Quote of the day from Ben Stein - the hypocrisy of our federal government under Barack Obama

Ken 2012/08/31 21:48:54

Paradoxical Quote of the Day from Ben Stein:

"Fathom the hypocrisy of a government

that requires every citizen to prove they

are insured. . . but not everyone must

prove they are a citizen."

Now add this, "Many of those who refuse,

or are unable, to prove they are citizens

will receive free insurance paid for by

those who are forced to buy insurance

because they are citizens."

• kaZappoo 2012/09/01 01:17:05
    kaZappoo
    +5
    yepp ,,,hypocracy isn't the term to use here !
    idiocy is more like it ,,

same as a few other issues !

• donnatrrs 2014/12/04 19:56:25
    donnatrrs
    +1
    My daughter who is an American born citizen, has just been notified by mail she is no longer eligible for med-cal. My daughter is twenty-nine years old, she is challenged by the job market. As of right now both of us are trying to find full time jobs. The thought of an illegal alien getting full benefits boils my blood. I am a fourth generation San Franciscan, my relatives fought in all of the American wars including my father. My relatives all worked and put in thier time. What do we do now, us Americans are in a pickle.
  • Pamela 2014/11/04 06:19:07
    Pamela
    +3
    How stupid can Ben Stein be? The REPUBLICANS passed civil rights legislation? More people are on welfare than ever? Obama is using race to divide us? That is SO absurd; nobody could back that up with a single example.

If Republicans had their way, they'd abolish unions, minimum wage, all laws protecting the environment. They would abolish ANYTHING that stood in the way of maximum profits, not for you and me, but for stockholders who don't work, period - they only collect money. Interest rates would go up. The police would have even more power than they have now. We'd have more guns. They would turn back the civil rights clock. Anyone who voted against them would find figuring out how to vote more and more confusing. Gays would be pushed back in the closet. A nation of immigrants - I bet none of you are Native Americans- would close its doors and YOU, white people, can pick strawberries for $2 an hour.

AND you can forget having decent health care, unless you're willing to sell everything you have to get it.

Nobody on this site can argue with a single bit of this. Read your history. It's what they've always stood for.

I thought about addressing individuals writers here, but why? Most of this is too stupid for words. You are allowed to have an opinion. You are not allow...

I thought about addressing individuals writers here, but why? Most of this is too stupid for words. You are allowed to have an opinion. You are not allowed to have your own version of the facts.

One exception: Ken: " the Obama campaign, pitting Americans against one another using greed and envy." WHAT? That is the dumbest thing I've heard today.

Get educated, people.
  • Ken Pamela 2014/11/04 22:42:20
    The Republicans in congress did in fact vote in much higher percentages for the Civil Rights Act than did Democrats -- without them LBJ could not have gotten it passed.

Your words: "AND you can forget having decent health care, unless you're willing to sell everything you have to get it."

What an appalling display of ignorance. The few million who have signed up for Obamacare, around 8 million out of a population of around 320 million (2.5%) (the great majority of whom are receiving government subsidies) are finding that their policies aren't worth the paper they are printed on. The annual deductibles on those "affordable" policies are so high that it is unlikely they will ever get any benefit from them. So much for "decent" health care under the ACA.
    http://www.bloomberg.com/news...
    What Bloomberg predicted in that article in 2013 has come to pass:
    http://www.breitbart.com/Inst...

Your words, again: One exception: Ken: " the Obama campaign, pitting Americans against one another using greed and envy." WHAT? That is the dumbest thing I've heard today.

Dumbness, in this instance, is in the eyes of the beholder:

"President Obama said Mitt Romney’s tax plan amounts to “Robin Hood in reverse” because it would take money from the poor to help the rich."

"The Democrats say it is an i...

http://www.bloomberg.com/news...
    http://www.breitbart.com/Inst...

"The Democrats say it is an issue of “fairness,” but if you look at the way it is portrayed by the President, it is not fairness he preaches. It is resentment towards the rich, as if by being rich, the rich are somehow automatically guilty of being unjust and unfair.'

It seems that you are the one who needs to "get educated." I hope I've been of some help in that regard.
  • Geofreak 2014/08/31 20:07:42
    Geofreak
    +3
    Ben Stein didn't say this: http://www.snopes.com/politic...
  • patricia.e.knight 2013/11/01 14:52:09
    patricia.e.knight
    +4
    Isn't that something, think about it.
  • Ken patrici... 2013/11/01 16:50:32
    Add the following and it becomes really something to think about:

Most people in this country are not even required to prove that they are citizens, or to prove that they are who they say they are in order to vote -- and that's the way the liberals like it.
  • parkerpetters 2013/10/29 16:24:55
    parkerpetters
    +1
    Hahahahahahahahaha. This should bur my cousin Chris W. in the ass. reap what you sow[...]
  • sara 2012/10/11 02:19:01
    sara
    +1
    Noone read Obama care including Obama before it was passed as a Tax. Talk about lying to Americans when he promised transparency in his election campaign. As long as Americans allow this dictator to do whatever he wants without going through the proper channels we'll get more of the same
  • kyle.comerford 2012/09/27 21:58:50
    kyle.comerford
    +3
    Ben Stein is a smart man but he himself has said that this quote is false. He never said it or wrote it. No part of the ppaca will give healthcare to non citizens. to think that he would say this is an insult to Ben Stein.
  • redhorse29 2012/09/04 05:32:02
    redhorse29
    +1
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    I think I am going crazy.
  • JimmyIIX 2012/09/03 15:39:05
  • britbiker 2012/09/03 13:23:40
    britbiker
    +1
    The way things are progressing right now, it don't surprise me
    +1
    A truly observant man ..
    (love his wit .. his humor .. )
  • Al C. 2012/09/02 12:15:44 (edited)
    Al C.
    +2
    It all starts and ends with a President who's not a citizen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Ken Al C. 2012/09/02 15:29:28
    +1
    What can you say about a President who tells an implacable foe "After my election I'll have more flexibility. . ." while he is pitting Americans against each other?
  • Al C. Ken 2012/09/02 15:38:21
    Al C.
    +2
    He's doing that now and if he gets re-elected it will only get worse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Rusty 2012/09/02 03:47:57
    Rusty
    +3
    A humble genius......states it plainly so anyone with half a brain working can SEE..!! I love this guy.
  • DuncanONeil 2012/09/01 23:47:46
    DuncanONeil
    How is that paradoxical?
  • Ken DuncanO... 2012/09/02 00:14:53
    +2
    paradoxical: 1. a statement or proposition that seems self-contradictory or absurd but in reality expresses a possible truth. 2. a self-contradictory and false proposition.

You don't believe the Health Care law that requires citizens to buy health insurance, but allows non-citizens to get free health insurance isn't absurd on its face?
  • DuncanO... Ken 2012/09/02 12:25:31
    DuncanONeil
    +2
    My position was that we were discussing the quotation, not the law itself. Which, in pite of the SCOTUS ruling still reads as unconstitutional.
  • Ken DuncanO... 2012/09/02 15:30:40 (edited)
    +2
    I believe Ben Stein's quote was intended to reflect the provisions of the law, which I agree is unconstitutional.
  • jubil8 BN-0 PON 2012/09/01 22:54:50 (edited)
    jubil8 BN-0 PON
    +4
    Ben Stein is great -- I can hear his dry little voice saying those words VERY clearly.

I'm not sure I'd call it hypocrisy -- stupidity, idiocy, ridiculous, paradox for sure. But Ben's probably cleverer than I am, so if he wants to call it hypocrisy, ok.
  • caius madison 2012/09/01 22:10:51
    caius madison
    +3
    Leave it to Ben Stein and all is clear. My hats off to you sir.
  • Plantgypc 2012/09/01 19:50:28
    Plantgypc
    +3
    Ben Stein hits it on the button.
    +1
    He's a 1%'er.... WTF does he know?
  • Ken Lady Wh... 2012/09/01 14:04:04
    +2
    Truth when he sees it!! I see you've adopted the "divide and conquer" theory of the Obama campaign, pitting Americans against one another using greed and envy. Congratulations.
  • Rusty Ken 2012/09/02 03:43:59
    Rusty
    +3
    As you have stated it.....the #1 tactic in the communist playbook to create resentment and turn citizen against citizen. Causing citizens to blame and attack rather than reaching for the brass ring!
  • caius m... Lady Wh... 2012/09/01 21:56:41
    caius madison
    +2
    When I first came to this site in April, you used to be the voice of reason. What has happened to you? :(
  • Ken caius m... 2012/09/01 23:21:14
    Someone kidnapped the real Lady Whitewolf and replaced her with an Alinsky-trained imposter.
  • jeane Lady Wh... 2012/09/02 15:26:56
    jeane
    +2
    Sorry accidentally raved you. This is one smart man who knows a LOT!
  • JimmyIIX 2012/09/01 06:04:43 (edited)
    JimmyIIX
    +2
    Sick fin truth, disgusting. What a pitiful string of administrations Just run us into the ground right..
  • Mike W 2012/09/01 03:58:13
    Mike W
    +2
    Genius, sad but true under the current anti american administration
    +2
    Liberal hypocrisy is the worst of all.
  • Prairie Wind 2012/09/01 03:24:15
    Prairie Wind
    +2
    This isn't going to last for long. We either run out of money or begin to get smart and stop the handouts.
  • Matt 2012/09/01 03:22:17
    Matt
    +1
    Quite a plug for openness and honesty from Nixon's speechwriterl
  • jgreyone Matt 2012/09/01 21:14:10
    jgreyone
    +7
    Obama makes Nixon look like a choirboy; we've never had a more corrupt person as President than B. Hussein!
  • Ken jgreyone 2012/09/01 23:22:10
    +1
    You've got that right, and the media lets him get away with his hundreds of millions in bribes and paybacks to his supporters.
  • Matt jgreyone 2012/09/01 23:36:09
    Matt
    After murdering about 60,000 of our young, fighting "commies", Nixon paid them a respectful tribute by giving China "most favored nation" trading status. Subsequent administrations removed tariffs and sent all of our manufacturing jobs overseas. Friends of organized labor, Clinton and Obama signed all of the job killing "free trade" agreements into law. The repercussions of Nixon"s policies did not affect his administration because we were still enjoying the prosperity that Eisenhower and Kennedy fostered.
  • Ken Matt 2012/09/02 03:50:56
    +2
    What "60,000" of our youth did Nixon "murder?" If you know your history, you would know that our involvement in Vietnam escalated into a "war" under Lyndon Johnson. It was fought under Democratic administrations from 1960 (Kennedy's Green Berets and aid to the South) to 1968 (Lyndon Johnson's escalation), a period of 8 years. Nixon was elected in 1968, took office in 1969 and ended the Vietnam War he "inherited" (to use Obama's excuse) by January, 1973. right at 4 years in office.
  • Matt Ken 2012/09/02 15:06:21
    Matt
    Johnson was mostly responsible for those deaths. It took a lot of pressure to get Nixon out of 'Nam. Once international investment was allowed in China, to exploit the slave labor, all of the sudden, they were our best friends. They suck a lot of money out of this country and are still arming our enemies, but that doesn't seem to matter.
    china arms terrorists

2014/12/18 09:39:01