Rasmussen, generally regarded as the most accurate poll, says Romney's slight lead over Obama has now widened to 7%. Do you think the almost one billion dollars Obama has in his campaign war chest will be enough to buy the election?

tncdel 2012/05/12 13:15:58
See:
http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/Romney-Rasmussen-poll-half/20...

Hollywood, Wall St., Soros and many other large donors. Plus Obama has been asking for donations by emails from anyone who messaged him the last couple years.

• mrdog 2012/05/12 14:01:25
    NO, I don't think he has enough money to buy the election [tell us why you th...
    mrdog
    +6
    Voters will correct their 2008 mistake...regardless of what the polls will say between now and November....bark

• StephenR 2012/10/15 17:10:37
    StephenR
    Here are the actual election margins from the battleground states in 2008, along with Rasmussen's poll margins:

Colorado – actual: Obama +8.5, Rasmussen: Obama +4 (skewed McCain by 4.5 points)
    Florida – actual: Obama +2.5, Rasmussen: McCain +1 (skewed McCain by 3.5 points)
    Indiana – actual: Obama +1, Rasmussen: McCain +3 (skewed McCain by 4 points)
    Iowa – actual: Obama +9.5, Rasmussen: Obama +8 (skewed McCain by 1.5 points)
    Nevada – actual: Obama +12.5, Rasmussen: Obama +4 (skewed McCain by 8.5 points)
    New Hampshire – actual: Obama +9.5, Rasmussen: Obama +7 (skewed McCain by 2.5 points)
    North Carolina – actual: Obama +0.5, Rasmussen: McCain +1 (skewed McCain by 1.5 points)
    Ohio – actual: Obama +4, Rasmussen: tie (skewed McCain by 4 points)
    Pennsylvania – actual: Obama +10.5, Rasmussen: Obama +6 (skewed McCain by 4.5 points)
    Virginia – actual: Obama +6.5, Rasmussen: Obama +4 (skewed McCain by 2.5 points)
    Wisconsin – actual: Obama +14, Rasmussen: Obama +7 (skewed McCain by 7 points)

So, the average skew for Rasmussen's polls in the battleground states in 2008 was 4 points toward the Republican candidate, and they skewed toward the Republican in EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THOSE POLLS (an undeniable sign of bias). Furthermore, in the 2010 midterm elections, Rasmussen's polls were ske...

So, the average skew for Rasmussen's polls in the battleground states in 2008 was 4 points toward the Republican candidate, and they skewed toward the Republican in EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THOSE POLLS (an undeniable sign of bias). Furthermore, in the 2010 midterm elections, Rasmussen's polls were skewed almost 6 points toward Republican candidates, making their organization less accurate and more biased than virtually all of their competitors.

Rasmussen was only truly accurate in ONE POLL in recent years, which was the national popular vote poll in 2008, but they were no more accurate than any one of the top pollsters in that regard.

So the notion that Rasmussen is considered "most accurate" is downright ridiculous. No one who has looked at the actual numbers in their state polling would suggest something so absurd. They are in fact one of the least accurate, and they display more bias than any other major pollster.
  • Bret 2012/08/10 08:20:49
    YES, I think Obama has enough money to buy the election [comment as you wish].
    Bret
    Yes, I do believe that Obama has the access to funds by which to slander and libel Romney. And therefore deceive and/or distract the weak-minded voters from realizing the real issues that.endanger our country. Examples: high unemployment, a national debt increasing at a hyper drive speed and the reality that Obama is railroading America into a Marxist-socialist state that he envisions for his 'New America' aka Obamanation. While I do believe Rasmussen polls to be the most accurate, how can any poll fathom the voter fraud the leftist anarchist's will use to steal an election? Remember ACORN in 2008?
  • Ozzie 2012/07/31 01:01:36
    Ozzie
    Don't think so...Romney has collect a lot more these last two months. Obama has lost the Jewish donor and small to middle business owners.
  • micha77 2012/05/14 20:03:20
    micha77
    The most accurate polls are the ones that poll "likely voters" not registered voters. Obama is fighting an uphill battle now, and it is unlikely that pouring more money into a campaign will make a difference. The independents and undecideds will go for Romney, who will likely win by 5 to 7 points.
  • Falcon 2012/05/14 12:03:20
    Falcon
    +1
    Rasmussen is not regarded as the most accurate by any thinking person. Zogby is consistently the most accurate. Obama will not need to buy it... he'll win it!!!
  • danny.v... Falcon 2012/07/12 02:32:06
    danny.vice.10
    +2
    Wrong! In 2008 and 2010 Rasmussen was the most accurate poll, calling the 2008 election almost exactly. Rasmussen called McCain's % of the vote to the exact number, and was off Obama's number by 1% Zogby might have been reasonably accurate back in 2000, but times have changed, son. It's time you catch up to modern times.
  • StephenR danny.v... 2012/10/15 21:47:37
    StephenR
    That is simply not true. Rasmussen was ONLY accurate on their national popular vote poll in 2008. Their battleground state polling for the 2008 presidential election was off by an average of 4 points, worse than all of their major competitors, and skewed toward McCain in every single one of those states. In comparison, CNN was off by an average of 0.7 points in those states, and Reuters/Zogby was off by an average of 1.6 points in those states.

In the 2010 midterm elections, Rasmussen was in fact the least accurate of any major pollster, being off by an average of 5.8 points, again skewed heavily toward Republican candidates.

Apparently Fox News failed to give you those facts when you were being programmed.
  • ted.har... danny.v... 2012/10/31 16:56:06
    ted.hartman1
    +3
    It's actually funny that you said "get with the times" because you are belching a FOX News comment about Rasmussen being the most accurate in 2008. If you look at the statistics from 2010 he was the LEAST (yes LEAST) accurate and erred consistently Republican. He missed the final result in Hawaii by 40 points! what is that... 12 times the margin of error?
  • Falcon danny.v... 2012/11/14 20:49:36
    Falcon
    Uhhh... what were you saying?
  • Hopscotch 2012/05/14 01:32:43
    Hopscotch
    I guess it's in the people you poll.....Carl Rove has more money..........What a waste!
  • TheTruth1313 2012/05/13 06:49:49
    TheTruth1313
    Or at least I hope not. We need to get the lying socialist failure Obama out of office ASAP. Make the pledge!!
  • alanh 2012/05/13 01:53:30
    alanh
    +1
    I think people are waking up to the Obuthead nightmare. I just pray that enough wake up and stand together to vote Him out!!!!!
    The guy's been doing the "money to burn" thing for so long, he can't possibly burn it any faster. And this is the result? He's had it. Undecideds always break for the challenger, anyway.
  • Mike 2012/05/12 20:09:59 (edited)
    +1
    I believe that there are many that are sick and tired of the gimme gimme I want I want mentality by summers end that margin will be increased
  • Ashley 2012/05/12 18:52:16
    Ashley
    +2
    he cant buy votes from those who know who he is
  • VoiceOfReason 2012/05/12 18:10:03
    VoiceOfReason
    +5
    Who told you that Rasmussen is the most accurate poll. Sean Hannity? Rasmussen constantly comes in a couple to several points higher for republicans regardless who it is. It is one of the most biased polls out there.
    +1
    If Americans would start to focus on the real issues that are important to ALL of us instead of the foolishness that the LSM, Democrats, and liberals feed everyone then Obama will lose big time. Obama can't run on his record because a record of failure doesn't work.
  • Kane Fernau 2012/05/12 17:27:57
    Kane Fernau
    Ron Paul can still pull it out
  • danny.v... Kane Fe... 2012/07/12 02:40:15
    danny.vice.10
    +4
    If he had pulled it out, then there wouldn't be a Rand Paul.
  • Kane Fe... danny.v... 2012/07/12 02:46:26
    Kane Fernau
    Good one!
  • BRIDGET 2012/05/12 16:36:49
    BRIDGET
    +1
    IF OLDBAMA THE LIAR MUSLIM WINS-CANADA, HERE I COME! BETTER TO BE A HOSER THAN A COMMUNIST
  • FAWKES' NOOSE ~ ΔTX 2012/05/12 16:26:26
    FAWKES' NOOSE ~ ΔTX
    +5
    Scott Rasmussen is a partisan Republican hack who once worked for the right-wing Worldnutdaily.com as a columnist.

You might say that he uses different wording or methodology, but how is it possible that this different approach ALWAYS gives an edge to the Republican party?

The Center for Public Integrity database on campaign consultants shows "Scott Rasmussen Inc" as a paid consultant for both the "Republican National Committee" and "Bush, George W."

http://www.topix.com/forum/ci...

He also doesn't use polling with cell phones because it costs too much money.

Whatever numbers come out of Rasmussen should be flipped to be more accurate.
  • danny.v... FAWKES'... 2012/07/12 02:37:33
    danny.vice.10
    +1
    Say what you want [...] but the proof is in the pudding. Rasmussen keeps calling them correctly and more accurately. I have the numbers if you want to argue about it. [...]
  • ted.har... danny.v... 2012/10/31 18:26:56
    ted.hartman1
    +3
    Yes Danny give us the numbers. And by the numbers, I mean any poll other than the 2008 popular vote poll. Which is the only poll of his that has ever been accurate.
  • Azcat 2012/05/12 15:46:30 (edited)
    Azcat
    It will enable them to get out more dead and illegal voters, investigate more private lives of the Republican candidates while at the same time ignoring their own skeletal closets, and will invest in multiple diversions to confuse the simple minded.
  • Bob DiN 2012/05/12 15:32:27
    Bob DiN
    Obama will cook his own goose with his lies and Marxist policies. Many have already tuned him out because of lie after distortion after lie. No amount of money can save him.
  • Ozzyboy 2012/05/12 15:20:49
    Ozzyboy
    +1
    No matter how much money he has, I don't think he will ever buy the hearts and minds of working Americans. It's hell to pay when Americans realize that money only bought them a con job.
  • Diane Spraggs Yates 2012/05/12 15:10:55
    Diane Spraggs Yates
    +1
    If the people really get out vote and have aneye out for cheating and turn off Obama adds and tell your unions you voted O but no one is in the booth with you vote for R and no one no wiser (union boss's) !!!!!
    +1
    No better chance of the $2-3 Billion that Romney's buddy billionaires are putting up. Seems they have been pooling funds all over the place to make a HUGE push in September and October. Money is moving around in HUGE quantites.
  • tncdel sjalan 2012/05/12 21:11:43
    tncdel
    Not even leftwing Lamestream reports that. But how about answering the question when you get around to it?
  • sjalan tncdel 2012/05/13 02:12:34
    Actually, the estimates are before the final bell with the close of the last voting poll, the Republican/corporate/religious groups will have spent between the $2-3 Bilion I mentioned.

It is estimated that President Obama will garner nearly $1.3-1.5 Billion. He is no track to have raised more than $1 Billion by September 1st.
  • Flamdingo 2012/05/12 14:34:57
    Flamdingo
    +3
    I think most Americans are smart enough to not let that happen.
  • Daniel 2012/05/12 14:26:45
    Daniel
    +2
    The socialist had three and half years to do something, anything but he chose to treat the office like a high school office. Playing like a high school boy backing PC movements in an attempt to be popular. People are jobless and homeless. These people don't give a damn about two men humping right now.
  • Q 2012/05/12 14:21:26
    Q
    +3
    Rasmussen generally regarded as the most accurate poll.....really? laughing gif
  • tncdel Q 2012/05/12 14:28:26
    tncdel
    +2
    Yep. Didn't know that till now? Strange. Guess you don't even read left-leaning WaPo, who awarded Rasmussen that accolade.
  • tncdel tncdel 2012/05/12 14:41:04
  • Q tncdel 2012/05/12 15:25:47
  • Q tncdel 2012/05/12 14:48:44
    Q
    +2
    Their polls from 2010 were way off, hardly the most accurate poll no matter what the WaPo say's.

The discrepancies between Rasmussen Reports polls and those issued by other companies were apparent from virtually the first day that Barack Obama took office. Rasmussen showed Barack Obama’s disapproval rating at 36 percent, for instance, just a week after his inauguration, at a point when no other pollster had that figure higher than 20 percent.

The 105 polls released in Senate and gubernatorial races by Rasmussen Reports and its subsidiary, Pulse Opinion Research, missed the final margin between the candidates by 5.8 points, a considerably higher figure than that achieved by most other pollsters. Some 13 of its polls missed by 10 or more points, including one in the Hawaii Senate race that missed the final margin between the candidates by 40 points, the largest error ever recorded in a general election in FiveThirtyEight’s database, which includes all polls conducted since 1998.

Moreover, Rasmussen’s polls were quite biased, overestimating the standing of the Republican candidate by almost 4 points on average. In just 12 cases, Rasmussen’s polls overestimated the margin for the Democrat by 3 or more points. But it did so for the Republican candidate in 55 cases — that is, in more t...

Moreover, Rasmussen’s polls were quite biased, overestimating the standing of the Republican candidate by almost 4 points on average. In just 12 cases, Rasmussen’s polls overestimated the margin for the Democrat by 3 or more points. But it did so for the Republican candidate in 55 cases — that is, in more than half of the polls that it issued.

Even it's polling methods are suspect: Rasmussen, for instance, generally conducts all of its interviews during a single, 4-hour window; speaks with the first person it reaches on the phone rather than using a random selection process; does not call cellphones; does not call back respondents whom it misses initially; and uses a computer script rather than live interviewers to conduct its surveys. These are cost-saving measures which contribute to very low response rates and may lead to biased samples.
    http://fivethirtyeight.blogs....
  • tncdel Q 2012/05/12 21:16:37
    tncdel
    WaPo didn't say Rasmussen was infallible. Only the most accurate overall. Others [Gallup, etc.] have an even higher percentage of bad calls.

P.S. I see you and many other Libs opted to evade the question, and to instead
    go off on a tangent carping about Rasmussen's accuracy or lack thereof. If you feel like taking stab at the actual question by me, feel free to do so. :)~
  • Bob DiN Q 2012/05/12 15:34:49
    Bob DiN
    You are correct. Rasmussen has a long record of calling elections the closest.

2014/12/20 23:01:57