Rave This If You Can't Stand Religious Control Freaks!

Foxhound BN0 2012/05/09 09:40:52
Related Topics: Religious

• LindaM 2012/05/13 02:45:44
    LindaM
    +3
    Nope, can'd handle them. I tune them out.
  • Buoyant... LindaM 2012/05/14 01:55:23
    Buoyant Leadraft
    +1
    GOOD 4 YOU Linda!!!!
  • Foxhoun... Buoyant... 2012/05/14 10:27:58
    Foxhound BN0
    +2
    I'd like to tune them out of Congress.
  • Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru 2012/05/12 23:34:59
    Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru
    +4
    I don't hate anyone. I can stand most.
  • Foxhoun... Assassi... 2012/05/14 10:28:32
    Foxhound BN0
    That's because you are sweet.
  • UnusualSuspect 2012/05/12 22:33:40
    UnusualSuspect
    +3
    I can't stand control freaks, religious or otherwise.
  • Foxhoun... Unusual... 2012/05/14 10:28:57
    Foxhound BN0
    They're freaky!
  • Romanknite 2012/05/12 22:18:55
    Romanknite
    +2
    No! I don't care for any of man made religion's. And that is exactly what they are, all of them, man made. There are no religion mentioned in the bible at all. And then on top of that, every man thinks his religion is better than the next man. I don't care for them.
  • Kirby 2012/05/12 20:59:59
    Kirby
    +3
    Both sides make me crazy. In the famous words of Rodney King "Can't we all just get along!"
  • aherbert 2012/05/12 20:04:01
  • Common Sense Conservative 2012/05/12 19:07:39
    Common Sense Conservative
    +1
    I'm not a fan of this title. It's controlling people, not religion in general.
  • JBG13 Common ... 2012/05/12 21:28:01
    JBG13
    +6
    No, I'm pretty sure it's religion
  • Common ... JBG13 2012/05/12 22:17:52
    Common Sense Conservative
    +1
    I'm 100% sure it's controlling people, not religion.
  • taitaFa... Common ... 2012/05/12 22:27:08 (edited)
    taitaFalcon23
    +4
    religion is EXACTLY about controlling the masses. That is not to say I have no faith but that is a different concept from religion. Religion is cultism. It's designed as whatever pretty package will make you lose your commonsense. Faith does not need that - religion does to keep it financed...
  • Common ... taitaFa... 2012/05/12 22:28:11
    Common Sense Conservative
    +1
    You must go to a different church than I do.
  • taitaFa... Common ... 2012/05/13 04:59:22
    taitaFalcon23
    +1
    I'm sure I do since I don't go to any church at all. I don't blame anyone for what they choose to believe in. I just don't believe in religion, that's all... that's MYchoice....
  • Common ... taitaFa... 2012/05/13 18:31:10
    Common Sense Conservative
    +1
    Choose all you want. I have a saying. I'd rather go through life believing in God and some day find out there isn't God than to go through life not believing in God and someday finding out there is God.
  • taitaFa... Common ... 2012/05/14 00:25:12
    taitaFalcon23
    +3
    good for you, I believe in God too... I just no longer believe in the motives of those who would speak in his name as there seems to be massive conflicts of interests. That IS the essence of believing in God. I'v never said I don't believe in God - I SAID I don't believe in religion. Have your sayings, I don't care.... God isn't a 'hedge bet' for the scared.....
  • Common ... taitaFa... 2012/05/14 23:53:59
    Common Sense Conservative
    Hmm, how can you believe in God and not religion?
  • taitaFa... Common ... 2012/05/15 01:24:03
    taitaFalcon23
    With a discening mind. There is empirical knowledge and there is dogma... Empirical is the trustworthy knowledge my 'faith' adheres to. In this world and dimension, 1+1= 2. In religious dogma, it only equals if someone tells you it does. Such is religion; religion is the rhetoric that someone told you to believe in. You choose whether or not to believe in them.

My faith tells me that 'god' is first and foremost a concept - not a tagline that seeks out your comfort to exist. Once in your mind, you can no longer undo the concept.

I believe God is the master designer/engineer in the design of our world. Just the design of tilting the earth 23 degrees creates energy and the 4 seasons that create and sustains life. That energy creates weather which is needed for anything to survive on our planet.

The human body alone, it's chemical makeup and operations come from a master designer... I was 'religious' all my life but I got faith when I became an engineer about 11 yrs ago. Religion became no more important than mutterings over tea leaves and nonsensible signs at that point. There was never a minister of pastor who scared me enough to 'believe' and I've rolled with the holiest.

Leave the emotional buzzwords and think critically, your belief in God will strengthen expotentially. I fur...

Leave the emotional buzzwords and think critically, your belief in God will strengthen expotentially. I further strengthened my faith when I learned how to eat as a vegetarian and I own a sh*tload of guns. I always will. I believe in the power of a .45

The interactional design of mineral, vitamins and phytochemicals of a proper diet are a masterpiece that defies explanation. I don't care - I lost 60 lbs in 7b mos and lowered my resting heartrate to less than 45 beats per minute at 54 yrs old with 99% oxygenation.

Strangely, I became more hardcore about the death penalty and abortion.
  • Common ... taitaFa... 2012/05/15 23:53:18
    Common Sense Conservative
    OK, great. But to me if one believes in God that person is also religious. You don't have to go to church or listen to a priest or a minister or anyone else for that matter, but if you believe you believe and that is religion.
  • taitaFa... Common ... 2012/05/16 00:45:03
    taitaFalcon23
    okay - your entitled opinion. I don't and won't believe faith and religion are the same things. a play on words maybe but more accurate if you depend on wha you say what you mean and mean what you say.
  • Common ... taitaFa... 2012/05/16 04:52:03
    Common Sense Conservative
    +1
    yeppers
  • Ev Rom taitaFa... 2012/05/19 22:29:54 (edited)
    Ev Rom
    +1
    They want you to join their "team" so they can control you. If you read the bible you'll see that Jesus spent his time going off on the religious and everything he blasted them about, the current religious do the same.
  • taitaFa... Ev Rom 2012/05/20 08:18:21
    taitaFalcon23
    +1
    whatever the reason; religion is about control and I distrust it. Faith in God is much more reliable
  • Nathan Common ... 2012/05/12 22:09:14
    Nathan
    +5
    Religion is VERY controlling. That is pretty much it's purpose. Biblical law anyone?
  • Common ... Nathan 2012/05/12 22:18:40
    Common Sense Conservative
    Do you condone murder?
  • Brynn Common ... 2012/05/13 03:51:31
    Brynn
    +6
    You shouldn't need to read a book to understand that taking a human's life is wrong. By the way the bible justifies genocide and rape.
  • Common ... Brynn 2012/05/13 18:31:46
    Common Sense Conservative
    What Bible are you trying to interpret?
  • Brynn Common ... 2012/05/14 05:43:17
    Brynn
    +1
    Joshua. Try reading the bible and you'll know what I'm talking about.
  • Common ... Brynn 2012/05/14 23:55:22
    Common Sense Conservative
    My Bible isn't in English and is at least 200 years old. Try reading the Ten Commandments.
  • bagoshi Common ... 2012/05/22 05:52:31
    bagoshi
    +1
    Try reading the OT. There is a lot of slaughter being commanded there.
  • Common ... bagoshi 2012/05/23 05:04:17
    Common Sense Conservative
    TEN commandments
  • taitaFa... Brynn 2012/05/14 10:53:13
    taitaFalcon23
    that is a 'value' that is so obvious that does not need evidentiary support. I don't know if the bible 'justifies' genocide and rape. I DO believe it speaks about those issues and gives examples of such occurrences. 'Raider' and I are not bosom buddies and rarely agree on anything so don't be baited by obviously instrusive and rhetorical questions. This is the problem of 'religion'. It's a means to ourposely exploit the revered word of anyone, organization or cult to confuse and sway. Believe in God - not religion. That's a safer bet. Empirical knowledge is a smarter belief system than memorized dogma that makes no obvious sense.

The bible is a complex showroom of parables in the vagaries of life. They're life lessons - a guidance reference for living life, that's all. Not an infallible blueprint of set instructions that make no allowance for technology nor developments from every example of govt that has managed to save, ruin, affect lives
  • Nathan Common ... 2012/05/13 04:23:15
    Nathan
    +3
    Exactly what Brynn said. It is indoctrination showing when someone thinks that one would need a religious book and leader to assign them values in life, like not murdering others or being gay, instead of determining what is right and wrong based upon your society, family, friends, and life experience. I don't need a religious text to tell me what is right and wrong as I determine morals myself. I know murdering is wrong as you take someone's life away from them, the ultimate theft. I don't steal because I wouldn't want someone to steal from me. That is the control I was talking about. You may hate gays because the bible says it's a sin, but I do not as my personal interaction with a couple people who were gay or a lesbian were pleasant and the same as any other human I met. They were very polite and extremely empathetic to how I felt, trying to make me feel at home. Basically, they were good people who loved or wanted love someone of the same sex. That part of their life is not my business and because of my personal experience I would think they deserve the same rights as straight people since they are the same humans as we. I'm not attacking anyone religious, as I know many intelligent and caring people who are religious, but I am just explaining the reality of religion. That part of religion is what creates extremists because they believe the bible 100% literally and emulate the value system of the book as their own.
  • Common ... Nathan 2012/05/13 18:34:43
    Common Sense Conservative
    +1
    Who said I hate homo's?

To me, if you don't murder or do any of the 10 Commandments then you follow Religion.
  • bagoshi Common ... 2012/05/22 05:53:46
    bagoshi
    +1
    That is totally untrue. You can be an Atheist and follow all of those. Atheism is not a religion.
  • Common ... bagoshi 2012/05/23 05:09:10
    Common Sense Conservative
    If you follow the 10 commandments you will soon find out that you aren't an atheist.

Brilliant!!!
  • reaper Common ... 2012/05/13 09:13:04
    reaper
    +2
    lol, have you read the bible?
  • Common ... reaper 2012/05/13 18:35:06
    Common Sense Conservative
    Which Bible are you referring to?

2014/10/23 09:37:36