RAPE: "WOMEN WHO FEAR IT ARE A DANGER TO CARRY GUNS?"

Old Salt 2013/02/19 20:06:49
HELL YES, GIVE ME (MY WIFE, GIRLFRIEND OR DAUGHTER) THE GUN!!!
NO GUNS, I WILL HAVE MY WIFE, GIRLFRIEND OR DAUGHTER MEMORIZE THESE 10 THINGS!

COLORADO LIBERAL DEMOCRAT SAYS WOMEN WHO FEAR RAPE SHOULD NOT OWN GUNS?

The Colorado State Legislature is trying to resend "concealed weapons" permits to allow those licensed individuals from carrying weapons on University Campuses, ESPECIALLY WOMEN WHO FEAR BEING RAPED!

While trying to explain why women in college don’t need firearms for self-defense on campus, Colorado state Rep. Joe Salazar said even if women feel like they might be raped, their suspected attacker might not actually have intent to rape. So please, put the guns away ladies.

“It’s why we have call boxes, it’s why we have safe zones, it’s why we have the whistles. Because you just don’t know who you’re gonna be shooting at,” he said during a legislative hearing. “And you don’t know if you feel like you’re gonna be raped, or if you feel like someone’s been following you around or if you feel like you’re in trouble and when you may actually not be, that you pop out that gun and you pop — pop a round at somebody.”

In an attempt to back up Representative Salazar, the LIBERAL University of Colorado News paper suggested that "rather than shoot the intended rapist, do one of these 10 things:

1. Be realistic about your ability to protect yourself.
2. Your instinct may be to scream, go ahead! It may startle your attacker and give you an opportunity to run away.
3. Kick off your shoes if you have time and can’t run in them.
4. Don’t take time to look back; just get away.
5. If your life is in danger, passive resistance may be your best defense.
6. Tell your attacker that you have a disease or are menstruating.
7. Vomiting or urinating may also convince the attacker to leave you alone.
8. Yelling, hitting or biting may give you a chance to escape, do it!
9. Understand that some actions on your part might lead to more harm.
10. Remember, every emergency situation is different. Only you can decide which action is most appropriate.

SO ladies, especially you liberal ones..... what would you rather have to protect yourself from being raped..... One of these 10 methods of protection.... or a 9mm Smith & Wesson with a clip capable of firing 10 rounds into a man about to RAPE you?

• E3 2013/03/06 12:36:27 (edited)
    E3
    "It’s why we have call boxes..."
    Do NOT rely on any law enforcement agency since they're merely reactive and, with a high degree of probability, will arrive after the damage will have already been done.

“And you don’t know if you feel like you’re gonna be raped, or if you feel like someone’s been following you around or if you feel like you’re in trouble and when you may actually not be, that you pop out that gun and you pop — pop a round at somebody.”
    Guns are a great deterrent, Mr. Salazar. Just because you're packing heat doesn't mean you'll auto-shoot people. But at the same time, there should be proper training that goes along with that weapon purchase, too.

Listen to yourself, Tiny Tim. Let's do this:

She may not be fast enough to get away, dumbbell.

He might be too close for her to have time or be able,

4. Don’t take time to look back; just get away

Like I said before, he might run faster or way faster than her.

"Be a good little girl and take what you've got coming to you."

6. T...

"It’s why we have call boxes..."

Freaky people might find menstruating a turn-on and even more enticing. Most likely, the attacker wouldn't believe those stories anyway.

Freaky people would find stuff like that even more enticing!

She might be able to fight him off, she might not. That's too large of a risk for women to take.

Yes, like being unarmed.

Hence, buy a gun.
  • memebev1 2013/02/28 10:37:03
    memebev1
    +1
    I accidently said No guns, We have and carry guns.
  • Old Salt memebev1 2013/03/01 05:58:26
  • 9th of 9 2013/02/27 23:23:47
    9th of 9
    +1
    If she followed the 10 steps she'd die of a heart attack. Give her the damn gun so the "criminal" feels the pain instead.
  • debhead 2013/02/26 08:48:34
    debhead
    +1
    This is where gun control comes in. Have her pass a psych evaluation. I mean say she's in a dark parking lot, all alone, and suddenly she hears running behind her. She grabs her gun, turns and there's a man almost to her. She panics and BANG shoots him. He's down and dead. Grasped in his hand is her favorite silk scarf. He'd seen her drop something, picked it up and was running to return it to her.Now the poor bastard is dead and she's going to be traumatized for life and do some time in jail. In jail she is gang raped by 5 large lesbians and made to do unspeakable acts. Gee, if she'd been checked to see that she might be someone who has a phobia and might be quick to shoot this could have all been avoided. Know what I mean?
  • 9th of 9 debhead 2013/02/27 23:13:52
    9th of 9
    +2
    A decent man would have warned her he was coming from a ways off. Women learn that early in life. :)
  • Old Salt 9th of 9 2013/03/01 06:03:00
  • 9th of 9 Old Salt 2013/03/01 09:28:23
    9th of 9
    +1
    Been married to the same woman for almost 32 years, so I wouldn't know. But if so, their loss.
  • Old Salt debhead 2013/03/01 05:59:56
  • John W debhead 2013/04/08 21:29:41
    John W
    In order to get a permit to carry in most states you have to pass a state certified training course, and there is almost always a long and detailed part where they describe all the ways your life is going to be hell if you shoot someone, even if it is in self defence. I know quite a few people who carry, and the first thing we all tell someone who inquires or makes a stupid comment like "if I had a gun, I'd..." is how much money for court costs/lawyer(Many $K minimum), and Jail time waiting for a hearing/maybe a trial(a few days to months but you will be arrested) it will cost even if ruled to be self defence, then we go on to explain how many millions you can be sued for in civil court even if you are acquitted in criminal court($millions) and the added lawyer fees from that. All things that they beat into your head during a certification course. Now, one thing that does need to be eliminated is any course which just mails you a certificate after something stupid simple like a questionnaire(in fact all certificate mills need closed, be it guns/cdls/diplomas). They need to add a bit to the law to regularly audit any certified courses to ensure that they really are teaching everything that is required to be a certified course. And an hour at the gun range every few months to ma...
    In order to get a permit to carry in most states you have to pass a state certified training course, and there is almost always a long and detailed part where they describe all the ways your life is going to be hell if you shoot someone, even if it is in self defence. I know quite a few people who carry, and the first thing we all tell someone who inquires or makes a stupid comment like "if I had a gun, I'd..." is how much money for court costs/lawyer(Many $K minimum), and Jail time waiting for a hearing/maybe a trial(a few days to months but you will be arrested) it will cost even if ruled to be self defence, then we go on to explain how many millions you can be sued for in civil court even if you are acquitted in criminal court($millions) and the added lawyer fees from that. All things that they beat into your head during a certification course. Now, one thing that does need to be eliminated is any course which just mails you a certificate after something stupid simple like a questionnaire(in fact all certificate mills need closed, be it guns/cdls/diplomas). They need to add a bit to the law to regularly audit any certified courses to ensure that they really are teaching everything that is required to be a certified course. And an hour at the gun range every few months to maintain a carry permit wouldn't be a horrible idea either. But as far as a psych eval, I think that would be over the top for someone with no medical, criminal, or other history to indicate that they are a risk, simply ensuring that they are well trained should be enough.
  • Blueskies 2013/02/25 20:39:24
    Blueskies
    +1
    How about some common sense?

The times when a lethal weapon like a firearm is needed are exceedingly rare outside of war zones. Some of the negatives of carrying firearms is that (1) they might be taken and used against you (2) the consequences of being wrong will make you hesitate to use your weapon OR (3) you may use it rashly, out of fear or nervousness. (4) you may use it in anger, it being at hand when your enraged (5) Carrying a firearm may make you arogant and overconfident, leading you to chance things you would otherwise have the sense to walk around..

I learned this from Robert Heinlein :). If you feel you need a weapon, carry one you won't be afraid or hesitate to use. Pepper spray backed by a stun weapon is not likely to get you jailed for manslaughter if you made a mistake (or can't prove you were under attack). I carry a baton plus stunner tucked into deep pockets in my coat or jackets, mostly for knife armed dirty dogs and pit bulls.
    Your best weapon is your mind. Be alert and aware of your surrondings.
  • debhead Blueskies 2013/02/26 09:00:08
    debhead
    +1
    I hear you! People are more likely to use a gun if they have one. Everyone wants to "even out the odds" and carry a weapon. That idea is INSANE, but its their Constitutional Right to bear arms so let's lock and load and kill some one. Lets hope its a legal shoot. Otherwise "Whoops, my bad". I hate guns!
  • Blueskies debhead 2013/02/26 18:31:20
    Blueskies
    I think, assuming a responsible adult, that weapons for home defense is a good idea.
    The fact you have them, or they think you might, deters a lot of people.

I don't hate guns, but they are not romantic to me either. Awkward and heavy most of them. My father taught me to handle firearms, but he thought them a nuisance to have to carry around.

We need to have armed citizens though. There are not that many police, we need to be able to defend ourselves in a pinch. My wife lets me worry about that part, she checks the locks :).
  • C. C. Rider 2013/02/25 20:13:10 (edited)
    C. C. Rider
    +2
    OH for Christ's sake Salazar took back what he said after a 13 HOUR debate he muttered that. WAy to tired to go on. . But really if this law went through more con men would be shot to death. They have no idea what no means...they just think a woman always wants it. LOL

Guess they have a death wish.
  • Blueskies C. C. R... 2013/02/25 21:30:41
    Blueskies
    This goes both ways you know. In fact three ways. (any more ways is way to kinky for me :))
  • Old Salt C. C. R... 2013/02/26 00:09:23
  • stevie.luplow 2013/02/25 17:30:57
    stevie.luplow
    +2
    Some of those methods are wonderful to use, but if they fail, the attacker WILL be shot!
  • Blueskies stevie.... 2013/02/25 21:34:14
    Blueskies
    "Have Gun, Will Date"

That was a TV show long ago, I think.
  • stevie.... Blueskies 2013/02/27 17:51:30
    stevie.luplow
    +1
    Never heard of it...sounds like a reality show though....
  • Old Salt stevie.... 2013/02/26 00:12:53
  • stevie.... Old Salt 2013/02/27 17:51:05
    stevie.luplow
    +2
    They are basically saying if you just take it, you could save your life. In a very dangerous situation (the rapist has a gun/knife/whatever) if you fight, you're more likely to be killed than if you just let it happen. If there is no weapon, fight like hell!

Either way, no one will ever rape me again. I will blow their brains out first.
  • Old Salt stevie.... 2013/03/01 06:12:19 (edited)
  • Blueskies Old Salt 2013/03/28 23:28:56
    Blueskies
    Don't class women as liberals or feminists just because they are women. look at all the women with a sex life, they are no Democrats.
  • Debra Smith 2013/02/25 16:14:27
  • Old Salt Debra S... 2013/02/25 17:34:57
  • Debra S... Old Salt 2013/02/26 14:39:08 (edited)
  • Old Salt Debra S... 2013/03/01 06:34:56
  • Blueskies Debra S... 2013/02/25 23:07:07
    Blueskies
    " People with guns who are not morally bankrupt are VERY RELUCTANT to shoot a human being and SO CONFLICTED that they are likely to end up with the gun being used against them..."

I agree 100%

'm not being unsympathetic but there are tons of unreported crimes, you probably know, besides rape. And rape is far from the worst of all crimes. Not as rape is defined today. Many personal assualts and robberies are simply dealt with w/o ever calling police, who can not do anything anyway.

And lets break down these rapes by demographic. I used to work all the time in South Central LA, all those low life Gangsta's, they treated women like trash. All women. They told me they targeted white women specially, for violence, for girlfriends etc. Not all, Not most, just the Gangsta's, gang banger and gangsta rappers, in the 80's and 90's and oo's..
    Maybe this popuation should be taken out when determing real rape stats?

There are more false charges of rape than real reported, according to some stats I saw.
    Many women, for some reason , report falsely that someone raped them, out of spite or other base reasons, because it's been made so easy for them and it's a way of geting back for a breakup , getting stood up etc.
    AND very many things are counted today as 'rape' that is trully not rape.
    I just don't think we are getting the real straight story here.
  • Debra S... Blueskies 2013/02/26 14:41:51
  • Blueskies Debra S... 2013/02/26 19:18:48 (edited)
    Blueskies
    +2
    I suspect your under stress, not thinking straight. I live in America, where women dominate Universities, schools, hospitals, the media, the government at all levels and have for most of my life. Since the 1970's.

Before that there was constant comment from overseas how 'free' our women were.
    My mother, who died in the 70's, thought she was completly free and 'liberated'. Unlike the old days. before she was born, in modern 1927. She opened up a resteraunt in the 1950's and built it up to 17 stores, before dying of cancer at 53. She thought my father born in 1913 old fashioned, but they sure liked each other.

So I think you may be making way too big a sweeping accussation of a entire society....specially considering the layers of immigrants with old traditions.
  • E3 Blueskies 2013/03/06 12:44:52
    E3
    We need those old traditions.
  • lkreu 2013/02/25 15:53:10
    lkreu
    +3
    I have to think that ALL women fear rape.
  • Old Salt lkreu 2013/02/25 17:39:14
  • Blueskies Old Salt 2013/02/27 00:14:59
    Blueskies
    You sound like a feminist. Your the scum of the planet. Are you barren? You people are traitors and deserve to be shot. Your horrible selfish scum who destroyed their people.
    Your probably obsessed with hating men \and have spent your life trying to destroy them. What good are you?
  • Old Salt Blueskies 2013/03/01 06:41:03
  • Blueskies Old Salt 2013/03/28 23:39:26
    Blueskies
    Maybe I was- I just was talking to some really horrible Democratic people gloating over really horrible things done and what more they wished to do.
    I want freedom from Democrats and feminists.
  • Blueskies lkreu 2013/02/26 19:44:53
    Blueskies
    Probably. I would if threatened I assume.
    To be honest I don't understand rape, except from sheer mad lust.
    There is probably a mental state we go into that makes it possible, under certain types of stress, and I am defective.
  • lkreu Blueskies 2013/02/26 20:42:10
    lkreu
    sheer mad lust is usually consensual - rape is BRUTAL attack.
  • Blueskies lkreu 2013/02/27 00:19:36
    Blueskies
    +1
    But what is the issue? I/we have always tried to protect the women around us, especially from brutal attack.
    So we are treated like crud and arrange our genocide, were shamed degraded and denied educations, and our culture and heritage wiped out.
  • E3 Blueskies 2013/03/06 12:46:46
    E3
    Shameful, isn't it?

2014/10/23 15:49:30