Rave If You Think Sarah Palin Went to Chick-fil-A Just To Let Everyone Know She Hates Gay People

Che Guevara - Hero 2012/07/31 11:59:27

On Friday, Sarah Palin tweeted/Facebooked a picture of herself and her husband in a Chick-fil-A looking so ucking happy. They're way happier than the oldest gay couple in America on their wedding day. Sarah and Todd are beaming hateful joy. It's really visceral.

"Stopped by Chick-fil-A in The Woodlands to support a great business," is the caption.

Palin also posted a picture of herself with the Sassy Feet Dance Squad in that same Texas location, which just seems like even more of a slap in the face because if a gay man didn't come up with that name, it at least is one that seems tailored to appeal to gays. The Sassy Feet Dance Squad giveth and taketh.

Palin's visit and subsequent posting of her photos is just a way to say, "Homosexuals, I hate you," without saying, "Homosexuals, I hate you." I'd call it "innovative," except it's the same thing Rick Santorum did when hetweeted about his visit to the chain, the same thing Mike Huckabee did when he called for a Chick-fil-A Appreciation Day. These are gentle jabs of hatred, ways of being completely cowardly about offensiveness. Palin's pictures are perfect relics of the modern bigot: the kind of person who bristles at being called a bigot while spouting bigotry, who expresses her shame alongside the outward expression of shamelessness because she knows, deep down, that subjugation of human life is fucked up.

A chickenshi move in a chicken eatery, this is social cannibalism.

Read More: http://gawker.com/5930145/sarah-palin-went-to-chic...

• Dwight 2012/07/31 13:26:26 (edited)
    For Sure
    Dwight
    +47
    It does seem like she took a paige from the Left.

Which means not just disliking or hating something, but going on Talking Head Shows and Photo Shoots to publicize the object of hate.

Seems fair to me.

• Joker~R... Che Gue... 2012/08/01 15:20:23
  • Ev Rom Joker~R... 2012/08/01 20:59:35
    Ev Rom
    well finally you can be honest...
  • LOTR_HP... Joker~R... 2012/08/02 00:06:15
  • FindingHeartInThisCrazy World 2012/08/01 03:48:24
    All of the Above
    FindingHeartInThisCrazy World
    +2
    she was a VP Pick..think about it....if that doesn't tell us that theRepublican Party has no right to be picking our leaders nothing will.....and Romney is very close to being just like her...look how he thinks he does not have to speak to the press...I really do not think he is very smart...sorry Romney lovers but there is really nothing there.
  • Freebird Finding... 2012/08/01 04:45:59
    Freebird
    +5
    I suppose you think Obama is smart, right? Corpsemen, 57 states, seeing the dead heroes in the audience....geez, get a clue
  • Finding... Freebird 2012/08/01 14:39:26
    FindingHeartInThisCrazy World
    +1
    i think he is highly intelligent, yes
  • Ferηαηdo 夢 2012/08/01 03:46:17
    Ferηαηdo 夢
    +3
    Her grandson is already spouting homophobic slurs. I wonder who he got it from?

palin homophobe

Scratch that.....all her kids seemed to have picked them up somewhere.
  • Sir Bud. 2012/08/01 03:41:48
    All of the Above
    Sir Bud.
    +4
    We knew before,but there ya go!.lol.
  • Pat 2012/08/01 03:16:25
    All of the Above
    +5
    What other reason would she have to go there?
  • Finding... Pat 2012/08/01 03:50:14
    FindingHeartInThisCrazy World
    +4
    attention...she can't let an opportunity go by without whoring herself.
  • Pat Finding... 2012/08/01 11:55:26
    +1
    You've got me there!
  • Ev Rom Finding... 2012/08/01 21:02:07
  • Ishmael Pat 2012/08/01 04:27:48
    Ishmael
    +2
    Maybe she just LIKES Crappy Chicken Sandwiches made by underpaid minimum-wage drones.
  • JULIE Ishmael 2012/08/01 13:38:49
    JULIE
    +2
    That was a really terrible thing to say! your gonna talk crap about hard working people that only make minimum wage, discusting
  • Ishmael JULIE 2012/08/01 13:54:00
    Ishmael
    +2
    Hey! I ain't the one paying them minimum wage for wearing stupid looking work clothes. Perhaps you should direct your Anger at their EMPLOYER, NOT ME. And the word is DIsgusting. As in, "The homophobic assbag who OWNS Chick-fil-a is Disgusting for only paying his people Minimum Wage while he gets idiots like YOU to give him their money so he can foment Hatred against Gay people."
  • JULIE Ishmael 2012/08/01 14:13:43 (edited)
    JULIE
    +3
    And I guess you wont be eating at most restaurants then, because they all pay minimum wage and if your a server, thats even less, but to talk crap about people working min. wage jobs, when their are few jobs available, just makes you a pig!
  • Ishmael JULIE 2012/08/01 14:24:34
    Ishmael
    +1
    I don't dis the worker because some Capitalist Swine tries to squeeze them for starvation wages. I call out the Plutocratic PIG who makes his Blood money off those same slaves. But then, THAT'S why I'M a MARXIST.
    cpusa
    It's also why I ALWAYS tip 20%.
  • JULIE Ishmael 2012/08/01 14:32:45
    JULIE
    +1
    Glad to hear you tip well as people depend on this to survive.
    You cant blame companies for paying min. wage when thats the law, change the laws, republicans have fought against raising min. wage for yrs.
    And it should be doubled. But calling workers slaves & stupid, makes you a stupid slave to the Repub. party
  • Ishmael JULIE 2012/08/01 15:12:18
    Ishmael
    +1
    I may be MANY things, rude,crass,vulgar and in your face. But I Am most Definitely NOT a Reactionary Fascist. What I Called chick-fil-a workers was "underPAID minimum wage drones.". That was no reflection on them, merely the schmuck who EMPLOYS THEM.
  • JULIE Ishmael 2012/08/01 15:16:08
    JULIE
    +1
    You called them slaves & drones
    They should be called hero's for in most cases "working 2 to 3 of these jobs to support their familys
  • Ev Rom JULIE 2012/08/01 22:11:00
    Ev Rom
    +1
    most restaurants pay crap wages but they don't use the profits to fund discrimination, that is the difference.
  • JULIE Ev Rom 2012/08/03 04:34:13
    JULIE
    Are you sure about that?
  • Ev Rom JULIE 2012/08/03 05:46:19
    Ev Rom
    key word, MOST restaurants. When we find out they do fund anti gay organisations we say, boycott that business, we don't have that right? Are you telling me I have to shut my mouth, support and spend my money where that money will be used to fund things against me?

I also have a right to say I don't agree, I will not participate and I would like my family and loved ones to support me. Or would you like to take that right away from me as well?
  • JULIE Ev Rom 2012/08/04 01:15:34
    JULIE
    No one said you have to shut your mouth, but they shouldnt either
  • Ev Rom JULIE 2012/08/04 01:29:46
    Ev Rom
    But you do want hem to shut their mouth, They are saying they don't agree and they will boycott. What is their alternative?

I do have a problem with they did in Chicago, because government should not get involved that way. But if Cathy is willing to say something and is representing his company then he has to accept that people might not agree and are going to voice their disapproval.
  • JULIE Ev Rom 2012/08/04 01:31:23
    JULIE
    No one said anyone should shut their mouth, but u can now.Damn!!
  • Ev Rom JULIE 2012/08/04 01:36:57
    Ev Rom
    Are you trying to censor me? LOL You have no answer as to what is their alternative and don't want to say gay people have a right to voice their disapproval?
  • Frank Ishmael 2012/08/01 21:29:37
    Frank
    +1
    The minimum wage thing is everywhere not just Chic. I heard his statement and in no way did I get the idea he hated gay people. He just said he supports man and woman marriage.... The rag press has done the rest to get everyone so riled up.....
  • Ev Rom Frank 2012/08/01 23:52:15
    Ev Rom
    Blacks and whites should not get married, Jews and other races should not mix. You don't detect a tiny bit of hate in those kinds of words?

He could say put all gays in concentration camps or kill all gay people and you would probably still say you didnt get the idea he hates gay people... LOL
  • Ev Rom Ishmael 2012/08/01 22:09:34
  • Dan 2012/08/01 02:55:30
    For Sure
    Dan
    +4
    Any time any one supports free speech it's because they hate homosexuals. No dought about it. Anyone who thinks that marriage should be between a man and a woman must hate all homosexuals with a passion. There is no other option.
  • Finding... Dan 2012/08/01 03:50:39
    FindingHeartInThisCrazy World
    +1
    yes..you are correct.
  • Dan Finding... 2012/08/02 02:25:07
    Dan
    Absolutely. And all people who want to redefine marriage must hate all married people. No dought about it, no other options.
  • Finding... Dan 2012/08/02 04:17:58
    FindingHeartInThisCrazy World
    i really don't care to be honest...i am married and happy and i really don't think about other people's relationships. i don't really care about chic filet either...i'd never heard of them until a few days ago. we don't have any around here. it seems to be really upsetting people but i am not keeping up with the story line..i'm not that invested in it.
  • Dan Finding... 2012/08/02 04:48:49
    Dan
    +1
    My point was jsut to illustrate how rediculous the perceived controversy is, how emotion and anger can turn a difference in philosophy into a major issue blown way out of proportion.
  • Finding... Dan 2012/08/02 11:02:46
    FindingHeartInThisCrazy World
    it's truly an overblown controversy...by everyone..right and left...it's been incredible to watch unfold...
  • Dan Finding... 2012/08/02 18:55:50
    Dan
    +1
    True dat.
  • helsink... Dan 2012/08/01 06:20:31
    helsinkiphil
    No dought whatsoever
  • Che Gue... helsink... 2012/08/01 09:19:43
    Che Guevara - Hero
    "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."
  • Eric Che Gue... 2012/08/01 12:26:53
    Eric
    +1
    Wonder why they did not add, as an unalieanble Right, the right to marry anyone. Because as it is written it seems to only refer to individual rights, not special laws regulating groups(and marriage would be a group).

2014/11/01 02:39:02