Question for those who arent christians. Why do u not believe or what is your religion?

spacesocks 2009/05/21 23:50:26
Im not pounding on u for not being one or trying to convert u. Im just curious :)

• Jeff 2009/05/22 00:35:13
    i am of this religion....
    Jeff
    +6
    I am a Pastafarian because there is no reason to doubt that my life has been touched by His noodley appendage.

• Rusty Shackelford 2009/05/22 16:11:14
    comment....
    Rusty Shackelford
    I don't follow any religion because I don't believe any of them have a monopoly on the truth. Religions are a creation of man to explain the unknown. We have better answers now so religion is no longer needed.
  • Bastion 2009/05/22 14:26:09
    i am of this religion....
    Bastion
    +1
    The Church of the Subgenius, because "Bob" said it, and I bought it.

AAAAnd a bit of Taoism. And Zen.

Because I actually DON'T buy what humans sell. And that pretty much rules out any "faith" that relies on "scriptures" that are supposed to be the "revealed word of god". They are all just stories written by humans with an agenda. Period. We have this wonderful brain . . . we should use it to look at facts and try to understand life for ourselves.
  • Kirra Blackhart... Now even... 2009/05/22 11:20:58
    i am of this religion....
    Kirra Blackhart... Now even more cynical, bitter & twisted BN12
    Pantheist.

Because it makes sense.
  • webmaven 2009/05/22 04:05:31
    comment....
    webmaven
    +1
    I'm perfectly satisfied with my own religion. Mine is more about what kind of life you are leading ethically than what you do or do not believe about God.
  • Disko Pickle 2009/05/22 03:25:21
    comment....
    Disko Pickle
    +3
    I am a Tarvuist because it is the only religion in the world to have been proven true to an accuracy greater than 99.9995%. Plus, the Tarvunty is the book from which most of the New Testament stories were stolen.

http://www.tarvu.com
  • spacesocks Disko P... 2009/05/22 05:13:12
    spacesocks
    ive never heard of that one...
  • ... 2009/05/22 02:38:01
    comment....
    ...
    +1
    because! believing that some guy (who no one can explain to me where he came from) just made me... just does not sound right. reading comment believing guy explain sound reading comment believing guy explain sound reading sounds so much better and explains more than this book.
  • ... ... 2009/05/22 02:40:52
    ...
    +1
    the origin of species is the one i believe did not come out like i wanted it too.
  • spacesocks ... 2009/05/22 05:19:10
    spacesocks
    what is ur theory about y monkeys dont change into humans anymore?
  • socokid spacesocks 2009/05/22 12:55:16 (edited)
    socokid
    +2
    That would defy what evolution teaches, that's why. We did not evolve from monkeys. That's a common mistake (and that picture of a monkey gradually forming into a human is VERY misleading and is not used very much anymore due to the confusion it causes in this regard). We merely have common ancestors.

See this:
    http://www.scientificamerican...

Here's #6 of the 15 points in that article.

"6. If humans descended from monkeys, why are there still monkeys?

This surprisingly common argument reflects several levels of ignorance about evolution. The first mistake is that evolution does not teach that humans descended from monkeys; it states that both have a common ancestor.

The deeper error is that this objection is tantamount to asking, "If children descended from adults, why are there still adults?" New species evolve by splintering off from established ones, when populations of organisms become isolated from the main branch of their family and acquire sufficient differences to remain forever distinct. The parent species may survive indefinitely thereafter, or it may become extinct."

In other words, the monkeys we see today are merely the result of a branching in the ancestry that happened a very long time ago, and we humans merely took a different path. Also remember, that 99.9% of the life a...

See this:
    http://www.scientificamerican...

In other words, the monkeys we see today are merely the result of a branching in the ancestry that happened a very long time ago, and we humans merely took a different path. Also remember, that 99.9% of the life and diversity of life this planet has ever seen is not here anymore. Extinct. The ancestors of monkeys and humans have long been extinct. Also remember, that humans ARE primates, we are just a different species.

This is a very good video as well, if you wanted:

Good luck!
  • spacesocks socokid 2009/05/23 15:13:51
    spacesocks
    +1
    thanks!
  • ... spacesocks 2009/05/23 22:33:17
    ...
    because it takes millions of years. you tell me why people don't speak to god anymore and why was it only so long ago.
  • spacesocks ... 2009/05/24 01:40:08
    spacesocks
    thats different and are you seriously saying that years from now monkeys will start turning into humans again?
  • Death 2009/05/22 02:15:47
    comment....
    Death
    +1
    Really for the same reasons you believe.
  • spacesocks Death 2009/05/22 02:17:53
    spacesocks
    wtf?
  • Death spacesocks 2009/05/22 02:22:12
    Death
    +2
    For the same reasons anyone believes anything. Its what makes sense to them. Is that confusing?
  • webmaven Death 2009/05/22 04:07:41
    webmaven
    good answer
  • spacesocks Death 2009/05/22 05:15:37
    spacesocks
    no i was just wanting to know what u believe not why u believe it
  • Damaris 2009/05/22 01:08:08
    comment....
    Damaris
    +2
    i dont believe because there just cant be a god and if there is he doesnt care
  • Jeff 2009/05/22 00:35:13
    i am of this religion....
    Jeff
    +6
  • socokid Jeff 2009/05/22 00:50:15 (edited)
    socokid
    +4
    Ramen matey.
  • Jeff socokid 2009/05/22 00:53:14
    Jeff
    +2
    Arrr. Ramen.
  • spacesocks Jeff 2009/05/22 01:33:49
    spacesocks
    doesnt make much sense to me but u guys made me laugh :)
  • The San... spacesocks 2009/05/22 13:05:28
    The Sane One
    They're referring to the entity known as the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

http://www.amazon.com/Gospel-...
  • socokid 2009/05/22 00:24:57
    comment....
    socokid
    +4
    I am not religious because I don't believe a "God" exists, and have no reason to believe he does.

In other words, I'm far from believing in ANY religion, let alone the Christian flavor.

Good luck with your query.
  • spacesocks socokid 2009/05/22 00:34:33
    spacesocks
    thanks :)
  • The Sane One 2009/05/22 00:09:38
    i am of this religion....
    The Sane One
    +2
    I believe in the spiritual side of Nature, but I don't believe in a specific organized religion-- I find that the organized religions that I've researched re not really interested in providing spiritual guidance, but are more interested in controlling thoughts and actions-- and thus giving a huge amount of political control to the people that run the churches.

2014/04/16 07:35:17