Rape Victims, their DNA, and the SAFER act

Party of One 2012/09/21 02:32:04
Related Topics: Rape, DNA, Image, Images, SodaHead
Rape victims and their loved ones may be pleased and relieved to note the following RAINN announcement:SAFERact RAINN

Read More: http://rainn.org/news-room/senate-committee-approv...

• sickofpolitics 2012/09/28 03:31:30
    sickofpolitics
    +1
    Awesome a Bi-Partisan bill that protect victims of sexual assault. I hope this passes sooner rather than later!!! I will make some calls to my reps!!
  • Party o... sickofp... 2012/09/28 04:34:24
    Party of One
    +1
    THANKS!! :D I know the rape vicitms and their loved ones will appreciate you and others making that effort, very much!! :)

According to rainn.org: "There are two distinct rape kit backlogs in the United States: the well-known backlog of untested kits that have already been submitted to a laboratory for testing; and the hidden backlog of kits in law enforcement storage that have not been submitted for testing. This second backlog is of particular concern because, according to the National Institute of Justice: "Federal programs to reduce backlogs in crime laboratories are not designed to address untested evidence stored in law enforcement agencies."

While previous legislation (the Debbie Smith Act) has helped to address the lab backlogs, the SAFER Act is the first to directly address the hidden backlog as well. It reallocates existing spending, so will not add to the federal deficit."
  • Party of One 2012/09/21 02:43:31
    Party of One
    +1
    I was glad to see committee approval on this issue and share the hope with many that serious consideration and passage of this act are realized within these next three months.

2014/07/24 23:02:26