Rave if you think Conservative Christianity on SodaHead is Hate Defined

Che Guevara - Hero 2012/07/15 04:50:03
YES, I think Conservative Christianity on SodaHead is Hate Defined
All of the Above
Rave if you think Conservative Christianity on SodaHead is Hate Defined.

Hatred (or hate) is a deep and emotional extreme dislike, directed against a certain object or class of objects. The objects of such hatred can vary widely, from inanimate objects to attitudes, animals, oneself or other people, entire groups of people, people in general, existence, or the whole world. Though not necessarily, hatred is often associated with feelings of anger and disposition towards hostility against the objects of hatred. Hatred can drive oneself to extreme actions. Actions upon people or oneself after a lingering thought are not uncommon. Hatred can result in extreme behavior including violence,murder,and war.

Read More: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hatred

• LindaM 2012/07/15 05:35:42
    All of the Above
    LindaM
    +23
    Oh my goodness, yes. Every political question is always sarcastic, hatefilled and biased, all directed at liberals. And they say they are Christians.. pfft...

• TeamEdwardJace 2013/08/13 07:26:13
    TeamEdwardJace
    +1
    Ok ther are Christians who disagree with homosexuality but will still treat ppl nicely and see same sex ibtercoueal just as bad as struagtht sex out of marriage and take on the view that gay haters sin themselves. The suggests are conservative but njce
  • Bibliophilic 2012/08/07 15:47:13
    All of the Above
    Bibliophilic
    +1
    Yes, conservative christians are often pretty hateful. Why do they hate gay people? For example. They have no good reason.
  • Jrogers 2012/07/20 03:24:43
    All of the Above
    Jrogers
    +4
    It makes me laugh to think they call themselves christian when they harbor so much hate for their fellow man
  • Jane Jrogers 2012/07/21 03:28:10
    Jane
    +4
    It has come to define christians in America.
  • DutchHeretic Native non-Ame... 2012/07/19 13:42:15
    All of the Above
    DutchHeretic Native non-American
    +3
    Not all christians are haters, but most haters are christians...
    Same as:
    Not all conservatives are racists, but most racists are conservatives..
    Not all conservatives are here to insult people, but most insults come from conservatives...
    Anyone has more ??
  • Ace 2012/07/18 10:36:17 (edited)
    All of the Above
    Ace
    +2
    And, I select 'All of the Below' as well. The fact that that answer isn't there doesn't bother me at all... I still select it. This is SH cyberworld, and I'll make up my own truths, thank you. Which leads me to the point that one should always believe people are just exactly who they say they are on blog sites, of course. I have run across quite a few of the types pointed out in the poll topic. Nasty buggers.
  • Ysggirb Ace 2012/07/19 02:57:55
    Ysggirb
    +2
    ‘All of the below’ …the risky, mysterious answer. One never knows what lies beneath the above. Well, unless one looks, but that’s cheating …bad form.
  • Ysggirb 2012/07/18 01:50:36
    All of the Above
    Ysggirb
    +2
    All of the above and none of the below.
    Hitchens' Razor: What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence ...or:
    hitchens razor
  • Ace Ysggirb 2012/07/18 09:05:31 (edited)
    Ace
    +1
    Chris notices that dogs are different than cats. I notice that I am different from them both. Btw, how does Chris know what these animals are thinking? Thumbcats! :)

I wonder. What would Chris have to say about the Murphy's Laws and it's MANY corollaries that seem to defy all sense. Hmm?? =) I might enjoy talking with him. I LIKE a sharp witted mind that also enjoys fairness and humour...

^.^)
  • Ysggirb Ace 2012/07/19 03:16:45
    Ysggirb
    +1
    In technical terms, Hitch was an absolute twat, but he was brilliant to a fault. I really do miss him. I appreciated his intelligence and the acceptance and dignity with which he dealt with his own mortality. Agree with him or not, he was a man of conviction. That conviction was tested by his illness. I don’t think there is any doubt he passed the test.
    He did make a comment specific to this poll’s point: “Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.” That’s my own firm belief. A man’s (or woman’s) morality (compassion, generosity, humanity, etc) comes from his character, not his religion. The belief that only religious people are of good character is completely false. I know this for a fact.

The guy who wrote this question makes an extremely valid observation. How many times have we seen Christians blatantly disregard the teachings of Jesus of Nazareth regarding humanity? They (many of them) don’t have the least desire to contribute to the health and wellbeing of others. That is in DIRECT contradiction to Jesus’ instructions. How does one worship a man (or god) when there is no respect for his thinking? That doesn’t seem possible.

The only thing I know about what Hitch might have said regarding Murphy’s law (or Sod’s law) is that he WOULD have ha...

The only thing I know about what Hitch might have said regarding Murphy’s law (or Sod’s law) is that he WOULD have had something to say. He was never without an opinion.

The dog/cat thing is an attitude issue, isn’t it? Look at the way a dog watches his ‘master’ (or even second in command …haha) with complete love and loyalty. If he’s trained well and treated with affection, he will NEVER question a ‘command’. Cats do seem to be different. Granted, I don’t have much experience, but I certainly feel like I’m playing the game according to their rules. Maybe that’s because I don’t understand them well. I am open to debate on this, as YOU are the subject matter expert.
  • Ace Ysggirb 2012/07/20 11:52:12
    Ace
    +2
    Not all Christians are Conservative Christians on SH. But, there are some VERY hateful people here who claim to be Godly, but that is a lie. And, one need not be claiming to be Christian to be a liar on SH either.

I think having something to say should be balanced with listening and processing new input and other ideas and perspectives as well. That does NOT necessarily mean changing or adjusting one's opinion, that would depend. The technical 'absolute twatt' part makes me think that Hitch excelled at opining, lol. Perhaps he wielded his brilliance in a way that pist off his interoculators who were not quite as brilliant? :)

I will get back to the dog/cat thing when my mind is running off of a restored energy pack, lol.
  • Ysggirb Ace 2012/07/22 05:08:07
  • Ace Ysggirb 2012/07/22 13:36:30 (edited)
    Ace
    +1
    Do you think that brilliance and wisdom are always both present in a person?

Edit: Briggsy, I was just thinking how far from SH these men were/are in their level of, and love of, intelligent thought and conversation. I just came from a hazl-hell poll, truly pitiful; deprived minds starved of decent thoughts. They feed them nothing but garbage; plugged in and logged on for hours every day stewing in filthy hateful thoughts and thinking. Briggsy, will you post the Hitchens video here? I didn't watch it before. And, I can't find it. I don't remember which one it was.
  • Ysggirb Ace 2012/07/23 20:29:56
    Ysggirb
    +1
    No, I don’t think one necessarily implies the other. Hitchens had two faults that kept his brilliance from transcending to wisdom: his arrogance and his intolerance (closely related). Doesn’t mean his ideas weren’t/aren’t worthy of consideration, but he did make it difficult for many to even get to the point of consideration. Part of wisdom has to be the admission that you could be wrong; that’s merely accepting the indisputable fact that none of us are infallible.

As Stephen Fry (who has both, in my opinion) stated, Hitch missed something: those things we gain by tolerance. There are beautiful nuances of humanity that are specifically tied to Christianity (whether one believes or not): the music, the architecture, the words in the Bible that ARE worthy of consideration and reverence. Why rob yourself (or anybody else) the acknowledgement and enjoyment of that. It goes back to painting the world in blacks and whites. If you’ve done so, you’ve undoubtedly missed something.

When we lose Fry (hopefully not for a VERY long time), I don’t want to be told. Here’s Fry’s bit of the debate on Catholicism. I believe that’s what I wanted you to watch.

• Ysggirb Ace 2012/07/25 10:57:38
    Ysggirb
    +1
    I forgot ...there's a Part 2:
  • Ace Ysggirb 2012/07/28 12:32:46 (edited)
    Ace
    +1
    Powerfully sincere. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
  • Ysggirb Ace 2012/07/28 12:56:08
    Ysggirb
    +1
    Glad you enjoyed that. He is a powerfully sincere man. His tolerance and compassion make him so.
  • Ace Ysggirb 2012/07/22 14:37:14
    Ace
    +1
    Aha... I would say that cats and dogs have natures, abilities, and limitations specific to their species that make them different from each other, as do we. Humans have different attitudes than either a cat OR a dog. And, love and loyalty is not necessarily present in a *person* either just because he never questions commands. So, one must consider the ways in which these animals SHOW or express their feelings, speaking in general, of course. You note that for a (NYC bagel loving) dog, it is in the way it 'LOOKS' at the subject of affection: "the way a dog watches his ‘master'"...or ...second in command,...aha. I would agree with that for cats and people as well :)

Also, I have seen a few cats watch their 'favorite' person with complete love and loyalty. But, a cat does not give that look to just anyone that treats it well necessarily. I think it's in the 'treated with affection' part. But we humans respond to that as well, don't we?

Okay, you've swayed me... or your honesty impels my own :) Cats ARE attitudinally gifted, ahaha.
  • Ysggirb Ace 2012/07/23 20:34:50
    Ysggirb
    +1
    I’ve got to admit it …I don’t mind the adoration; somebody’s got to take the job. I don’t care if it’s got paws. Love for the price of a bagel …come on, where else can you get that? I will say this about that, he’s not much good with a hammer and wood, or a bucket and brush for that matter, but he does remember to take me on walks. Credit where credit’s due.

Attitudinally gifted! HAHA!
  • Ace Ysggirb 2012/07/22 14:40:40
  • Ysggirb Ace 2012/07/23 20:31:37 (edited)
    Ysggirb
    +1
    There's a happy cat. In fact, there's a happy anything!

You know what? That was me today. HAHA
  • Ace Ysggirb 2012/07/25 12:11:59
    Ace
    +1
    Aha... were you orange?...lol. That's more likely to be me; carrots :| ...but, I DO love them =)

...I'll say beer in a can and salt and vinegar crisps. An achey body can use a good 'down time' relaxing :) ...surrounded by all the amenities within reach, of course ^.^\\
  • Ysggirb Ace 2012/07/26 04:30:48
    Ysggirb
    +1
    I think it's more the attitude I was getting at ...I recognise the look on the face. It wasn't aided by beer; that was the muscle relaxants. Yep ...that's the look. I wore it with pride. HAHA
  • Chris- Demon of the PHAET 2012/07/17 11:43:33
    Chris- Demon of the PHAET
    +2
    Unfortunately it seems the majority of Conservative Christians everywhere spend a lot of time condemning others.
  • A Lionheart 2012/07/17 06:01:22
    A Lionheart
    +4
    I think conservative christianity is hate defined whether it is on SH or not.
  • Singerar 2012/07/17 03:54:32
    Singerar
    +2
    Horrible!!! I was just on a blog where everything anyone said was a video taken out of context with an edited video of Obama. It was completely out of context and the Conservatives were rabid. Read....

• babibumer 2012/07/17 01:09:20
    All of the Above
    babibumer
    +2
    "Conservative" Christians are hate-filled everywhere - not just SodaHead.
  • Dogman 2012/07/16 23:16:33
    All of the Above
    Dogman
    +4
    All Conservative Christianity is based in hate.
  • HL 2012/07/16 19:52:14 (edited)
    All of the Above
    HL
    +5
    I think Conservative Christianity on SodaHead is Hate Defined!
    Right Wing Haters Right Wing Haters
  • Roger 2012/07/16 16:31:26
    All of the Above
    Roger
    +4
    That fact you would ask that shows you are hatefilled
  • LOU Roger 2012/07/17 00:05:48
    LOU
    +2
    Have you looked at your Icon or the hundreds of posts?
  • Roger LOU 2012/07/17 02:24:38
    Roger
    +1
    Lol does the truth induse hate? My icon says nothing other than save my country from that communist idiot. I say idiot because listen to him he says and I quote " If you started a company, you did not do that some one else did " You really what someone like that as your leader?
  • LOU Roger 2012/07/17 02:27:49
    LOU
    +3
    Looks like hate, smells like hate, feels like hate. It must be hate.
  • Singerar Roger 2012/07/17 04:06:00
    Singerar
    +2
    That's hate....
  • Roger Singerar 2012/07/19 13:39:53
    Roger
    Do you even know what hate means?
  • Singerar Roger 2012/07/20 17:27:08
    Singerar
  • Roger Singerar 2012/07/21 02:21:30
    Roger
    +1
    please tell me your definition
  • Singerar Roger 2012/07/21 02:30:46
    Singerar
    An intense dislike of something.
    You have a Communist symbol on your avatar above Obamas name. I'm going to say that has to do with hate.
  • Roger Singerar 2012/07/21 05:23:43
    Roger
    +1
    No hate is the wanting to destroy and extreminate something,my pic shows I dislike obama but I do not hate him in fact this question is idiotic because if you are a true christian you don't hate anyone because in the bible it tells you not to. I do not hate obama I would like to see him gone and never come back but I do not wish to kill him.
  • Singerar Roger 2012/07/22 02:19:52
    Singerar
    My definition also covers Hate. Yours is extreme.

2014/10/24 12:57:20