RATIO OF CEO PAY TO AVERAGE WORKER

CuppaT Child of God 2012/06/26 14:24:03
Related Topics: Facebook, Photo, CEO

• charles_1 2012/06/26 19:56:34
  • voice_matters 2012/06/26 15:31:58
    voice_matters
    and your point is?
  • Morning... voice_m... 2012/06/26 15:39:46
    Morningstar
    +1
    Nothing is obvious to the uninformed!
  • voice_m... Morning... 2012/06/26 16:31:09
    voice_matters
    why is it libs can never answer simple questions?
  • Savious 2012/06/26 15:15:36
    Savious
    +1
    Yea, this is one of my complaints with our Yea, this is one of my major complaints with our corporations; although I really don’t know a good solution to it. Anything past a 20:1 ratio, in my opinion, is a bit extreme.

Another thing that I found to be odd, when I speak with those who are in positions who make a more than comfortable income; is how low of a wage they consider middle class. I’ve often asked them, what makes a person middle class, in possessions, and then have to point out, that at the figure they quoted, the person would have to double their income to be middle class.

And…

This is also why I am against the “undocumented workers”. I hear the phrase, “they do jobs Americans won’t.” which I call BS on, they do jobs American’s won’t for minimum wage or less. Americans will be happy to do many of those jobs, if you paid them a decent salary; and yes, many business owners would pass on the cost; but some would say, .. “Umm, maybe I don’t need to make 300:1, maybe 250:1 would be enough.” Thereby lowering his product cost, and increasing his sales, which in turn would force the others to lower their costs as well.
  • Morningstar 2012/06/26 15:00:45
    Morningstar
    So why do so many americans not support obama on tax reform???
  • Savious Morning... 2012/06/26 15:22:25
    Savious
    I can’t speak for all, but for me I see it as an unworkable, unattainable thing. Tax them more, go ahead, raise the taxes up to 80%; all they will do is hide their income with other things, like stock options and such.

Several years ago, I knew, and was fairly good friends with a man who owned his own business. His salary, 50K a year. So, he really didn’t pay much in taxes; but, as the CEO of his company, the company provided the CEO with a 3,500 sq foot house to live in, 2 cars to drive, a sailboat (how I knew him, since his boat was docked next to mine), and a 24K per year expense account. Once you factor all that in, he was living a rather comfy lifestyle, and really had no expenses. His house, insurance, utilities, cars, and boat were all paid for by the company; he had 2K per month to just blow on whatever he wanted, and made a little over 4K on top of that. Basically, he had 6K per month spending cash.
  • Morning... Savious 2012/06/26 15:44:20
    Morningstar
    +1
    He's not alone of course but one step that could be taken would be to examine the "loopholes" and close them - this is what Obama purposes and the repubs don't want - they cling to the trickle down theory that if companies make lots of money we'll all make money..
  • Savious Morning... 2012/06/26 16:13:55
    Savious
    You can never close all the loopholes; no matter what, they will find a way.

A consumption based tax would catch them better, because then it doesn't matter who makes what, who ever spends the most, gets taxed the most.
  • JanHopkins 2012/06/26 14:32:10
    JanHopkins
    +1
    Woah! 475:1? That's a lot of moolah.
  • Rusty Shackleford 2012/06/26 14:30:33
    Rusty Shackleford
    I see no problem with this.
  • Morning... Rusty S... 2012/06/26 15:44:43
    Morningstar
    +1
    then you are nuts rusty!
  • Rusty S... Morning... 2012/06/26 17:12:12
    Rusty Shackleford
    Why? What difference does it make to me?

2014/12/22 00:42:38