Rave This, if you think conservatism is a mental problem?

ϟMopederϟ 2012/06/16 10:29:36
This post is in jest, a satire if you will. I just want you to know that. Conservatism is not a mental problem, and neither is liberalism, etc.

• Jesse 2012/06/22 11:54:43
    Jesse
    Logic to liberals is like a bra to men. It's something that gets in the way of something they want. They know what it is, they just have no use for it.
  • Remlit 2012/06/22 00:56:21
    Remlit
    But they frighten me with their prejudice, intolerance, and callousness (NO, I'm not saying that liberals can't possess those traits). But the main reason why I don't like conservatism is that not one of the conservatives I've ever spoken with managed to try and solve a problem without taking themselves into the equation. It's all me, me, ME.

I wouldn't go as far as to call it a mental problem. It's just plain old egoism.
  • Azcat Remlit 2012/06/22 01:44:58
    Azcat
    And Obama has not? Count the "I's" in the next speech he gives. Most narcissistic president ever!! He doesn't give a crap about anyone but himself. His latest evoking of executive privilege will be his downfall. It is 1973 all over again. He is toast.
  • Remlit Azcat 2012/06/22 03:11:23
    Remlit
    Well, that was predictable. Did you at all read my comment? :1 I'm sure that if you read it again, you'll see that I wrote "No, I'm not saying that liberals can't possess those traits". Or perhaps I should have placed that part further down so that you'd understand that it wasn't only meant for the first three characteristics I mentioned.

I don't know enough about Obama to contradict you, but he is still just one person. There are selfish people on both sides of the spectrum. All I was saying was that I've never, not once, spoken to a conservative who wasn't like that. But I've talked to plenty of liberals who wasn't.
  • Jesse Remlit 2012/06/22 11:53:32
    Jesse
    Prejudice?? Intolerance??? Callousness??? Sounds like you're using Liberal talking points. How about you share an example of each?
  • CAPISCE 2012/06/21 15:18:22
    CAPISCE
    LMAO---this poll didn't go the way you intended.
  • LiberalCowards 2012/06/20 20:22:10 (edited)
    LiberalCowards
    Actually, it's the cure for Liberalism (aka socialism).

cure liberalism aka socialism
  • Edward 2012/06/19 23:06:57
    Edward
    +2
    Liberalism is.
    Not the classic liberalism just the marxist progressive one.
    Unfortunately, marxists are like cameleons, changing their outside colors to green, blue or pink but remaining red inside. They disguise themseves as liberals, the tolerant ones, when they are nothing of the sort. Most of all they are intolerant of any alternative point of view and most of all any opposition. Like their comrades from the past they would be willing to commit mass murder to get their way should they be powerful enough.
  • Scalded... Edward 2012/06/20 14:32:23
    Scalded Eagle
    +1
    Spot On Dude! On all points.
  • Simms 2012/06/19 11:58:46
    Simms
    It's a problem for those who are mentally lacking.
  • HipJipC 2012/06/19 04:48:17
    HipJipC
    You opened this wide up to the mud-slingers and all mud-slingers on all sides think they're completely sane. I'd say that is a good indication of where the mental problems exist ... certain individuals on ALL SIDES.
  • ack 2012/06/18 23:08:11
    ack
    +4
    No. But liberalism is a mental disorder.

Based on strikingly irrational beliefs and emotions, modern liberals relentlessly undermine the most important principles on which our freedoms were founded. Like spoiled, angry children, they rebel against the normal responsibilities of adulthood and demand that a parental government meet their needs from cradle to grave.

A social scientist who understands human nature will not dismiss the vital roles of free choice, voluntary cooperation and moral integrity — as liberals do. A political leader who understands human nature will not ignore individual differences in talent, drive, personal appeal and work ethic, and then try to impose economic and social equality on the population — as liberals do. And a legislator who understands human nature will not create an environment of rules which over-regulates and over-taxes the nation's citizens, corrupts their character and reduces them to wards of the state — as liberals do.

The roots of liberalism — and its associated madness — can be clearly identified by understanding how children develop from infancy to adulthood and how distorted development produces the irrational beliefs of the liberal mind. When the modern liberal mind whines about imaginary victims, rages against imaginary villains and seeks above all else to run the lives of persons competent to run their own lives, the neurosis of the liberal mind becomes painfully obvious.
  • Scalded... ack 2012/06/19 01:58:06
    Scalded Eagle
    +1
    Thanks for breaking it down for us ack, this is one of the most scientific cause and effect discriptions of the liberal mental disorder that I have ever read. Thanks my friend.
  • Avenged7 2012/06/18 20:31:30
    Avenged7
    I don't exactly think it's a mental problem, but the right wing and their minions have a character deficit. They believe an individual needs to go it alone. Also their favorite mantra, " I've got mine and to hell with the rest of you". They don't believe in community, which everyone works together, for the betterment for everyone. Think about a football team where all 11 players go it alone, or do what they want individually. It would be chaotic. Also think about this football game, doesn't have any referees. The referees are the regulators for wall street, and the right wing is against regulations, so all these character flaws of conservatives bodes problems for this country!!!
  • Rand Avenged7 2012/06/18 21:15:30
    Rand
    +5
    Personal responsibility. Does not mean going it alone. We don't believe in socialism. WE don't believe in infantcide, We believe you have to take personal resposibility for what you do and say. Choose the right and let the consequences follow. In everything we do we have choices. WE can not choose the outcome. So we each live with them.. You want conservatives to bear the responsibility of your bad choices by force of law. I don't think so. You want to avoid the outcome and have all of the rest of us carry you from the bad behavior.
    Within the United States, each state unites under certain principals. We are united in common deffence and certain commerce rules. If regulators are needed in your assumption to regulate and fine little kids for having a Lemonade stand is your idea of we need, or fining farmers for selling their animals in a rual community is right. Where is the common sense of your socialist party direction of liberalism. Liberals decree laws and tax's by force. If all of you liberals could just live in New York or California, then we could all watch as you destroy yourselves.
  • Scalded... Rand 2012/06/18 21:41:07
    Scalded Eagle
    +1
    Agreed on all points, great piece!
  • Avenged7 Rand 2012/06/19 20:08:37
  • Azcat Avenged7 2012/06/22 01:51:14
    Azcat
    Get out much!
  • Azcat Avenged7 2012/06/22 01:50:12
    Azcat
    +1
    The progressives have as their mantra, the ends justify the means. The conservatives believe how you get their is important. That is why the progressives make decisions on feelings and conservatives on facts. Progressives do things because it makes them FEEL good, a carryover from the 60s mantra, if it feels good do it. No real examination of the outcome of the feel good act. Success is made not given and not all will succeed. That is the world. Live with it.
  • Jesse Azcat 2012/06/22 12:01:40 (edited)
    Jesse
    Absolutely. Liberals twisted equal opportunity to meaning equal results. If they don't get that, racism must be the underlying cause; not plain stupidity, lack of preparation, or lack of effort.
  • Avenged7 Azcat 2012/06/22 20:29:04
    Avenged7
    Conservatives have this mythical idea, that you will get all this trickle down money from your billionaire bosses, as long as you can get them more tax cuts. Now your bosses plead that they need more money, because their billions aren't enough, and like good obedient little soldiers, you hop right to it. Let me know how your doing standing outside with your head toward the sky waiting fo all those dollars trickling down to you.
  • Azcat Avenged7 2012/06/23 15:05:13
    Azcat
    Only a simpleton believes in direct trickle down. I have worked since 1969 and have held various jobs.Retired military, manufacturing engineer, gardener, project manager, etc. All with MY goals in mind. When the employer change the goal in their company I moved on. I worked for Motorola during the dot com boom and then shipped my job to China in 2003. I moved on doubling my salary at another opportunity. When that job left in 2006, I found another, again increasing my salary. None of these jobs were in a single state. One can work if one is flexible. My salary, like the hated progressives toted against the 1%, increased 349% from 1981 until today.
    Sometimes you have to go backward to go forward. I retired as an aerospace engineer from the Air Force in 1994. I could find no work outside the govt, which I had no desire to return to. I accepted a hourly job on a factory floor at $14 dollars an hour to get in the door. In four years I was making $65K as a manufacturing engineer. Open eyes and self responsibility. If you want to stay in one place and expect the jobs to come to you, you will wait a long time.
  • JL 2012/06/18 20:04:13
    JL
    +2
    I THINK THE MENTAL PROBLEM SHOWS UP IN THE POST....AND MANY MORE OF OTHER POST...SO, I ASK...WHO REALLY HAS A MENTAL PROBLEM...
    (SATIRE, IF YOU WILL)
  • michael 2012/06/18 19:12:32
    michael
    +1
    Not anymore than the Democratic party
  • Ron in Oregon 2012/06/18 18:43:30
    Ron in Oregon
    +6
    Following in my father's footsteps I registered as a member of the Democrat Party in 1964. My mother was a member of the Republican Party.
    I always voted for the candidate who I felt would best represent my needs.
    Then in 2008 I was getting my new drivers license and I was asked if I would like to register to vote. Right then I thought how the Democrat Party was acting so out of sync with "We the people" that I changed my affiliation to the Republican Party.
    I still vote for the candidate who most represents my needs.
    The main reason I changed in January of 2008 was that there was the possibility that Obama would be elected president. This was an abhorrent thought to me.
    We now have a chance to correct the error of November 2008 and get this great country back on track.
    I think Jimmy Carter won too many states when he was trying to get reelected, so please join me in my plan to eliminate the blight that has covered this great nation for the last 4 years.
    I will not tell you who to vote for but instead I plead for everyone who believes in the greatness that is the USA to not vote for Obama.
    Thank you
  • Scalded... Ron in ... 2012/06/18 19:47:07
    Scalded Eagle
    +3
    Dude, good move.
  • Rand Ron in ... 2012/06/19 00:29:28
    Rand
    +2
    Excellent .
  • relic 2012/06/18 16:11:49 (edited)
    Not that likely
    relic
    +3
    Here's the best example of a mental problem:

• Lanikai relic 2012/06/18 20:07:36
    +5
    One of President Obama's former Harvard professors is calling for the president's defeat in November, releasing a scathing video in which he accuses the president of abandoning America's workers while pushing a policy of "food stamps."
    The video by Brazilian scholar and politician Roberto Unger serves as an indictment of both parties. But in it, Unger says Obama must be defeated in order for the Democratic Party to restore itself "as the vehicle for the progressive alternative in the country."
    Obama, he said, has not advanced that cause.
    "President Obama must be defeated in the coming election. He has failed to advance the progressive cause in the United States," he said in the eight-minute video, titled "Beyond Obama" and posted to YouTube.
    "He has spent trillions of dollars to rescue the moneyed interests and left workers and homeowners to their own devices," Unger said.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politi...

This guy needs to be on every news cast. He doesn't think obie has done enough to forward progressivism, but has been overly friendly to big business-a fact the DEMS call a lie.

HAHAHAHAHA even his own KIND realize what he is doing.
  • Pearlie... Lanikai 2012/06/18 20:15:17 (edited)
    Pearlie Momi♥Patriot Warrior♥
    +4
    Ha Ha Ha..YOU are so right, and the conservatives are winning on this poll.
    His own party thinks he is an embarrassment to their party. Obama wants to win at any cost.. Just wait , he will say the Students loans are cleared and the home mortgages are free for the next 4 years, More entitlements for illegals.
    He will do anything to win, they don't want to lose out on Free vacations.
  • Lanikai Pearlie... 2012/06/18 20:16:37
    +5
    and moochelle the wookie SURELY enjoys her status as qqueen bee,.
  • Edward Pearlie... 2012/06/19 23:44:42
    Edward
    +2
    Correct, that is why he imported 60,000 hamas members and granted permision to stay to some 800,000 young illegal immigrants.
  • Pearlie... Edward 2012/06/20 05:44:44
    Pearlie Momi♥Patriot Warrior♥
    +2
    Makes me want to scream. Obama getting desperate LOL
    scream obama desperate lol
  • Jesse Pearlie... 2012/06/22 12:05:28
    Jesse
    +2
    That's right; Moochelle has plans on vacationing in a few more countries on our dime.
  • Pearlie... Jesse 2012/07/01 05:56:22
    Pearlie Momi♥Patriot Warrior♥
    That is why they want another 4 years too. More vacation.
    You are right....Thanks
  • Scalded... Lanikai 2012/06/18 21:44:52
    Scalded Eagle
    +4
    Hooray and running from him.
  • Edward Lanikai 2012/06/19 23:40:57
    Edward
    +1
    This is great post.
    "Unger wasn't exactly thrilled about the thought of a Mitt Romney presidency, either. He warned that should Obama be defeated, "there will be a cost for his defeat in judicial and administrative appointments."
    I sincerely hope that President Romney will nominate judges that are center-right to marginalize the presence of communist judges; Kagan and Sotomayor.

>But, he said, the risk of "military adventurism" would be the same under either Obama or Romney.<
    I believe that risk of such military adventurism is in fact greater if Obama is reelected. He proved that by involving NATO and by that the US in war in Libya against Qaddafi essentialy siding with muslim brotherhood a terrorist organization that spawned Al Qaeda. And do not forget that Obama still did not end wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

• Lanikai Edward 2012/06/20 14:27:47
    +1
    Romney will NOT send troops into Libya-he will pull OUT the ones obie sent in. He will pull the troops out of Africa-the ones obie sent in to "help" track down a vicious tribal leader. Romney will not appoint radical social justice morons to the court, he will take moderated, fair, constitution minded people. And Romnny will try to help adjust the mess that obie has CHEERED over as the middle east devolves into the singular control of the muslim brotherhood.
  • Edward Lanikai 2012/06/30 15:45:41
    Edward
    That is how I see it too.
  • Edward relic 2012/06/19 23:28:59
    Edward
    +2
    I listened to his speech and he sounds more like a Tea Party supporter than a marxist progressive. Some parts of his speech sound of as Reagan would have said it. Overall he sounds like swedish socialist in his second half of speech.
    "The silence is always fatal" he ends his speech and he is right.
    I second his conclusion; "Obama must be defeted."

2014/08/29 22:29:27