Rally tomorrow in over 150 cities across the U.S. to protest Obamacare's abortion mandate. Will you attend?

tncdel 2012/06/08 00:06:26

• tncdel 2012/06/08 22:11:19
    YES, I will be there [comment as you wish].
    tncdel
    I attended the small rally in Wilmington, DE. About a hundred people showed up at the federal court house there. Wilmington parking problems discourage many folks from wanting to go into Wilmington from surrounding areas.
  • The Duke 2012/06/08 07:23:19
    The Duke
    +1
    Definitely will be there to protest the latest Zer0-bama/HHS attempt to trash the Constitution's 1st Amendment:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, OR PROHIBITING THE FREE EXERCISE THEREOF....
  • endthefed.soundmoney 2012/06/08 04:32:21
    NO, I won't be there [tell us why not].
    endthefed.soundmoney
    +2
    working all day.
  • gvc 2012/06/08 03:50:05
    gvc
    +2
    I knew nothing about it....thanks for sharing. I will be there!
  • 3003573 2012/06/08 03:33:41
  • tncdel 3003573 2012/06/08 22:12:45 (edited)
    tncdel
    It shouldn't. But, unfortunately, it most certainly does. See the report via the link I provided in the topic details.
  • 3003573 tncdel 2012/06/09 02:45:02
    NO, I won't be there [tell us why not].
    +2
    Wish I could--but I need to eat!
  • Tigger Too 2012/06/08 02:13:59
  • gvc Tigger Too 2012/06/08 03:49:19
    gvc
    +2
    Excuse me? The morning after pill does not induce an abortion? Then why would anyone need the morning after pill?
  • Latti I... gvc 2012/06/08 11:02:28
    Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET
    +6
    The morning after pill makes sure a female doesn't get pregnant; it isn't an abortion. It's kind of scary that you don't know the difference.
  • gvc Latti I... 2012/06/08 14:19:46
    gvc
    +1
    Sounds like you are the person who needs to learn about the morning after pill.

Kinda of scary that you think you DO know the difference. The egg has already been fertilized, essentially the person taking this pill is preventing the baby from attaching to the uterus. That my friend is an abortion. And the reason the Church does not support it or birth control.

The morning after pill prevents implantation of a pregnancy by messing up the lining of the uterus to keep the egg from finding a good place to grow. While it is fairly effective, it does have a small failure rate (as you know). The actual failure rate is hard to know for sure. About 8 women out of 100 would get pregnant in any one month, if they were having sex around ovulation. The morning after pills seem to reduce that chance to about 1 to 2 out of 100.

The good news is there is no effect (that we know of) on your baby from the medication. The likelihood of an effect on a pregnancy is very small (almost nonexistent) if the exposure is in the first two weeks of pregnancy because of the "toti-potential" ability of the cells. In other words, each cell has the capability of becoming a whole baby. After two weeks, the cells start to differentiate (become certain types of cells). So if you damage or kill some cells in...

The good news is there is no effect (that we know of) on your baby from the medication. The likelihood of an effect on a pregnancy is very small (almost nonexistent) if the exposure is in the first two weeks of pregnancy because of the "toti-potential" ability of the cells. In other words, each cell has the capability of becoming a whole baby. After two weeks, the cells start to differentiate (become certain types of cells). So if you damage or kill some cells in the first two weeks of pregnancy, the other cells fill in for the damaged ones. If you do that after the first two weeks, then they can't fill in and parts of the baby may not develop correctly. If those are critical parts, the baby will not survive (you would miscarry), but if they are not critical, the baby can survive and will be born with defects of one sort or another.
  • Latti I... gvc 2012/06/08 14:27:02
    Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET
    +3
    I'm not going to even bother reading your drivel since I did work at a Clinic before as an intern. The morning after pill is suppose to be taken the next day after sex; not 4 months from now when the female knows she is pregnant. As I've stated, its scary you don't know the difference.
  • gvc Latti I... 2012/06/08 14:31:02
    gvc
    +1
    I know your not going to bother....you might learn something, and that would mess up your Progressive mind. Sad really!
    Oh well be on your way, stay in your ignorance.
  • Latti I... gvc 2012/06/08 15:38:33 (edited)
    Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET
    +4
    Yes the progressive label when one doesn't agree with your inaccurate information. The pill is suppose to be taken a day after having sex, which isn't a abortion.
  • gvc Latti I... 2012/06/08 18:45:04
    gvc
    +1
    If the egg has been fertilized and the pill prevents that egg from attaching to the uterus, thus flushing it from your body....you are killing that baby.
    That is the problem the Church has with the morning after pill. I thought that was rather easy to understand.....guess not!
  • LindaM gvc 2012/06/09 00:21:26
    LindaM
    +3
    You don't get pregnant every time you have sex. This is just a way of prevention. You don't know diddly.
  • gvc LindaM 2012/06/09 01:50:18
    gvc
    Nobody said you get pregnant EVERY time you have sex. You really are reaching aren't you.
    If the egg is fertilized you are pregnant lady.
  • LindaM gvc 2012/06/09 03:14:30
    LindaM
    +3
    THE DAY AFTER PILL IS TO PREVENT PREGNANCY. NOT ABORT.
  • gvc LindaM 2012/06/09 03:23:17
    gvc
    1) egg meets sperm
    2) egg is fertilized by sperm...and a human life is formed
    3) pill is taken to prevent the BABY from attaching to the uterus
    4) Baby is expelled from woman's body.

[...]
  • Latti I... gvc 2012/06/09 00:23:57
    Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET
    +4
    The morning after pill is preventative, it's not abortion LOL!!!!! The Church, wow no wonder you are oblivious and believe the morning after pill is abortion. I don't care what the Church believes; I support their right to believe in it, but I wouldn't be asinine enough to presume their belief is accurate. As I have stated; the morning after pill isn't abortion.
  • gvc Latti I... 2012/06/09 01:51:41
    gvc
    It is not preventative if the egg is fertilized.
    You are pregnant once the egg is fertilized....or did you miss some of your sex ed classes?
  • Latti I... gvc 2012/06/13 17:17:21
    Latti Ice Ganga Gangsta of PHAET
    +1
    LOL!!! Once again; the morning after pill is taken a day later after sex, it's not an abortion.
  • gvc Latti I... 2012/06/13 19:33:50
    gvc
    Latrice, once again. If you are pregnant. Which means the egg is fertilized....you are causing an abortion.
    I'm sorry you can not wrap your mind around this concept however, regardless of what YOU think. THE WOMAN IS CAUSING THE CHILD TO BE EXPELLED FROM HER BODY.
    THAT IS AN ABORTION.
  • Tigger Too gvc 2012/06/09 18:11:51
    Tigger Too
    +2
    Until a fertilized egg has attached to the uterus, it isn't considered a viable fetus. I suppose you're also against women using The Pill for birth control, since it prevents the sperm from joining with the egg.
  • gvc Tigger Too 2012/06/09 18:23:38
    gvc
    By YOU. However the Church has a different view. That, is the problem. YOU and your Obamabots can not force the Church to provide a service it considers against their moral convictions.
    Deal with it....and push your viewpoint on someone else.
  • Tigger Too gvc 2012/06/09 18:48:33
    Tigger Too
    +2
    You have gone from constructive debate and civil discourse to ranting and raving in 99% of your posts. And who in the hell said I was an Obama supporter? You neocons assume that anyone who disagrees with your limited points of view are pinko commies and socialists who have left-wing leanings, an assumption that is patently false. Also, almost all religion-based institutions, such as colleges, take funding from the government, which makes them partially secular. If they want to stop accepting all federal funds, then they might have an argument. However, I don't see any of these entities walking away from the free money. You can't have it both ways. It's typical religious zealot's hypocrisy. And why don't YOU push YOUR viewpoint on someone else? You've done nothing but be combative and rude toward others on this thread who disagree with you. [...]
  • Tigger Too gvc 2012/06/09 18:09:52
    Tigger Too
    +2
    You are TOTALLY confusing the morning-after pill with the abortion pill. They are two entirely different medications.
  • gvc Tigger Too 2012/06/09 18:24:37
    gvc
    Darlin, I am not confusing anything.
    It would really do my soul good if you people actually learned something before you spout your mouths off.
  • Tigger Too gvc 2012/06/09 18:50:44
    Tigger Too
    +1
    Yes, you ARE confusing the two. You evidently missed the portion of my original comments saying that conservatives are long on religious zealotry and short on facts. You, my dear, are proof positive of that.
  • gvc Latti I... 2012/06/13 19:59:05
    gvc
    Reading not your best event I see. Oh well, guess it's true, you can't fix stupid.
  • LindaM Latti I... 2012/06/08 23:38:51
    LindaM
    +2
    That's right, Latrice. You don't get pregnant every time you have sex. This is just a way of prevention. Gvc doesn't know diddly.
  • gvc LindaM 2012/06/09 01:54:22
    gvc
    LOL since I am in the medical field....I would wager I know a damn site more than you .....hell, I will wager I know more then you will EVER know.
  • LindaM gvc 2012/06/09 03:15:28
    LindaM
    +2
    COULDN'T PROVE IT BY ME.
  • gvc LindaM 2012/06/09 03:27:46
  • LindaM gvc 2012/06/09 03:29:11
    LindaM
    +1
    DID YOU READ THE SITES I GAVE YOU.....????? NO YOU DIDN'T. IT PROVES YOU WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG.
  • LindaM gvc 2012/06/09 03:43:50
    LindaM
    +2
    Emergency contraceptive pills are often called "morning after pills" and ... Emergency contraception is used to prevent pregnancy before it begins,
  • gvc LindaM 2012/06/09 03:45:31
    gvc
    IT PREVENTS THE FERTILIZED EGG (BABY) FROM ATTACHING TO THE UTERUS.
    PLEASE TRY TO FIX YOUR STUPID. I KNOW IT'S IMPOSSIBLE BUT GIVE IT A GO WILL YA?
  • LindaM gvc 2012/06/09 03:50:18
    LindaM
    +2
    The Morning After Pill keeps a woman from getting pregnant by stopping:

· ovulation, or stopping the ovaries from releasing eggs that can be fertilized;

· fertilization, or stopping the egg from being fertilized by the sperm;
  • gvc gvc 2012/06/09 03:54:42
    gvc
    You call yourself a Christian? You better check yourself lady....I suspect like everything else you have no idea what that even means.

Try getting your information from medical experts instead of your liberal equally as ignorant friends.

You are beyond help!

2014/10/23 08:41:20