Rave this if you don't want the Tea Party terrorists revising history!

The Wrong Guy 2012/07/05 04:33:28
Man....seriously. F*CK the Tea Party.

stupid teabagger

A little more than a year after the conservative-led state board of education in Texas approved massive changes to its school textbooks to put slavery in a more positive light, a group of Tea Party activists in Tennessee has renewed its push to whitewash school textbooks. The group is seeking to remove references to slavery and mentions of the country's founders being slave owners.

According to reports, Hal Rounds, the Fayette County attorney and spokesman for the group, said during a recent news conference that there has been "an awful lot of made-up criticism about, for instance, the founders intruding on the Indians or having slaves or being hypocrites in one way or another."

"The thing we need to focus on about the founders is that, given the social structure of their time, they were revolutionaries who brought liberty into a world where it hadn't existed, to everybody -- not all equally instantly -- and it was their progress that we need to look at," Rounds said, according to The Commercial Appeal.

During the news conference more than two dozen Tea Party activists handed out material that said, "Neglect and outright ill will have distorted the teaching of the history and character of the United States. We seek to compel the teaching of students in Tennessee the truth regarding the history of our nation and the nature of its government."

And that further teaching would also include that "the Constitution created a Republic, not a Democracy."

The group demanded, as they had in January of last year, that Tennessee lawmakers change state laws governing school curricula. The group called for textbook selection criteria to include: "No portrayal of minority experience in the history which actually occurred shall obscure the experience or contributions of the Founding Fathers, or the majority of citizens, including those who reached positions of leadership."

The latest push comes a year after the Texas Board of Education approved revisions to its social studies curriculum that would put a conservative twist on history through revised textbooks and teaching standards.

The Texas revisions include the exploration of the positive aspects of American slavery, lifting the stature of Jefferson S. Davis to that of Abraham Lincoln, and amendments to teach the value of the separation of church and state were voted down by the conservative cadre. Among other controversial amendments that have been approved is the study of the "unintended consequences" of affirmative action.

The board approved more than 100 amendments affecting social studies, economics and history classes for Texas's 4.8 million students.

The influence of the amended textbooks will likely reach far beyond the state of Texas. The state is one of the largest purchasers of textbooks, and many other states adopt Texas's books and standards.

The curriculum changes were pushed through by a majority bloc of conservative Republicans on the Texas school board, who have said the changes were made to add balance to what they believe was a left-leaning and already-skewed reflection of American history.

"There is some method to the madness besides vindicating white privilege and making white students feel as though they are superior and privileged and that that it is the natural order of things," Gary Bledsoe, president of the Texas State NAACP, told The Crisis magazine last year about this time. "The agenda being pushed and the ultimate impact intended is to make young people automatically identify with one political party."

A number of groups, including the NAACP, the Texas League of United Latin American Citizens and the Texas Association of Black Personnel in Higher Education have joined forces to beat back the measures, which they said would have a negative impact on minority children.

The groups sought a federal review of the state's public education and have raised claims that the Texas State Board of Education has violated federal civil rights laws. In a formal complaint filed with the U.S. Department of Education, the groups charge that the new curriculum was devised to "discriminate."

The measures went as far as to replace instances of the trans-Atlantic slave trade with "Atlantic triangular trade."

"It is going to be extremely psychologically harmful to African-American young people because they are marginalized in the curriculum," Bledsoe said. "It will require them to be taught things such as the benevolence of slavery and the problems with affirmative action rather than the good and the bad."

"They voted down a motion that requires students to be taught about the terrorism brought about by the Ku Klux Klan and what they did to ethnic and racial minorities, but they turn around and pass a provision that requires the teaching of the violence of the Black Panther Party."

Read More: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/23/tea-party...

• Jester M.S. 2012/07/05 04:36:31
    Nah, I'm comfortable with the Tea Party changing history to suit their politi...
    Jester M.S.
    +36
    I agree with some of their ideals and disagree with others, about like any other political movement. They get especially ostracized by the media for some reason, whereas equally aggressive grassroots movements on the opposite side of the political divide draw almost no notice.

• Patent1 JustThe... 2012/07/14 05:39:33
    Patent1
    See my reply. Bain outsources jobs while Romney was there, and they oursourced jobs after he supposedly left. Further, Bain was in the business of vulture capitalism, buying companies, inflating their value, selling them at the inflated value and walking away before the crash. This is exactly what happened in the housing bubble. Prices soared to insane levels, the investors sold out and walked away before the crash. Not only that, during the crash they shorted stock in companies holding toxic bundles of mortages and made money as the company failed. Romney is part of that same immoral, corrupt system. Is that why he won't release his tax returns? I bet he shorted stock on every company he bought as they failed, and will never release any more than 1 or 2 tax returns because even he knows what he was doing is immoral. Hiding his tax returns is not the act of an honest businessman, and just adds to his other lies.
  • JustThe... Patent1 2012/07/16 01:05:22
    JustTheFacts
    yawn.....
  • Patent1 Bill 2012/07/14 05:38:05
    Patent1
  • marylou5 2012/07/09 17:19:14 (edited)
    marylou5
    +3
    Lousy choice of answers by those who want to skew this liberal poll!
    Now we have that deception out of the way!
    It tells us loud and clear how terrified and hysterical the liberals are becoming.
    They tell bigger and bigger lies. We all know what a liar our pseudo president is!

They know the TEA Party wants nothing more than to return to Constitutional government and less intrusion in our lives by our government.

The Obamabots and the liberals want a populace that is totally dependent on government....complete control!

Obama wants to be a dictator and theTEA PARTY is standing/blocking his way.

Therefore you will see more and more lying attacks on the TEA PARTY by the liberals, to discredit those who want nothing more than to save our Republic!

Guess what it isn't working.
    The citizens have woke up to the fact that the TEA PARTY tells the truth
  • The Wro... marylou5 2012/07/09 19:40:56
    The Wrong Guy
    +2
    lmao

Say more things. You folks are a hoot.
  • marylou5 The Wro... 2012/07/09 20:52:55
    marylou5
    +3
    Thanks for giving the TEA PARTY the opportunity to discredit all of your disingenuous naysayers,who are trying to discredit the TEA PARTY with bold faced lies

I'm sure they appreciate the forum to disclose to everyone that the Obamabots are making up lies that they can not document, because they are terrified and know that their liar-in -chief is history November 2012.

Thanks again for the opportunity to prove you make thing up! How refreshing!
  • Patent1 marylou5 2012/07/10 02:34:03
    Patent1
    +1
    FREELOADER
  • marylou5 Patent1 2012/07/10 03:39:32
    marylou5
    +2
    Epic failure!
  • Patent1 marylou5 2012/07/10 02:32:57
    Patent1
    +1
    See above. The teabugers are just a bunch of freeloaders. They want to live in the US and take advantage of all the services and all the amenities the gov. provides, but they don't want to pay for anything. There are still no utopias dawning on the horizon. If you want to live in a country with no taxes and no government, move to Somalia. You will be happy there.
  • marylou5 Patent1 2012/07/10 03:42:40
    marylou5
    +1
    I love America and I have no trouble paying my fair share of tax, never have, never will,
    nor does the TEA PARTY. You make up lies. No Tea Party has ever wanted something for nothing. You are confusing yourself..it is the liberals who want cradle to grave government care!! But you know that, of course, and are just being disingenuous!

You are so far off base! The TEA PARTY wants LESS tax and more responsibility...we want the free loaders to get off the couch go to work and pay their fair share!

TEA PARTY is against government entitlements/slavery... but then you know that!

We want the FOOD STAMP president to stop feeding the free loaders and giving them free medical care! We want them to go to work like the rest of us, pay taxes, get medical insurance like the rest of us, and then our share will be fair!
    Got it yet!!!
  • Patent1 marylou5 2012/07/11 01:43:20
  • Mike56 Patent1 2012/07/11 16:36:49
    Mike56
    usual leftist demagoguery. If you get your income from somebody's pocket, that doesn't mean working people must feed you until your retirement just for your voting Dem.

Leftist governments are always trying to marginalize respective societies. and Obama, a hardened/professional freeloader, is a perfect candidate for that role of destruction.
  • Patent1 Mike56 2012/07/12 23:04:53
    Patent1
    You don't even know what "demagoguery" means. And here you are talking about money again. You are no Christian, the only church you have is the church of ATM.
  • Mike56 Patent1 2012/07/13 14:15:23
    Mike56
    I do know what the word means, but I can agree that as a frequent user, you are are a better expert in demagoguery.
    I never said I am a Christian, but I do know what honesty and benevolence is and we both know Obama and his hateful "Church" have nothing to do with those virtues,
  • Rich 2012/07/09 16:26:42
    Yes indeed, f*ck the Tea Party
    Rich
    +3
    A bunch of greedy SOB's with some rotten racists thrown in.
  • marylou5 Rich 2012/07/09 20:54:24
    marylou5
    +1
    On what do you base your opinion....do you have documentation or are you just parroting the liberal play book. Just asking!
  • Patent1 marylou5 2012/07/10 02:34:58
    Patent1
    +1
    You people are freeloaders dragging the country down.
  • Rich marylou5 2012/07/10 02:37:18
    Rich
    +1
    You mean you never saw that clip of those tea baggers screaming at members of the Congressional Black Caucus? One even spat on Congressman Cleaver.
  • marylou5 Rich 2012/07/10 03:55:32
    marylou5
    +2
    That's a total lie,...that was discredited and if you don't know it,,,you ought to!
    The clip showed nothing that you describe or the black caucus would have pursued it.

They backed down when they realized it had been videoed and the truth was on the video!
    They lied and were caught in their lie with a video camera and audio that proved that they lied!! Guess you missed that part!

No tea party person has EVER spit on anyone...They leave that to the liberals!

I do not allow filthy nasty homosexual activity on my post.
    I will block you if you put that filthy word on my post again!
    The choice of course is yours....use it and you are history!

I don't allow filth in my personal or private life and I don't intend to tolerate it here!
  • The Wro... marylou5 2012/07/10 05:46:33 (edited)
  • trentin... marylou5 2012/07/10 05:59:59
    trentinafur
    +1
    "No tea party person has EVER spit on anyone..."

If you expect to have even one iota of credibility on Sodahead - you might try refraining from statements which are so patently ridiculous.

If you don't care about anyone believing you - feel free to continue posting ludicrous comments.
  • JustThe... trentin... 2012/07/14 03:04:05
    JustTheFacts
    If you expect to have on iota of credibility you'll prove that a Tea Party person spit on someone! Do it now, or shut up and sit down in the corner until you're called upon.

Do it now....where's the proof???????

Show us, ready.....GO!
  • Rich marylou5 2012/07/10 15:54:39
    Rich
    +1
    Your idea of filth and mine are quite different. I've seen the clip in question, and it shows Congressman Cleaver wiping the spittle away. That's my idea of filth, not some harmless sex act.
    You can block me if you like because I really want nothing to do with a homophobe who spreads misninformation. You are entitled to your own opinions but not your own facts. The video is clear, your prevaricating denials notwithstanding.
  • JustThe... Rich 2012/07/14 03:05:05
    JustTheFacts
    Where's the proof?

Or are you just another big mouth, prove nothing liberal? Prove it....GO!
  • Rich JustThe... 2012/07/14 15:50:14
    Rich
    The spitting occurs early in the clip. You can see Congressman Cleaver wiping the spittle off about 30 seconds in.
  • JustThe... Rich 2012/07/16 01:10:39
    JustTheFacts
    Oh WOW! You are right!!! Oh my Golly gee willikers!

Wait, prove to me that person was in the Tea Party. Ready.....GO!!!!

Plus, outside of that, two points.

1-Anybody who truly understands what the healthcare law is would want to spit in someones face also.

2-You're telling me liberals do not do that sort of thing? Ha, ha, ha, ha....!!!!!

But, to get back to the initial point, show me where that person was a member of the Tea Party......Ready? GO!!!!!
  • Rich JustThe... 2012/07/16 01:56:07
    Rich
    It was a Tea Party demonstration. If you want to believe the spitter was an interloper, be my guest. You folks really do live in an alternative universe.
    As for the ACA, anyone who truly understands it and would spit in someone's face because of it is either an idiot, a despicable human being or both. I'm just trying to determine which of those three categories you belong to.
  • JustThe... Rich 2012/07/17 01:25:18
    JustTheFacts
    Ya, good point, there are never any people other than Tea Party Patriots standing on the steps of the Capital protesting anything!

Good point, you are right! Completely! 100%! I completely agree with you!

obama is sooo great! Man, this health care program, after it destroys the nation, subjugates the states to Federal control, will completely set us all free!!! Why??? Because we will all be able to keep our irresponsible kids on Health Insurance until their 26!!!! Wow!!! You are sooo right!!! How could I not see it????

Thanks for straightening me out on this Sir!!!
  • Rich JustThe... 2012/07/17 02:35:17
    Rich
    Let's see. The spitter was part of a Tea Party demonstration, and he joined with them in yelling "Kill the Bill," but you don't think he was a member of the Tea Party. LOL. The smart reply would have been, "OK, you found one. Even a great orchard has an occasional rotten apple."
    So let's see. Kids under 26 who can't afford coverage are irresponsible. Allowing people with pre-existing conditions to get coverage, closing the doughnut hole in the prescription drug plan, getting rid of the lifetime limit on claims, and penalizing people who can afford coverage but choose not to buy (thereby shifting their medical costs on to the rest of us) are going to destroy the nation. I see. Tell me, son, do you ever actually listen to yourself?
  • Bill Rich 2012/07/12 19:54:57 (edited)
    Bill
    +1
    No one spat. No one name called. With all of the mikes and video, no evidence. Give me a link to it.
  • Rich Bill 2012/07/13 03:05:27
    Rich
    I don't know if you're misinformed or prevaricating. I saw the video. The words are often unintelligible, but there is no question that one of these clowns spat on Cleaver. You can even see him wiping his face.
    I don't know if the clip is still available on the internet, but I feel no obligation to spend time searching. I know what I saw. If you don't want to believe me, that's fine.
  • Rich Bill 2012/07/17 02:36:36
    Rich
    Bill, I don't know if you noticed, but I found the link. I sent it to "Justthe..." a few messages up.
  • Bill Rich 2012/07/17 12:35:15
    Bill
    Thanks. I viewed it again (I'd seen it before on Fox) and I still maintain that he was NOT "spat" upon. He seemed to be yelling, "Kill the Bill" and he probably had some spittle at the corners of his mouth that sprayed the Congressman as he was walking by. You will notice that he seemed to get a "spray" rather than a gob of spit on him. He didn't wipe his face nor his clothing. I would imagine that if he did he wouldn't let it sit there. No, the old guy was just yelling.

Here is an example:
    http://articles.nydailynews.c...
    TORONTO - MOISTURE was flying and a furious Jorge Posada was spitting expletives, too.
    The Yankee catcher was raging yesterday at home plate umpire Andy Fletcher after Fletcher called him out on strikes.
    The two bumped, Fletcher's face was covered in flecks of Posada's SPIT and Bernie Williams and Joe Torre had to rush out of the dugout to restrain the fuming catcher, who Torre later said "just snapped, basically."

This basically happens when one does not or can not swallow their saliva quickly enough. Google this stuff and review the video more carefully. I think you will see him yelling (with accompanying spittle) and not "spitting" on him.

Thanks for the link. Let me know what you think.
  • Rich Bill 2012/07/17 14:57:50
    Rich
    Your theory is possible. Let's assume it's true for the sake of argument. How often do you get in someone's face and scream so much that spit comes out of your mouth? Put simply, this was not civilized behavior.
    Before I forget, tonight will be last time in Sodahead for a while. I'm going abroad on a vacation.
  • Bill Rich 2012/07/17 15:08:58
    Bill
    I've seen it even without screaming. First, white spit forms at the corners of the mouth, the mouth seems to be filling up with saliva and then spit, accidentally is spewed out. Google it. It's out there.
    Personally, I don't like the "screaming" from either side. Nothing is accomplished and I prefer a more sober and rational debate. I do understand how emotions can run a little high in a demonstration but when it goes to excess, as it did there, it bothers me.

Abroad for a vacation? Glad to meet one of the "one-percenters". Have a good time.
  • Rich Bill 2012/07/18 03:29:53
    Rich
    +1
    I wish I was a one percenter, but even us poor folks need a vacation. :)
    Speaking of screaming, it was nice conversing with someone from the other side in a civil discussion.
  • Rusty 2012/07/09 15:48:32
    Rusty
    +1
    truth
    truth
    we under stand you want a central group to make all the decisions, we just disagree.
    truth
    truth
    truth
    truth
    truth
    truth
    truth
  • Patent1 Rusty 2012/07/10 02:35:52
    Patent1
    Teabuggers are still just a bunch of greedy freeloaders.
  • Rusty Patent1 2012/07/30 07:50:40
    Rusty
    your describing occupy wall street. The tea party people are at work, and not threatening wall street gasoline bombs next month.

truth

truth

Liberals always back what is wrong and call it right?

truth

funny

truth

truth

liberal logic

truth

truth
  • Patent1 Rusty 2012/07/30 15:13:05
    Patent1
    And posters of stupid cartoons because they can't spell or know how to use a spellchecker.

2014/07/30 13:25:52