Rave if you think Romney's entire campaign is just one GIANT screw-up, after recent event is hosted by convicted drug trafficker.

Geenie Nabottle 2012/08/14 20:39:33
Host for Romney event is a convicted drug dealer

MIAMI — Mitt Romney held a campaign event Monday evening at a Miami juice shop owned by a convicted cocaine trafficker.

Romney appeared at El Palacio de los Jugos, which is owned by Reinaldo Bermudez. Court records show that Bermudez pleaded guilty to one count of conspiracy to distribute cocaine in 1999 and served three years in federal prison.

Appearing with Romney was Sen. Marco Rubio. Both men handed out juices to an excited crowd after making brief remarks. Romney was filming a campaign ad at the juice shop, aides said.

The Romney campaign didn't immediately respond to a request for comment. Phone calls placed by The Associated Press to the juice shop weren't answered.

Bermudez told the Miami New Times that the Secret Service vetted everything about him when the Romney campaign asked to use his fresh fruit and vegetable stand and that they knew about his criminal record.

"Here in Miami there are a lot people with money who have had problems with the law," Bermudez told the New Times. "Thankfully, we all have the opportunity in this country to re-enter society when we've done something wrong."

In media reports in November 1997, Bermudez was identified as one of 12 people accused in a Colombian drug smuggling operation. The arrests followed a seven-month investigation led by the FBI and U.S. Customs and Border Protection.

Agents seized about 2,850 pounds of cocaine at three South Florida ports over several months.

Agents first seized 430 pounds of cocaine at the Port of Palm Beach in July 1997 and then 117 pounds in late September at the Port of Miami. Those shipments were concealed in containers filled with fish imported from Trinidad, an island in the south Caribbean. The largest and final seizure came in late October at Port Everglades, where officials found 2,304 pounds of cocaine in a container of soap imported from Venezuela.

Authorities learned of all three cocaine shipments through court-authorized wiretaps on four of the suspects' home, office and cellular telephones, according to media reports.

As a convicted felon, Bermudez wouldn't be eligible to vote in Florida unless the governor and the Cabinet restore his rights.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505245_162-57492687/host-for-romn...

• Rodney 2012/08/14 21:40:51
    I'll defend Romney no matter what (my only choice)
    Rodney
    +25
    Those who live in glass houses.
    1. Former Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich: Sentenced to 14 years in prison for political corruption.

2. Tony Rezko: Sentenced to 10 and a half years for corruption and kickbacks.

3. Courtney Dupree: Democratic fundraiser convicted of bank fraud.

4. Willie Shepherd: Obama bundler plead guilty to assault.

5. John Corzine: Top Obama fundraiser currently under FBI investigation. Obama's "Wall Street guy."

6. Shervin Neman: Obama bundler currently under investigation for fraud.

7. Abake Assongba: Obama bundler under investigation for fraud.

8. Alberto and Carlos Cardona: Obama bundlers with ties to a Mexican fugitive accused of attempted assassinations.

9. Solyndra: First company to receive taxpayer backed loans from Obama. Solyndra's investors are Obama bundlers. The FBI raided Solyndra last September.

10. Bill Ayers: Unrepentant domestic terrorist. Early Obama backer. Fellow board-member of the Woods Foundation. 4th of July pal.

That's just the short list. We shouldn't forget his old school chum from Hawaii either, Robert Richard Titcomb.

• Crank_It_Up 2012/09/02 05:30:28
    Romney thought it was a good idea to court the convicted felon voting block
    Crank_It_Up
    +1
    hmm... how did i miss this on fox news, I'm sure they will run it after years of badgering obama about bill ayers, after all, they are "fair and balanced right"?

fox news fair and balanced
  • Geenie ... Crank_I... 2012/09/02 09:16:24
    Geenie Nabottle
    Come over and participate in my new poll. Please & Thank you!
  • hazel 2012/08/26 21:32:56
    hazel
    Mitt is teflon now so what ever garbage they throw will just slide off . MITT ROMNEY WILL BE OUR PRESIDENT COME NOVEMBER ELECTION
  • Geenie ... hazel 2012/08/26 21:43:09
  • hazel Geenie ... 2012/08/26 21:44:37
    hazel
    I WILL,...BETTER THAT THEN THE NIGHTMARE WE HAVE ALL BEEN LIVING IN WITH Obama
  • Crank_I... hazel 2012/09/02 05:32:10 (edited)
  • hazel Crank_I... 2012/09/02 05:37:46
    hazel
    when did you make this up??
  • Geenie ... hazel 2012/09/02 09:17:24
    Geenie Nabottle
    Come over & participate in my new poll. Please & Thank you!
  • Marty9957 2012/08/19 03:14:51
    Marty9957
    At least he wasn't there buying - but I'm sure Barry has the guy on his list of who to go to for purchasing.
  • akgold 2012/08/19 01:14:43 (edited)
    akgold
    +1
    Every single Obama function features an admitted cocaine user as the guest of honor. He did not admit to how he got the drugs at a time he had no visible means of support. Many in that situation sell drugs to enable their own use, or act as 'coke whores". It is reported he used both means to allow his use.

The host of Romney's event was convicted and served his time. He paid his debt to society and overcame his past. Sounds like a success story.
  • Burnjuan 2012/08/17 17:48:51
    This speaks volumes about his credibility
    Burnjuan
    +2
    The major drug companies are not much different than the ones on the street, they just have enough money to by politicians.
  • texasred 2012/08/17 04:24:27
    texasred
    Grow up. You're acting like a left wing nut job;
  • Geenie ... texasred 2012/09/02 09:17:42
  • texasred Geenie ... 2012/09/02 23:03:23
    texasred
    This doesn't change the fact that Obama has been, is and will continue to destroy this nation.
  • Geenie ... texasred 2012/09/03 03:02:31
    Geenie Nabottle
    Says the person who supported and patronized the movie of a person who REALLY SAYS AMERICA DESERVES TO BE DESTROYED!
  • texasred Geenie ... 2012/09/03 03:06:29
    texasred
  • Bilingual required sucks 2012/08/16 22:36:11 (edited)
    This says a lot about his ability to lead, based on how his campaign is being...
    Bilingual required sucks
    +1
    Is anyone really shocked?. Birds of a feather flock together.
  • Red 2012/08/16 08:02:19
  • texasred Red 2012/08/17 04:26:25
    texasred
    Nice, Red. I really like being called stupid and someone who needs treatment for mental health from a supposed Conservative. You're starting to sound like our wonderfully divisive President Obama.
  • Red texasred 2012/08/17 04:27:59
  • texasred Red 2012/08/17 04:31:12
    texasred
    Well, since I support Romney, it appears you were calling me, and others on here, stupid and needing mental health treatment. As far as I'm concerned, that's pretty divisive language to be using with Conservatives, whether you agree or not.
  • Red texasred 2012/08/17 04:38:01
  • texasred Red 2012/08/17 04:40:46
    texasred
    You have your beliefs and others have theirs. One thing you need to take into consideration is that Romney is 1000% better than Obama... and he can win. Dr. Paul cannot.
  • Red texasred 2012/08/17 04:42:28
  • texasred Red 2012/08/17 04:44:16
    texasred
    I did that way before now. I wasn't sure where you stood and if you were a plant. I now know you're not a plant. But I want you to know that was the only reason I unfriended you. I am friends with many Paul supporters.
  • Geenie ... texasred 2012/09/02 09:18:23
  • texasred Geenie ... 2012/09/02 23:03:45
    texasred
    Geenie... you're spamming.
  • Geenie ... texasred 2012/09/03 03:05:14
    Geenie Nabottle
    IT'S MY POLL!!

I can respond as many times as I want. I can even block you from participating if I want. But I'm not going to because despite our differences TX, I gotta soft spot for your brand of crazy.
  • texasred Geenie ... 2012/09/03 03:07:58
    texasred
    Sweetie...you can block me, but it won't change the fact that Obama is the biggest dickweed this nation has ever seen.
  • Geenie ... Red 2012/09/02 09:17:56
  • beavith1 2012/08/16 05:16:11
    beavith1
    +2
    compared to Obama who's a self described (illegal ) drug user?

cmon. get off it...
  • Tyrocker 2012/08/15 19:57:39
    Tyrocker
    HAS ANYONE HEARD OF FORGIVENESS??? Everyone should get an opportunity to change and redeem themselves.
  • jerry 2012/08/15 18:53:22
    jerry
    +2
    What radical wrote this? Look at the choice of answers. 4 choices all negative against Romney. Typical leftist attack and smear gutter politics. Let me get it straight now. Mitt gave his employees' wives cancer, hasn't paid taxes since he was 16, started WWII, shot Kennedy and created athlete's foot.

The venemous lies of the radical left are being disproved everytime, and the public is starting to see through O-bumma/ Red/ Pelghosty, and his Chicago-gangsta "civility".
  • SW 2012/08/15 18:44:50
    SW
    +1
    How come we're not hearing about this on every news station 24 hours a day like whenever Obama says "hi" to anyone with a questionable background?
  • cindy 2012/08/15 18:40:09
    cindy
    you leaving out Obama's radical connections, not to mention obama was an avid drug user of all things !!!!!!
  • intolerantrwj 2012/08/15 18:11:30
    intolerantrwj
    +2
    .... hhhmmm ..... double hhhhhhmmmmm ....

Barry bestows Amnesty/Citizenship on a couple million Non-Taxpaying Felons which will cost me personally and American Tax Payers as a whole and he's a good guy ..... Romney stops by a Juice Stand owned by a Taxpaying Felon who is costing neither me nor the Taxpayer and Romney's a bad guy

........... Jeepers Mr. Wilson, who'da seen that one comin' ?
  • kudabux 2012/08/15 17:50:58
    kudabux
    +2
    He should feel comfortable in the company of a felon. Birds of a feather...
  • texasred kudabux 2012/08/17 04:27:48
    texasred
    You've got to be kidding. I don't see him hanging around Obama and his minions. They're the most felonious bunch we've seen in a hell of a long time.
  • kudabux texasred 2012/08/17 13:10:20
    kudabux
    +1
    That's because you turned a blind eye and deaf ear to the previous rethug administrations' Reagan, Nixon, Bush I and II
  • texasred kudabux 2012/08/17 22:25:12
    texasred
    I'll agree with you when it comes to Nixon, but Obama is even worse than Nixon. If Holder and Reid weren't covering for him, his a$$ would be grass. Reagan doesn't belong in that list at all, but you libs hate him because he was a true patriot and did great things for this nation. Bush I and II were far from perfect, but even with their mistakes, they can't hold a candle to the corruption in this administration.

2014/11/24 21:42:40