Rave this if you think we should be talking about the constitutionality of Obama Care, instead of whether Gay people can get married?

KCurtis 2012/05/12 16:40:53
31 States have already passed or set in place laws banning same sex marriage. The majority of Americans across several polls do not agree same sex marriage is acceptable nor think that is even in the top ten of issues facing America.

• Rusty 2012/06/05 00:45:53 (edited)
    Rusty
    Who should be responsible for YOUR health. That is the question. Whoever pays the bills makes the decisions. What it comes down to, where the constitution is concerned is, do YOU have control over your life and health decisions.
    Life....Liberty.....The pursuit of happiness....this proposed law fails at more than one check point.
    Life....... as I stated, someone besides you or your loved ones are making decisions for you. Multiple choices (limited choices) is not liberty. Liberty is you make your own choices, you sign your own contract.
    Liberty......the government is compelling citizens to buy insurance not with tax write offs with financial penalties and prison. The government is also telling businesses and religious institutions who should be covered and what services to provide, with no regard for the personal views of the businesses or religious institutions. This bill is full of requirements and social engineering inserted by special interest groups.
    Pursuit of happiness.....If my father is 80 years old and wants open heart surgery and can pay for it he should have it. The socialist countries, with their "limited" resources decide who receives medical procedures and when. Why do you think the rich from Europe and Canada and.... fill in t...
    Pursuit of happiness.....If my father is 80 years old and wants open heart surgery and can pay for it he should have it. The socialist countries, with their "limited" resources decide who receives medical procedures and when. Why do you think the rich from Europe and Canada and.... fill in the blank.. come to this country for their medical care?
    As for the gay marriage thing that is one of the special interests forced upon citizens......it is part of the same issue because the writers of the bill have made it so.
  • marylou5 2012/05/28 15:00:26
    marylou5
    +1
    Distraction perpetrated by an incompetent Obama to distract voters from his totally failed three + years of accomplishing nothing, but the destruction of freedom, the economy, and myriad attempts to circumvent the Constitution with executive orders and unelected czars!
  • Janoy Davis 2012/05/26 10:46:52
    Janoy Davis
    Can we please look at universal healthcare one more time. 1. Our european counterparts such as sweden have UHC (universal health care) and they are doing just fine. 2. will it KILL you to pay a little bit on your taxes to help a family member or a friend get health care. dont forget in our childhood we all learned that "sharing is caring" so in return a complete stranger is paying for your health care; talk about a act of random kindness. On this post all I see is a bunch of stingy people who dont care about others until something something bad happens, then your asking for peoples help. We are a "UNITED" states of people who live in America. To be a society, you must be willing to take one for the team and in return, someone has your back. plain and simple. We are not UNITED if we think that life should be a free-for-all; may the strongest survive, if so, say bye to grandma who has alzheimer's and your dad who has stage 4 lung cancer. Life sucks when you know you have the ability to stop something, but you are unwilling to bring yourself to end it due some "wall" in your train-of-thought. Be a good person and support kindness know as UHC, for you may never know when your gonna need it.
  • KCurtis Janoy D... 2012/05/26 12:33:15
    KCurtis
    +4
    Move to Sweden if you want it.
    Can you please face facts?
    We will lose 30% of our medical labor force.
    We will have care rationed by the government.
    We will have to pay 50% more for private specialists.
    There are over 300 million Americans with just about 19 million who are not covered by Health Insurance, that's just about .05% in total. Right now if these people are poor they can use services provided by Medicaid. Ask yourself why Obama is shoving this entitlement down your throat? It sure is NOT about caring about people.
  • Janoy D... KCurtis 2012/05/28 10:22:57
    Janoy Davis
    Dont know where you did math, but when done straight out 19 million divided by 300 million is roughly 6.3 percent not .05 percent as you claimed. 6.3. And that 6.3% of people are under the age of 34. Last checked, the actual number of unisured is about 45 million people give or take a 1.5 % error margin. I am currently insured, but some of my cilivian co-workers are not. Actually one of them got fired because he got injuried on the job. The injury: a finger cut that needed some stitches. As I said before for society to move on with advancements, individuals have to "take one for the team" so that society and everyones way of life must move on. So stop this self conceited act and think about someone other than yourself for once.

Souces: http://www.livestrong.com/art...

http://housedocs.house.gov/en...
  • KCurtis Janoy D... 2012/05/28 12:49:53
    KCurtis
    +1
    Got fired for a finger cut? LMAO get a life. I take care of myself and those I provide jobs for, what the heck do you do?
  • Janoy D... KCurtis 2012/05/28 13:38:45
    Janoy Davis
    Force Support Specialist Armed Forces. My co-worker was a civilian contractor that worked for us.
  • KCurtis Janoy D... 2012/05/28 14:36:06 (edited)
    KCurtis
    +2
    Thanks for your service, but I don't need the Government to provide for me and any resourceful American can say the same if they are so inclined. If you want to support other people who are too lazy to do so themselves, be my guest, it's called Charity and I already do way more than my share.
  • marylou5 KCurtis 2012/05/28 15:04:35
    marylou5
    +1
    And isn't that the American way!! Well done!
  • Rusty KCurtis 2012/06/05 00:14:51
    Rusty
    +1
    Like you said earlier K this is not about helping people it is about making more government dependents so the statists can retain power. Its bribery of the ill informed public.
  • Rusty Janoy D... 2012/06/05 13:27:37 (edited)
    Rusty
    +1
    Your heart is in the right place but what you are talking about is charity. Charity is good. One of the good things about charity is, someone is voluntarily sacrificing to help you. Did you volunteer for the military or did the government force you to serve? If you had been forced at gun point with threat of prison would you feel the same about your service?
    There are many organizations to help people in need......funded usually at the outset by big money. Charities are not funded by the wealthy only. Americans are a very generous people, some studies have been done which indicate "the most generous people". One study in particular breaks it down further to conservative and liberal. The conservative group was found to be more generous. Imagine that ....these people freely give but complain about taxes. So what does that tell you.....its not about whether to help people in need or not it is about how to help people. If we give our money to the government they then decide how to spend it. In my opinion... the government is not very responsible with money.
  • MQ-American Values Again (AVA) 2012/05/24 02:08:52
    MQ-American Values Again (AVA)
    +4
    We're all ravin' ya .... and pretty soon the Supreme Court is gonna wave bye bye to unconstitutional Obamacare too!
    raves gif
  • DemonxOisin 2012/05/21 04:32:18
    DemonxOisin
    Just saying, you literally can´t logically be worrying about the constitutionality of Obama Care if you are against believe that Gay Marriage should be outlawed. You can´t pick and chose which parts of the constitution to abide by and which to blatantly ignore.
  • KCurtis DemonxO... 2012/05/22 01:12:22
    KCurtis
    +2
    There's nothing in the constitution guaranteeing a right to homosexuality. Try reading it. It's only 19 pages.
  • DemonxO... KCurtis 2012/05/22 02:13:32
    DemonxOisin
    I´m quite sure there´s something in there about treating citizens differently from others. Also about one religion´s rules applying to everyone, pretty sure that´s supposed to be out as well.
  • KCurtis DemonxO... 2012/05/22 10:34:42
    KCurtis
    +2
    So you think Homosexuality is a religion? Have you ever even read the Constitution?
  • marylou5 KCurtis 2012/05/28 15:16:48
    marylou5
    +1
    Evidently not!
  • Rusty DemonxO... 2012/06/05 01:32:46
    Rusty
    +1
    The first amendment to the constitution guarantees the freedom of peaceable association. This association is of mutual consent. Which means... that I agree to associate with you and you agree to associate with me. Where mutual consent does not exist association is not present and THE GOVERNMENT CANNOT COMPEL A CITIZEN TO HAVE AN ASSOCIATION WITH SOMEONE THEY DO NOT WISH TO BE ASSOCIATED WITH. That is the 1st amendment to the constitution.
  • marylou5 KCurtis 2012/05/28 15:15:51
    marylou5
    +1
    This is a Canadian who obviously knows zilch about our Constitution!
  • marylou5 DemonxO... 2012/05/28 15:14:43
    marylou5
    +1
    Americans can do whatever they want without disingenuous remarks from our Canadian neighbors!
    Socialist medicine gave you an inferior medical system with extraordinary failures in the ability to treat/deliver adequate care to patients in a timely fashion.
    No offense, but why does a Canadian care what Americans want and know is in their own best interests??
  • Tombo 2012/05/21 03:34:59
    Tombo
    +3
    ObamaCare is third world care; we don't need it!
    Amateur
  • ileana.a.stan 2012/05/20 02:35:43
    ileana.a.stan
    +5
    A true marriage is between a man and a woman. Together they make babies.
  • marylou5 ileana.... 2012/05/28 15:18:02
    marylou5
    +1
    Doesn't get any simpler or more factual than that:-) Thank you!
  • Alexander 2012/05/19 22:42:22
    Alexander
    +4
    Gay Marriage is completely unimportant. Removing Obamacare will take years so lets get started.
  • csrdrunner 2012/05/19 18:58:58
    csrdrunner
    +1
    OK! everyone, it is "homosexual" not gay!!!! Please help to get people to stop using gay when referring to something as ugly as "homosexual", the plumbing does not work, it is that simple!!!!!
  • ☆ Queen... csrdrunner 2012/05/26 13:13:04
    ☆ QueenAline
    +1
    there are quite a few other pretty ugly terms that come to mind with gays....i think gays or homosexuals sounds just about right. it is what it is....deal with it
  • csrdrunner 2012/05/19 18:46:31 (edited)
    csrdrunner
    +1
    FYI the correct wording is homosexual not GAY, so may people including the one in the White House don't understand "gay" and "homosexual". In the past gay was a really nice word, help me in bringing it back to the former status it held, not referring to people that are so confused they don't understand sex and how it works.

When someone mentions the word "gay" referring to homosexuals I call to their attention that gay is not the proper word.

U GONORRHEA LECTIM (as in) gonna re-elect them

The Center for Disease Control has issued a warning about a new virulent strain of this old disease. The disease, Gonorrhea Lectim, is pronounced "Gonna-re-elect-em." It is contracted through dangerous and high risk behavior associated with placing one's cranium up one's rectum.

Many victims contracted the disease in late 2008. But now, those who were infected are starting to realize how destructive this sickness is. Fortunately, the disease is readily cured with a simple remedy called Vo-tem-out!

Vo-tem-out is a simple remedy that needs to be initiated in 2010 and repeated again in 2012. If the remedy isnt followed, the disease could become permanent and eliminate possibility of the life we would choose.

"What luck for rulers that men do not think." hitler
  • Maddog 2012/05/19 17:30:04
    Maddog
    +3
    What gays do, or do not do, is of little concern to me, since it does not directly impact my life. However, I find the whole idea of Obamacare inimical to the American way of life and to the Constitution itself!
  • csrdrunner Maddog 2012/05/19 18:50:49
    csrdrunner
    +2
    Please in the future us the correct term, homosexual, let us bring the happy word back to what it means.
  • Tombo csrdrunner 2012/05/21 03:37:36
    Tombo
    +2
    I'll go with that. It make good songs sound bad.
  • marylou5 csrdrunner 2012/05/28 15:21:46
    marylou5
    +1
    I get where you are coming from! I agree that so many good words have been subverted for onerous purposes!
  • taitaFalcon23 2012/05/19 16:29:39
    taitaFalcon23
    polls show the repubs are scared for promising to do away with the ACA (healthcare), but many in their base love some crucial and key provisions of it... Looks like the baby is being thrown out with the bathwater.
  • KCurtis taitaFa... 2012/05/22 01:22:33
    KCurtis
    +1
    This is earth, you are not from here are you?
  • taitaFa... KCurtis 2012/05/22 02:16:59
    taitaFalcon23
    yep, very much so....you hear radio signals from your planet?
  • KCurtis taitaFa... 2012/05/22 10:36:43
    KCurtis
    +2
    There is not a single Republican in the House not willing to end Obamacare immediately. Here on Earth we Conservatives know the truth.
  • taitaFa... KCurtis 2012/05/22 16:17:32
    taitaFalcon23
    Good, keep to the old paradigms and we'll see more fat kids who've gotten fatter at 9% to a whopping 23% in the last 10 yrs the news released this morning. This is leading us to a health crisis that will overwhelm the US. It will be true, healthcare WILL be unaffordable. The time to do something about it was approx. 10 yrs ago.

So while the conservo inability to distinguish between stubborness and tenacity manifests itself with fat and dead, diabetics who keel over with kidney disease, heart problems and strokes at 30, you just remind yourself that you took pride in the 'truth' of supporting politicians who had a separate and so much better taxpayer funded health program than their constituents. This is the first generation of kids whose life expectancies are going in reverse.
  • KCurtis taitaFa... 2012/05/24 11:58:42
    KCurtis
    +2
    I don't have any fat children, it's called parenting and I don't need the damn Government to tell me how to do it.
  • taitaFa... KCurtis 2012/05/24 18:48:54
    taitaFalcon23
    good for you; you should be proud. But evidently there are parents don't and can't teach their kids how to eat because they don't know themselves. The idea is to govern. Governance has policies but they often get caught up in the emotionalism of politics. If you ask the question of what is a the government's view of diet, nutrition and exercise - especially for kids; the statistics don't support a policy of chips or pizza with a Mtn Dew chaser.

The issue may not pertain to you specifically but to a lot of fat-*ssed kids that have nothing to do with you, and they live in this country too. The idea of less government may sound good in theory until someone wants to do something that's legal but you don't personally approve of, then conservos have no problem butting into THEIR business.
  • KCurtis taitaFa... 2012/05/25 00:21:57
    KCurtis
    +2
    Move to North Korea they'll tell you exactly what you need to do. In the USA we have this thing called freedom which you obviously can't handle.
  • taitaFa... KCurtis 2012/05/25 00:32:54
    taitaFalcon23
    No, I ain't going to Korea, I spent time there practicing the trade of kickin' their *ss. You don't know me and what I CAN handle. I cherish freedom as much you supposedly do - including freedom of speech. I've taken my oath for the United States for 20+ years and run my small biz as I have the freedom to do... and still I believe that the United States being sis mart enough to have a policy to stop the epidemic of fat, chronically ill chubbo kids as the right position to take. A policy is not a command - it's education. Because those fat*ssed kids are the ones who are going to drive up healthcare move us further from the dangerous and ignorant myth that the US is #1 in healtcare at the WHO ranking of 37th in the world. Handle that....

2014/11/22 23:53:38