06
    wilsonmja
    +1
    Just like Christians, there are some crazy Atheists out there. Sometimes a Christian will set fire to an abortion clinic and murder an abortion doctor. That doesn't mean that his actions are supported by Christians. The same goes for Atheists who make it their mission in life to bring down every religion at whatever cost. I don't support that. Being an atheist is about being strong enough to proudly say "I don't know" and to understand that while faith is illogical and misguided, it doesn't make you a bad person to have it. I support the right to have a religious belief and to practice it while at the same time I believe that without it the world would be a way better place. Religion is a byproduct of human nature and I'm fascinated that some people can be completely convinced of one thing while another, such as myself, can clearly see the giant holes in the story and just "know" there is no way it can be true. It's all very fascinating and I don't condescend to that which I don't understand. In fact I am fully able to admit the possibility that I am completely wrong...even though I'm not...LOL.
  • Character wilsonmja 2012/09/19 20:28:00 (edited)
    Character
    Consider this when you think the world would be better without religion. The only "atheist" governments to date produced extreme suffering. The USSR & China caused more death than any previous government has ever done.
  • wilsonmja Character 2012/09/20 01:54:22
    wilsonmja
    +1
    Those aren't Atheist governments. They are oppressive governments. They don't allow religion and punish their citizens for practicing it. They are no better than religious countries who have a state religion and punish their citizens for violating it's values. I'm not saying the world would be a better place if we forced out religion. I'm saying that it would be nice if people would just be more enlightened and religion just wasn't a mainstream practice. That's all.
  • Character wilsonmja 2012/09/20 02:13:26
    Character
    I don't think it'd make any difference at all. Humans are humans regardless of what they believe. If it's not religion, it's money, sex, drugs, power or something else to satisfy our craving for a meaning or purpose.

Oppressive governments exist whenever people want security over liberty. Oppressive governments are nothing more than a group of people securing their interests above everybody else's.
  • wilsonmja Character 2012/09/20 02:20:16
    wilsonmja
    +1
    I have 0 arguments with anything you just said. I agree 100%.
  • shadow76 wilsonmja 2012/09/20 10:49:41
    shadow76
    Any one who kills like that is not a Christian! Most Christians repudiate that behavior, it is the Islam that celebrates killing.
  • wilsonmja shadow76 2012/09/20 15:43:07 (edited)
    wilsonmja
    +1
    There is a lot of killing celebrated I the Bible because based on Christian beliefs, it was the wicked who were done away with. The Islan believe that American culture is wicked. In fact, according to the Bible American culture is pretty wicked too, but that's another story. So Islams celebrate when we're knocked down and it's their right to do so. In fact, Christianity commands that we take the high road and pray for their forgiveness, not wish for them to be wiped off the Earth. Of course, that's only the New Testement. The Old Testemement would have us murder them. Anyway, from an outsiders perspective, Christian beliefs are no more or less valid than anyone else's.
  • shadow76 wilsonmja 2012/09/21 01:31:46
    shadow76
    Who wished them off the the earth? Do you kow where th greatest number of Christian Converts is growing tight now? Iran, guess who is doing that?
  • Cameleon shadow76 2012/09/21 03:42:42 (edited)
    Cameleon
    The Ten Commandments were plagiarized fromthe Egyptian Book of the Dead and many of the christian prayers, saints and reiguals were also taken from Pagan sources. When exactly are christian going to start repecting other religions and Atheists as well.
  • shadow76 Cameleon 2012/09/21 04:00:08
    shadow76
    When are others going respect Christians?
  • Cameleon shadow76 2012/09/21 04:29:27
    Cameleon
    Why do you think they should be respected?

In America christians have trampled on the rights of all other groups since the constitiution was written. They have forced all groups to live with their ideology regardless of their beliefs.

Recently other groups have been vocal about having equality in schools and other public and government places. Christians seem to think the that equality for others is not acceptable and their special place and special rights should continue as it always has been in the past.

Christians need to realize that are not special and that all people in the country deserve the exact same rights at all times. Simply giving rights to everyone, does not disciminate against christians, it stops the special priviledges that christians have enjoyed over other groups.
  • shadow76 Cameleon 2012/09/21 04:31:13
    shadow76
    They have not! Most people then worshipped God.
  • shenendoah Tim Terror 2012/09/13 16:53:55 (edited)
    shenendoah
    +1
    Sagan is an educated idiot. The universe was created and the the only being powerful enough to create it is God. As the saying goes "I don't have enough faith to be an atheist". I respect the atheists right not to believe and I don't want to remove atheists from the world but I expect the same tolerance from them as to my Christianity. Leave it the hell alone.
  • Grammar... shenendoah 2012/09/13 20:41:41
    Grammar Freak
    +3
    So, the way that you respect/tolerate others is by calling them an "idiot"?
    Hrmmm.
  • shenendoah Grammar... 2012/09/14 03:24:38
    shenendoah
    +1
    Correct.
  • Tim Terror shenendoah 2012/09/14 17:40:36
    Tim Terror
    +4
    Is your faith so weak that you feel threatened by some awkward questions that force you to think?
  • shenendoah Tim Terror 2012/09/14 22:40:41
    shenendoah
    +1
    Don't worry about my faith, pal. Worry about where you're going to put that next disgusting tattoo. EWW
  • Tim Terror shenendoah 2012/09/15 02:18:29
    Tim Terror
    +4
    Seems your heart is full of disdain and intolerance. Maybe you should actually take heed of what your scriptures are trying to teach you. I hope you find peace some day
  • shenendoah Tim Terror 2012/09/15 05:10:42
    shenendoah
    Only against liberals. I have prayed for the forebearance to deal with them, after all I prayed for help to quit smoking, God delivered, I prayed for help to stay away from the casino, God came through again, I prayed to be more tolerant of liberals and so far nothing. I finally came to the conclusion God doesn't like liberals any more than I do. TIC
  • Tim Terror shenendoah 2012/09/15 12:46:44
    Tim Terror
    +6
    Wow! This comes to mind christian agenda
  • shenendoah Tim Terror 2012/09/15 16:56:35
    shenendoah
    +1
    Another feminist hag. I'm not impressed.
  • wilsonmja shenendoah 2012/09/18 05:53:22
    wilsonmja
    +1
    You are doing a poor job of representing your faith. Jesus would not approve. BTW, the quote is what is important, not who said it. Interesting that instead of addressing the point you make an attack instead.
  • shenendoah wilsonmja 2012/09/20 18:52:23
    shenendoah
    Why, because I don't turn the other cheek? The world has enough apathetic Christians.
  • wilsonmja shenendoah 2012/09/20 23:06:19
    wilsonmja
    +1
    No because you attack. That's very Old Testament of you.
  • shenendoah wilsonmja 2012/09/20 23:36:34
    shenendoah
    Thank you.
  • shadow76 wilsonmja 2012/09/21 01:35:20
    shadow76
    Baloney, crap from sombody with bad ideas is still crap!
  • Cameleon shenendoah 2012/09/19 14:59:57
    Cameleon
    +1
    no one is impressed with you either.
  • shenendoah Cameleon 2012/09/20 18:53:30 (edited)
    shenendoah
    Damn, and I so wanted to impress you, little lizard.
  • Cameleon shenendoah 2012/09/19 14:59:25
    Cameleon
    +1
    Your prayers have not curbed your hate.
  • shenendoah Cameleon 2012/09/20 18:58:42
    shenendoah
    The problem is you liberals have a bully mentality and it irks you that I don't take your abuse. Besides I don't hate you, I simply dislike you with the intensity of a thousand fires.
  • shadow76 Tim Terror 2012/09/21 01:33:33
    shadow76
    +1
    That is how a person respnds to that behavior that you display!
  • ««Ginge... shenendoah 2012/09/15 19:47:24
    ««Gingey, the Master Debater of Þ|-|Дэ†»»
    +3
    >calls Carl Sagan an idiot
    >believes in a cosmic Jewish zombie
  • shenendoah ««Ginge... 2012/09/15 20:00:35
    shenendoah
    You got it.
  • ««Ginge... shenendoah 2012/09/15 20:16:48
    +2
    At least many other Christians aren't as ignorant as you
  • shenendoah ««Ginge... 2012/09/15 20:19:39
    shenendoah
    Good for them. You must be referring to liberal Christians. LOL
  • ««Ginge... shenendoah 2012/09/15 20:31:36
    +2
    You're right, the liberal ones are smarter, like Methodists, Disciple of Christ, Unity, etc.
  • shenendoah ««Ginge... 2012/09/15 21:55:39
    shenendoah
    Honey, a liberal Christian is about as rare as a calico tom cat. Ain't no such thing. Saying you are doesn't make it so.
  • ««Ginge... shenendoah 2012/09/15 22:21:12
    +2
    Cool story bro
  • shenendoah ««Ginge... 2012/09/20 19:00:35
    shenendoah
    I aim to please.

2014/11/23 16:19:26