Rave if you think the tea party is brainwashed by fox news.

Todd The Libertarian 2013/02/28 04:03:44
I had someone on a post tell me I was doing a bad job acting liberatarian.Even though that is how I vote.And during the election I made it clear I thought Gary Johnson was a better conservative than Romney.My party has a liberal base n a conservative base.We do not have some guy on the Radio tell us how to act or think.In my opinon we are fiscal conservative social liberals.Now alot the tea party throws the same taliking points at you in every debate.It makes me think that they are brainwashed.They have no thoughts of their own.Little Hannitys n Rush people walking around.

• Marcus Clark 2013/02/28 04:51:00
    Tea party people have alot of different thoughts n Ideas
    Marcus Clark
    +9
    That sounds like the image of the TEA party movement that the left wants people to believe. There may be a few self proclaimed Tea partiers that fit that description, but it is not an accurate portrayal of the majority of the TEA party movement.

• mama sew,gung ho 2013/03/05 04:02:35
    Tea party people are Rushbots
    mama sew,gung ho
    +1
    "Starve the Fox!" I don't even stop on the channel to watch regular programming,but my family does,and that's O.K.,cause I believe in Democracy!
  • Todd Th... mama se... 2013/03/05 16:38:44
    Todd The Libertarian
    +1
    I watch it when I have coffee with my grandpa yo make sure he isnot being fleeced by them.lol
  • mama se... Todd Th... 2013/03/11 02:33:35
    mama sew,gung ho
    +1
    My husband watches,he says you have to know what the enemy's going to come up with next, so you can be ready to rebut them! LOL
  • Todd Th... mama se... 2013/03/11 14:51:17
    Todd The Libertarian
    +1
    I do the same.You married a thinker.
  • mama se... Todd Th... 2013/03/11 20:07:00
    mama sew,gung ho
    +1
    Yes He's a pencil pusher alright! LOL But I'm a cross between "I Love Lucy"(Lucille Ball),Gracy Allen,say goodnight Gracy(George Burn's wife),and Eli Mae Clampet! Lets just say,we've balanced each other out for the last 26yrs.LOL
  • Todd Th... mama se... 2013/03/12 03:17:45
    Todd The Libertarian
    +1
    My wife n I have been together 17 yrs.I own a buissness she is a cpa.We are both type A.That is not supposed to work lol.
  • mama se... Todd Th... 2013/03/14 00:04:55
    mama sew,gung ho
    +1
    Ah Amore',it comes in so many ways."And hopefully it's with a soul-mate of your choosing!" LOL
  • Todd Th... mama se... 2013/03/14 02:08:03
    Todd The Libertarian
    I am very happy.
  • ☆astac☆~PWCM 2013/03/04 04:32:15
    ☆astac☆~PWCM
    Fox News does not give the Tea Party types enough air time, let alone brain wash them
  • Todd Th... ☆astac☆... 2013/03/04 16:02:38
    Todd The Libertarian
    No they do not any more.Rove? But the tea party people I ran with in the begining now sound like the fox establishment.And there are now so many tea partys it is like the baptist church.
  • ☆stillthe12c☆ 2013/03/04 03:37:03
    ☆stillthe12c☆
    +2
    The Republican party seems to have leaned quite a bit to the left feeling that they need to. They need to get back to their ideas and explain them to the mass. But most of all they need to get involved in schools to make sure that conservative ideas get to the youth once again. They have allowed the liberals to take over there and they are never going to win if they do not help others to learn what conservatism is.
  • Todd Th... ☆stillt... 2013/03/04 16:04:36
    Todd The Libertarian
    +2
    Well I am a fiscal conservative n social liberal.The only group who welcomed me was the libertarians.
  • ☆stillt... Todd Th... 2013/03/04 16:27:59
    ☆stillthe12c☆
    +1
    That is a good description of what I have noticed from reading your comments.
  • Todd Th... ☆stillt... 2013/03/04 19:59:01
    Todd The Libertarian
    That is who I am.I do not wish to tell anyone how to live or be told.I am pro gun,and think the govt waste more money than a drunk playing blackjack.
  • Todd Th... ☆stillt... 2013/03/04 19:55:41 (edited)
    Todd The Libertarian
    +1
    In my opinon they have been spending like drunks.Paul Ryan during Bush yrs spent like he was
  • ☆stillt... Todd Th... 2013/03/04 20:37:32
    ☆stillthe12c☆
    Yes they did and now they are trying to pretend they are now conservative again and I do not believe them.
  • Todd Th... ☆stillt... 2013/03/04 20:40:54
    Todd The Libertarian
    +1
    Alot of these cats do not want to lose their jobs on both sodes in my opinion.We get screwed.
  • ☆stillt... Todd Th... 2013/03/04 20:44:16
    ☆stillthe12c☆
    +1
    I agree. I was telling everybody to vote our every incumbent this last election. That did not happen. My state itself sent back the likes of Feinstein and Pelosi and tow years ago Boxer and Nev. sent Reid back.
  • Todd Th... ☆stillt... 2013/03/04 20:50:54
    Todd The Libertarian
    +1
    lol I have no use for any of these.
  • ☆stillt... Todd Th... 2013/03/04 22:23:02
    ☆stillthe12c☆
    +1
    It is beyond me how people can send people like the back.
  • Todd Th... ☆stillt... 2013/03/04 22:53:46
    Todd The Libertarian
    +1
    I am pro term limits.
  • ☆stillt... Todd Th... 2013/03/04 23:17:13
    ☆stillthe12c☆
    +1
    I am as well.
  • Todd Th... ☆stillt... 2013/03/04 23:21:23
    Todd The Libertarian
    +1
    Those lifers are on govt welfare to me.No matter the party.
  • ☆stillt... Todd Th... 2013/03/04 23:22:42
    ☆stillthe12c☆
    +1
    And they get overpaid for it.
  • Todd Th... ☆stillt... 2013/03/05 16:40:19
    Todd The Libertarian
    +1
    That is a understatement because nobody knows all the kickbacks.
  • Zoomie 2013/03/01 01:44:12
    Zoomie
    +2
    TeaBaggers are hardcore, rightwing Republicans and always have been...

They've cost the GOP at least 2, if not 6, US Senate seats, and several House seats (would have been more but for gerrymandering by the GOP the last 6 years).
  • Todd Th... Zoomie 2013/03/01 01:47:44
    Todd The Libertarian
    +1
    This racist crap yesterday and trying to rig elections will cost them their party in my Opinion.
  • rikonjohn Zoomie 2013/03/01 10:10:01
    rikonjohn
    +1
    I agree with your second sentence but I'm not so sure about the first.

Hardcore, right wing Republicans (Conservative one's anyway) were guys like Barry Goldwater, Dwight Eisenhower, William F. Buckley - you know, guys who could THINK. Who could make a case for their positions that didn't START with name-calling and insults. Folks who'd be considered RINO's today and would be laughed off of any stage where modern day "conservatives" would fill the audience.

Teabaggers, on the other hand, remind me of the guys back in the day who'd look through the glass window in the community showers watching all the people getting gassed, or the first Southerner to put on that pointy-head mask, or the guys pulling the prisoners out of the jail at gunpoint to take 'em to the hanging tree, or the crowds in Germany marching and singing around the piles of burning books. . .

Teabaggers remind me of all of the above and a lot more - but without the humanity.

Hardcore right-wing Conservatives like Ike, Barry, and William shouldn't be associated with the radical Teabaggers. In fact they warned us about them. They knew these guys were coming and tried to warn us. To my shame, guys like me couldn't believe them. The very thought was too outrageous.
  • Phyllis... rikonjohn 2013/03/01 14:15:18
    Phyllis Murphy
    +1
    How terribly misinformed you are spewing such vulgar hate rhetoric. This kind of expression is what keeps families, parties and countries split. As I researched Tea Baggers as a non party person, voting only for the substance of the candidate. In the beginning when they first started appearing, many were seniors like myself who survived the horrible years of Depression caused by a corrupt government. Unfortunately, any group attempting to challenge another is going to be infiltrated. The Tea Party was no different. One particularly hostile black man was there to disrupt and during an argument bit the finger off the man he was yelling at. Now that is really, really stupid and is a fine example of why America is in a state of chaos, not to mention a decline in education, so bad that American Education especially, elementary and high school are at the bottom of the pile in the world. Drugs and alcohol and sex are pervasive among children...Truancy in schools has been at a 50% for years....50% of babies are illegimate teen age girls who have no husband and sometimes does not even know who the daddy is.Welfare of 50% of a population spells doom for any nation striving to be strong and progressive if you have a bunch of people staying on the welfare system for years and sometime...
    How terribly misinformed you are spewing such vulgar hate rhetoric. This kind of expression is what keeps families, parties and countries split. As I researched Tea Baggers as a non party person, voting only for the substance of the candidate. In the beginning when they first started appearing, many were seniors like myself who survived the horrible years of Depression caused by a corrupt government. Unfortunately, any group attempting to challenge another is going to be infiltrated. The Tea Party was no different. One particularly hostile black man was there to disrupt and during an argument bit the finger off the man he was yelling at. Now that is really, really stupid and is a fine example of why America is in a state of chaos, not to mention a decline in education, so bad that American Education especially, elementary and high school are at the bottom of the pile in the world. Drugs and alcohol and sex are pervasive among children...Truancy in schools has been at a 50% for years....50% of babies are illegimate teen age girls who have no husband and sometimes does not even know who the daddy is.Welfare of 50% of a population spells doom for any nation striving to be strong and progressive if you have a bunch of people staying on the welfare system for years and sometimes learning to work into almost a permanent lifestyle. These are a few of the things that the Tea Party was trying to address. Our Congress is filled with old rich men and women from both sides. read up on these people. It has become a life time career which was not what founding fathers intended...Today these old men and women in the Senate and House total about 6000 years by virtue of staying in office forever because it is a cushy job with a low level of work and high pay and benefits...Stop name calling.
  • Blessed Sheep Gone Wild! 2013/03/01 01:40:37
    Tea party people are Rushbots
    Blessed Sheep Gone Wild!
    +1
    they would be the rats that jumped ship as its sinking...
  • rocat 2013/02/28 19:58:00
    rocat
    +3
    i was the one who told you that...
    and i stand by it-

the original tea party...
    [pre neoconprog hijacking]
    was about liberty and sane spending habits-
    not social and religious issues...
    like sexuality... and etc-

the hijackers of the tea party advocate big govt...
    engineering culture and society-
    long been the goal of progressives-

the original tea party...
    had nothing in common with modern liberalism-
    classical liberalism...yes...
    modern no-

except perhaps...
    the dislike of crony capitalism-
  • Todd Th... rocat 2013/02/28 20:32:07
    Todd The Libertarian
    +1
    If you want to stand by thinking you know how I vote that is your choice.It makes you look as if you have a few screws loose.Our party is not a bunch of robots.We have many diferent views on social issues.But we are on the same fiscal page.
  • rocat Todd Th... 2013/02/28 21:03:52 (edited)
    rocat
    +3
    i have no idea how you vote-
    i never once addressed the subject-
    so...???... what's up w/ that???

libertarianism...
    is not based on having 'different' views-
    it is based on THE view...
    that govt has no venue...
    outside the limited enumerated powers granted it-

this is the basis...
    which allows all those views-

under no circumstances...
    should one use governance...
    to promote...protect... or prohibit...
    any views-

it is in this understanding...
    that i claim you do not represent libertarianism-

in fact you...
    [and many of the comments here]
    misrepresent libertarianism-
    is this intentional perhaps???

libertarianism is not a reactionary response of protest-
    it is a firm preconceived stance...
    founded on the premise...
    that liberty is not GRANTED by govt-
    nor may it be restricted by-

no matter how much one's "differing" views say otherwise-
  • Todd Th... rocat 2013/02/28 21:06:58
    Todd The Libertarian
    This is not a bible.You tea folks can treat your platform as you wish.
  • rocat Todd Th... 2013/02/28 21:13:02
    rocat
    +2
    i have never been part of the tea party-
    am not much for the group thing-

bible???
    ???
  • Todd Th... rocat 2013/02/28 21:16:27
    Todd The Libertarian
    Yeah you said I am not acting libertarian and posted a platform.As if I should follow it like the bible.I am me.not any Party Puppet.And I wish to grow my party.
  • rocat Todd Th... 2013/02/28 21:25:49
    rocat
    +2
    i couldn't give a rats ass about the libertarian party-
    not a party puppet...
    but wishing to grow your party???
    kay...

i posted some simple libertarian premises...
    core ones fundamental to the school of thought-

and look at you balking-
    going on about bibles- WTF???
    see what i mean???

you do not represent libertarian thinking at all-

feel free to address anything i said earlier-
    you forgot to-

then it would be really cool...
    to hear your ideas ...
    on what libertarianism is...
    as an idea...not a "party"???
  • Todd Th... rocat 2013/02/28 21:31:52
    Todd The Libertarian
    We will become one
  • rocat Todd Th... 2013/02/28 21:41:30
    rocat
    +1
    okey-dokey...
    mister "not party puppet"

lmfcao
  • Todd Th... rocat 2013/02/28 21:46:51
    Todd The Libertarian
    Glad I could make you laugh.You folks sure amuse me as you become regional

2014/12/21 22:21:07