Rave this if you think Gay People Should Have Equal Rights!

foxhound BN0 2012/01/27 22:57:44
Related Topics: Rights, Equal Rights, Gay
If you think gay people should have equal rights, rave this post and make it number one!

• Annabel... Yoru 2012/02/21 23:36:02
    Annabelle Hickman
    +1
    There's no point in our arguing, since this topic is subjective and neither of us are going to change our stances.
  • Yoru Annabel... 2012/02/22 00:10:36
    Yoru
    your probably right, however, at least i'm able to say i tried.
  • happyboi Annabel... 2012/03/17 14:16:38
    happyboi
    OHHH I get it. They just can't marry for love... well that's better. bigot.
  • Annabel... happyboi 2012/04/07 22:56:30
    Annabelle Hickman
    Wouldn't your calling me a bigot make you a bigot yourself...?
  • happyboi Annabel... 2012/04/21 15:46:43
    happyboi
    Denying someone their rights because of who they are is bigotry. Until you can open your mind and realize that I can not choose to be straight anymore than a black man can choose to be white, we will never find common ground. Calling you a bigot is not bigotry... I do not dislike you because of who you were created to be... I just hate the oppressive superior mindset which denies me my fundamental right to be who I was created to be.
  • Mz. Sw@gg Pr!nc3ss 2012/02/19 06:29:54
    Mz. Sw@gg Pr!nc3ss
    I THINK THEY SHOULD
  • Annabel... Mz. Sw@... 2012/02/19 07:01:06
    Annabelle Hickman
    +3
    They do!
  • Mz. Sw@... Annabel... 2012/02/29 20:38:31
    Mz. Sw@gg Pr!nc3ss
    I KNW THEY DO...
    AND THATS GUUD
  • Fundy 2012/02/19 06:05:07
    Fundy
    +3
    Yes they should have equal rights. Heterosexuals can marry members of the opposite sex and so can homosexuals. Seems equal to me.
  • happyboi Fundy 2012/02/19 16:38:02
    happyboi
    +1
    Yes, we should all marry someone who we don't love. God would want that.
  • Fundy happyboi 2012/02/19 16:57:44
    Fundy
    It was meant to be tongue in cheek. I support the state allowing same sex marriage. Please forgive me for forgetting the internet doesn't always communicate sarcasm well.
  • happyboi Fundy 2012/03/17 14:18:16
    happyboi
    :-)
  • Jerry happyboi 2012/02/23 02:07:28
    Jerry
    lol nice
  • Longbow 2012/02/19 06:03:25
    Longbow
    +5
    All people should have the benefits of their constitutional rights.
  • Anonymous 2012/02/19 05:06:48
    Anonymous
    +3
    NOOOOO WAY!
  • HL 2012/02/19 04:58:31
    HL
    +3
    Gays should have equal rights just as RW's have equal rights to be morons.
  • rudeboy HL 2012/02/19 14:31:51
  • emo kid 2012/02/19 03:02:18
    emo kid
    +6
    I do even though I no im gay and it ant fair for gay not to have equal rights in this world i thought it sould been a free country but it not yall maken all the rule we cant really have none it not right at all
  • Angela Coey 2012/02/19 01:58:24
  • JesseGood 2012/02/19 00:46:17
    JesseGood
    +2
    i do because im Bi
  • Spinmetillifall 2012/02/18 23:58:20
    Spinmetillifall
    +1
    I think Gay people should! It's a free country, so why not? Everyone deserves a happy ending, whether you be homosexual or heterosexual.
  • Riella Spinmet... 2012/02/19 03:33:46
    Riella
    It ISN'T a free country. That's kind of why gay marriage isn't allowed.
  • abby Riella 2012/02/22 00:10:54 (edited)
    abby
    its not totally free at least in some states still. some americans have their core beliefs. thats why all 50 states haven't lost their minds. thank god.
  • lisamoran1998 2012/02/18 23:10:55
    lisamoran1998
    course they should equal rights
  • Terry73178 2012/02/18 21:37:25
    Terry73178
    +2
    Fags have the same rights as everyone else.
  • james Terry73178 2012/02/19 01:19:06
    james
    Spoken like a true gentleman
  • Riella Terry73178 2012/02/19 03:34:43
    Riella
    The same reasoning could advocate banning interracial marriage.
  • ehrhornp Riella 2012/02/19 04:10:42
    ehrhornp
    It did. It was only fairly recently that the last state law banning interracial marriage was done away with.
  • Riella ehrhornp 2012/02/19 05:03:23
    Riella
    Exactly my point. Both interracial and homosexual marriage should be allowed.
  • ehrhornp Riella 2012/02/19 18:39:32
    ehrhornp
    +1
    Don't you just love it that so called "conservatives" or fundamentalists know what's best for you? I can't stand it. Since this became an issue in Hawaii during the early nineties, I keep on asking these people what is the threat of gay marriage. (To traditional marriage). I have never been able to get a real answer to this. Just shows how bankrupt their arguments are.

These idiots would probaly be against my daughter's marriage if it happened 30 years ago.
  • abby ehrhornp 2012/02/19 21:17:21
    abby
    +1
    loving god and understanding the bible does not make their beliefs any less valid than yours. if a person believes their morals and ethics are important to their way of life and family so be it. plain and simply being gay is not natural and a sin. i dont care what any one does but don't throw it down my throat or the throats of others, just so all of us can believe that this alternative life sytle is completely normal and not a negative influence.
  • ehrhornp abby 2012/02/19 21:33:35
    ehrhornp
    +2
    I question if they truly love God if they have nothing but disgust for some of his children. What morals and ethics are involved? Never knew that discrimination was moral or ethical.

How is gay being a sin when it is out of one's control? Notice you didn't answer the most important question - What is the threat of gay marriage to your marriage? (I assume you are probably married in a heterosexual marriage although in this day and age, may not be true.)

I could possibly accept that being gay is a defect but if so is it any reason to discriminate against them? Would you oppose someone being prevented from marrying because they have a birth defect? I assume the answer is no.

Normal is relative and involves a wide spectrum. So gay sex is not your cup of tea (not mine either) but so what? You don't have to do it. (unless you are a republican doing the republican schuffle in a public restroom)
  • abby ehrhornp 2012/02/21 16:57:03
    abby
    hi! i am a devoted christian and i don't just label myself,i try to live a good and decent life. i am not married now, and yes it was and will always be with a man the reason for the creation of adam and eve.its not descimination or hateful feelings towards the gay. one is totally in control when one choose to sin,and god knows we are all flawed and that is the reason why he tells us to give him all of our problems ,pain, and sorrows. god shows mercy if you love him and believe he is the only way out.mental illness is not considered a threat to me.again all i have to say is that homosexuality is not normal and no matter how much we put it in a beautiful gift box and bow,the box is empty, its still wrong. my cousin is gay, with five adopted children,i don't disown her but when children are involved there is more confusion and despair in their lives. iv'e seen it first hand yes bad enough a dysfuctional heteresexual family but add this to the mix and its much worse. i can not judge but i can decide whether to accept or not accept the ways of man and try and teach my children and theirs, morality,ethics, and the clear path that god wants for all his children. by the way, i am with the party of god.it has nothing to do with any political party.yes, we all have free will and do have control over what we do with our lives.some have no self respect and it shows. god bless us all!
  • ehrhornp abby 2012/02/21 18:12:45
    ehrhornp
    Well normal is really not relevant. Homosexuality is a fact of life and is generally outside of the control of the person. No one choses to be gay just as people generally do not chose to be straight. I think the evidence is clear that being gay is hardwired into the fetus during development. Now why is this, who knows. Doesn't really matter. There are a group of people who are made this way and deserve the same right to the pursuit of happiness as anyone else.

So I will ask again, how is homosexuality a sin when people are built that way? I hope you don't believe those rip off places that claim they can convert gays into straights. If you do ask them for their record of conversions 5 or 10 years ago. Chances are they won't have any.

I never taught my daughter to avoid gays. But she was attracted to males so I knew it would not be a problem. If she was it still wouldn't be a problem with me. I really admired tht republican who came out in favor of gay marriage because she wanted to give her gay daughter a wedding. Pretty cool
  • abby ehrhornp 2012/02/22 00:24:09
    abby
    people are not born gay.i don't agree. my cousin was straight and when her fiancee left her she stopped dating men and took up with a woman and adopted five children. she was straight. its a decision not a birth defect.
  • ehrhornp abby 2012/02/22 00:34:31
    ehrhornp
    Well you might have a point when it comes to women. I have known a couple of women who turned gay later in life. I basically believe that people would be bisexual with a favoratism towards heterosexuality but culture has discouraged gay sex for the most part. But gay women I think are more accepted.

But for those people who are gay, and are only attracted to people of the same sex, they are not going to change. There have been enough studies to show that gay men were born that way. They share certain characteristics with women. Fingers for example and some gland. And then there was that study that showed gay males tend to come from women who had a number of male babies. The chance of a Gay baby rises with the number of prior male babies a woman has.
  • Yoru ehrhornp 2012/02/19 05:43:03
    Yoru
    2001 for Alabama........and even then 40% voted against lifting the ban. It saddens me to see how slow it takes some people to realize what is so blatantly obvious.
  • ehrhornp Yoru 2012/02/19 18:40:39
    ehrhornp
    +1
    It angers me as many of these people will say they are good Christian people. They are not.
  • Sam-I-am 2012/02/18 21:23:08
  • Cstar 2012/02/18 21:14:06
    Cstar
    +7
    Everyone should have equal rights no matter Gay , Straight , lesbian , african american , caucasian , asian , chinese , african , whatever . It should not matter ! Everyone deserves equal rights !

2014/04/16 16:37:28