RAVE If You Think The "Christians" That Spew Hate About Gays On SH Are No Different Than Westboro Baptist Chruch.

Che Guevara - Hero 2012/12/27 00:01:54
I AGREE
Actually Some SH Gay Bashers Are WORSE
All Of The Above
I Can't Help It, I Was Raised In A Trailer Park.

RAVE If You Think The "Christians" That Spew Hate About Gays On SH Are No Different From Westboro Baptist Chruch.

The Westboro Baptist Church (WBC) is an American independent Baptist church known for its extreme ideologies, especially those against homosexuality. The church is widely described as a hate group and is monitored as such by the Anti-Defamation League and Southern Poverty Law Center. It is headed by Fred Phelps and consists primarily of members of his large family; in 2011, the church stated that it had about 40 members. The church is headquartered in a residential neighborhood on the west side of Topeka about three miles west of the Kansas State Capitol. Its first public service was held on the afternoon of November 27, 1955.

The church has been actively involved in actions against gays since at least 1991, when it sought a crackdown on homosexual activity at Gage Park six blocks northwest of the church. In addition to conducting anti-gay protests at military funerals, the organization pickets other celebrity funerals and public events that are likely to get it media attention. Protests have also been held demonstrating against Jews and some protests included stomping on the American flag.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westboro_Baptist_Church

• Kyra 2013/04/18 18:04:07
    All Of The Above
    Kyra
    +1
    I wouldn't call them Christians. They are nothing like CHRIST.
  • I AGREE
    ⚥Κόζμω Græme اليا Mongrain
    +2
    They're not christians
  • The Elitist Libtard SodaJerk 2013/01/04 00:13:46
    I AGREE
    The Elitist Libtard SodaJerk
    +1
    They love to point out that Fred Phelps is a democrat as if that mattered the guys made up religion sounds like is was inspired from Jerry Fallwell, and given to him by Rick Santorum
  • lucky 2013/01/03 16:30:31
    lucky
    Terrible choices, the answer is no not because they are not as obnoxious as Westboro but only because SH people can be blocked if they annoy you, Westboro on the other hand if they chose can go to your house, stand on a public side walk and protest 24 hours a day 365 days a year and there is not one thing you can do about it.
  • bob h. 2012/12/31 03:57:28
    I AGREE
    bob h.
    SSDD
  • Michael S. 2012/12/30 22:38:22 (edited)
  • Che Gue... Michael S. 2012/12/30 23:37:54
  • Michael S. Che Gue... 2012/12/30 23:39:20 (edited)
    Michael S.
    I'm more disappointed than mad, but it's better to be mad and to care than to be a partisan bully or hypocritically look down on the rural poor while preaching tolerance and respect for lifestyles people were born into. You are what you hate.
  • Sissy 2012/12/29 14:00:48
    I AGREE
    Sissy
    +4
    But then, I believe that so-called "Christians" who spews hate about anyone, even our leaders are no different than the pathetic excuse of the Westboro Baptist Church.
  • Tordgaard 2012/12/29 11:52:36
    Actually Some SH Gay Bashers Are WORSE
    Tordgaard
    +2
    They can be worse because they're anonymous here and, in my experience on SH, the homophobic Christians are generally less vile that the homophobic Muslims of SH.
  • Che Gue... Tordgaard 2012/12/30 15:01:48
    Che Guevara - Hero
    Can you give me an example ?
  • Tordgaard Che Gue... 2012/12/30 18:39:05
    Tordgaard
    +2
    Hi Che - Sure. One of the worst homophobic Muslims I encountered was from Kuwait and calls herself 'female.' She insisted that gay people all needed to be imprisoned and required to undergo corrective therapy. Most homophobic American Christians just insist you need to learn the 'Truth' and suggest mental therapy.
  • Freedom!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2012/12/29 07:20:05
    Actually Some SH Gay Bashers Are WORSE
    Freedom!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    +1
    Really if you think about it Westboro just practices what most Christians preach. I in no way support Westboro but it is odd to me that Christians wouldn't. It seems Westboro is just honest with themselves about the craziness that they believe and the implications of those beliefs.
  • Laura 2012/12/29 05:01:51
    I AGREE
    Laura
    +3
    I assume some of the folks on Sodahead that claim to be Christians, yet they HATE gays, speak of our president in hateful and disrespectful ways, and indulge in race hating are actually members of Westboro Church. I don`t blame them for not admitting, but their beliefs are the same.
  • DecreeB 2012/12/29 02:50:02
    I AGREE
    DecreeB
    +3
    There are people from every religion that are crazy. I hate that these so called "Christians" are destroying how other people view us. I don't even think they deserve to call themselves Christian because if they believe something so extreme that isn't even true, and claim they know that God believes something that He never states, they aren't truly Christian.
  • hasher 2012/12/29 02:36:01
    hasher
    i see spewed hate from the left as muchas i do from the right. so you libs dont have anyroom to talk. ive seen more hate talk against the nra in the past 2 weeks than i have in quite a while. so dont be pointing fingers at conservatives. about hate. better be looking in your own back yard. just sayin"
  • the Sup... hasher 2012/12/29 04:43:06
    the Supreme
    +3
    but you were raised in a trailer park so therefore your opinion is mute
  • Michael S. the Sup... 2012/12/30 23:08:24
    Michael S.
    +1
    Yes, people raised in a trailer park can be disregarded out of hand, because the rural poor don't count as people. Classy.

I'd bet some of them are better than you at homophones though: The word is "moot."
  • Laura hasher 2012/12/29 05:09:09
    Laura
    +4
    What does the NRA have to do with Christianity or political parties......you are so messed up in your thinking. Being a Christian is following the teachings of Christ, which does not include hate, name calling and prejudice. Christ taught love and tolerance. Christ would not be toting a gun if he were here today. If you want to insist on calling yourself a Christian, learn what a Christian stands for..
  • joseph ... hasher 2012/12/29 20:14:24
  • Jesferkicks 2012/12/28 23:56:58
    I AGREE
    Jesferkicks
    +2
    Difference in degree but the same mindset.
  • JustBeingAtPeace 2012/12/28 23:18:47
    I AGREE
    JustBeingAtPeace
    +2
    I agree but have to say not all christians are full of hate but all "people" are judgemental. Sad, but true.
  • Jesse 2012/12/28 22:43:23
    Actually Some SH Gay Bashers Are WORSE
    Jesse
    +2
    The "spewed hate" is not coming from the christians on SH.
  • LayLady Jesse 2012/12/29 00:16:11 (edited)
    LayLady
    +4
    actually most of it is, and most Conservatives or at least they're saying that they're Christian & conservative. Ask them yourselves, and if you're a true Christian, or if you're Conservative, tell me otherwise.
  • Libby T... LayLady 2012/12/29 00:47:09
  • LayLady Libby T... 2012/12/29 00:56:31
    LayLady
    +2
    You should look at a bunch of the anti-gay comments on all of the polls about homosexuality and you will see that most of them are from Christian right-wingers.
  • Che Gue... Libby T... 2012/12/29 00:56:39
    Che Guevara - Hero
    +3
    Another SH Christian In Name Only (C.I.N.O.) Spreading the love of Jesus Christ. And you wonder why people are leaving the Christian Church in droves ?
  • LayLady Che Gue... 2012/12/29 01:02:12 (edited)
    LayLady
    +2
    You're not being a hateful troll, you're only voicing what the hateful trolls are saying. Something needs to be said and done about it because prejudice against homosexuality has been a civil issue for a long time and gays deserve every right as anyone else to live and be.
  • hasher Che Gue... 2012/12/29 02:38:19
    hasher
    yeah what about youl libs who spew hate against christians and the nra?? dont be pointing fingers at us until you clean up your own mess. or change your stinkin thinking.
  • LayLady hasher 2012/12/29 04:50:45 (edited)
    LayLady
    +2
    According to your bible, homosexuality is an abomination. Who's doing the hating and stinking thinking again? Clean YOUR mess which is causing people to hate Christianity and it's followers. Until then, hate will spew.
  • Sissy Jesse 2012/12/29 14:01:42
    Sissy
    +1
    You're right Jesse, but they certainly claim to be.
  • kobidobidog 2012/12/28 22:29:18 (edited)
    I AGREE
    kobidobidog
    +1
    There are two forms of hate. The kind of hate so called Christians have is the same hate whatever religion has including Westboro. God hates what people do in war worshiping the dead being grateful for dead people. The Christians are the people not wanting to be like the people in WestBoro. They however if they chose can change. How can people that do not have a wholesome tongue be a Christian? Proverbs 15 4: A wholesome tongue is a tree of life: but perverseness therein is a breach in the spirit. KJV, Pro; 6;16: This verse shows what God hates. It is not what so called Christians say. This makes the people at the WestBoro church the same as so called Christians swearing taking Christs name in vain. Inedible figs are naughty not sex or nudity. Jeremiah 24,2,One basket had very good figs, even like the figs that are firt ripe: and the other basket had very naughty figs, which could not be eaten, they were so bad. Proverbs 6:12 A naughty person, a wicked man, walketh with a froward mouth.
  • Gid 2012/12/28 19:09:08
    Actually Some SH Gay Bashers Are WORSE
    Gid
    +2
    What I find all to often is people who equate disagreement with hate. They are not the same thing.
  • ButterflyEcho 2012/12/28 18:00:21
    I AGREE
    ButterflyEcho
    +4
    People who spew hate toward homosexuals AND claim to be Christian are trying to play God, and they give loving, accepting Christians a bad image. IF God is so against homosexuality, these haters should let God do his job and judge them on his own. However, I don't think God is a hater, and I am glad that not all Christians are haters.
  • TXredhead Butterf... 2012/12/28 22:36:59
    TXredhead
    +1
    I think Hate is Hate is Hate... including those who claim to be "tolerant" of everyone except those that they don't agree with. All of us have flaws, all of us are sinners. No sin is above or below any other so lying is the same as murder in the eyes of a Righteous God. That is why we all need a Savior. Having said that, we all need love, kindness and compassion and forgiveness. I think we can agree anything shoved into the face of others who don't agree is seen as hostile and seems to be answered with the same hostility.
  • Butterf... TXredhead 2012/12/29 04:03:21
    ButterflyEcho
    +3
    Although I am not a particularly religious person, I agree that no one should force their beliefs upon others, and that we all need love, kindness, and compassion. Well said!
  • TXredhead Butterf... 2012/12/29 05:21:20
    TXredhead
    +1
    I'm not religious either, but I am in a very loving and nurturing relationship with my God. No man-made rules, just me and Him. I really do believe that forcing their beliefs isn't what a lot of people are trying to do. Many of us, me included, know the joy, peace and love that comes with a relationship with God just bubbles up and you desire everyone you know to have this sense of peace, calm and contentment. To not share it is like having the cure to cancer but keeping it to yourself. And that "cancer" goes by many names such as "loneliness, fear, shame, hate, loathing, pain, etc..."
  • Butterf... TXredhead 2012/12/31 17:15:50
    ButterflyEcho
    +1
    I think when Christians tell people about their beliefs, it's not with any malice. I agree with you there. However, I only talk about what I believe if someone asks. At that point, I know they may be receptive to what I believe. I don't like to presume that others don't have that sense of peace, calm, and contentment with whatever they believe. God is omnipotent and I feel like if people need divine intervention, he can intervene. His intervention may be as simple as a person being receptive to hearing about what I believe. That's just my opinion and I am glad you are so happy.
  • TXredhead Butterf... 2012/12/31 18:41:57
    TXredhead
    Thank you. I agree. I just take Matthew 5:14-16 "You are the light of the world. A city built on a hill can not be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on a stand and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way let your light shine before others that they may see your good dies and glorify their Father in heaven." I am a flawed, imperfect human. But, I have a light to shine because He alone has given me my jove, peace, love and content. My hope is that I can give the gift He has given to me to others so they have a better life and cause a domino effect to all those around us. Thank you for your input, Butterfly.
  • Butterf... TXredhead 2012/12/31 23:27:58
    ButterflyEcho
    +1
    You're welcome... God bless you!

2014/09/02 19:40:25