Rachel Maddow at MSNBC makes an idiot of herself again

FanOreilly 2011/02/01 20:00:56
Rachel Maddow and the research team at MSNBC can't tell a real story from a fake one.

Once again Rache and the uber-intelligent ivy league educated liberals at MSNBC fall for a fake story online and report it as truth.

What is REALLY amusing is that Rachel Maddow makes an idiot of herself while mocking conservatives.

"The Internet's finest satirists hooked a big fish in the media world last night. In an embarrassing segment on her MSNBC show, Rachel Maddow slammed conservatives for attacking President Obama's Egypt policies. Her targets included Kentucky Senator Rand Paul, former ambassador to the UN John Bolton and Stephenson Billings at ChristWire.org. Only problem is Stephenson Billings is not a real person. He's a fictional byproduct of a website that also warns readers that the Xbox Kinect is a terrorist training tool and the Japanese have created scary robot babies which "threaten humanity."

The article that caught Maddow's eye called for an "American-led invasion" into Egypt and begged former Alaska governor Sarah Palin to lead the war cry.

"The escalating crisis in Egypt could become a defining moment for Sarah Palin," Billings wrote. "Governor Palin needs to speak out publicly and forcibly for an American-led invasion to protect our interests in North Africa."

In the following clip (which MSNBC scrubbed from its website) Maddow falls for the article hook, line and sinker:"

Look for another lame non-apology, apology from Rachel Maddow on yet another outlandishly irresponsible propaganda...ahem, reporting.

Now that Olby is fired, Rachel is fighting for the position of biggest idiot at MSNBC (and that's saying something!)

Read More: http://news.yahoo.com/s/atlantic/20110201/cm_atlan...

• FanOreilly 2011/02/01 20:03:46
    FanOreilly
    +28
    Rachel Maddow and the libs at MSNBC remind me of the libs on SodaHead who attack the right with intelligent comments like:

"You are stoopid"

I guess liberal intelligence doesn't lead them to use spell check.

intelligent comments stoopid guess liberal intelligence lead spell check rachel maddow

• Steve FanOreilly 2011/02/03 03:13:58
    Steve
    +1
    You think my sources are poor, I think Fox is trash.
  • KLynn Steve 2011/02/03 18:02:36
    KLynn
    +2
    Your sources are poor.........they're all left wing propaganda pits.
  • Steve KLynn 2011/02/03 19:39:21
    Steve
    No, Fox is a right-wing propaganda pit.
  • KLynn Steve 2011/02/04 02:30:33
    KLynn
    +2
    Yes..........your sources are poor. Live with it.
  • Steve KLynn 2011/02/04 02:54:12
    Steve
    +1
    It's interesting that any fact-checking organization that looks into Fox's mistakes gets a blanket dismissal and condemnation.

Also interesting that there are no respected fact-checking organizations that finds these matters to have been accurately reported by Fox.
  • KLynn Steve 2011/02/04 17:03:27
    KLynn
    What's interesting and even more amazing is the fact that MSNBC stays on the air at all. Chris Matthews has been literally bastardizing history for the last week in his attack on Glenn Beck and Rachel has yet to make an honest and sincere apology for her ridiculous statements. So, when you air it all out, it comes out to be about the same don't it? The difference, Fox News has an audience, MSNBC doesn't. Maybe that's a representation of the programming being aired. In other words, people are sick of the left. In liberal land, we're all stupid. I think my first analogy is the correct one.
  • Beckwolf Steve 2011/02/04 19:35:33
    Beckwolf
    Fact checking means checking the source, not taking claims made on forums. I could say that your mother was born on Mars, doesn't make it true just because I posted it on a forum.
    I think all organizations have reported on things that were debunked quickly. They see a story printed, wonder how they missed it, and quickly print it themselves before they realize it was a fake. Rachel Maddow is simply one of the worst when it comes to admitting her mistakes. She not only sees a headline and runs before fact-checking it, she makes up her own headlines, which is in an entirely different world and something I DON'T see from places that are far more balanced, yes Fox being far more balanced than her. I've said it before, there's a difference between a talk show host giving his or her opinions, and talk show hosts who pretend that they're the actual news. She definitely falls into the latter categories.
    Considering the sources you've provided, you're also demonstrating others that continuously fall into the latter. A democratic underground forum as a source? That's where much of the fake news being reported comes from to begin with. Media Matters, another forum written by activists with an agenda who tell their OPINION. If a reporter was to use them as sources, well then that ...
    Considering the sources you've provided, you're also demonstrating others that continuously fall into the latter. A democratic underground forum as a source? That's where much of the fake news being reported comes from to begin with. Media Matters, another forum written by activists with an agenda who tell their OPINION. If a reporter was to use them as sources, well then that reporter would be doing the very thing we both are saying is wrong, yet that's who you're using. Geez, Media Matters' global warming stories are enough proof that they're an opinion based political activist site. "We say this is the way things are because we say this is the way things are"....not good. So Fox reports a false story from scientists because an activist says the scientists are wrong. A story uses credible experts, a forum has people making claims.
  • r-w-wako Steve 2011/02/02 19:15:52
    r-w-wako
    +5
    Hmm... You're gonna have to give some examples of FOX failing to live up to mistakes. I recall a few retractions and corrections, but I can't think of any times that they pretended it didn't happen.

It is hilarious that you invoke rachel and then, in the very next sentence, use the term "journalistic integrity". That's like referencing poop in context with gourmet dining.
  • r-w-wako 2011/02/02 17:40:35
    r-w-wako
    +3
    I wish rachel would lean forward and kiss my hoo-hoo...
  • teigan r-w-wako 2011/02/02 18:26:14
    teigan
    +2
    Not sure which way she leans. LOL Or even if she is a she.
  • Beckwolf r-w-wako 2011/02/02 18:38:44
    Beckwolf
    +4
    I don't want it anywhere near my hoo-hoo
  • Kane Fernau 2011/02/02 17:39:50
    Kane Fernau
    +3
    Liberals always jump to conclusions,
  • Lanikai Kane Fe... 2011/02/02 20:37:51
    +4
    The only exercise some people get is jumping to conclusions, running down their friends, side-stepping responsibility, and pushing their luck! ~Author Unknown

This is the liberal motto.
  • Truthteller 2011/02/02 17:35:27
    Truthteller
    +3
    Typical liberal - slam a conservative, make up stories, lie about the news and then walk away unscathed. Too bad Rachel Maddow wasn't accompanying AC in Egypt - perhaps the sweet muslim brotherhood thugs would have knocked some sense into her wooden head.
  • UNCLE DADDY 2011/02/02 17:15:06
    UNCLE DADDY
    +3
    This is the same logic that Nancy Pelosi used when she said "we have to pass the healthcare bill to find out what's in it"!
  • Beckwolf UNCLE D... 2011/02/04 19:38:02
    Beckwolf
    Or Napolitano's "the system works" line when the system failed and passengers had to be the ones to stop the underwear bomber.
  • easyeduri~PWCM~JLA 2011/02/02 16:38:13
    easyeduri~PWCM~JLA
    +3
    Some people just can't help themselves. Maddow is apparently one of these.
  • hayesml47 2011/02/02 16:30:04
    hayesml47
    +2
    What would you expect from a corporate owned media? They have both conservatives and liberals spouting all kinds of stupidites toward each other just to keep the public all stirred up and distracted from the Corporate Americas agenda!
  • GINGERBREAD 2011/02/02 16:28:08
    GINGERBREAD
    +3
    Well, what can I say. The only time these liberals seem to want to open their mouths is when they are smirching another conservative. Any old story will do, whether right or wrong, as long as they can put it out there. When proven that the story was a lie, never mind, let's go to the next lie.
  • Account Closed 2011/02/02 16:19:54
    Account Closed
    +4
    MAD COW MAD COW!!!!

mad cow mad cow Mad cow
  • GINGERB... Account... 2011/02/03 01:37:13
    GINGERBREAD
    +2
    Yeah, I guess you may be right. How did the old joke go??? How come they call it PMS??? Because mad cow desease was already taken
  • My2cents4HeIsPreator 2011/02/02 16:09:38
    My2cents4HeIsPreator
    +2
    at least she has nice bj lips
  • Daryl My2cent... 2011/02/03 07:26:45
    Daryl
    +4
    You have better odds coming on to a rotweiler.

odds rotweiler rotweiler
  • unicorn_lady1 2011/02/02 15:23:54
    unicorn_lady1
    +5
    She is a hate monger. I regret that my association in sodahead leads me to watching some of her crap. I certainly would not watch her on TV and feel that anyone who does is brain damaged, before and after the 'event.'
  • GANGA~Patriotic Revolution ... 2011/02/02 14:24:20
    GANGA~Patriotic Revolution BL-100+
    +5
    Apparently, he has already replaced Olby as biggest idiot!

replaced olby idiot
  • Mr. Smith 2011/02/02 14:06:15
    Mr. Smith
    +9
    Such a handsome young man, but not very bright!
  • Douglas... Mr. Smith 2011/02/02 14:29:38
    DouglasSignorovitch
    +4
    That's funny.
    Good one.
  • KLynn Mr. Smith 2011/02/03 18:03:40
    KLynn
    +3
    LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • bob h. 2011/02/02 13:35:56
    bob h.
    +3
    Keep fishing, you'll get one.
  • Al C. 2011/02/02 12:55:28 (edited)
    Al C.
    +5
    What an idiot, she's the new Olbermann and will be the next to get canned!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • LarryFine 2011/02/02 12:53:59
    LarryFine
    +5
    Who would name their son Rachel??????
  • Mark P. 2011/02/02 12:25:07
    Mark P.
    +4
    What a dumbass. Too bad I never watch the idiot.
  • MIKEY 2011/02/02 12:14:54
    MIKEY
    +2
    let maddow go pitch palin's tent on palin's alaska...
  • Alancito 2011/02/02 11:38:23
    Alancito
    +4
    Now be nice to Mr. Maddow. He is a nice guy.
  • 2sly 2011/02/02 09:42:44
    2sly
    +4
    She's just another fools fool, just like Obama.
  • Chris 2011/02/02 09:04:00 (edited)
  • onetirednurse 2011/02/02 08:59:33
    onetirednurse
    +5
    Folks, the mainstream media in the US is not interested in just giving us the news anymore. The uber- elite media has taken it upon themselves to tell us what we should think, what we should be eating, who we should be voting for and they have decided that they will also play PC police. Reading the news with just the facts doesn't get their agenda across. Maddow is no different from the rest of the talking heads. She attacks and accuses without facts, but don't fret I'm sure the 10 people that saw her show know she is full of it anyway.
  • loudelk99 2011/02/02 08:53:19
    loudelk99
    +4
    And they accuse Fox of not doing any research.
  • mrdog 2011/02/02 08:45:11
    mrdog
    +3
    And we trust American Media? Facts only the facts..please...bark
  • linuxrocks 2011/02/02 08:22:53
    linuxrocks
    +2
    Well, she knows your "Extremely Angry!"... And frankly, Rachel is far from an Idiot as some here seem to think she is.If your going to point out literal mistakes(She admitted them and CORRECTED them) then this is just more right wings BS as usual... come on guys... join reality and find real things wrong... not mistake that are corrected :D

2014/08/27 15:18:25