Rasmussen Poll Shows Romney in Two Percent Lead: Could Obama Lose the Popular Vote and Win the Election?

Daryl 2012/09/17 20:00:00
RASMUSSENREPORTS.COM reports:
The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Monday shows Mitt Romney attracting support from 47% of voters nationwide, while President Obama earns 45% of the vote. Four percent (4%) prefer some other candidate, and four percent (4%) are undecided.
rasmussenreports reports rasmussen reports polls spot

Read More: http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/pol...

• dheydrick 2012/09/17 22:47:27
    dheydrick
    +13
    This November is going to be a LANDSLIDE in Mitt Romney's favor.

I guarantee it. The future of America is counting on it.

• Dave Dale Wi... 2012/10/06 03:53:13
    Dave
    And what do you think the Ryan administration would be like? You think that going back to the Reaganomics that got us here is a brilliant idea? You think having president that believes that "Corporations are people too, my friend!" is acceptable? A president that thinks 47% of the population are a bunch of lazy, welfare recipients? Come on - quit being stupid.
  • t.eliot, topbard 2012/09/18 19:55:14
    t.eliot, topbard
    More likely the other way around.
  • santa6642 2012/09/18 19:19:21
    santa6642
    people I hope are waking up to that empty suit.
  • belle 2012/09/18 19:14:57
    belle
    +2
    it is time the polls start stating the truth by polling not just Obama supporters.

Go Romney, I will cast my vote for you in early voting,
  • DANTE d... belle 2012/09/18 21:01:47
    DANTE da DESTROYER
    +1
    Please investigate into who this guy is before voting for him.
    Ex. Any one that promotes church and state together, goes against what America fundamentally is.
  • belle DANTE d... 2012/09/19 02:18:33
    belle
    +3
    I suggest you do the same thing and then look around at what he had done already and plans to do to America,
  • HappyGuy DANTE d... 2012/09/19 11:52:19
    HappyGuy
    That's why Obama is no good for America !! Time to move on to better President !! Obama had his chance and he F$Cked us up !!
  • DANTE d... HappyGuy 2012/09/19 16:20:30 (edited)
    DANTE da DESTROYER
    +2
    Did we forget who was president before? That caused the mess Obama is still cleaning up and that many American's will suffer for decades. When he is re-elected, the next 4yrs will define his presidency... Trust me he is your much lesser evil! Watching the Republican convention you'd think the party just started 3 1/2 yrs ago.... seems like they forgot too.. lol
    http://www.thecomedynetwork.c...
  • onna DANTE d... 2012/09/20 13:54:22
    onna
    If Obama wins look who he is going to have to blame for the last four yrs.
  • kid cle... DANTE d... 2012/09/27 00:56:27
    kid cleveland
    I have looked stopped about fifty years back still not sure which one started it.I still haven't seen which one really wants to stop it . I only hope they will get the message if we keep changing them an congress ti they do.
  • DANTE d... kid cle... 2012/09/28 00:39:22 (edited)
    DANTE da DESTROYER
    Woodrow Wilson and Federal Reseve Act 1913, and putting the control of the US currency (supply and interest) to the power of the few. Then furthered by the abolishment of the gold standard in 1933, prior to this the US 1 dollar bill stated "worth value in gold" then said "legal tender" backed by nothing... this was only the begging... It's good to keep talking about this!
  • kid cle... DANTE d... 2012/10/03 17:11:55
    kid cleveland
    That is true; are you sure it was the start
  • DANTE d... kid cle... 2012/10/03 22:03:28 (edited)
    DANTE da DESTROYER
    Well in the US that was where the issues and what we see today started... They and by they I mean the bankers, had tried to infiltrate American finical system before that too, with some isolated events near the end of the 1800's. But the financial crises in 1909 was the first time they had a real impact. Which was the reason for the reserve act....
    But where international banking cartels originated... is tough because history is written by the victors... them.
    I think JFK was going to tell the world about this as he eluded to in his address to the nation only a few months before he was assassinated.
    But from I can see the original bankers where the Templars... which a lot of the current banking cartel families have Templar symbols in their family crests. So far I haven't found anything to disprove that they are templars, in fact the more research I do the more evidence I find to support my theory.
    According to mainstream history the Templars where disbanded or disappeared shortly after Oct. 13 1309. But the estimated membership to how many where arrested was minor, almost insignificant, so its hard to believe they just disappear or disband. However little pieces of evidence pop up here and there in europe after that. Spain they become the Knights of Christ, Scotland seemed to a sa...
    According to mainstream history the Templars where disbanded or disappeared shortly after Oct. 13 1309. But the estimated membership to how many where arrested was minor, almost insignificant, so its hard to believe they just disappear or disband. However little pieces of evidence pop up here and there in europe after that. Spain they become the Knights of Christ, Scotland seemed to a safe haven, Bravia Germany has court documents about trials. One guy in particular was on trial and had over a dozen fellow knights stand in the court room fully armoured, found "not guilty" lol. And even suspect in North America in the late 1300's... Oak Island Nova Scotia or the Kensington Rune-stone that has Templar characters and other ruins along the east coast US with similar engraving (the hooked 'X') and modern architecture. By modern I mean present-day the astrological accuracy and precision that they built their structures is amazing and is even fairly advanced for todays technology.
  • kid cle... DANTE d... 2012/10/09 05:42:14
    kid cleveland
    +1
    I agree JFK was up to something with his issuing The United States Note. It sure went away fast after he was killed.
  • DANTE d... kid cle... 2012/10/09 22:14:14
    DANTE da DESTROYER
    He knew something... He was gonna tell "us" the general public something... and was killed before he could.
    I think politicians like Dr. Ron Paul know about it too and are trying to tell us without directly telling us, so they don't get shot too.
  • Centaur 2012/09/18 18:34:37
  • Manster 2012/09/18 18:18:09
    Manster
    +2
    Have we forgot about the 2000 election already?
  • kid cleveland 2012/09/18 18:15:29
    kid cleveland
    +1
    I would not be the first time that happened will not be the last
  • LeroyRogers 2012/09/18 17:58:27
    LeroyRogers
    With ACORN and voter fraud, anything is possible.
  • Dickens 2012/09/18 17:25:46
    Dickens
    ..no, the republican supreme court would declare the republican candidate the winner in any circumstance as we found out in 2000, when the peoples' choice was completely ignored, we got stuck with bush, and the collapse of America was assured..(and that's exactly what happened with the collapse of the housing market and the economy generally at the end of 2008...I think Skull and Bones has a sworn duty to destroy America..)
  • polkastria 2012/09/18 17:17:53
    polkastria
    +2
    It's happened 4 times before this and will happen again...

http://www.factcheck.org/2008...
  • bpf 2012/09/18 17:12:10 (edited)
    bpf
    +1
    If this community organizer low-life wins the election, then all America will lose and the Republic "WILL" be no more!! Obama's real agenda is to destroy the Nation and to make America kneel to the U.N. and the George Soros's of the world. I can see that America maybe heading to another civil war or revolution to regain what we will be losing!
  • L1 2012/09/18 16:53:53
    L1
    It's very possible....
  • scottcleaves 2012/09/18 16:48:13
    scottcleaves
    +4
    The President is not going to lose the popular vote, nor will he lose in the Electoral College. Why? Mitt's big mouth is going to cause a complete self-implosion. His campaign is now reeling. Thanks, Mitt!
  • polkastria scottcl... 2012/09/18 17:19:23
    polkastria
    Agreed, but it can and does happen.
  • biggerman 2012/09/18 16:34:04
    biggerman
    +1
    Polls smolls - we are still nearly 50 days away from the election - that is an eternity. No debates have taken place - either candidate could get a tremendous advantage. Polsters are biased - at this juncture, they mean very little and the voter reads into them what they want to see.
  • lark 2012/09/18 16:33:10
    lark
    +2
    The Cities hold the keys & the working class tax payers will be stomped on again. It is a war of workers & give me's. I do hope I am wrong & the workers in the cities get out & vote to put Socialism down.
  • Babychae 2012/09/18 16:31:25
    Babychae
    +1
    Rommney nor Obama are worth squat in my book!
  • Turn the Tide 2012/09/18 16:11:26
    Turn the Tide
    +2
    President B.O. is basically, a Muslim Marxist Socialist wearing a Christian Capitalist American Mask.

In reference to what Churches call the anti-Christ, a good American example today would be President B.O., who seems to be the anti-Christ of America (the opposite of Capitalism, American values and the American way), and is backed by 80% of all media which is Liberal (Socialists).

Let's face it... Most Politicians and Con Men like to tell people what they want to hear no matter what the cost to voters and their Country, or to their victims, respectively.
    Business people are more to the point, cut the cr*p and get things done, like Romney for example.

IF YOU WANT 4 MORE YEARS OF CR*P AND A DEFICIT OF $30 TRILLION OR MORE BY THE END OF 2016 RUINING THE CHANCE FOR YOUNGER GENERATIONS OF AMERICANS TO MAKE A DECENT LIVING AND BUST THE LIFE SAVINGS OF THE ELDERLY AT A RAPID RATE WITH 0% SAVINGS RATE IN THE BANK? THEN VOTE FOR THE MARXIST PIED PIPER (PRESIDENT B.O.) AND MOST OF THE REMAINING WEALTH THAT KEEPS THE USA RUNNING WILL DEPLETE OR MOVE OUT OF THE USA LEAVING IT TO BECOME A SOCIALIST WELFARE STATE.
  • C:\DOS> 2012/09/18 15:53:16 (edited)
    C:\DOS>
    +4
    First, of course it's possible to lose the popular vote and win the election.

Second, I really wish people would learn to read polls. Romney's alleged 2% lead is well within the poll's margin of error (3%), which means the true results could be anywhere from Romney 5% to Obama 1%.
  • Kaleoku... C:\DOS> 2012/10/06 04:05:58 (edited)
    Kaleokualoha
    The Sodaheadline is WRONG! As of October 5, Rasmussen shows Obama AHEAD 49% to Romney's 47%:

[QUOTE]
    Friday, October 05, 2012

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Friday shows President Obama attracting support from 49% of voters nationwide, while Mitt Romney earns the vote from 47%. One percent (1%) prefers some other candidate, and three percent (3%) are undecided. See daily tracking history.
    [END QUOTE http://www.rasmussenreports.c... ]

Such misleading information is par for the course in the Conservative Disinformation Network!

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Moynihan
  • C:\DOS> Kaleoku... 2012/10/08 15:39:11
    C:\DOS>
    Which brings up a truth about debates : winners are usually entitled to a three-day bump in the polls, hardly ever more.
  • Kaleoku... C:\DOS> 2012/10/08 16:11:39
    Kaleokualoha
    Indeed! NOTE: Although the OP's link shows Obama with the 49%-47% lead on October 5, third party sources ( http://www.examiner.com/artic... ) indicate that Romney DID, in fact, hold a 2% lead on September 17, the date of the original post. Although that lead had since evaporated. the original post WAS accurate on that date. As a result, I apologized and my criticism is retracted.

"The first duty of a man is the seeking after and the investigation of truth." - Cicero (106 BC - 43 BC)
  • HappyGuy 2012/09/18 15:48:12
    HappyGuy
    Of course but would be a dirty shame !!
  • Lerro DeHazel 2012/09/18 15:47:08
    Lerro DeHazel
    The "thing about" the Popularity Vote is what do the Independents say? . . . Yes, it's possible to swing from one side to the other in large numbers, without toppling the Left or the Right. This is what happened in the Nixon/Kennedy Election. The Kennedy-backers complained that Nixon won the Popularity Vote; and for that they Demanded a Re-Count. Well, the Re-count proved that Nixon DID WIN the Popularity Contest, so to speak. Oh boy! They shut up! They really, really shut-up!!
  • George Zook 2012/09/18 15:41:49
    George Zook
    +2
    like bush?
  • mac9 2012/09/18 15:33:19
    mac9
    People can't repeat the stupidity so he would achieve more electoral votes....CAN THEY?
  • Groundskeeper Willy 2012/09/18 15:20:58
    Groundskeeper Willy
    I hope he loses the election.. Not just part of if. In my 55 yrs of life he has been the worst thing we've had, worse than Carter, or Johnson and Nixon.

My guess when history has a chance to see things in hindsight in about 50 or 100 yrs, he will take the title of being the worst in history..

He is an amateur at best, with delusional academic notions of how to make things better. He never should have left academia.
  • C:\DOS> Grounds... 2012/09/18 16:05:10
    C:\DOS>
    +2
    You and I are about the same age. However, unlike you, I remember the previous White House occupant. Worst president ever? Obama doesn't even make second string. Dubya's headed for the Hall of Fame.
  • Grounds... C:\DOS> 2012/09/18 19:05:42
    Groundskeeper Willy
    Guess it depends on what you think about government. I was not a big supporter of the Rinos. W included, but i'd take him any day of the week over Obozo.

2014/04/21 07:17:30