Rasmussen Poll Shows Romney in Two Percent Lead: Could Obama Lose the Popular Vote and Win the Election?

Daryl 2012/09/17 20:00:00
RASMUSSENREPORTS.COM reports:
The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Monday shows Mitt Romney attracting support from 47% of voters nationwide, while President Obama earns 45% of the vote. Four percent (4%) prefer some other candidate, and four percent (4%) are undecided.
rasmussenreports reports rasmussen reports polls spot

Read More: http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/pol...

• dheydrick 2012/09/17 22:47:27
    dheydrick
    +13
    This November is going to be a LANDSLIDE in Mitt Romney's favor.

I guarantee it. The future of America is counting on it.

• Vipor_GG 2012/10/07 14:45:47
    Vipor_GG
    It is always possible to get elected president without a majority of the popular vote. Fifteen presidents have been elected without winning the popular vote, three of them twice. John Q. Adams actually got elected without a majority of the popular (29.8%) or electoral (31.8%) vote.
  • Carrie Vipor_GG 2012/10/07 18:01:46
    Carrie
    +1
    Gore lost to Bush and had the popular vote also.
  • Vipor_GG Carrie 2012/10/07 19:14:25
    Vipor_GG
    G.W. Bush is one of the fifteen I mentioned.
  • engineer 2012/10/06 17:14:10
    engineer
    +1
    Rasmussen is one of the most bias polls I've seen, like Bob Livingston or NewsMax. If they are saying Romney is leading by 2 points, inreality, Obama has a landslide!!!
  • Carrie engineer 2012/10/07 18:02:55
    Carrie
    The Rasmussen poll get's it right the majority of the time. Are they right leaning? Yes they are but most of the other's lean to the left.
  • Seriously Folks 2012/10/06 16:21:01
    Seriously Folks
    +1
    The only thing wrong with the Question is that Romney will not win the Popular Vote. I want him to enjoy his Bounce from the Debate. He did what he had to do and that was NOT LOOK AS INEPT as his supporters were seeing. They already WENT ALONG with his total Mangling of the Truth about anything.

Whether they like it or not, Newt, Perry, and Santorum were the REAL TRUTH TELLERS on Mr. "Severe Conservative" Romney.

By the way, he still looks Fake and Phony in his Delivery. He acts like a child with Aspergers to me. I only hope the voters see what a DISASTER he would be for this Country and those like him whose GREED and Reckless Regard for the Country and the PEOPLE that made them Wealthy has gotten us.

This last statement was not intended for those who really cannot see Mr. Romney for the "Height of the Trees" and low information voters. Just the 47% of FreeLoaders and Entitlement Folks!.
  • Carrie Serious... 2012/10/07 18:04:43
    Carrie
    If Jesus was running in this campaign he would lose to liberals. They don't seem to like truth.
  • Serious... Carrie 2012/10/08 02:13:01
    Seriously Folks
    It appears NEITHER DO YOU. Vote for Mr. Romney. Not trying to stand in your way or persuade you in any way. The comment was for those who really take a good look at things.
  • Carrie Serious... 2012/10/08 16:39:37
    Carrie
    I take a very good look at things and more than most. I read newspapers, internet news, cable news, local news so don't tell me I don't take a good look at things. Perhaps you are the one that needs to take a closer look.
  • Falcon Carrie 2012/10/08 19:10:46
    Falcon
    +1
    Since Jesus himself was liberal, he would be elected by liberals much to the chagrin of today's conservatives.
  • HillaryLover 2012/10/06 08:25:37
    HillaryLover
    +1
    Yeah, Bush in 2000. Obama in the 2008 primaries against Hillary Clinton. But it is more likely to happen the other way around. Obama/Biden will win the popular votes, but Romney/Ryan will squeak to victory in FL, OH, VA, WI, CO, NV, IA, and win the eletoral votes. Remember, you didn't hear that here.
  • Dave 2012/10/06 03:41:39
    Dave
    +2
    There is no way Obama will lose. If he loses, there is no hope for this country with a Ryan Administration. I only wish that there was another two or three parties that were allowed to debate.
  • Carrie Dave 2012/10/08 16:42:59
    Carrie
    Any plan is better than the one's Valerie Jarett put's out. Just remember, she's Iranian and we don't need them running this country. She's the one running the White House and NOT Obama. He has absolutely no idea what he's doing. He's a puppet for the liberal party and takes his political viewpoints from Saul Alinsky playbook.
  • Dave Carrie 2012/10/09 04:37:36
    Dave
    What are you talking about? lol Come on! That is Right Wingnut lunacy. All I ask is that you turn off Right Wingnut media for a month and regain your senses.
  • Carrie Dave 2012/10/10 01:31:41
    Carrie
    I get most of my news on the internet and I grant you it can get looney but it's well known that Valerie Jarrett runs the WH. No one can even see Obama without going through her first. If you get a chance look it up. You will be surprised. As far as wingnuts go, there is none worse than MSNBC and all other news stations except Fox lean to the left.
  • Tarheel 2012/10/06 03:39:00
    Tarheel
    Bush did.
  • seattleman 2012/10/06 03:27:28
    seattleman
    +3
    That could happen. The outcome depends on about three states - Ohio, Florida, and Pennsylvania. I believe that President Obama will win the election by winning the battleground states.
  • Alfred Castle 2012/10/06 02:20:05
    Alfred Castle
    +1
    I think polls tell us what the pollsters want us to hear: What will make the difference for Obama is the people who will actually be voting. I answered "no" because it is generally not the case, but pay close attention to the swing states this time round and don't let some media chump tell you who won before all the votes are actually counted!
  • flrdsgns 2012/10/06 02:07:35
    flrdsgns
    +2
    Sure, it happened in 2000 when Bush was elected.
  • Kaleokualoha 2012/10/06 02:03:26 (edited)
    Kaleokualoha
    +9
    Sorry, but YOUR link does NOT show Romney with 47% and Obama with 45%. On the contrary, it shows Romney with 47% and Obama with 49%! FYI: 49% is greater than 47%!

[QUOTE]

Friday, October 05, 2012
    The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Friday shows President Obama attracting support from 49% of voters nationwide, while Mitt Romney earns the vote from 47%. One percent (1%) prefers some other candidate, and three percent (3%) are undecided. See daily tracking history.

[END QUOTE http://www.rasmussenreports.c... ]

EDIT: Although the OP's link shows Obama with the 49%-47% lead on October 5, third party sources ( http://www.examiner.com/artic... ) indicate that Romney DID, in fact, hold a 2% lead on September 17, the date of the original post. Although that lead had since evaporated. the original post WAS accurate on that date. As a result, I apologize and my criticism is retracted.

"The first duty of a man is the seeking after and the investigation of truth." - Cicero (106 BC - 43 BC)
  • Tarheel Kaleoku... 2012/10/06 03:40:06
    Tarheel
    +2
    Well you know, it's biased math. lol
  • Dave Kaleoku... 2012/10/06 03:43:39
    Dave
    +1
    Welll--well-welll - then they are lying! That poll must be made up.
  • Kaleoku... Dave 2012/10/06 03:56:52 (edited)
    Kaleokualoha
    +4
    It's difficult to tell if the false Sodaheadline was an innocent mistake or intentional. The original poster's response may reveal the truth.

EDIT: Although the OP's link shows Obama with the 49%-47% lead on October 5, third party sources ( http://www.examiner.com/artic... ) indicate that Romney DID, in fact, hold a 2% lead on September 17, the date of the original post. Although that lead had since evaporated. the original post WAS accurate on that date. As a result, I apologized and my criticism is retracted.

• Cyan9 2012/09/22 00:21:19
    Cyan9
    +1
    It's unlikely but plausible. Only the electoral college counts.
  • ikeknight Cyan9 2012/10/06 02:09:00
    ikeknight
    It's happened a few times before so it's more than unlikely.
  • james.bowman.146 2012/09/21 03:48:33
    james.bowman.146
    It's very possible.
  • SmittenKitten 2012/09/20 23:30:03
  • onna 2012/09/20 13:49:07
    onna
    +1
    Electoral college is not good.
  • MQ-American Values Again (AVA) 2012/09/20 02:18:49
    MQ-American Values Again (AVA)
    +1
    Romney is going to expose Obama for the inept president he is during the upcoming debates ... no more Mr Nice Guy ... our lives literally depend on it! For Gods sakes people.. what more do you need ... on top of a continuing stressed economy with high unemployment/underemployed rates, turning his back on our allies.. namely Israel ... 4 of our citizens.. citizens who worked directly for this administration no less.... were left unprotected in our embassy on 911 of all days ... left at the mercy of terrorists who raped, murdered and dragged him through the streets, while our stupid azz commander in chief is so flucking inept he doesn't even attend regular meetings regarding our countries safety .. yet he can go on Letterman, golf, vacation and spend time with his damned hollywood friends! I'm flucking sick of it I tell you.. and I'm gonna fight like hell to expose this fraud in Chief!
    obama dumb
  • Kern MQ-Amer... 2012/10/06 03:17:58
    Kern
    +2
    Gulp, gulp ....the Koolaid goes down easy doesn't it.
  • MQ-Amer... Kern 2012/10/06 04:46:44
    MQ-American Values Again (AVA)
    +2
    I wouldn't know... that's reserved for the libs... but Romney did exactly what I said he would do.. didn't he now? He cleaned Obama's clock! LOL
    drinking the koolaid gifs
  • Kern MQ-Amer... 2012/10/06 06:45:58 (edited)
    Kern
    +1
    Only in the world of the the Republicans could someone win a debate by lying. Romney said he wan't lowering taxes on the wealthy but his site says he's cutting taxes by 20% across the board. You're just being silly.
  • MQ-Amer... Kern 2012/10/06 08:01:31
    MQ-American Values Again (AVA)
    +2
    Clearly you don't understand economics any better than Obama....
  • ☆The Ro... MQ-Amer... 2012/10/06 08:50:39
  • MQ-Amer... ☆The Ro... 2012/10/07 03:21:37
    MQ-American Values Again (AVA)
    +1
    Just as I thought .. maybe we should send one to him .. and Obama... lol
    economics for dummies
  • Kern MQ-Amer... 2012/10/07 04:51:53 (edited)
    Kern
    +1
    I get it. If you lower taxes, especially on the wealthy, jobs magically appear. See, what happens is the "job creators" hire people because they have more money. Take for example, someone like Willard. He hasn't held a real job since he was governor. If we lower taxes on people like Willard he will create a lot of jobs, just like this study from Bloomberg points out.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news...

In magic land, employers don't hire more workers when demand goes up, they hire them when rich people get a tax cut. Romney believes that when he cuts taxes by 20% across the board, but not for rich people, and starts increasing our national debt, the economy will magically pick up. That shoe factory down the road will hire 50 more people to make thousands more shoes each month that will magically get bought up the rich people who have more money from his tax cuts.

Don't worry about that $5 trillion dollar hole in the budget behind the curtain, that will get picked up the economy that will some how start running in over drive. In Republican fantasy land, there is no supply and demand, just supply. If you make it, people will buy it whether they have money or not.
  • Falcon Kern 2012/10/08 19:16:11
  • Tarheel MQ-Amer... 2012/10/06 03:41:28
    Tarheel
    +1
    "No more Mr. Nice Guy?" What in the heck is your definition of a nice guy?
  • MQ-Amer... Tarheel 2012/10/06 04:47:34
    MQ-American Values Again (AVA)
    +2
    What is yours?
    monkey laugh gifs
  • Tarheel MQ-Amer... 2012/10/06 04:50:58
    Tarheel
    Yes, I think Obama is nicer than Robme.

2014/11/23 04:14:39