Rape Away The Gay? Radio Personality Tells Father To Get A Man To Rape His Daughter Until She Turns Straight

Foxy Warrior Guru 2012/04/29 04:07:08

I'm so pissed off over this one I can't even come up with one of my trademark smart-ass comments.

April 28, 2012
By

A radio personality in Cleveland is facing tremendous backlash after telling a father that he should get one of his male friends to rape his daughter to force her to turn straight.

In response to an email from a father who suspected his daughter was gay after discovering her kissing another girl, DJ Dominic Deiter declared on the air that “You should get one of your friends to screw your daughter straight.”

You read that correctly. An apparently anti-gay radio personality told a father that he should arrange for his daughter to be raped repeatedly until she magically turns straight.

After the disgusting remark, GLAAD received multiple reports about the incident, which was said during ‘Rover’s Morning Glory’ radio program that airs on WWMS 100.7 FM radio station on Clear Channel Communications, which includes radio shows hosted by Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, and several other right-wing radio shows. Clear Channel is also owned primarily by Bain Capital, the company that Mitt Romney began and is still involved with.

GLAAD’s Director of News & Field Media Aaron McQuade says “It was appalling and dangerous for this show to tell a father that he should have one of his friends rape his daughter. That’s essentially how Dieter responded to this listener, and this is no laughing matter in a world where people are too often the victims of violence and sexual assault based on their actual or perceived sexual orientation. And Dieter gave this vile advice to everyone who was listening, including educators, parents and children – sending the message that it’s okay to physically or sexually abuse people who are perceived to be gay.”

Clearly, this disc jockey needs to be fired immediately for his comment. Advocating for rape to change homosexuals into heterosexuals is egregiously wrong on so many levels. Rape is a violent act against women, and to say that a father should have his own daughter raped for any reason is flat out evil. If Republicans needed a reason why the Violence Against Women Act and the update to include gays and lesbians should be passed, this is precisely why. Without this Act and the crucial updates, measures would not be in place to prevent the kind of violence Deiter is suggesting be used to curb homosexuality. Furthermore, members of the LGBT are human beings who have rights. Nobody deserves to be raped because of who they are.

Unfortunately, many people heard Deiter’s remark. And undoubtedly, many anti-gay activists may indeed harbor similar feelings. Could they switch their strategy from ‘pray away the gay’ to ‘rape away the gay’? I wonder how many of these anti-gay activists will be courageous enough to condemn Deiter’s response. Probably none of them.

Read More: http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/04/28/rape-away-...

• Icon 2012/07/01 19:02:53
    Icon
    +1
    By that logic someone should beat him untill he becomes intelligent.
  • martin28 2012/05/15 03:53:38
    martin28
    +1
    That's sick, funny thing is this one man's asinine commits will be used as ammunition against anyone who opposes gay marriage.
  • C-ZAR™, Emperor of the PHÆT 2012/05/09 23:52:53
    C-ZAR™, Emperor of the PHÆT
    +1
    that's so damn sick, I don't have words to describe it, I hope that man burns in Hell!
  • Darnel 2012/05/08 02:55:25
    Darnel
    Word spin.

TSK.
  • bob 2012/05/04 20:58:09
    bob
    +2
    sick father and sick man who did it
  • autumnfae 2012/05/02 13:36:01
    autumnfae
    +2
    what a sicko.. he obviously needs to be fired and have some form of continued punishment
  • Ramon 2012/05/02 06:54:16
    Ramon
    +1
    I like how the author made the connection from this wacko to Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity.

i see what you did there
  • Sayer Stewart 2012/05/02 01:08:29
    Sayer Stewart
    +1
    This guy needs to be arrested. He was inciting rape, and that is unacceptable.
  • Dickens 2012/05/01 16:04:43 (edited)
    Dickens
    +3
    ..I would have expected that from michelle bachmann (or her "pray the gay away for a price" husband,) but not from an intelligent human being...
  • Dean 2012/05/01 08:28:49
    Dean
    +1
    That radio person should be fired and the station shut down. Homosexual behavior is a demonic spirit straight from the devil himself. It goes against the principles of Gods. God don't make mistake when he created woman for man. not man for man, not woman for woman.
  • fuzzy K... Dean 2012/05/01 15:10:52
    fuzzy Ken "In G*d We Trust"
    Fire the radio personality? A little harsh, but given what he said, it's understandable.

Shut the station down? Way over the top. Why not firebomb the city of Cleveland while you're at it? Better yet, nuke all of Ohio.
  • Dean fuzzy K... 2012/05/02 03:36:17
    Dean
    +2
    Telling a father to have his daughter raped is no better than telling him to kill her., To say something like that should not be tolerated, so they don't need to be on the air.
  • fuzzy K... Dean 2012/05/02 13:13:27
    fuzzy Ken "In G*d We Trust"
    +2
    So you think closing the station is warranted because one personality said one stupid thing? If that was the rule we would have no radio stations left.
    Fortunately, calmer minds prevailed.
    They aired a recorded apology from Dieter: "I want to genuinely apologize to anyone who may have been offended by what I said. I regret what I did say. My comments were inappropriate. They were inexcusable, and just downright stupid. And I want to make it clear – there was absolutely no intention to promote physical or sexual violence."
    WMMS will air several public-service announcements stressing parental acceptance of a gay child's lifestyle. The station has also invited Equality Ohio to become part of the WMMS Community Advisory Board.
  • Dean fuzzy K... 2012/05/06 06:17:00
    Dean
    He said something stupid and to justify his action to make it better is to accept a gay lifestyle. His action might not have been correct, but promoting homosexual lifestyle is the outcome of his wrongful act. You love the individual, but you don't accept a gay lifestyle.
  • fuzzy K... Dean 2012/05/07 13:27:50
    fuzzy Ken "In G*d We Trust"
    There is a big difference between promoting and accepting homosexuality.
    I subscribe to the classic conservative* attitude that what consenting adults do in their bedroom is their business. Period.

*Look up Dick Cheney and Barry Goldwater.
  • Dean fuzzy K... 2012/05/10 00:35:56
    Dean
    What they do in their bedroom is their business, but when they want me to accept the same sex marriage in the public becomes the public business. When they want me to change something that say that marriage is between a man and a woman it become my business and the public. They trying to force themselves on the public and some of us don't accept their lifestyle in the public.
  • fuzzy K... Dean 2012/05/10 13:06:03
    fuzzy Ken "In G*d We Trust"
    Not that long ago it was illegal for a black person and a white person to marry.
    Things change.
  • Dean fuzzy K... 2012/05/11 03:34:51
    Dean
    It was illegal in the south not the north. The fact still remain that marriage is to take place between a man and woman. It doesn't make any different when it comes to color, because they didn't change a law they just allowed them regardless of color to get marriage under the present law in place. Homosexual want to change the definition of marriage to same sex not abide by the present law that sat marriage is between a man and woman.
  • fuzzy K... Dean 2012/05/11 13:22:14
    fuzzy Ken "In G*d We Trust"
    +1
    It is unconstitutional to deny them rights afforded to others.
  • Dean fuzzy K... 2012/05/11 17:19:09
    Dean
    God is above some man made constitution. When this world stand before God, we want be judged on how well we uphold some man made constitution, but did we up hold the word of God written in his bible. Every body on this earth whether they are a believer or not will be judge according to the word of God. I rather please God than some man who don't want to uphold the word of God. It is unconstitutional to not uphold the word of God morally.
  • fuzzy K... Dean 2012/05/14 14:15:26
    fuzzy Ken "In G*d We Trust"
    ... and you think that you understand the word of G*d???
    We are humans and therefor inferior. We can ask for the Lord's guidance but it is HUBRIS to think that we KNOW His will.
  • Dean fuzzy K... 2012/05/14 16:15:48 (edited)
    Dean
    I know the word of God by the Holy spirit which is the spirit of God. Yes I know the word of God, Because I have accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior which give me the true meaning of God word. We know his will because he told us in the Bible what his will is. You don't know his will because the devil has tricked you out of you inherentant. He told you that you can't know the will of God and you believed him. That's how i know that your not following the teaching of Jesus. I know his will for my life and i speak the word of God according to the Bible that guide and leads me into all truth by Jesus Christ giving thanks to God the Father.
  • P. Sturm 2012/05/01 01:02:48
    P. Sturm
    +2
    So the radio station has psycho hot line where they can get their next sick ideas from?
  • ehrhornp 2012/04/30 22:38:05
    ehrhornp
    +2
    How do these idiots get on the air? I have largely stopped listening to Talk Radio because of this stupidity. It has been taken over by far right nut cases. It is pathetic. My advice is to turn all of it off except the quality shows like Michael Jackson. I don't even know if he is still on but I remember listening to him and he was great. He was replaced by Rush in the early nineties in Hawaii and it has only gone downhill from there.
  • scbluesman13 2012/04/30 19:26:13
    scbluesman13
    +3
    There's no end to what cowards and spineless twits will say when safely hidden behind a microphone without having to show their face to the public.
  • NarcolepticGoat 2012/04/30 18:52:23
    NarcolepticGoat
    +2
    I wonder what Dad said to that.
  • ChynaP 2012/04/30 17:53:30
    ChynaP
    +4
    Yeah lets Rape a Gay woman, Im sure thatll turn her straight, you know aside from the fact that she will probably be terrified of penises for the rest of her life.
  • Guru Casper BN-ZERO 2012/04/30 16:32:42
    Guru Casper BN-ZERO
    +4
    STUPID
    :(
  • Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of ... 2012/04/30 16:18:48
    Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET
    +4
    WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...

Disgusting on so many levels.....
  • Brian ☮ R P ☮ 2012 ☮ 2012/04/30 15:35:59
    Brian ☮ R P ☮ 2012 ☮
    +2
    I'm curious, when did screwing become automatically and singularly synonymous with rape?? Where is the use of force required for rape, implied anywhere in the jocks recommendation?? I'm ever so sorry that I cannot jump to conclusions as easily as most of the rest of you, but "get one of your friends to screw the gay out of her" can mean something besides rape, like perhaps a crude and expedient way of telling the father to assist in finding her a boyfriend. (Not to be interpreted as my agreement that this action is even necessary)

But hey, I get it. You all want to make this about what YOU all want to interpret it to mean, rather than what might have been meant.
  • Narcole... Brian ☮... 2012/04/30 18:29:51
    NarcolepticGoat
    +3
    and you thing "get one of your friends to screw your daughter" is proper? Do you have daughters?
  • Brian ☮... Narcole... 2012/04/30 18:47:39
    Brian ☮ R P ☮ 2012 ☮
    +1
    No, I don't have any daughters, and I find the comment by this shock-jock to be in poor taste, but that is the function of a shock-jock...to sound improper. If I did have a daughter, I would endeavor to help her find love, and maybe set her up with some of my friends sons, in an attempt to develop a relationship...if she were willing.

It is not the fact that this comment was improper that I take issue with, it is the rush to assume he was talking about rape.
  • Narcole... Brian ☮... 2012/04/30 18:51:03
    NarcolepticGoat
    +2
    Ah, ok. ty.

Sons of friends sound much more proper.

Something happens to a guy when he has a daughter. It can be very weird to watch. You think mama grizzlies are bad? Whooo boy!
  • Foxy Wa... Brian ☮... 2012/04/30 20:03:17
    Foxy Warrior Guru
    +3
    Do you think the daughter would willingly go along with having one of her father's friends "screw her straight"? No? Then it would be RAPE.
  • Brian ☮... Foxy Wa... 2012/04/30 21:13:31
    Brian ☮ R P ☮ 2012 ☮
    I think that a daughter might agree to go out with one of her fathers younger friends, or one of his friends sons (if only to placate her fathers wishes). That person might then pursue a relationship with her that may or may not result in their having sex. Would the resultant sexual congress from that scenario, be deemed by you as rape??

Men can be crude beasts when speaking to one another, and interpreting things said between them from an outside perspective is folly.
  • Foxy Wa... Brian ☮... 2012/04/30 21:55:51
    Foxy Warrior Guru
    +1
    In that scenario, sure, it could work out. But that was not what was suggested. The suggestion was not to have a friend ask her on a date, but to "get" a friend to "screw" her. BIG difference.
  • Brian ☮... Foxy Wa... 2012/04/30 22:08:00
    Brian ☮ R P ☮ 2012 ☮
    To many men, it's the same damn thing. "Here's some cash, take her out, and make sure you have a good time", is the same thing without such crudity. Just what don't you get about men being crude when talking to each other??

But hey, you want to interpret what he said as "go rape my daughter", go right ahead, and prove to a certainty the point I've been trying to make here.
  • Foxy Wa... Brian ☮... 2012/04/30 22:09:27
    Foxy Warrior Guru
    +1
    Do you ever get dizzy from all the spin you put on everything?
  • Brian ☮... Foxy Wa... 2012/04/30 22:11:28
    Brian ☮ R P ☮ 2012 ☮
    I understand how men talk to each other, apparently you have no clue to the matter.
  • Blunder... Brian ☮... 2012/05/01 04:55:58
    BlunderWoman ~ FTGOP~ BN 0
    +1
    That is how men talk to each other? Well, did you ever bother to ask a woman if she thinks that "take her out and have a good time" means she is expected to have sex? Because I'm a woman, and when we talk to each other, "screw" means "to have sex", and "take her out and have a good time" means "take her out and have a good time". It's not even remotely the same thing.

2014/09/18 07:44:48