Rand Paul Backs Gun Campaign Featuring Image Of Rifle Pointing At Obama's Head: Do You Agree Him?

★~DoctorWhoGuru~★ 2012/05/10 20:05:00

Read More: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/10/rand-paul...

• Rusty Shackleford 2012/05/10 21:11:30 (edited)
    Rusty Shackleford
    +26
    THIS IS A LIBERAL PROGRESSIVE LIE !

Here is the real image:
    liberal progressive lie real image

Source: http://www.nagr.org/M1_RP_Sur...

This is very typical of the left, expect them to continue this sort of crap up to the election.

Edit: I posted this on the Huffington Post to try to expose their lie, it was no surprise that my comment was deleted.

• Bear 2012/05/16 03:30:26
    Bear
    +1
    Just too right wing nut job for me.
  • Badger 2012/05/15 03:51:33
    Badger
    poor tact Republicans should really avoid images and words that instigate or insinuate violence against to opposition. The only goes to further polarize the citizens.
  • bigfoot 2012/05/14 21:28:59 (edited)
    bigfoot
    this RWNJ behavior has reach the point of being expected.behavior of this kind is only shocking,when you think it is beneath the intelligence of the person doing it.there isn't anything beneath a RWNJ like Rand Paul.
  • gaylehelen 2012/05/13 12:01:05
    gaylehelen
    Um, the picture below doesn't show the gun at Obama's head.
  • JimTheGeek 2012/05/12 13:35:49
    JimTheGeek
    +1
    There was a time when making threats against the President would get you a visit from the Secret Service. Now they're are so prevalent and usually baseless, because the threatener is just a scared little child, that the Secret Service rearely bother.
  • Muriel 2012/05/11 22:37:16
    Muriel
    +1
    Definitely the wrong way to make his point.
  • **StarzAbove** 2012/05/11 20:09:57
    **StarzAbove**
    +1
    This is so wrong but I'm surprised by what this guy does.
  • scbluesman13 2012/05/11 20:06:57
    scbluesman13
    +2
    We already know Rand Paul is a reactionary neocon nutcase. I don't find this story to be at all surprising.
  • POWERSHAKER 2012/05/11 19:58:46
  • cmdrbnd007 2012/05/11 16:42:17
    cmdrbnd007
    It's a total prevarication. They photoshoped the image and turned the rifle around. It was originally pointed at Paul's head. Typical liberal propaganda.
  • Odinsown 2012/05/11 14:07:31
    Odinsown
    I agree that speech in all forms it's protected by the constitution. That add was not awful classy though and didn't cause me to have empathy for their cause.
  • The Gipper~PWCM~JLA 2012/05/11 11:08:08
    The Gipper~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    Generally speaking, I agree with Rand Paul. Not sure what your question is asking though,,,
  • westernslope~PWCM~JLA 2012/05/11 07:47:08
    westernslope~PWCM~JLA
    +2
    Image has been photo altered
  • JERSEYDUDE 2012/05/11 07:40:02
    JERSEYDUDE
    i love Ron Paul but i dont care for his son and i sure as hell dont care for OBAMA and its a PICTURE so get over it ! what are we gonna do now start arresting people for making offensive pictures like that? get real!
  • Wolfman 2012/05/11 07:36:16
  • Luis 2012/05/11 06:49:02
    Luis
    +7
    PRETTY SICK OF RAND PAUL. Maybe he needs to find out what happens when you threaten a President with a Gun. Ask Squeaky Fromm.
  • MegaFortunateSon 2012/05/11 05:45:53
    MegaFortunateSon
    +5
    That's unacceptable and poor judgement and all parties involved should be held accountable.
  • 81sp 2012/05/11 04:09:30
    81sp
    +5
    he is an idiot playing on the paranoia of the gun club. the gun lovers are remarkably
    scared by a president that has not said boo regarding guns. amazing how big tough people
    who at least like to think of themselves seem to scared to death by rumor.
    great fundraiser for nra, they do thatr really well.
  • Live Free Or Die 2012/05/11 03:18:00
    Live Free Or Die
    +6
    It's done in a way that you can question the intention of it, but if you look closely there are enlarged bullets in the shading pointing right at the President.

rand obama rifle
  • Dagon 2012/05/11 02:47:26
  • Philo-Publius 2012/05/11 02:25:50
    Philo-Publius
    +8

You know what bothered me about the assertion of your Top Commenter and his pretensions to Sherlock Holmesery, Dr. Who? The fact that he accepted the conservative source he 'checked' at face value, and never bothered to do any additional research... he just presumed the nagr site didn't alter the photo after the fact.

If you do a google search for that image – your image, Dr. Who, with the gun pointed at Obama – it comes up just as you have it, with nagr's web address underneath the image on google's server, clearly showing that photo was used on nagr's site. However , when you click on that same image in the google results and it directs you to the actual nagr website, the rifle is reversed . Google doesn't link these images in realtime. What you see on a google image search screen is a past capture... an image that was archived previously. Anyone (right now – hurry) can verify nagr altered the photo by 1) Clicking http://www.google.com/search?... (it should be the first image at the top, if not, or if link is broken, go to google image search and type 'obama gun ban nagr'), 2) Hovering over it so they can get a good look at it pointed at Obama's face, and 3) Clicking on it, and watching the rifle 'reverse' (it will, upon redirection to nagr's site, show the later, doctored...
    columbo

If you do a google search for that image – your image, Dr. Who, with the gun pointed at Obama – it comes up just as you have it, with nagr's web address underneath the image on google's server, clearly showing that photo was used on nagr's site. However, when you click on that same image in the google results and it directs you to the actual nagr website, the rifle is reversed. Google doesn't link these images in realtime. What you see on a google image search screen is a past capture... an image that was archived previously. Anyone (right now – hurry) can verify nagr altered the photo by 1) Clicking http://www.google.com/search?... (it should be the first image at the top, if not, or if link is broken, go to google image search and type 'obama gun ban nagr'), 2) Hovering over it so they can get a good look at it pointed at Obama's face, and 3) Clicking on it, and watching the rifle 'reverse' (it will, upon redirection to nagr's site, show the later, doctored image).
  • Live Fr... Philo-P... 2012/05/11 03:31:55
    Live Free Or Die
    +8
    I thought he might be wrong too, so I typed in "Obama gun ban nagr" and saw a photo of the right side of the gun pointing at Obama and in the right hand corner it said 8 hours ago; I clicked on another photo image and the same thing came up. Then I clicked out of it and when I typed it in again, it was still facing the right side. This time I clicked on the image and the gun was pointing left at Rand.

The two picture images were different names, the second one with Rand Paul's name in it, but not on the first. Clearly, the first image came before the second one and was changed.
  • Philo-P... Live Fr... 2012/05/11 10:58:37
    Philo-Publius
    +7
    columbo
    Thank you for the additional witness, ma'am. You've been most helpful. :)
  • Live Fr... Philo-P... 2012/05/11 14:18:39
    Live Free Or Die
    +6
    You're welcome Philo, and thanks for doing the leg work as the top comment kind of made say, hmmmm.....The GOP/NRA are almost one and the same to me so I'm not too shocked to see a photo like that and I can appreciate that there is really only subliminal messaging that may have not been intended. Still, it's obvious that they flipped the gun after the first photo was circulated, not before.
  • chaoskitty123 2012/05/11 02:12:49
    chaoskitty123
    +1
    Lol, it's pointing above his hairline and Rand didn't have anything to do with the graphics as has already been pointed out. Likewise, the NRA includes guns on many of it's banners and logo's.

So here's the real question, if the gun were pointed at Rand would that make you guys happy?

Lol you wouldn't care nor even be mentioning this if the rifle were pointing at Rand Paul... you know it, I know it and the entire world knows it.

But continue on as in the end, these things always backfire on you guys because sooner or later most people ask the question I just asked and they all will agree that if the gun were pointing at Rand, none of you claiming this is racist or hate would say a damn word about it.

If anyone needs to be ashamed here, it's people reading way too much into this. Maybe next time a gun rights group should use an image of a salmon instead of a gun... then ridicule you guys saying if they used an actual gun, you would claim it was with hostile intentions.

As a Centrist, I don't tell you guys these things to simply pop you in the chops, I tell you this because it backfires on you.

Did Rand Paul know this image would be created like this? No he didn't and no one even claims he knew it would be made like this.

Did the group he's backing know it would be made l...

Did the group he's backing know it would be made like this? Chances are they didn't as it looks pretty crude and was obviously put together by someone with no experience making banners.

So go ahead... keep pointing your fingers and making accusations... just ask yourself if Rand knew this was going to be made and the answer every single one of you come to will be no... and that's why it will backfire on you because the accusation is he backed the creation of the campaign image pointing a gun at Obama.

If it were pointed at Rand... would you make any issue of it at all and the answer is no.

Sorry, this is a non issue but it's the type guaranteed to poke Obama's supporters in the eye to get an overreaction over nothing that makes you look like idiots.

We always see these stupid things pop up when Obama makes a mistake and I was wondering what you guys would come up with after he gave his support to gay marriage after North Carolina, a state he must win in 2012, overwhelmingly voted against gay marriage.

You want to get something juicy on Republicans, keep hammering away on Romney taking credit for the GM bailout working when we all know he said to let them go bankrupt... so did I because they would indeed go bankrupt, and be bought out by better owners instead of leaving the idiots who create that mess at GM and Chrysler to stay in power. GM and Chrysler are name brands that are too powerful to abandon and the names alone are worth tens of billions let alone the company assets. that's where you have a win win case... but hey, don't listen as you never do and these things always backfire on you guys where you make yourselves look like idiots.
  • Q chaoski... 2012/05/11 15:39:21
    Q
    +3
    Sure you're a centrist...good one! laughing icon gif
  • C. C. R... chaoski... 2012/05/11 16:52:49
    C. C. Rider
    +3
    aahh just like daddy....the racist nut does not fall far from the racist tree. Paul at any time can have that add pulled. And seems not remembering racist acts runs in that family

ron paul denies knowing about letter
  • Farnsworth 2012/05/11 02:12:41
    Farnsworth
    +2
    It isn't pointing at his head....your question is stupid
  • C. C. R... Farnsworth 2012/05/11 16:49:40 (edited)
    C. C. Rider
    +1
    ehh but with you it is selective sight and hearing.
  • Farnsworth C. C. R... 2012/05/11 19:33:14
    Farnsworth
    +1
    seems the real photo was doctored, much like the Obama "birth" certificate.

[...]
  • C. C. R... Farnsworth 2012/05/11 19:49:41
    C. C. Rider
    +1
    all that anger tsk tsk
  • Farnsworth C. C. R... 2012/05/11 22:58:39
    Farnsworth
    +1
    anger? No...observation
  • HOMBRE Farnsworth 2012/05/11 23:04:00
    HOMBRE
    +1
    Farn libs always making those coments. Like they living in a spin

OBAMA SCRATCHING WITH FINGERS
  • Farnsworth HOMBRE 2012/05/11 23:25:57
    Farnsworth
    +1
    I expect that from CCR
  • C. C. R... Farnsworth 2012/05/12 01:32:30
    C. C. Rider
    what an exciting conversation///lol

dumb and dumber
  • Farnsworth C. C. R... 2012/05/12 02:12:11
    Farnsworth
    What does a picture of your kids got to do with anything?
  • C. C. R... Farnsworth 2012/05/14 00:23:35
    C. C. Rider
    Farns, you know these are the ones you turn to for your facts. LOL
  • C. C. R... Farnsworth 2012/05/12 01:31:43
    C. C. Rider
    I think all that anger is just from losing over and over as you do on here on daily basis.

You never can prove what you say so that anger just explodes.
  • Farnsworth C. C. R... 2012/05/12 02:13:22
    Farnsworth
    my anger is from you not showing enough leg
  • C. C. R... Farnsworth 2012/05/14 00:24:27
    C. C. Rider
    MM no, that kind anger is from not getting enough leg from any one. I am sure your boyfriend will come around.

2014/11/26 18:49:00